Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Scallop
Raw
Avatar of Scallop

Scallop

Member Seen 3 mos ago

Felix Hausten

Location: Justice Memorial Hospital


Felix was frustrated. He wasn't making any sense at all. it never once occurred to him that this was hysteria and caused by a panic just because hew as cooped up in here and wanted some contact with people that weren't nurses or doctors. There was something off. The random panic that had occurred. Something else was afoot in this hospital he was sure of it. he didn't care if no one believed him even if this was just hysteria. He was just so sure of himself that in the end he'd be the one with the chance to say "Told you so". His face was sore with pain, but he bared it as he listened to the detective try to tell him he wasn't connecting the dots.

He was getting desperate, he had to get through to this guy. "Okay listen, I have been attacked and some people are trying to steal from me things they don't think I should have. All my belongings have been taken and I have no money or any connection to people I knew and now I'm stuck in this hospital." he paused and sighed. "These are dangerous people and if they go to Boston heights more people will get hurt I swear please believe me!"
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Morose
Raw
Avatar of Morose

Morose Tic Tac

Member Seen 38 min ago



Cecily Ashworth

Location: La Hacienda - Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico


Cecily was a bit surprised at Caesar's shift in conversation, though she supposed it was to be expected. It was likely easier to focus on the tangible problem of the wasp's nest that they had stirred up, rather than the murder of his daughter. And while this entire situation terrified her and it wasn't how she imagined spending her week, she also didn't regret it. There was relatively little that could be done for the dead, but truth and justice would help the living. Those grieving would ideally find some comfort and those responsible would be punished for their actions. A desire to know the truth was what drove her to forensics - and it was what brought her to Mexico, ultimately, as well.

"Dr. Chang?" Cecily said, thinking about it for a moment. She wasn't too familiar with hospital staff, but in this situation, she did recognize the name. Natasha had been brought over to assist at the morgue because of Dr. Chang. She then frowned sharply for a moment. While she couldn't be certain, she thought that Dr. Chang was on the scene at Riley's car accident. "She's Natasha's boss - the one that brought Natasha in to help at the morgue. She works at the hospital and...I can't be sure, but I think she was on scene when Riley had her car accident."

A chill went down her spine. If Caesar was asking about Dr. Chang, then it meant he had suspicions about her, no? And if a member of hospital staff was looking shady...Could she have been the one that killed Wallace? Someone had to set that up. Her eyes widened a bit as the idea lodged itself firmly in her head. "...Do you think she was the one who killed Wallace, the last coroner? He was murdered in the hospital."

Iris Kingston

Location: Justice Asylum


Iris smiled as she spotted the translator. Unaware of any additional qualifications that she may or may not have had, she decided that it would likely be best to prepare her. Jaina was one of their more unstable patients in an area that was designated as a halfway home. She'd likely be translated to a more secure ward at some point, but for now, Iris felt it was her job to attempt to get through to her. The main obstacle was the Russian.

"Merci beaucoup," Iris said. "Before we go in there...This patient has a decorated psychiatric profile. She may try to attack you, but the restraints should prevent that. She doesn't understand the consequences of her actions, so there's little point in getting cross with her," Iris explained. Despite her initial greeting in French, her accent was clearly British, and even more specifically, from the midlands of England.

"If you are ready, we can enter now," Iris then added. She wanted to give the translator a moment to prepare herself, if needed. Most people had never been to an asylum before and it could be a jarring experience - especially when meeting a murderer for the first time.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Lady Amalthea
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea 🦄 / The Elder GM

Member Seen 1 hr ago




Date: Monday May 22nd, 2017




Diamond District: Wayne kept talking, rambling gurl this and oh my god that. He would go on and on about anything that caught his attention. He was like a kid trying to tell a story to their parents, his mouth running a hundred miles an hour and really saying nothing. It didn't help that everything got his attention so he would tangent off on subjects while he worked only to jump back over to what he was originally saying. While he might have been a master when it came to hair it was obvious he was one of those hair dressers that spoke to hear their own voices, not to actually have a conversation with their client.

Every so often Zoie would look over towards Mail and mouth an I'm sorry to her. Thankfully Wayne seemed to work nearly as quickly as he spoke. He trimmed Mali's hair, making sure not to take off too much, giving her a nice gloss and adding some product to her hair before he started to dry the hair itself. It might have been a blessing that while the hair dryer was going it nearly drowned out the sound of his voice. Not that it mattered if anyone missed part of the conversation while he spoke. He wasn't looking for a respond. He seemed to smile and raise a brow enough to let Mali know when he nod if she wanted.

"Oh gurl, now that is nice," he said as he turned off the dryer. The hair was good, it wasn't styled yet but it did look better than when she came in. Split ends were gone, there was a healthy shine to the hair shaft, it was bouncy and light, looking full and thick. "Now to get onto actually styling it but that'll have to wait until the whole rest of the day. Hair and makeup last!"

Police Department: Station 54: Roy looked at Riley and let out a sigh of relief. "Hold on fruitloop," he said before covering the receiver of the phone with the palm of his hand and pulling it away from his ear. "You know him? Good, you talk to him. Maybe you can figure out what he is getting at and then fill me in because right now I am half a stones throw away from calling the asylum to lock him up," he said quickly.

Taking his hand away from the receiver he finally spoke to Felix again. "Okay, hold on, going to transfer you to someone that might actually be able to help you," he said before shoving the phone over to Riley and letting go of it. Holding his hands up in the air as if he was giving up before spinning around in his chair and standing up. "Going to grab us some coffee real fast," he said as he slid the notepad and pen over to her and walking down the hallway to the vending machines.

"Fucking hell... New partner, crazed man. I'm too old for this shit..." he muttered to himself as he reached into his pocket to fetch for some loose change.

Justice Asylum: Risa looked over towards Iris and nodded. "No need to worry, I have been working around and translating for top officials in the U.N. for quite some time. If they don't classify as a threat and psychotic then I don't know who does," she said, trying to lighten the mood just a bit.

Looking in the window she scanned the room as best she could before looking back towards Iris. "The administrator told me that you needed a Russian translator? I will do my best. Been a little since I have had to deal with the harsh tones but I should be able to keep up. It's harder than French or Spanish but far easier than Mandarin and Arabic." Risa didn't doubt her skills as a linguist, it was what she did. Taking a breath she motioned towards the door. "Perhaps you should enter first ad introduce me. Give the girl a minute to know who I am instead of just me going in and suddenly speaking to her."
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Seen 32 min ago

Riley Ridgeway


Location: Police Department Station 54





Riley nodded towards Roy, she did knew Felix though not that much but she knew him to be a good guy at least in her eyes. "Yeah we met yesterday at my apartment when Marc swung by to visit." Riley answered, then Roy handed her over the phone it did seem that he had already given up on trying to make sense on whatever Felix was saying on the other end. "Take your time." Riley said as Roy turned and got up, making his way towards a vending machine. Riley then reached over for the pen and not pad, looking around for a moment until she decided to speak again.

"Hey Felix, how are you it's Riley remember we met yesterday?" Riley asked as she leaned forward as she was about to get ready to write down whatever it was the information that Felix had. "How are you? I was going to visit you today but something came up yesterday and needed to stay away from the apartment." She wasn't really sure if she did want to bring up the whole encounter with the hitman shortly after leaving the hospital after he had lost his eye or not.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Dragoknighte
Raw
Avatar of Dragoknighte

Dragoknighte

Member Seen 9 hrs ago



Location: Diamond District



Early on Mali stopped really listening to anything Wayne was saying. It would be one thing if he were going somewhere with all these stories, but it rapidly became apparent that there was no end goal, just hopping around from one topic to the next. It was like he was trying to avoid any form of silence from existing in his life. Maybe this was some sign of deeper psychological issues, she mused as she idly reacted to Wayne as if she was paying attention to him.

Maybe he has a lot of existentialist fears, and they start to creep into the corners of his mind when he's not occupied with something else. Or perhaps it's not even that well articulated; cosmic dread could just spill from the bottom of his gut without enough ambient noise to drown it out. Or he could just really like the sound of his own voice. Mali stopped her musing to take in the magic he had managed to work in such a short amount of time.

"I'd ask you how you got so good with your hands, but an explanation would just ruin some of the magic. We're doing the actual styling last? Then how about we move on to the massage next, Zoie?" Mali looked away from the mirror back towards her "partner" for an affirmation or rejection to the idea. If she had known that the styling of her hair would be the last thing done at the spa, she probably would have put that at the end rather than the first item on the list. Hindsight is 20/20.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Caesar Gonzalez


Location: La Hacienda



"Yeah." replied Caesar, the single syllable both grim and distant. "Natasha's boss." He gave it a moment to sink in. "She's in the Roller Derby team. We know from M'hija that not everyone in Juno wants to keep the blood flowing. But most of them do. And if anyone's going to kill someone in a hospital..." Caesar shook his head. "Look, I don't know. I had our people back in Justice run a background on Natasha. Dr. Chang was the one who brought her to Justice. Now you tell me that Chang assigned her to you in the morgue. The Big Guy sent me her picture. I can't say anything for sure, Cecily. Natasha has been good to you, and helpful to me. Not to mention doing all this while sick. If she's caught in something, she might need help. If she isn't, all we're surrounded by pissed off Familia, and most of us packing heat."

Objectively, he wondered, how one might broach the subject, were one attempting to be polite about it. It's not like they could wander up, whistling, hands in pockets and nonchalantly inquire as to her status about being in, and/or under the thumb of, a global organization of conspiratorial women of power and influence, bent on nefariousness worldwide. Lucky for him, Caesar was rarely accused of being polite. But some subtlety was required. "Do you know where she is now?" he inquired. Malice was not in his voice, though it was not without a touch of concern.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Seen 14 hrs ago

Priya Khurana


Location: Road -> Police Station 54





Priya did some hard thinking. She had to talk to her partner. She didn't want to step on any unnecessary toes. Her partner probably hated her already, just because she was assigned to him. She parked in front of the station when her phone rang.

She checked the ID. It was her father. She sighed when she remembered she hadn't actually checked in back home when she got here. She prepared to face the wrath when she answered "Hello Babi"

"Don't hello Babi me. Your mother was hysterical, believing you didn't get there safely. She's been bothering me, so now I am bothering you." She heard the shuffle of the phone being taken when her mother's voice came on "Priya! Why did you not call? Hours we've been worried." Priya held back in the swear she wanted to utter. "I'm sorry, Mami, I got caught up with work. But I got here safely and am already on the job. In fact, I should be getting off, I got lots more to do. But when I get fully settled, why don't you both come up to visit? Ok, love you!" She hung up before any more words or guilt trips could be given. Her mom should be locked up for her guilt trips alone.

She had to give them a pass. Even years afterward, they were still reeling from her sister's death. They only wanted to protect her. Priya put her phone away and got out as she made her way into the precinct.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Morose
Raw
Avatar of Morose

Morose Tic Tac

Member Seen 38 min ago



Cecily Ashworth

Location: La Hacienda - Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico


Cecily nodded at Caesar's line of reasoning. They did need to know if Natasha was involved - but was this one of those situations where Natasha's life would be placed in jeopardy if she knew? But if that was the case, Cecily reasoned, then the very fact that Natasha went with them to Mexico was damning enough. She had gotten involved in something she didn't ask for - she deserved to know, at the very least. And if Natasha really was part of the organization already...

"She went outside for some air, I think," Cecily answered, not wanting to finish her thought. She didn't want to doubt Natasha. As much as she was a pessimist, Cecily couldn't deny that Natasha had helped her. She didn't want to believe that Natasha's aid had ulterior motives. While the odds seemed pretty high that Natasha was involved already, Cecily wanted desperately to have those suspicions proven wrong.

Iris Kingston

Location: Justice Asylum


Iris nodded. She wasn't a linguist, but she was bilingual. To her, French was going to be easier than just about any other language - aside from English. With English and French, it varied each day as to which one she was more comfortable speaking in. Her father spoke French to her and her mother spoke English. When she was first learning to speak, she'd often mix the two languages together, creating an odd tapestry of the two.

However, she wasn't sure if introducing the translator before hand would actually do much good. "She is fairly far gone, but I don't suppose an introduction can hurt."

Previously...

Jaina let out a yawn, attempting to stretch despite the restrains. As an ex-acrobat, she preferred to keep her body feeling loose at all times. It was natural and allowed her to keep up her flexibility. Craning her neck, she attempted to see if there was any indication that the doctor would be back in the room. She frowned sharply, finding none. How was she supposed to feel happy if she didn't have anyone to play with?

"И для моего следующего трюка я убегу от своих узы! Я посвящаю этот трюк своему болельщику. Где он? Встаньте и дайте волну!" Jaina held still for a few seconds, before laughing manically. "Now remember folks, please do try this one at home..." Escaping from restrains - or really, escaping in general - was one of her specialties. Jaina tensed all of her muscles and attempted to break the restraints, or at least, to see how much slack she had to work with.

"Luck was a lady tonight~!" Jaina squealed in astonishment. The restraints broke easily. With the restraints broken, she managed to wiggle her way out of the mess, letting the relevant pieces fall to the floor. She then picked up the container of strawberries and pried it open, popping a good three or four in her mouth at once. Her cheeks inflated like a chipmunk's and she nearly choked, but managed to swallow the strawberries one at a time.

Now, some might have attempted to appear as if none of the restraints were broken and fool the psychiatrist into thinking everything was fine. It was a logical plan, one that would likely allow the desired escape. But for Jaina, this wasn't about logic. This wasn't about revenge or any of those dark emotions. This was about people in the way of her and her happiness. Playing with the doctors made her happy. Doing whatever she wanted made her happy.

And so, Jaina stood right in front of the door, eating strawberries, while she waited for Iris (or an orderly, maybe!) to enter the room. If it didn't happen in the next few minutes, she'd likely just try the door and walk on out of the hospital.

Presently...

"I will knock twice on the door to let you know that she is ready," Iris told Risa. She figured it would allow the translator even a little more time to prepare herself mentally. Working with politicians or not, Jaina was truly and deeply mad. Smiling at the translator, Iris slipped inside the isolated room, letting the door shut softly behind her.

"Jaina, there's -- "

BANG.

Iris' skull was slammed against the door by the acrobat. She didn't feel the first blow as much as she heard it, her mind trying to comprehend the sight in front of her. Some strawberry juices ran down the corners of Jaina's mouth, looking suspiciously like blood. Coughing a bit, Iris tried to throw her hands out to push Jaina away, only for the acrobat to slam the psychiatrist's skull against the door once more.

BANG. BANG.

Her vision was a little blurry and Jaina was giggling now. It was like a game of cat and mouse, with Iris hardly able to catch her breath as her head was slammed repeatedly. If she had been able to form a coherent sentence, she would have told the woman to stop - that she didn't have to do this. It didn't occur to the psychiatrist that her last words may very well have been to the woman on the other side of the door.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Scallop
Raw
Avatar of Scallop

Scallop

Member Seen 3 mos ago

Felix Hausten

Location: Justice Memorial Hospital


Fruitloop? What the hell. Felix winced not only in the pain from the surgery but also from the realisation of just how much of an unhinged psychopath he was. It probably sounded like he had just popped a whole bowl full of pills and was now blabbing on about conspiracies. But maybe there was hope? maybe he was being transferred to someone who knew about all the mysterious murders and goings on that could maybe even help him connect the dots.

Then a familiar voice rang into the phone and hit him like a ton of bricks that took him off balance. He shook his head physically which actually hurt him more than it should have. He gasped between clenched teeth from the pain before letting out a bashful laugh and just looking down at his lap.

"Jesus, Riley yeah I remember you. What the hell are you doing at the police station?" he let out another light hearted chuckle and got back to business. "I-I am not doing the best right now Riley, there's something off here I swear.
All of my belongings are gone. There's been sudden outbursts and all of the staff here are acting odd... I think there's something going on. Plus my room is vulnerable right now and I swear there's going to be people going there to steal what i have there"

Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Lady Amalthea
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea 🦄 / The Elder GM

Member Seen 1 hr ago




Date: Monday May 22nd, 2017




La Hacienda: Natasha and Maria are still out in the garden just talking casually. Maria seems to be reminiscing on how Alicia was when she was growing up and all the trouble she got into between asking Natasha questions about the time she spent in India.

Diamond District: "After the last week, I am so for that," Zoie said as the cover was taken off her by her stylist and she slipped out of her chair. Walking over towards Mali as Wayne cleared away the drape from around Mali's neck and over her chest he lowered the chair back to its normal place.

"Well then darlins what will it be? deep tissue, shiatsu, hot stone, reflexology, Thai, or Swedish massage?" Wayne asked as he spun the chair around for Mali so she could stand up.

"Swedish for me and anything this lovely woman wishes for herself," Zoie said with a wink as she reached up and tucked a piece of hair back behind Mali's left ear. "Glad he didn't change the color, it works great for your skin and eyes," she said before turning on her heels and giving a slight wave as she made her way to get her massage.

"So what'll it be hun?" Wayne asked as he snapped his fingers and an assistant came over to the two of them.

Police Department: Station 54: Roy watched as the coffee filled a cup and took it out of the dispenser before popping a few more coins into place and repeating the process. He had no idea how Riley took her coffee or even if she drank coffee so he went for the default for her: Regular (1 cream, 2 sugars). His was black as per normal. He just wanted the caffeine at this point. Turning his head slightly he cocked a brow as he spotted someone he wasn't used to seeing on this floor, much less the precinct. It was his new partner Priya, but it wasn't like he had any idea about that. Grabbing the other cup of coffee from the dispenser he hustled over towards the woman. "Hey, you lost?" he asked as he came up to her.

Justice Asylum: Risa nodded slightly as she stood there. "Of course," she said and stepped aside so that Iris could go and prepare the patient for her coming in and doing the translating. The door shut and it wasn't long after that when Risa heard a knock. It was only one but it was a hell of a pound. Turning quickly she looked through the window on the door and her eyes widened as she spotted Jaina slamming Iris' head against the door. "That's two," she told herself as she dropped her bag and flung the door open.

The woman moved quickly. "Разве вы не знаете, что плохо попасть в доктора," she grunted as she came in and ducked down. One arm wrapped under a leg, the other struck the side of one of Jaina's knee caps effectively dislocating it. It was enough to send to the woman onto her back and away from the doctor. Risa stayed low and put herself between Jaina and the doctor as well as the door as she eyed her. "Продолжайте, и я сломаю другой."
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Seen 14 hrs ago

Priya Khurana


Location: Police Station 54





Priya expected to go right to her desk and get started. She was eager to see the tape. However, before she could take more than a couple of steps, she was stopped by who she assumed was a detective. She didn't recognize him from her initial rounds, so maybe he was a later shift? Or was back from a case?

Still, it was kind of cute that he assumed she was some random civilian. She had to work on her air of authority, it seemed. To give off the sense she belonged here. She gave him a smile before she took out her badge "Detective Priya Khurana. Newly appointed here. Thanks all the same, but I'd like to head to my station and get to work. Got some evidence to go through." She'd pat him on the shoulder before stepping around to head to her desk.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Dragoknighte
Raw
Avatar of Dragoknighte

Dragoknighte

Member Seen 9 hrs ago



Location: Diamond District



Mali turned around and watched Zoie walk away for a good, hard second as that confusing package of emotions that cropped up last night made itself known again. People used the term butterflies in one's stomach to describe infatuation; it would have been much easier to deal with that. She felt something in the pit of her stomach, as if some ghostly hand had reached inside her abdomen and clutched her innards into a tight fist before giving it a twist for good measure. It was going to be really hard to work if this pattern kept up. She was supposed to be dealing with a conspiracy, not wrestling her emotions in check every few hours.

Mali turned back to Wayne and thought over her options, with the distraction that was Zoie only barging in uninvited a few times. There were two immediate options that sprang to the front of the line. A deep tissue massage would probably do her the best, but a thai massage sounded interesting. She had never heard of it, and she was half Thai herself. Sort of. It could be neat getting a bit of experience with a facet of her culture that she was unfamiliar with.

"Eh... I'll go for the deep tissue massage," she said as she stood from the chair and dusted off any bits of hair that weren't caught by the drape from the robe.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Seen 32 min ago

Riley Ridgeway


Location: Police Department Station 54





Riley leaned forward in the seat as she started to listen to Felix on the other end of the line. "Certainly not under arrest for drug possession or murder or anything." Riley said trying to lighten the mood up a little bit. "But in all seriousness long story short shortly after you went into the ER I decided to call an Uber and take me back home. A guy that was suppose to be my driver was there. But he tried to kill me, luckily Detective Roy was there and well been with him since last night." Riley said quietly over the phone, eyeing the other officers for a moment before taking down a few notes.

"Listen I believe you some shits going on, i'll try and see if I can get Roy to take me to Justice Memorial so just try and stay relaxed okay?" Riley asked as she tried to look around for Roy. "What kind of things have the staff been doing and what makes you think that they are after you?"
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Caesar Gonzalez


Location: La Hacienda



Caesar really hoped that the phrasing that Cecily used was metaphorical. They were standing in an ooen courtyard, the sky visible anove them and a light breeze running through the archway from the main area outside. The old man looked at her oddly for a second, then realized that she probably was being a touch creative with her verbiage, but not by much. There were an increasing number of people coming in to pay their respects. Thought it was still not remotely the number of people that this courtyard could comfortably hold; for someone who wasn't fully healthy and had just finished a lengthy plane ride, it might start to press in a bit. Caesar's suspicions remained, but they were tempered with understanding.

"Cecily, please stay here. Hang out with Angel and the Luchadors, or something. See? There she is, with El Sasquatcho. They will make sure you're ok. I need to find something out before we go any further."

With that, he turned and walked toward the main exit. If Natasha were trying to get someplace more open, that might be a fine place to start. He was disappointed to see that he was incorrect. Well, there were other spots to get away from people in open air. Caesar returned to the interior courtyard and made his way toward the back, through the main rooms, and out to the garden and recreational areas.

He might have felt like an intruder, walking up on a conversation to which he was uninvited. He even did, but just the slightest bit. "Maria, por favor, would you please see to Liam? I need to have a conversation with Dr. Brinne." Caesar could already feel the resentment building about him breaking up a good talk in progress, so he quickly added a serious, "Please, Maria."
1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Natsu
Raw
Avatar of Natsu

Natsu

Member Seen 1 day ago



Bartholomew Rosecliff

Time: 10:37 AM



A black, fluffy creature pawed at a sound asleep Bartholomew's face, giving a light "meow", causing the boy's eyes to slowly creek open. "Ughhhh." He sleepily moaned, lazily lifting his hand and resting it on the cat, Lucky's, head. "What time is it?" He murmured, reaching to the side of his head with his other hand, and grabbing for his phone to check the time. 10:37, as it turned out. "Alright alright buddy, I'll get up." He conceded, stretching a bit, and causing Lucky, who was previously finding himself comfortable sitting on Bart's lap, to tumble over onto the side of the bed. Freeing himself from the tight wrapping of sheets he was cocooned in, he went over to his dresser, and grabbed for a T-shirt that was lightly too big for him, and a pair of jeans. He looked back at his cat, and exhaled, "We gotta head out and get you to the vet today Lucky, I gotta shower first, but right after that yeah?" The cat sprawled back on the bed, and Bart made his way over to the bathroom.

His room was about as sparse as could be, he had a desktop quietly sitting powered off in the corner, and light easily streaming into the room through moth-eaten curtains. The walls were covered in a cracked and peeling dull orange paint, with his bed sitting on the wall opposite the door. The last things of note were his dresser sitting next to his door, and the bathroom door directly opposite that. Soon, Bart had made his way in there, his refection showing in the cracked mirror above the sink. His hair was as messed up as usual, with his emerald green eyes staring back at him. A small smile broke on his face, sure, the apartment was crap, but there he was. He'd made it, independent, with a bright future, and most importantly, his own cat. He closed the door behind him, stripped down out of his pajama's, and hopped in the shower.

The water was lukewarm at best, but never cold. "I wonder what's wrong with the heater...?" He thought to himself, leaning against the wall of the shower. He didn't know too much about how water heaters worked, but this was where he could make some educated guesses. "Well, this is a pretty old building, so the system can't be that sophisticated." He reasoned, soaking his hair down, "Something's probably heating water in a tank up to a preset temperature, and then keeping it there." He lathered up a bit of soap and began to shave, "That's how I'd do it anyway, so the landlord's either set the temperature terribly low, or whatever's heating it has gone bad. I'll have to look into how these things work later, if it's the latter, I could fix it myself." He planned, making that mental note as he washed his hair and body. He liked to play these kinds of games with himself when he woke up, it helped get his mind going. Figuring out puzzles just from what he could reason on the spot was surprisingly fun. Soon, he turned off the water, and reached for his towel and began to dry himself.

Soon he was dressed, and opened the door to find Lucky patiently waiting for him. Bart shot him a smile and stepped past him. "Alright, I'd like some food before we our appointment then." He said, reaching for his bag. He didn't have a cat carrier yet, it was on his list, but he hadn't had the time to get out and get one. Their appointment was at one, and it was pretty close to 11:30 now, so he figured he'd have more than enough time to grab a bite. He unzipped his bag, took out his laptop, and motioned for Lucky to get in. The bag was just big enough where his head would be poking out. Lucky gave him a look as if to say, "Really?" But reluctantly climbed in. Bart zipped up the bag, giving Lucky's head plenty of wiggle room, slipped on his shoes, and was quickly out the door.

Bart entered the address of the veterinary clinic into his phone, and set it to find places to eat along the way. Club Afterdark popped up on his phone, and it was the closest place on route, so he settled on checking them out. He'd only been to eat on the other side of the city, so getting to know people in his neighborhood would surely be nice. As he walked, he gave period looks behind him at Lucky, who bobbed in his bag, and looked mildly annoyed at the whole situation. "Sorry sorry." He said with an apologetic smile, "I promise this won't be a typical thing buddy." Soon though, he was in front of the Club, and stepped inside.
1x Like Like
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Morose
Raw
Avatar of Morose

Morose Tic Tac

Member Seen 38 min ago



Cecily Ashworth

Location: La Hacienda - Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico


Cecily saw the confusion in Caesar's face, yet she couldn't understand exactly why. To her, her words had been clear - Natasha had been inside the courtyard, it was too stuffy for her, so she went outside of the courtyard. But of course, one's own speech tends to make more sense to oneself than to others. Something that she said could be perfectly clear in her own mind, yet metaphorical to others. Hell, there could be other equally ridiculous options to convey the same idea.

"...Okay. Yeah. I'll...I'll stay here then," Cecily replied, her eyebrows furrowed with concern. This wasn't boding well for Natasha. What if she had gone outside to make a report on their location, that way Queensguard could send in their death squads? A few days ago, she would have doubted that they had elite task forces on call, ready to kill and slaughter but now...Now, she'd be a little bit let down if they didn't. They seemed to be the type of organization that bought cats for its highest officials, that way they could pet them menacingly during meetings.

She watched Caesar slip away, before glancing over towards Thalia and the Luchadors. She didn't really feel right to go and interrupt their grieving process. She was fine, anyways. The bullet hadn't killed her and Natasha seemed to be satisfied with her recovery. She'd live to binge watch another show. Instead of going towards Thalia, then, Cecily awkwardly made her way through the crowd, attempting to look purposeful enough that no one would stop her to talk yet also not so quick as to stand out. She wanted the perfect medium that would let her fade into the background.

Iris Kingston

Location: Justice Asylum


Iris gasped for breath, holding her hand up in the okay sign for Natasha. Her head was pounding and she rubbed at it, still processing what had happened. She had always known that a patient would attempt to attack her - but she had also always imagined that she would be able to handle herself. Had the translator from the UN not been there, she easily could have been dead, just like the orderly the day before. For the first time in her career, Iris felt wary about a patient.

"Merci beaucoup. Ce n'est pas grave je pense mais...Merci," Iris said. She didn't even realize she had slipped into French. She kept one hand on the back of her head, keeping pressure on it. It was the only thing helping with the pain at this point.

Jaina hit the ground with what appeared to be a mixture of a scream and giggling. Or perhaps it was really high intensity giggling. It wasn't quite clear what was the case. The demented acrobat stayed down, her ringlets lying about in a mess, covering her eyes. There was a broad grin on her face, big enough to give the Cheshire Cat a run for his money. If one thing was certain, this was all a game to Jaina. None of this was to be taken seriously - hell, nothing ever was. It was all about what made her feel happy - living life to the fullest as only a psychopath could.

"Цирк отправил вас?" Jaina asked. "Вы достаточно сильны для ... Что вы? Врач? Костюм-леди?"

2x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Lady Amalthea
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea 🦄 / The Elder GM

Member Seen 1 hr ago




Date: Monday May 22nd, 2017




La Hacienda: Maria looked over towards Caesar and groaned a bit. It was more than obvious that she actually enjoying the conversation she was having with the doctor who was sitting on the bench. Natasha on the other hand rose a brow to why Caesar would want to be talking with her. Was Cecily alright? Maria though nodded as she picked up Liam from the blanket on the ground and brought him to her shoulder. "He could use a change and I need to place a call for that prescription," she said before looking over towards Natasha. "Don't let him push you around," she said with half a smirk on her face before brushing passed her ex-husband and waltzing back into the house.

Natasha nodded slightly as she sat there. Waiting for Maria to leave before she said anything. "Sorry for ducking out of funeral but needed some air. Then Maria wanted me to have a look at Liam. He's got the start of a respiratory infection. Nothing serious but to be safe prescribed him some antibiotics," she explained before coughing slightly as she covered her mouth. Opening her purse she had to shuffle through the numerous medications she had for her recovery before she found her pack of disposable Kleenex. Pulling one out she hid her face as she spat out what she had coughed up.

"Sorry again," she said as she wiped her mouth and balled up the tissue in her hand before she turned back to Caesar. "Everything okay? Does Cecily need me?" she asked with a concerned expression on her features.

Diamond District: "Sounds perfect for you!" Wayne exclaimed as he turned to his assistant and took the tablet she had brought over. Making a few notes he instructed her to take Mali over to one of the massage rooms and call for Helga. "She is the best, a little strong on the hands but it's worth it doll. Just follow Genny down the hall and get undressed in the room. There will be a sheet on the table for you to get under until she comes in," Wayne explained before excusing himself in a rather colorful manner, going on about duties to do and such before she was finished so he was ready to take care of her when she was done.

"This way Ma'am," Genny said as she motioned back towards where Zoie had walked off. "Any particular scents you would like in the oils? Candle scents you prefer or don't like?" she asked as they walked, wanting to get the room set up for Mali just as she wanted it.

Police Department: Station 54: "Goddammit," Roy muttered under his breath as Priya walked away from him. Taking a quick sip of his coffee he steeled himself. He was hoping to avoid his new partner a bit longer but it looked like that wasn't fucking happening. Wait she had evidence to review? Son of a bitch. What had she found out?

Rushing over to her he came up to her side. "Well shit, my bad. I'm Gregory, you new ball and chain," he said in an annoyed voice as he walked next to her. Her desk was right across from his and he eyed Riley as they headed over that way. "What evidence is that?" he asked as he set down the other cup of coffee in front of Riley as he continued her phone call.

Justice Asylum: "De rien," Risa said without thinking as she kept her eyes on Jaina. "Tenez-vous tranquille jusqu'à ce que nous puissions obtenir cela regardé," she added.

Risa didn't let her eyes leave Jaina. It was no wonder she was locked up in an insane asylum. The woman had just attacked the doctor, taking a hit, had her knee dislocated and she was acting as if it was just good old fun time. There was no way she was underestimating this woman. She smirked slightly, two could play at this game. "Врачи не продержались долго в моей работе," she said as she crouched down slightly and gave her a wink. "я убийца."

Club Afterdark: Outside of the club there was still evidence of the mass shooting that took out so many earlier. Blood stained the concrete and chalk outlines were still visible. Inside the place was pretty quiet. The usual bartender was there cleaning glasses. Scott was a tall ebony colored man who seemed to dress for comfort instead to impress anyone. There were a handful of patrons sitting at the bar and dotting the tables and booths. No band was playing yet so the usual 70's style punk music was being pumped over the sound system. In a corner booth was an older woman. Her skin tone was coffee with just the right amount of cream. Her hair looked like something out of a 80's music video. Hair, bleached blonde. She was older, probably in her sixties. She dressed in a starched button down white dress shirt with fitted jeans and seven inch spike heels. A pair of reading glasses rested on the tip of her nose as she kept looking over papers. Her eyes darted over towards the door as Bart entered, giving him a moments attention before going back to her paper work.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Seen 14 hrs ago

Priya Khurana


Location: Police Station 54





Priya made her way over to her desk and set her things down. She eyed the woman sitting at the desk near hers. They weren't here before. She turned when she heard footsteps approach and saw the same guy that questioned her when she walked in. She stifled a laugh when he revealed who he was. Well, at least that was one task down, she found her partner, and he was just about what she pictured.

She turned to face him when he questioned what she had. "I stopped by the FBI and picked up a few things. Don't feel too comfortable talking about it in front of civilians. She a friend of yours?" She referred to the woman who was talking on the phone. She was prepared to bring Roy up to speed, but not in front of irrelevant parties.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Natsu
Raw
Avatar of Natsu

Natsu

Member Seen 1 day ago



Bartholomew Rosecliff


Bart had made mental notes of the bloodstained sidewalk and chalk on the ground. Clearly, some kind of tragedy had recently befallen either the club, or at least people who happened to be walking by. He frowned a bit as he made his way over to the bar, Lucky ducking into the bag as they went. Bart sat down when he got there and waited for the bartender, taking this time to reflect and think over what he'd seen. He stared down at the bar, as he ran through what could have happened. There were more outlines than he could count, which meant some kind of shooting was most likely. He'd thought he'd maybe seen a headline concerning that a few days ago, but he never read more into it, being busy with getting his affairs in order after the move. This didn't sit well with him at all, he had known that this wasn't the safest place in the world, but he wasn't expecting something like this so quickly. He exhaled, shaking his head, before standing up and deciding he needed to find out more about this now that it was on his mind.

He took a quick look around the club, thinking he might ask the poll the patrons for information. His gaze settled on an elderly woman in the back, and decided that she would be the best place to start. He was pretty good at speaking to older people, and he was sure that as long as he was polite, he'd have nothing to lose. He approached the booth carefully, and announced his presence with a quiet "Ahem." He waved down at her and said, "Pardon Me miss, I-I hate to interrupt, I just wanted to know if you knew anything about the... mess outside." He asked, not quite wanting to call it what it was, a crime scene. " I uh, I'm new in town, and I just need to know what in the world had happened." It was at this point, Lucky peeked his head back out curiously, disturbed from Bart sitting down and getting back up again.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Dragoknighte
Raw
Avatar of Dragoknighte

Dragoknighte

Member Seen 9 hrs ago



Location: Diamond District




Mali had a feeling he would have replied the same way no matter what answer she gave him. But even if that feeling were true, she had no idea whether that would indicate him faking enthusiasm. Everything she had seen about him seemed excited for everything under the sun. As Mali followed Genny down the hall, she couldn't help but notice that she felt noticeably less energetic than she had before coming into the spa. Maybe Wayne's secret was that he just passively siphoned away everyone else's energy. He had to power that perpetual motion mouth somehow.

"Well, I always hated the smell of roses." How those rotten flowers became known for smelling good was beyond her. Their odious stench always made her stomach lurch when she had to be around them. And on top of all that, they were covered in thorns. What an overrated flower.

"Nothing else springs to mind immediately. Unless you have some weird, experimental scents. I'd like to opt out of those." Part of Mali felt that she could be squandering the gift she'd been given by playing things so safe, but then another part of her remembered that she didn't want to show up to a party smelling like earwax and goat cheese because that happened to be some fad she'd been unaware of. She just had to settle for being largely unhelpful to the nice assistant that had been assigned to her.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet