Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Morose
Raw
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Seen 32 min ago



Cecily Ashworth


Location: Grimm, Indiana (Police Station)
Skills: Deduction

Despite her best efforts with the search, Cecily was coming up empty handed. She kept on trying, using different keywords and the like, but there was nothing she could find. It wasn't too surprising, given that she was using Google and a smartphone - but still, she was a little bit frustrated by it. She would have texted Keystone for help but he hadn't answered her last text, so she wasn't about to bombard him with more. All she really had was what she could think through - Riley had never really mentioned her sister being the violent type, so that she imagined would hold up to be pretty truthful for Chloe. Tinder - he was an FBI agent - so it made sense that he wasn't too easy to find on the internet, it would be dangerous for FBI agents if anyone could find their life story with a google search.

"So that came up with nothing," Cecily told Roy with a grimace. "I even checked to see if I could find things on Chloe and Tinder, since they were recently killed. I figured since we're playing by comic book rules, one of them could have faked their death but Chloe from what I know doesn't match the profile of someone who would do this. Tinder was an FBI agent, but that's as much as I really know about him. And the living star students? There's as much on them as there is information on the title for Avengers 4," she finished her explanation.

"...We probably should move, though," Cecily then added, slipping her phone into her pocket. Once they found Riley, they could ask her which of her classmates had the background to be a killer - or at least skills or motives to do so. But even then, motive could be tricky. Oliver Queen almost destroyed Starling City in Season Three of Arrow and he was supposed to be the hero. She didn't want to admit it to herself, but Riley couldn't be eliminated as a suspect. These were comic book rules. Anyone could have done this.



1x Like Like
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Dragoknighte
Raw
Avatar of Dragoknighte

Dragoknighte

Member Seen 1 day ago

Mali Anson

Location: Road to Grimm (McDonalds)
Skills: Driving



"If I hear any banjos in the distance, I'm turning this car around." Indiana was by no means prime hick territory as far as Mali was concerned, but dealing with those types was out of her depth. High class parties and big city freakshows were one thing, but she had to draw the line somewhere. If she was going to end up horrifically murdered in the near future, she'd make sure that at least it wouldn't be at the hands of Big Bo and Ol' Slim.

Judging by the smell of the fire, it was likely that the surrounding area wasn't ablaze, which was a good and bad thing. The good part being that at the very least, it wasn't likely that she'd have to worry about the fire spreading into a massive inferno that chewed through miles of land and potentially Grimm itself. Probably. The bad news was that left a lot of questions about what exactly was on fire. Somebody's house? A factory? A Sprint store because somebody decided to be a dumbass and use too many multi socket plugs on a single outlet?

And on top of that, why was it on fire? Chances were that it was something that she had no business knowing, but the off chance that it did involve her, or would in the near future felt too large for her liking. But whatever the W's of the situation, the fact of the matter was that she wouldn't really be able to learn more about the fire without getting closer to the site. The two of them had priorities to take care of, and she wasn't about to take a detour exclusively because she was curious and paranoid.


Hidden 1 mo ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Seen 9 hrs ago



Priya Khurana


Location: Grimaldi Manor (Tunnels)
Skills:Investigation



Priya’s thoughts ran to the past and what Riley had been through in her high school days. A girl accused and later found innocent might have a grudge against those who accused her and those who even so much as thought of her as guilty. Could that be who they were looking for? If the Strawberry Quick was any indication, it was possible. That only cemented her in finding out who was down here. She could feel the breeze, so wind was coming in from somewhere and the person couldn’t have passed by them to head back to the manor, so forward was the only option.

Priya searched around her and she stopped briefly when she noticed the wall looked odd. There was an odd indentation. She looked at it closer and saw it was a hole. ”Hey, look at this. There’s a hole here.” She inspected it. Part of her worried about the traps previously mentioned, but this was better than continuing to scour the tunnel for some hope of an end to it. She took out the key she had dug out of the wall before and looked at it in comparison to the hole she now faced.

”I’m going to do something drastic, but potentially extremely awesome. Stand back in case this blows up in my face, literally and figuratively.” With that, she inserted the key into the hole to see what it would do.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Riley Ridgeway


Location: Grimm, Indiana, Tunnel Passage Under Grimm
Skills: N/A





Riley didn't really think Cynthia would be a killer, well maybe she was really mentally unstable and the most recent memory Riley could think of Cynthia was painting a 'pretty picture' by beating someone's face in. Though it was pretty much a bully that Riley really did hate but he ended up dying pretty shortly after that by Chris who was one of his last victims of the murders. Riley then stopped right at the wall looking over towards Pyira when she spoke up, taking a step closer to look at the wall seeing the small indentation in the wall. "Well this is becoming more and more of a weird mystery." Riley said softly, as Pyria put the key thing she had found in the wall and took a few steps back in case it was booby trapped.

"So, think it leads to some kind of treasure?" Riley asked her as she made sure that she was clear from the entrance and crouched down as well. Riley started to also pick up the weird smell that was mixed up with the Strawberry Quick smell. "If it's a body i'm going to run the fucking hell out of here." Riley said, she really did not want to see another dead body anytime soon either, as Riley felt a draft coming from the wall as well looking over at her.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Caesar & Keystone


Location: Road To Grimm I (Indiana, Amish Country)
Skills: N/A
Skills: N/A



To quote the immortal words of David Mustaine, "Hundreds of miles, rolled off today. Roadsigns lose their meaning, minutes tick away." Maybe not hundreds of miles, persay, but when you're staring down the multitudes of square miles of corn and abandoned buildings that just seem to scream "Meth Lab", it begins to get tedious. Massively tedious. The sweet and salty popcorn does wonders to increase morale, such as these two man have morale that can be measured by the yardstick and/or litmus test of the common man. It gets to a point that, despite Keystone's hesitation to put on the musical stylings of his favorite performer (and fellow East Ender) in front of El Jefe, the big guy found his hand inexorably drawn in the direction of his playlist. Resistance growing fainter and fainter with the more rows of corn that they passed, it was only a matter of seconds.

The mixed blessing of a tire blow prevents this from happening. It gave Keystone something else to concentrate upon. A distraction, if you will, from the undeniable pull of Adele Adkins. He would have to come clean eventually about it, as if it was not something made clear by previous actions. But he could suspend his disbelief for a little while longer - at least as long as it would take to flip out a tire. It came standard with the vehicle, as most things did; MSS was not known for sinking a lot of money into extra perks in vehicles unless specifically requested for certain members of their fold, nor did they want to go cheap, either. A spare tire and the means to repair such a circumstance were positively within the realm of probability.

Both men hopped out of the SUV, glad to have the opportunity to stretch their legs for a bit. They ambled to the back of the vehicle, appropriating the spare and giving each other odd looks as if trying to use psychic powers to get the other one to actually change the damned thing. In the end, Keystone relented. He justified his willingness to do so with the explanation of, "Yuh huh there, Boss. You're a crack shot as compared to m'self. I'll do the heavy, you make sure none o' these buggers from Cousinfuck, IN sneaks up on the car, right?" He proceeded to set the jack and begin a'cranking.

Meanwhile, Caesar gave a quiet chuckle and did as asked. He gave the car a once-around, pulled a weapon but kept it hidden. A place in the middle of nowhere (though he did like the way in which Keystone put it, using the compound word "cousinfuck" as the proper name of a place followed by the state in question) with a blown tire is exactly a decent spot for an ambush. Perhaps it was unnecessary overkill, given the mundane nature of the obstacle upon which they tested their mettle, but 'safe' and 'sorry' rarely met in a descriptive without the promise of something quite negative otherwise.

Several minutes later, back on the road, the urge to play music returned.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Lady Amalthea
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea 🦄 / The Elder GM

Member Seen 18 min ago




Date: Monday May 23rd, 2017
*You can call for a roll before you post or you can leave a roll request at the end of your post and your results will be placed in the next update. You are allowed to get a roll during your post and place another at the end of your post.

Chicago, Illinois (Grimaldi Books): Update next round.

Road To Grimm I (Northern Indiana): That tire change took a bit longer than one originally thought. In fact it took a lot longer. They did finally manage to get back on the road. Driving towards Grimm wasn't too bad and with the open road, they could hit the gas. It didn't seem to be any cops around. Though as they got within 10 miles outside of the city limits there was a pillar of smoke coming up from the trees to the east, it was white so whatever had caused the fire was out but it was causing a haze to fall over the landscape. It wasn't exactly the most welcoming of sights.

Grimm, Indiana (Heading Towards The Tinder Place): "Sounds like damn plan to me," Zoie said as the car drove towards Tinders parents place. Justice was one thing but this was something else. She was from a small town, smaller than this, but even in the deep south, nothing felt as creepy as this place. And that was saying something. She had visited the filming site of Children of the Corn when she was younger. That was a Sunday picnic compared to this place. As the car pulled up to Tinder's parents place, there was a sherriff's car parked outside and the front door was slightly ajar on the upper middle class house. Zoie leaned forward a bit. "Well, isn't this just fuckin' peachy..."

Grimm, Indiana (Beneath Grimm): Well, sadly no body fell out as Priya put the item into the wall. It was a key and the wall pushed in slowly and slid to the side. It was something rather amazing. From the way the top of the key looked, that could have been created a hundred years ago or even longer. The key part itself was recent, it had to be within the last few years. As the door opened it revealed something new. It looked to be the belly of the old Asylum, a basement area maybe? A sub basement? Either way, it was lit, but not well, and it stunk. Stagnant air and strawberry quick. Every little movement seemed to echo through the place.

Grimm, Indiana (Police Station): Roy finished checking the small station and there was no body or anyone else in there. The radio was working but only sporadically and poor Cecily wasn't getting anything to come to mind. There just wasn't enough information on the remaining people. Was this a Grimm thing? Or a Justice thing? Or were the two connected and it was a Juno thing? Roy looked over towards Cecily and sighed. "I got nothing, going to try to call that damn sheriff once we get out of the building," he said motioning towards the door. Waiting for Cecily, he slowly worked his way back just in case something or more importantly someone was missed. Outside he sighed. "Get in the car, gonna try to call now," he said before pulling out his phone and making the call. It went straight to voice mail.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by ONL
Raw
Avatar of ONL

ONL The Guild's friendly neighbourhood Norwegian

Member Online



Robert Adler


Location: Chicago (Grimaldi Books: Back Room)
Skills: N/A



Oh this was just getting more and more on Robert's nerves, the attitude of Rapture. Not only was he overly-bragging about his capabilities with a computer and all the technological gizmos it involved, but he had the balls to stand there and shit on Robert. Robert really wanted to step up and give the kid a piece of his mind, but for the moment he kept his mouth shut tight, only audible breaths going in and out of his nostrils as he watched the kid do his work. They needed him still, whether the over-worked insurance agent liked it or not.

Robert too looked in confusion as Rapture packed up his things and began to leave. Already? Robert's confused looked fused back with his annoyed one; Rapture clearly didn't like Robert either. At least they could agree on that. As Adelaide and Robert were left alone, Robert pinched the bridge of his nose with his fingers, glad to finally have the geeky brat out of his hair. For now. Adelaide left the back room, and Robert followed shortly after having muttered to himself. "Fuckin' aye...Who taught him his manners?"

Back out in the store, Robert nodded back to Adelaide as she wanted to grab some things and leave. "Yeah, you and me both. Want me to grab the files from the Vault too? I need a few things from my apartment. Meet down here again in ten minutes?"
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Morose
Raw
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Seen 32 min ago



Cecily Ashworth


Location: Grimm, Indiana (Police Station)
Skills: Deduction

No matter how much she thought, she wasn't going to be able to solve this case in a vacuum. Even as she tried to think on who could have done this, using comic book rules, she wasn't able to come up with it. It could have been a Grim thing, could have been a Justice thing, and it could have been some combination of the two. For a moment, it reminded her slightly of orbital hybridizations but she shoved that thought out of her mind pretty quickly. She gave Roy a nod as he similarly came up empty. Whoever had done this... they were at the very least clean and experienced. It added a little bit to the profile she was coming up with for this killer.

"Alright," she said, getting into the car. She figured it would be a slightly safer place if anyone was going to go and shoot at her. She glanced at her phone, wondering if Keystone was ever going to get back to her last text, but she doubted it. She more of wanted to hear from Riley now anyways. If Riley was here, she was almost certain they would've been able to get to the bottom of all of this. Or maybe if she had had access to a proper crime lab, rather than just sort of wandering around a police station and then hiding in a car. She wondered if the sidekicks of superheroes ever felt like this.


1x Like Like
Hidden 29 days ago Post by Dragoknighte
Raw
Avatar of Dragoknighte

Dragoknighte

Member Seen 1 day ago

Mali Anson

Location: Road to Grimm (McDonalds)
Skills: Perception, Breaking & Entering



"Hey Zoie," Mali said, looking over the scene, "You wouldn't have happened to have brought any weapons on this trip, did you?" She couldn't be sure of it yet, for all she knew, she was just letting her paranoia get the better of her right now and nothing had actually gone wrong. But at the very least she could get confirmation that they had means of defending themselves before going into a potential danger zone. Even something as basic as a couple of knives would at least make her feel more secure. She just hoped her intuition that Zoie decided not to bring anything because Grimm was relatively (compared to Justice) safe and/or that they would actually need something in that house was wrong.

Mali pulled up behind the sheriff's car and parked the rental vehicle. If there was anything that she could say whole heartedly at the moment, it was thank God that they didn't get here late at night like they had originally thought they would. The atmosphere was chilling enough as it was, showing up to a scene like this in the dead of night would have been infinitely worse. Hell, Mali probably would have decided, "fuck it, we'll come back here tomorrow morning. I'm not getting torn apart by some slasher villain now" and just drove past to reroute to a hotel. Alternate timelines aside, they had to deal with this bullshit right now, and she didn't like it one bit.

Hidden 29 days ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Caesar & Keystone


Location: Road To Grimm I (Northern Indiana)
Skills: N/A
Skills: N/A



The position of the sun had changed in the sky, far more than the seemingly misplaced pair of travelers had initially perceived. Apparently, the immense physicality and extensive training of the British Isles import did not translate too horribly well into the great and noble art of tire changing, at least not to the degree that would ever make the man part of a proper Indy Pit Crew. This was mentioned, if exaggerated by Caesar with the snarly comment of, "I'm timing you by sundial and you're still going too slow." Maybe it made sense. But the meaning was clear - move it.

Getting back in the car, Keystone was curious to note that Caesar had climbed into the driver's seat. He looked impatient and surly, or slightly moreso than the usual cut and frame of his attitude. Well, if the old man wanted to drive, so be it. It's not like there was much else to do, and he had been sitting in the passenger's seat for a fairly long time at the mercy of whatever thoughts were plaguing him. He was the brooding and growling type. Keystone knew. He'd been doing that for the past fifty miles or so, and it was getting to be a little creepy. If El Jefe wanted to drive, great. As it turned out, Caesar's impatience translated into a lead foot, hurtling the SUV down a highway blessedly devoid of local law enforcement.

Keystone finally broke down and selected some of his more uplifting tunes, delving into his collection of ...um... Contemporary British Female Vocal R&B/Blue-Eyed Soul genre-ed music. He kept it low at first, but as he became more comfortable with listening to it in front of Caesar, he gradually upped the volume between songs, as if Caesar wouldn't know it. The joke seemed to be on Keystone, as he looked up after a while to notice the grizzled Mexican staring at him from the driver's seat. Perhaps his eyes were better kept on the road, but no, the holes he was boring into Keystone were palpable, and singed around the edges.

It wasn't until Keystone saw something in the distance and pointed that the Caesar let up. The column of white smoke rising from the east definitely stood out. Whatever caused it, it was huge. Natural disaster? Explosion? Building fire? They simply couldn't tell from their current vantage point. But the wisps of smoke and haze it poured over the surrounding area gave it an ominous feel. "Bloody 'ell, Boss. This place looks like Lower Uncton at a distance, eh?"

"Like I know where that is, Keystone. How far out are we?"

"Roundabouts 15 or 16 kilometers, more or less." Despite the insistence of the roadside signs and online directions to use the more American system of miles, the Brit had it in his head to resort to the European standard, if just for that occasion. One of the tiny things he could control in an otherwise uncontrollable situation.

"Good." he said no more in the subject, plowing the vehicle forward while Keystone continued listening to his music.
Hidden 28 days ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Riley Ridgeway


Location: Grimm, Indiana, Tunnel Passage Under Grimm
Skills: N/A





Riley watched as the door started to open up slowly like something out of some really creepy horror movie, as Riley stood up a bit more she started to relax a little bit now. She wasn't expecting to have it actually open before them, as Riley started to cautiously make her way inside of the room once the door was opened. The room itself started to remind her something out of the firs Saw movie, or some other weird slasher kind of movie. Riley made sure that she had her gone out at the ready just in case something or someone did jump out at them as she looked over at Pyira.

"I think this is a subbasement for the Asylum.." Riley said as she picked up the smell of Strawberry Quick and that other foul smell was stronger now as well. "I'm going to try and make a call now." Riley said as she started to dial in Cecily's number first, she hadn't talked or seen her in what felt like forever as well. Which was worrying as well since she hadn't talked to her in such a long time, Riley looked at Pyira and then the rest of the room, she didn't move any further outside of the entrance to the room.

Hidden 28 days ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Seen 9 hrs ago



Priya Khurana


Location: Grimaldi Manor (Tunnels) -> Asylum
Skills:Investigation



Priya kept her mouth shut as Riley made to make her call. After all, it wouldn’t serve either of them well to be without back-up here. However, she felt she was now on the right track. The room she entered, and those following it, had an asylum vibe to it. The abandoned nature only served to add to the creepy element she had been feeling. She entered the room, gun still in hand, as she scanned her surroundings.

She noted that there were leftover hospital items scattered about, but for the most part it all appeared abandoned and left alone. As if the occupants had long been gone. It made sense based on Riley’s account. She wondered what happened here to close it down. And she, more or less, had her answer as she scanned the floor and saw blood. She was thankful it wasn’t fresh, but it appeared splattered from one area. Almost as if someone coughed up blood. Or worse, it looked like it might come from a cut.

Footprints left in the dust suggested movement, along with something being pushed. She followed it closely. ”There’s footprints here leading down the hallway. I have a feeling our target came this way and they were pushing something. Keep an eye out, I have a feeling we are not alone anymore.” She kept her sights forward, ready in case she needed to take action.
Hidden 27 days ago Post by Lady Amalthea
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea 🦄 / The Elder GM

Member Seen 18 min ago




Date: Monday May 23rd, 2017
*You can call for a roll before you post or you can leave a roll request at the end of your post and your results will be placed in the next update. You are allowed to get a roll during your post and place another at the end of your post.

Chicago, Illinois (Grimaldi Books): Adelaide looked over towards Roberts and quirked a brow. "You weren't exactly much better," she said flatly. He hadn't been. Rapture hadn't been friendly but he did provide them with information and seemed to have a lead, which was more than the two of them had done since he started investigating her insurance claim. Robert seemed to fire back to Rapture, throwing gas on a fire. As far as she was concerned they were equally to blame for the tense environment that had been created.

"No, I'll get them, you got get your things, I'll see you back here when you're done and we can go. We'll take my car, I know the roads back home," she said before going towards the front door. "Gonna lock up once you leave, just ring the bell when you get back," she added. Once he was out the door, Adelaide went about closing things up, packing a few items, grabbing the files from downstairs and sending her husband a text that she would be out of town and in Grimm for a while. She didn't tell him that Tinder was dead, the two had been friend, close friends. That wasn't something she was going to break to him while he was in Hawaii with their children. It wasn't a text thing.

Grimm, Indiana (Outskirts): Finally, Keystone and Caesar are in Grimm, Indiana. About fucking time. :P Alright, as with previous descriptions of the town, it has a haze over it, it smells like burning wood and something else. Roads are pretty clear. Small town and people not wanting to be out in this for long. There are a few signs entering town that point out to where Gas Stations, Food, and Lodging can be found - you know your general direction signs you see on highways in the States. Where you go and what you do now is up to you. Information Center is also pointed out in case you need to find somewhere else. Granted, this place is still so behind the times there are actual phone booths as well, who knows, maybe there is a phone book.

Grimm, Indiana (Tinder House): Zoie looked over towards Mali and nodded. "In my suitcase, the one I checked," she admitted. Even if she had dealt with Juno and worked for them, she still would have packed a few guns with her and a knife or two. She was raised in the deep south and her father had taught her to shoot before she could ride a bike. Climbing out of the vehicle she went to the back and opened her suit case, pushing her clothing aside she had two para ordinance pistols and a few hunting knives. It seemed slightly fitting to see these things laying on top of her silk night gown. Rather fitting for Zoie all things considered.

One couldn't tell right off but Mali has a keen eye, the place was broken into. There was the smallest hint of it but right on the door jam was some indenting, which showed where something had wedged between the frame and the door to jimmy it open. Picking up a gun, Zoie put a clip in and checked it before doing the same with the other. Taking one of the knives she slipped it into the loop of her belt. Looking over towards Mali she held out a gun and a knife. "Want both or just one?" she asked.

Grimm, Indiana (Asylum Sub-basement): Riley isn't picking up on much but one thing was going in their favor. Riley's call was going through right now, it was ringing, now whether or not Cecily picked up was another matter. (PM Morose to talk it out.) The call would be static filled though being so low in the sub basement. And things were not exactly quiet now down in the sub-basement of the Asylum. One could hear someone moan and grunt down the hallway a bit. It was coming from a room about twenty yards down the hallway.

Grimm, Indiana (Police Station): Roy sighed as the call went straight to voice mail. This couldn't have been good. Getting into the car, he put his seat belt on and started it up. "Fuck..." he said under his breath. Cecily, thinking on matters would come up with the best place to go was to Tinders but they didn't have an address. If something was going down and Roy couldn't reach him, maybe he was in trouble. With everything that was going on it made sense. There was a phone booth just on the sidewalk in front of the Police Station and it had a black covered phone book hanging in it. This was a small town, there couldn't be a lot of Tinders in the book. And there wasn't. If she went to check it there would only be one. At least now they had a destination if she went with it.

Hidden 26 days ago Post by Morose
Raw
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Seen 32 min ago



Cecily Ashworth


Location: Grimm, Indiana (Police Station)
Skills: Deduction, Marvel Universe Knowledge

Cecily continued to think, drawing on her deductive prowess and knowledge of Marvel villains. She was trying to create some sort of profile, but instead her brain got another thought, especially after it seemed Roy had no luck on the phone. They could always go to the home where Tinder's family had lived, it would give them more information and help them to narrow down the suspect list. Sure, they didn't have an address but she doubted a small town had a lot of Tinders running around, and there was a phone booth nearby.. It would have an address book, right? "Let's try Tinder's place, I'll go see if the phone booth has his address in the book," Cecily suggested.

Getting out of the car, Cecily walked on over to the phone booth and went inside. She started flipping through the phone booth, finding the address for the only Tinder in there and she texted it to Roy. She figured that would be the easiest way for her to just not forget it. A few seconds after she pressed send, her phone started to ring - Riley was calling. "Riley? Hello?" Cecily answered. She left the phone booth, holding the phone to her ear as she got back into the car and turned to Roy, mouthing it's Riley to him. She was a bit anxious to hear Riley's voice, really hoping this wouldn't be one of those calls where all she'd be able to hear was breathing on the other end. It felt like a lifetime since she had talked to her roommate and potential love interest. "Are you okay?" she added quickly.
Hidden 26 days ago Post by ONL
Raw
Avatar of ONL

ONL The Guild's friendly neighbourhood Norwegian

Member Online



Robert Adler


Location: Chicago (Grimaldi Books: Back Room -> Robert's apartment)
Skills: N/A



Robert looked back at Adelaide as she had heard him, giving him her piece of mind. Perhaps she was right, Robert thought. He sighed and looked down at his own two feet, walking over to the front door where Adelaide was going to let him out and lock. Yeah, he probably hadn't been any more polite or helpful himself, no matter how much he was going to deny it out in public. The kid knew his way around computers, and it was Rapture who'd connected the burglary to an infamous hacker, not Robert. What had Robert and his sorry, old arse of an long-due pencil pusher gotten done? Besides putting out some theories and reading some old files, not a whole lot.

"Okay, sure. See you soon." Robert said back to Adelaide in a defeated, yet defiant way. Adelaide, his landlady and boss, and to some extent his partner at he same time as a client. Walking out of the book store and making his way around the building to the entrence for the apartments, Robert felt old. Old and useless, like his own car or the record player he really wished he wouldn't have to throw out. Both worked, for now. But how long would it take for someone to either break them or decide they wanted something newer and better? Robert had that feeling the whole climb of the stairs leading to his apartment, opening his apartment door and lumbering inside.

"So long, Phil. Watch the…ah, why do I even bother?" Robert said to himself as he hurriedly went arond his small apartment, gathering the stuff he thought he'd need whilst going to Grimm. He grabbed an old travelling backpack, shoved his laptop and the external small harddrive in it, alongside some toiletries that might be useful if they were going away for long. And wrapped in some old newspapers, he also shoved in the two remaining magazines for his gun. If they were going out there, the big bad world that had only grown darker in Robert's eyes, he was going prepared. He'd never need to actually fire his gun before, only show it at the very least, but…he was just being careful.

Who was Phil, you might ask? Well Robert had one album framed up on the wall, jokingly he was Robert's only friend there that saw the real Robert. It was an old, worn vinyl album with a dark background and a white face on the front. A man with two staring eyes, straight at you. But after years of telling the framed album to watch the apartment for him, Robert was staring to wonder if he was going nuts.
Hidden 23 days ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Caesar & Keystone


Location: Grimm Indiana (Outskirts)
Skills: N/A
Skills: N/A



As odd as it may have sounded in hindsight, the two men in the somewhat out-of-place SUV came to this place for the purpose of locating and tracking down a person presumed to be dead, while simultaneously hoping to stumble upon some ancient artifact (or two, if lucky) for which the Big Bad of their era was also searching. Naturally, there was jack and shit for a lead, except that the man for whom they were searching came from this town. So far as the dice were concerned, whatever lead fell in their lap would have to suffice. One thing at a time, until something solid came up.

Along the way into town proper, Caesar unexpectedly jerked his head to the side, apparently seeing something of extreme interest by the side of the road. Between that and the (probably) unnecessary jerking of the vehicle's steering wheel in the direction the older man was staring, Keystone was jolted out of whatever mind-blanking thought and/or meditative practice he was currently ensconced, up to and including considering the benefits of nodding off for a moment or two. "Fongin' 'ell you doing, y'old bast- um, Boss?"

Ignoring the dangerous skirting into disrespect, Caesar answered with a guttural growl of, "Phone booth," and pulled into the adjacent parking lot. He jumped out of the SUV and jogged with determination over to the booth in question.

Keystone felt a little confused. He brought the window down a bit, giving thought to yelling after his boss (and grandfather to his baby son) from his seat. In the end, he decided to give him the respect of his sarcasm from a standing position. He huge man opened the door and set his feet on the ground, only then addressing his employer with the jab of, "Huh? 'Phone booth'? Tryin' for a place to put on y'bloody superhero costume, are ya?" The extension of Caesar's middle finger without actually looking back at the man was answer enough.

Maybe it was possible that, living his formative years in a major metropolitan area and being decades younger than the grizzled Mexican, Keystone didn't get the concept of the phone booth. Not the booth itself, but what lay inside of it; traditionally there was a paper and ink phone directory listing the names of all people with telephone numbers and their addresses. Keystone spent a lot of time in Central Asia as well, where, like this town, technology didn't always keep up with the rest of the world. There might have been an opportunity for him to put two and two together for the phone book idea, but that moment passed when he saw the older man lay his hands on the now antiquated directory and crack it open. "Aaaaaah..."

In a very average act of personal technological updating, Caesar input the data from the phonebook into his sat phone and sent the info to his associate's, then returned to the company vehicle. Keystone scanned the message, climbed back in, and looked to his employer. "Tinder place? Might as well. Got any questions for the fam' lined up?"

"I'll make them up when I get there." And why not? Out of the two of them, he was the investigator. As the SUV pulled back onto the road, Caesar set to locating a means to find the address from the directory he just left, which mostly meant having Keystone do it while he drove. Before bothering with small matters like setting up a staging point and reestablishing proper communications with the home office, let alone informing local law enforcement of their presence in town, Caesar jumped right into his investigation of a man who he now believed to be alive, that he wanted to see dead anyway, and in the most painful, humiliating way possible.

Next stop - Hopefully the childhood home of Marc Tinder.
Hidden 23 days ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Riley Ridgeway


Location: Grimm, Indiana, Tunnel Passage Under Grimm -> Grimm Asylum
Skills: N/A





Riley closed her eyes and sighed when she heard Cecily pick up the phone on the other end, as she looked around the room again as she noticed that the room hadn't been used in a really long time. "Thank god you are alright." Riley said as she watched Pyria very closely as she followed some kind of blood trail that was old. Riley really did not like the idea, whatever happened here was behind closed doors by the feel and looks of it. "I'm outside the police station with Roy - let me know where you are and we can come meet you." Cecily replied back over the phone, she really did not like the idea of Cecily being in Grimm at all as Riley started to catch up to Pyria. Though there was a lot of static which she figured that it was due to being in the subbasement, and Riley wasn't sure how well the reception was on Cecily's end.

"Okay, uhm we are in the Grimm Asylum it's on the other side of town just come here quickly." Riley said, she didn't want to say to much and hoped that Cecily heard well enough through the static as she started to catch up to her partner, hearing the moans and grunts which didn't sound good as she held her gun up. "If Roy is with you tell him, just follow the main road up it's not to hard to find." Riley told her.

Hidden 23 days ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Seen 9 hrs ago



Priya Khurana


Location: Asylum
Skills:Investigation, Stealth



Priya listened with half an ear to the conversation Riley was having with someone. She didn’t seem to be talking to the police, but at least someone knew where they were now and help could arrive. She, on the other hand, had matters of her own to attend to. She heard sounds and couldn’t place them with this stupid basement jumbling her thoughts. She stood a moment to settle her nerves. As she did so, the sounds became clearer. She could pinpoint exactly where they were coming from. Whether Riley followed or not was not a concern as Priya made a beeline in the direction of the sound.

What she found was not what she expected (but wasn’t that par for the course at this point?). Rather than some clown lady a figure was laying on an examination table. The figure was a woman based on body shape, but she was wrapped up in bandages to the point you could barely see who she was. The only part of her visible was an eye, which looked panicked. Priya couldn’t much blame her though.

She ran up to the woman and checked around. They seemed to be alone. ”My name is Priya Khurana and I am with the police. I know it’s scary but I need you to calm down. I’ll get you out of this.” She would look to see if Riley appeared to help, but if not, she was going to help the woman out.

Hidden 22 days ago Post by Dragoknighte
Raw
Avatar of Dragoknighte

Dragoknighte

Member Seen 1 day ago

Mali Anson

Location: Tinder's Place
Skills: Perception



"Good thing. The place has been broken into. Whoever did it might still be in there." Mali got out of the truck and followed Zoie to the back. Looking in the case, she noted to herself that she personally wouldn't keep a bunch of weapons on top of silk clothing. That shit was expensive, and she wouldn't want to chance ruining it by having rough metal surfaces and edges on top. The night gown seemed fine, so she was probably just over thinking it, but still. If she was just going to have weapons lying around on her clothes, she'd pick jeans or some sturdy shit like that.

Mali looked down at the gun and knife. The gun scared her a bit honestly. She had never really been around them, being from the Suburbs of New England, which was about as far away as you could get culturally within the continental US. All that said, the paranoid part of her said that if worst came to worst, it would be better to have it and not need it than the other way around. Sighing, Mali took the pistol and the knife, putting the former into her back pocket (covering it with the tail of her shirt and keeping the latter tucked into her belt loop like Zoie.

"I'll check through the front. Could you make sure there's nobody around the sides?" The blade was something she was far more comfortable handling, and in closed off spaces, short melee weapons were superior to their longer and ranged brethren so she fully expected that if a fight were to break out, she'd end up using something other than the gun, but having it as a last resort was sort of reassuring. Mali cracked her knuckles and approached the house. She walked up to the front door and standing outside the frame, gently pushed the door open before peeking inside to see if she could tell what as going on.


Hidden 22 days ago Post by Lady Amalthea
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea 🦄 / The Elder GM

Member Seen 18 min ago




Date: Monday May 23rd, 2017
*You can call for a roll before you post or you can leave a roll request at the end of your post and your results will be placed in the next update. You are allowed to get a roll during your post and place another at the end of your post.

Chicago, Illinois (Grimaldi Books): Adelaide made quick work of getting her things together and gathering what she needed from the vault. This wasn't exactly what she wanted to be doing today. Granted it was never a good time to go to an old friends parents house to tell them that their son was dead but Marc and her had been best friends growing up and she had spent a lot of time over there. She knew his parents well and figured she at least owed them a visit. Plus she would want to attend his funeral. Well not want, no one wanted to go to a friends funeral but she wanted to remember his life. He was a good guy who had always been there for her. Especially when she needed someone most.

Making sure everything was locked up, things were turned off, and double checking just to be sure, Adelaide made her way back into the main part of the book store and rested her things down before checking the time. Taking a breath she decided to go ahead and pack up the car. Taking everything outside and resting it by the door before turning off the lights, setting the alarm (Whatever good that did), and locking up she moved over to her SUV and started loading things in the back. Hopefully this trip to Grimm wouldn't turn out like the last. The last thing she needed was a dead ex coming out of the wood work followed by a slew of murders. (Like that would happen twice, LOL)

Grimm, Indiana (Tinder House): Zoie looked over towards Mali and nodded as she slipped the safety off her gun and made her way around to the side of the house. She wasn't used to staking out a place or checking into a break and enter but she had hunted enough deer growing up to know to take it slow. The knife was good for up close and personal but Zoie was a better shot than she was a stab. As her daddy used to say, she could pick the wings off a fly at 50 feet. Maybe she should have gone in the military like her sister. Ahh fuck that, Zoie was hardly the rod of the spine type of girl and didn't take orders and men yelling at her well.

Things seemed calm around the house as Zoie made her way around one side and then the other before working her way towards the back. Out front everything seemed clear, the door would open without a sound, the Tinders were good about keeping things neat and tidy. Probably why Marc had gone in the FBI, he always was pretty clean cut, even as a kid. He was the type that could paint a room and not have a spot on him when he was done. Or at least he used to be. Inside though, things were not neat and tidy. The place looked pretty torn up. Not like it had been tossed but like a fight had broken out. A potted plant tipped over, foot pint int he dirt, blood splattered on the wall and drug across it, like someone's face had been drug through it.

Grimm, Indiana (Heading Towards Tinders Place): Roads are as roads do. (Sorry, fucking Forest Gump). The scene is the same, save for the fact there is a single balloon just hanging there in a tree like it got stuck there but there are no kids around to have lost it. Maybe it has been there for a while? GPS out there isn't exactly the best bet - they haven't exactly gotten around to update any of the roads out there. Granted there isn't a lot of road work in Grimm but it is a bit confusing and the pair get turned around once to where they have to back track and it is taking a little longer than they would like but hey they are on the right track now and should be there shortly. Not this round but shortly.

Grimm, Indiana (Asylum Sub-basement): The woman stops in her struggle and that one eye just stares at Priya. Soon as a few straps were undone, the woman yanked free and rolled off the table. Backing up quickly and pressing her back to the corner of the room. Though you couldn't see most of her face it was obvious that the woman was confused and panicked. Her hands pressed against the wall, eying Priya down but she didn't make a move towards her. Instead slowly turning around and seeing the two way mirror in the room. Slowly she moved over to it and touched it where her face was.

Shaking her head she reached up and touched her own face. There was a gasp as she shook her head some more. Then she started to pull the bandages from her face as she bent over, yanking and tugging at it. Ripping it off and dropping bandage after bandage on the ground in tatters. "NoooOOOO!!!!!!" she screamed. Shaking her head and pulling at her dark hair as she wobbled on her feet. Screaming again. "Nooooo!!!! I'm not supposed to be here! NO!" she screamed again as she looked frantically around the room, her face finally shown.

Grimm, Indiana (Police Station): Roy sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. Going to the trunk of the car and grabbing a bullet proof vest and then grabbing another one, tossing it over to Cecily while she was on the phone. He didn't know what was going on but he would be damned if he got caught, or she did, without at least some form of protection. This place was sitting worse with him that Justice did and that was saying something.

Grabbing a bottle of water as well he shut the trunk and climbed back in the car, turning it on and fastening his seat belt. Unscrewing the bottle of water he took a long sip of it and then capped it again. Sighing he placed it in the cup holder between them and motioned that Cecily was free to take some if she wanted. "So, learn anything?" he asked quietly, not sure if she was done with the call or not.
1x Like Like
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet