Hidden 24 days ago 23 days ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Seen 34 min ago

Lauren Ridgeway


Location: The Ferry - Sun Deck -> Elite Deck, (Lauren's Cabin)
Skills: N/A





Lauren looked at the others who were still on deck, as she heard The Lord Major giving orders to the very loud and annoying Corporal, but she completely ignored the man's voice as Reddish walked off. Lauren looked towards Nora and nodded ever so slightly towards her, as she watched Vera barely in the darkness starting to swim off. Just as one of the lowering lifeboats eventually snaps watching it falling directly to the water below. Sighing ever so slightly as Lauren took a few steps away from the ledge, and looked over towards her friend, Vera would certainly need a set of dry clothes now. "Vera's going to need some dry clothes, we should get to my room and get her some." Lauren said looking at the newer woman there and nodded slightly as she motioned for Nora to follow her.

Lauren started to go back down to the lower deck, as she dug through her pockets again, and sighed slightly she still had her ticket on hand still which was a relief as Lauren started to walk back down the stairs to the Elite Deck. She found her cabin with no problem as Lauren took out her cabin keys and headed inside of her cabin again. Lauren started to rummage through some of her things, to find something dry for Vera to wear.
Hidden 22 days ago Post by ONL
Raw
Avatar of ONL

ONL The Guild's friendly neighbourhood Norwegian

Member Seen 9 hrs ago


Mahendra Huq Zalil




Location: In The Nile!
Skills: N/A



The lack of a answer to Mahendra's inquiry into the possibility of an ancient Egyptian pharao's mummified remains being on the ship did little to calm his fears. On the contrary, the sight at the stern of the ship stood only to hammer through the point; the very near death of Vera! As the Bengali and American (Mahendra assumed) duo kept on their swim back to the ship, Vera had earlier fallen into the same predicament as them. Concerning, but solvable. That a lifeboat decided to join in on the fun, more specifically with Vera, that was concerning!

"Lady Munn!" Mahendra shouted at the top of his water-filled lungs as the lifeboat fell upon his superior, not seeing clearly what was going on. Oh the horror! The humanity! His fears of death were washed away in an instant however upon laying eyes on Vera...swimming towards them. "My Gods, have you been harmed, Lady Munn?" Mahendra asked her between her greeting them, her telling the watching passangers that they were fine, and George catching their attention. A steel door. Their salvation! "This has been..." Mahendra started to say, still between his heavy breaths of survival, before continuing. "...too much of an exciteful day, if I may be so bold." He stated with a final tired sigh of breath, before continuing to swim the ring towards the steel door.


Richard Barker




Location: Main Deck (Stairs -> Stern)
Skills:N/A



"Ah great, just like home..."

No one had given Richard a straight answer. No one had answered him at all, or even bothered to pay him more attention than you give a jaywalker risking his life across Times Square during rush-hour just to save some time before your sorry-ass shift starts. Yup, this felt just like New York for you. Not that Richard needed to get any answer from the crew, as the sound of talking, gasping and the subsequent crash of something into the water somewhere at the stern gave him the answers he needed; Something and/or someone had fallen off the ship, and now shit was hitting the fan faster than a sewer rat through your plumbing.

Richard made his way towards the stern of the ship, weaving and pushing his way past anyone who had the inconvinience of standing in his way or just going the wrong way. Faye was naive and curious, at least in his own opinion, and his best bet now was to go look for her there. Either way he could at the very least prove or disprove that she had been the one falling into the Nile...during the night...with possible man-eating animals swimming around. Yeah, he was going to look for her.

"Hey Faye, what's the situation? Who decided to jump ship prematurely?" Richard did find Faye standing at the side of the Main Deck, and made his way to her. Still smoking his cigarette, too tired of the shit of things catching fire or ripping up to care at this point, stood beside her and looked at her with an unfamiliar look of concern. "Are you okay?"
Hidden 22 days ago Post by rivaan
Raw
Avatar of rivaan

rivaan

Member Seen 1 hr ago



Priscilla Harker



Location: Second Deck(Her Cabin)->Second Deck(Stairs to Main Deck)
Skills: Great Observation




Exiting her room, Mosi found everything pretty much the same way as when she entered it a few moments earlier. There was still people being active about the commotion out in the water and there were those doing their jobs. She nodded silently to herself as she patted her shirt , stretched her arms and neck a little and started walking towards the stairs leading to the main deck so she can go check what exactly the situation there was. She wondered if they had already pulled the poor fellow from the water or something.

Just as she reached the coveted stairs, a thought weaved it's way into her mind.' Wonder what that burnt smell was all about?' She recalled as she halted her walk mid step and turned around to sniff the air. Sadly for her, she found no trace of it."Too bad... Maybe next time." Mosi sighed as she put a hand on her hip and shook her head in a little sadness. She should have checked it back then, now who knew if she was ever going to find what it was about. Though to be fair she did feel really tired then, she still was, but with this commotion going on, it was hard to sleep.

Without any other choice for an amusement and mystery solving, she headed back to the stairs, reaching them. She was going to have to make do with the fun of seeing how the rescue works were going. Mosi was really curious as of how whomever it was ended into the water. She might even try to make friends with them to get the story.
Hidden 22 days ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Seen 43 min ago



Josephine Clark

Location: Elite Deck Outside -> Elite Deck Inside
Skills: N/A


It was all happening quite quickly, but at least people were handling it. She calmed her breathing down. She glanced over at Reddish, wondering if the man felt as guilty as Jo assumed. He was, inexplicably, the cause of the fall. And the Lord Major's suggestion was probavbly for the best. Lady Munn most likely did not want to see Reddish for a while. She knew the man's pipes were formidable, but this was another level.

She slid her arm around Reddish's own and smiled at him, hopefully to take his mind off of recent events if even for a moment. "Yes, please. I am growing worried about it now. I have many priceless things in my room, things that money could not replace. Let's be off them quickly." Jo walked along the deck, fighting a need to look over it. She did not want to be the next victim.

"Goodness, quite a night, wouldn't you agree. I am thankful it is almost over."



Faye Masterson

Location:Main Deck
Skills: N/A


Faye wasn't sure what was going on. There was a lot of yelling, so she assumed capable people were handling it. She took a minute to collect herself. The night's events were a complete wash as far as she knew. She didn't collect any new information, Richard had ran off, and people were in the Nile. She wanted to return to her room and forget it.

And then, as if she said his name three times, Richard appeared. "I am quite all right actually, though I am a bit miffed I didn't learn anything useful from the man I was speaking to. Seems we have people who fell off the ship. At least three in the drink from what I gathered, though they seem to be getting help now. What about you though? You stormed off after your....ahem..incident. Is everything all right with you?"
1x Like Like
Hidden 21 days ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Reginald Keystone



Location: The Ferry (Sun Deck)
Skills: N/A




Insomuch as Reginald did not like being corrected by an enlisted man, he was forced to consider that the man was correct. Vera was in better hands with a polished crew than with his present improvisational planning, let alone the execution of said planning by the lanky Corporal. At least, that's what he thought until the Captain's men dropped a lifeboat onto Vera's current location. The immediate back-and-forth between himself and the startlingly inappropriate Miss Benaszewski took a rapid backseat to this new piece of fresh drama unfolding before his eyes, stopping anything he may have said before it ever began. Point of fact, his face was pointed at Gene, mouth slightly agape as the words best describing his assessment of the young lady's behavior were at the threshold of utterance when he heard the rope part with itself. He froze. Directly in place, nary a muscle twitch until he turned his entire body back toward the scene. His finger was in premium wagging position, and his face still held the very chiseled detail of just the appropriate amount of indignation, but both were as still as if Medusa herself exerted her granite influence upon the man.

"Oh, my." he uttered. While the words did not seem up to the task of describing his dread in that second, the tomb-like way in which it was voiced certainly did. Tabasco-wrapped horror emanated from him in that moment, and remained clinging to his bowels with spicy teeth until he heard from the lady herself, waving from below. "By Jove and stone the bloody crows... Vera! Thank heavens you're intact! You'll be the death of us both, young lady!" Reginald took a moment to allow his aging heart to slow some before deciding what he should do next. It might involve scotch. Better to wait until he saw that the Lady Munn was pulled upon the vessel with his own eyes, though, before he did anything at all. And pray that Haring was detained elsewhere until at least Vera was settled in, following her ordeal.



Haring Reddish



Location: The Ferry (Elite Deck)
Skills: N/A




When someone who outranks you as utterly as the Lord Major gives you the one word summary of "Dismissed", it's time to go away. Add to this that the lady whom Reddish still couldn't believe actually wished to remain in his company took him by his arm (even after his temporary shift back into his professional demeanor), lead him in the direction of her stateroom. Granted, he was still under orders to inspect and had his own to visit as well, but it was still a highlight in the proper context. Regardless of the circumstances from a fully objective standpoint, he allowed himself to study the bright eyes and charming smile of the woman with him, using the image to blot out some of the horror to which he had just inadvertently been party.

"Oh indeed, Miss Clarke. Indeed, quite the evening! Well-described as a hayride through a minefield, this. I'll tell you, possible watery death aside, this has been the most stellar evening I've had since coming to Egypt, if you don't mind my waxing on a bit. Absolutely brilliant. Except, again, well... Lady Munn." His face fell somewhat. He spoke again with quieter, more introspective syllables, "It's probably best if I keep to my deck for a while unless acting officially. Or at least stay out of sight for a while, if you take my meaning. Hmm..." He shook his head. "We'll see how things are after she's on board and dried off, then. For right now, you and I..."

The Corporal's voice trailed off as he nonverbally insisted upon entering the room first. They were there to inspect a possible break in, not for social purposes, and he was the guy in uniform. Propriety spoke to his entering before the lady, just in case something was amiss. The sudden winding down of Reddish's speech turned to sharp silence as the door prematurely swung open, the key only halfway into the lock. Whatever emotion lay within his features before, be it worry over Vera or the warm feeling he drew from Josephine, or even the respectful obedience he showed Reginald, all evaporated within that instant. It was replaced with a quiet, cold readiness birthed of trench experience.

Reddish raised one hand to ward Josephine back and drew his service revolver with the other. Everything looked fine inside of the room at first glance. That was what bothered him.


Hidden 18 days ago Post by Lady Amalthea
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea 🦄 / The Elder GM

Member Online



Deeper Than The Sands

Date: October 5th, 1924



Reminders: Same reminders but hey, we all forget shit - If you are changing decks at anytime while we are on the boat - roll in chat before you post. If you roll a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 - drop me a line because your ticket is missing. If you roll a 6 though 20, you have your ticket and can proceed without issue.

Same goes with leaving and returning to your characters room. If you enter your room, drop a roll in chat. 1, 2, or 3 drop me a line before posting. If you roll a 4-20 everything is fine and you can proceed without issue.

Please remember to do this every time you change decks and every time you enter your rooms.

Check the maps to make sure you are placing your location as the correct one.

Also remember - If you are Elite you can do to any deck. If you are Secondary you can go anywhere but Elite unless you are on record as working for someone with an Elite ticket. If you are Lower Deck, you can only enter Lower or Main deck.

Get The Overboard On Board: In Lauren's cabin, it wouldn't take long to find something for Vera to change into when she got back to the room. There were a few things of Vera's in her case and even if there hadn't been, her and Lauren were close in size. Lauren had a few more curves that Vera and Vera was a bit bony but they were the same height and general weight, if all else failed she could have borrowed something. It wasn't something to be worried about right then but it could come in handy at a later time if things kept going this way.

Vera felt an arm slip around her waist as J.C. pulled her close and kept swimming. "Alight lady, just hold on," he said and Vera nodded, kicking to help. The woman was lucky to be better at swimming than she was walking.

"Yes, yes. Quite alright. Simply startled by the Corporal's voice projection and my luck went tumbling over," she said as they reached the ship finally. A hand reached out to her and she looked up, it was George. Her hand slipped into his and he lifted her out of the water with ease, pulling her close before making sure she was seated down on a crate inside of the ship before returning to the door.

"Mmm, She is safe! " he called out and gave a wave to those looking down over the rails before helping Mahendra out as well. Now it was time to pull the last one in. As he did he looked oddly at the man. "You're here?" he asked a bit confused but it was obvious that the man was indeed standing in front of him, even if he was dripping wet.

"Yeah, seems it was a good thing too," the man said in a harsh tone before patting George on the back and walking over to a crate and sitting down. George looked at him again a bit confused before leaning back out the door and waving before pulling it shut and locking it back. They were in the upper areas of Cargo. George walked over to Vera and began checking her arms, trying to see if anything got banged up when she went over.

Over in Josephine's room - once her door is open fully it will look fine to start. Josephine is no idiot though and once she starts looking around she will easily be able to deduce that someone was in her room. They were careful though not to leave an obvious trail. What gives it away? Other than the door? When she checks her jewelry she will be able to tell that things have been moved around. A woman never leaves a set of pearls out of their velvet wrap to be scratched up by earring studs.
Hidden 18 days ago Post by Morose
Raw
Avatar of Morose

Morose Three in One

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Gene Benaszewski


Location: The Ferry - Sun Deck
Skills: N/A
Gene winced slightly, seeing Lady Munn nearly get killed by a lifeboat. There was some irony there that she had to chuckle at slightly. Death by lifeboat? It was genius. "That is going to leave a mark," she then mused quietly. It was a bit pathetic in the same vein. She hadn't known Vera very long and this was going to leave a lasting impression of the woman. Perhaps George's attraction to her was out of some sort of desire to protect a frail and clumsy creature? Gene mulled it over for a moment. Not very many of the women her brother usually interacted with needed or encouraged protection - so there was something there, she felt.

And then she heard George call out, confirming Vera's safety. It was all falling nicely into place and then Gene glanced over at the Lord Major. She could torment him some more, poking fun at his British ego - but that wasn't really what she felt like doing. "Come on, old man, let's go and see Vera yah?" Gene said. Could she have said Lady Munn? Yes. But Lady Munn, to her, sounded like an old woman who drank tea and fraternized with mummies. And from what Gene could tell, maybe only one of those things was true about Vera so far.

Nora Kingston


Location: The Ferry - Sun Deck -> Elite Deck - Lauren's Room
Skills: N/A
Nora nodded, hurrying after Lauren. Vera was going to be positively soaked. Dresses never really mixed well with the water, especially in this day and age. As they changed decks, she was relieved to find that her ticket was still where she had put it on her person. It would have been horrible luck and timing if it went missing during all of this chaos. "Poor Lady Munn..." Nora whispered to her friend, as they reentered Lauren's rooms.

Luckily, it didn't seem to have changed since she and Lauren had been inside shortly ago. From what Nora recalled, Vera and Lauren had roughly the same proportions with a few variations. "She left some clothing here, yes?" Nora then said. She wasn't too certain which pieces of clothing were Lauren's and which were Lady Munn's, but she trusted that her friend would know. She just hoped Vera would get back onto the ferry alright. Disaster and clumsy misadventures seemed to be following Lady Munn and it reminded Nora briefly of the details Neema had told her. Defending this Bastet was going to be a challenge...
Hidden 18 days ago Post by rivaan
Raw
Avatar of rivaan

rivaan

Member Seen 1 hr ago



Priscilla Harker



Location: Second Deck(Stairs to Main Deck)->Main Deck(Open Air Lounge)
Skills: Great Observation




The stairs weren't anywhere near as busy as they once were. After all even with the commotion going on, most were at their cabins to rest or somewhere else having a good time right now. She pulled out her ticket, showed it where she had to and quickly moved down the stairs to the main deck. This was the open air lounge, she smiled half amuzed as she looked around, her eyes falling on all the people who had gathered because of the commotion with the one who fell in the water.

She couldn't help herself and studied the crowds. As someone who was trained in art and painting, she had an eye for detail, but she didn't spot anything bad or special really. People were gathering at the reiling, there were those who were being noisy and those who were trying to be helpful. From what was visible they seemed to have pulled the drownie to the ship, she didn't pay too much attention to that though. She found a curious thing. There was this woman who was just casually sipping a drink as if there was nary a trouble in the world."Hmmm..." She mumbled a sound of suspicion.

Mosi now felt really curious. The woman was dark haired, and she was quite sure this was the woman with whom Mahendra was speaking with the last time she saw him. the American woman wondered if Mahendra had failed in his flirting or something? Then there was the case the woman seemed really uninterested about the whole 'someone's drowning in the river' deal. Should she maybe go have a chat with the woman? After a brief thinking about it, Mosi concluded might as well talk with this woman to at least sate her curiosity, thus she headed in her direction, putting her charming smile on." Excuse me, Miss. It's a fine evening is it not? I wondered if you will mind if I acompany you for a drink?"
1x Like Like
Hidden 18 days ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Seen 34 min ago

Lauren Ridgeway


Location: The Ferry - Elite Deck, (Lauren's Cabin) -> Second Deck
Skills: N/A





"I had my stuff put away once I got settled, I kept some of Vera's clothes separate from mine. So that none of us would get mixed up." Lauren said softly as she looked at some of her own clothes for a moment, she didn't really realize that she and Vera were fairly close in measurements. "And if needed Vera can easily borrow some of mine, once everything in her cabin is fixed." Lauren told her friend, as soon as she grabbed a dry set of clothes, Lauren made sure that her ticket was still on her person as well as her cabin key as well. She turned and started to leave the safety of her cabin.

Lauren took a moment seeing Josephine and Reddish entering their cabin, before Lauren turned and made her way towards the stairs seeing the man at the entrance to the Second Deck. Lauren presented him her ticket, and gave the man a friendly smile once he had checked it, and allowed them through Lauren walked further down the neck looking over at Nora. "Where do you think they would have brought Vera back on from?" Lauren asked, she hadn't really had the time to truly explore the ship just yet either and Lauren didn't want to get lost either as well trying to find where Vera was now.
Hidden 17 days ago Post by ONL
Raw
Avatar of ONL

ONL The Guild's friendly neighbourhood Norwegian

Member Seen 9 hrs ago


Mahendra Huq Zalil




Location: In The Nile! -> Cargo Deck
Skills: Social Cameleon



"That...that is a comfort to hear, Lady Munn." Mahendra managed to comment back to Vera, the trio now in The Nile and swimming their legs off back to the safety of the ship. So it hadn't been unholy and evil magic caused by the presence of a stolen mummy, but the supernaturely voice of Corporal Reddish who caused Vera's nightly swim. It was both a comfort to think that the Gods hadn't caused this accident, but the thought of what more harm a man's voice alone could cause was of concern. Was he to take part of the expedition all the way?

Perhaps Mahendra should invest in some protective wear for his ears when they arrived in Zagazig?

It was with great relief and delight that Vera was firstly pulled out of the great river of civilization by George, and then Mahendra himself. Mahendra had to give the American with the mask of terrors a smile of thankfulness, looking at him for a moment before joining Vera at the crate, taking a final breather of safety as they were no longer submerged in water. Mind you their clothes were still as wet as the deepest parts of the river, but they didn't have to swim for their life. Mahendra was about to look up at George and J.C. in order to thank them, when he saw their unusual exchange. George asking J.C. if he was there, and J.C. replying with a witty comment and a pat on the back. This wasn't just the words or actions of someone in confusion; "Firstly let me thank you both for saving mine and Lady Munn's life, and secondly...do you two know each other?"


Richard Barker




Location: Main Deck (Stern)
Skills:Observation, Deduction, People-reading



"Good, good...I was hoping that fella you talked with wasn't doing anything to you." Richard said almost casually to Faye, though his look of concern persisted for just a little longer. Who knew what kind of man she had ended up with, but at least she was safe now, and not in the water. Speaking of which, was seemingly being taken care of by person or persons unknown. Good, Richard didn't want to get his feet wet. "Oh great, three? Any idea why? Doesn't sound like a casual night-swim in a major river-delta to me."

Richard placed his half-way burned cigarette between his fingers, turning from Faye as he took in the crowd standing around them. He could only see small clusters of the crowd, like baskets of fruit on a summer market in the center of New York with apples, pears, oranges and grapes all separated. Had any of them caused this incident? It surely would have made for a good distraction, it sure as hell got the private dick's attention. But the first cluster of people didn't stick out to him, and he looked back to Faye to answer her last stab at his earlier...escapedes."Too bad, 'cause I didn't get much more than you, at least not related to our case. Guy's name was Franklin, no surname given. Saw he had a journal that sure didn't look like his, but he avoided by my questions like a Tamanny Hall fossil dodging morals. Then after...you know what happened, he up and left." Richard answered as best and short as he could, placing the cigarette back and scratching his head at the whole business. He didn't like it. But Faye did ask him if he was okay, so that was something.

"What? Yeah, sure I'm fine. Been through worse...I need a stiff drink and a tailor though."
Hidden 17 days ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Seen 43 min ago



Josephine Clark

Location: Elite Deck (Josephine's Room)
Skills: Perception


Jo stepped into her room, leaving Reddish alone to tend to whatever matters were important to him at the moment. She had to think straight. As she glanced around the room, to the average fellow, it would appear like her room had been untouched. But not to her. No, Jo knew well enough that someone had been inside of her room. Someone saw fit to go through her things, move them around, and then try to hide the fact they did so. It was almost clever. Almost.

She had checked her jewelry and it confirmed her thought. "Someone has been in here. My pearls would never, EVER be out of their velvet wrap unless they were adorned along my decolletage, less they be damaged. Someone has been here and moved things, searching. I get the impression something was taken, but without a more thorough search I do not know what it is."

She clenched her fists as angered roared inside of her. To enter her room was one thing, to move her things around was another. It was an insult, a slap to the face. And the fact something was taken of hers was another and it would not stand. She would also not let them get to her. The average woman may have become hysterical, prone to throw a fit or fall on her bed and weep. But not her. She would get her things back and find the culprit.

And then they would be fishing their body out of the Nile.



Faye Masterson

Location:Main Deck (Stern)
Skills: N/A


Faye decided to let whatever humorous comments she would have made to Richard slide. The poor man had been through enough already, it seemed. "Not sure. I do believe they may have fallen in, but you would have to the the most clumsy of persons to do so. On that note, maybe stay away from the edge of the ship until we dock?" Okay, she had to get one in.

"And while I appreciate you looking out for me, I am more than capable of taking care of myself should the man have tried anything. Though I am afraid to say I am not fit to play the seductress, it seems. Perhaps if I was a movie star or singer, then maybe. But it seems that our luck in investigating has run out tonight. I would happily join you in that drink before retiring for the night. Who knows? Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day for us?"
1x Like Like 1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 17 days ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Reginald Keystone



Location: The Ferry (Sun Deck -> Elite Deck)
Skills: N/A




The shock of the second in the most recent of misadventures to befall Vera was still fresh on Reginald, try as he might to maintain his proper and dignified sense of British stiff-upper-lippedness. The older man figured that it wasn't anything that couldn't be cured by a warming beverage and bit of quiet, though that would hardly be of any use to Vera at this juncture. It was not until he heard a call from below, in the distinct voice of Mr. George Benaszewski, that he allowed himself the luxury of not bracing himself for the worst of news. No amount of warming drinks nor quiet would have been of comfort then. She was the reason they had a mission in the first place, the reason why he hauled himself from his office for one last adventure. For that matter, Vera was one of the last, few reasons that Reginald bothered with drawing oxygen into his lungs at all.

Gene's insistence that they go to the Cargo deck to check on Vera, while notably absent of sociable effort, was a capital idea. Whatever argumentative nature he had earlier, however gentlemanly he might have been planning to phrase it, had been tucked away for now. Petty squabbles were supposed to be beneath him, anyway. And the American lady did have a good idea. With these points in mind, Reginald responded to Gene with an affirming, "Yes, yes of course." and began toward the shorter staircase leading from the Sun Deck down to Elite.

It was a simple showing of papers, though it did surprise him a little that they would ask for papers going down. Tight ship, he suspected, as a Captain must keep to protocol regardless of little idiosyncrasies. Leaves no room for error among the guests nor subordinates. One deck down, a few more to go, as the Lord Major had nearly the entire ship to traverse before locating Vera.



Haring Reddish



Location: The Ferry (Elite Deck, Josephine's Stateroom)
Skills: N/A




Indeed, to the average fellow, it looked like the room had been untouched. But interestingly enough, Corporal Haring Demetrius Reddish was never, and I mean never in his life been referred to as average. Not to the point that he somehow instinctively knew what might or might not have been taken by whomever was visiting uninvited while they were away, but enough to note that someone had indeed been in there. The door was also a pretty obvious clue. First things first, however: Take stock of the room's contents itself.

Reddish began to quietly scan the room, soaking up detail and listening to Josephine provide her own accounting of things being amiss. Eyes narrowed, a mental inventory being taken of what was in the room that did not show up on individual manifests; personal items, sundries, and the like. In the case of Josephine, it was finery in the form of clothing and jewelry. The theory being, if Reddish intimately acquainted himself with the style and quality of her belongings, it might stand to reason that, if similar was spied elsewhere on the ship, he might consider that a point to investigate later. Naturally, he had to take a look for himself. But first, he holstered his sidearm.

It was like he was a different sort of man for that moment, quickly and efficiently ticking through personal effects. His voice, casual and confident, hummed to Josephine as he went about work rare to a field Corporal. "Heavens no, Madame. A lady's pearls are sacred. Particularly pearls such as yours. I say we locate the culprit and ensure his hasty incarceration in the Cairo Prison. There are many a reprobate there who might pursue hasty pelvic entertainment involving the chap's eyesockets." A dry laugh later, and the Corporal found himself thumbing through the various silks and cottons and satins, velvet, fur, or what have you that made up the whole of Josephine's wardrobe. "Tasteful, Miss Clarke. Very. If you would will pardon my familiarity with your belongings, it is my belief that if your pearls were moved but not taken, then the culprit was looking for something highly specific, and likely rummaged through everything else of your in the process. One never knows where an identifier might have been left."

Satisfied that he had learned what he could at that time from Josephine's garments and jewelry, he instead focused his attention to details of he room itself. Nonetheless, commentary such as "Ah madame, that silk number with the keyhole neckline would look absolutely smashing on you. Of course, you would know that, being as you bought it and whatnot, but that is a lovely garment, if you don't mind my saying, Miss Clarke. Just lovely." Okay, that sounded a bit more like the Corporal. "But begging madame's pardon, if I may risk sounding like less the gentleman for it? That after-hours clingy nightshift is absolutely marvelous. Really, I'd bloody applaud, I would, if this situation wasn't so serious. It would be an absolute thrill of a lifetime to be lucky enough to catch a passing glimpse of yourself in it." His eyes widened, seemingly at the open frankness of his dialogue. "My sincerest, Miss Clarke. I go beyond the boundaries of comfortable conversation at this late hour, and it is doubly inappropriate considering my presence in your stateroom, as it were. Very apologetic, Miss. Crosses a line. Upon the termination of the emergency, I shall be forlorn (but accepting) if you require my absence, quite." He sighed and nodded, resolving to accept this eventuality with dignity and grace if it was pressed.

Oh! But watch that step, Miss Clarke! Unless I miss my guess, there's a mark upon the floor that was left by whomever blundered in here uninvited, madame." Sure enough, a rather largeish scuff mark was left upon the floor that practically begged to be examined further, altogether to large to have come from a bootheel.

Hidden 14 days ago Post by Lady Amalthea
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea 🦄 / The Elder GM

Member Online



Deeper Than The Sands

Date: October 5th, 1924



Reminders: Same reminders but hey, we all forget shit - If you are changing decks at anytime while we are on the boat - roll in chat before you post. If you roll a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 - drop me a line because your ticket is missing. If you roll a 6 though 20, you have your ticket and can proceed without issue.

Same goes with leaving and returning to your characters room. If you enter your room, drop a roll in chat. 1, 2, or 3 drop me a line before posting. If you roll a 4-20 everything is fine and you can proceed without issue.

Please remember to do this every time you change decks and every time you enter your rooms.

Check the maps to make sure you are placing your location as the correct one.

Also remember - If you are Elite you can do to any deck. If you are Secondary you can go anywhere but Elite unless you are on record as working for someone with an Elite ticket. If you are Lower Deck, you can only enter Lower or Main deck.

All Aboard: Now that those that had fallen or jumped off the ship were back on and safe as far as the captain could tell it was time to get back to the status quo. There was no point retrieving the broken pieces of the life boat. It would only set them even further behind schedule. Returning to the helm he instructed the crew to speed up the boat now instead of it's usual cruising speed. They would need to make up some ground now and would do it over the course of the evening as to return to normal by suns early light.

There was a slow turn of the head as she was addressed and asked if she wouldn't mind company currently. Her dark eyes went over the woman for a moment before letting a small grin pull at the corner of her lips. There was a graceful gesture from her pale hand for the girl to go ahead and seat herself, accompanied with a nod of approval. "Yes, of course. Though it would be prudent to introduce yourself first my dear. You may call me Bella," she said introducing herself before picking up the dark liquid filled glass and taking a slow sip from it. Her eyes peering at the woman over the rim.

Vera was shivering from the cold of the water as George looked around and found a padding cloth that was used to cover crates. Grabbing two of them he sat one down next to Mahendra before returning to Vera. Taking the other one, he wrapped it around her and pulled her close. Rubbing her arms vigorously to help try to warm her up. "Yes, thank you," Vera finally managed to say through chattering teeth. George hadn't answered the question but J.C. too matters into his own hands.

"Oh yeah, known this one a few years," he said holding a hand out to Mahendra to shake it. "Just call me J.C.," he said before taking a seat and unbuttoning his vest. Slipping it off and wringing it out on the floor. "Hell of a tumble you both took, well at least she did. How the hell did you manage to get in the water?" he finally asked Mahendra as he laid his vest down next to him and started to unlace his boots.

(Too speed things up you may move up to 2 decks per round until the characters all turn in for the night. Hopefully we can get this wrapped up quickly so we can move on.)
Hidden 14 days ago Post by rivaan
Raw
Avatar of rivaan

rivaan

Member Seen 1 hr ago



Priscilla Harker



Location: Second Deck(Stairs to Main Deck)->Main Deck(Open Air Lounge)
Skills: Great Observation




"Ahhh, of course!" Mosi suddenly realized as the woman spoke out to her in return. She nodded and gave a slight bow with her head." I seem to have been charmed silly and forgot my manners." She said with her usual half happy half amused smile. Color her intrigued right now." My name's Priscilla Harker, at your service Miss Bella." She finished her intoduction in really self confident way, her voice showing her American origins. Now that introductions passed and she was given permission, she quickly took a seat by the table.

She threw a casual brief glance around as she sat dow and then her eyes returned and rested onto the woman in front of her. She was quite damn sure this was the woman she saw Mahendra with. It was a curiosity as of why she was alone though. Mosi couldn't help herself, but study the woman now that she was this close to her. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary about her though. Thus she kept her eyes focused on her for a few moment's before she snapped out of after not finding anything special for now.

"Ahh excuse me, miss. I got too focused for a moment. I'm an artis, you see. It's sort of an occupational trait for us to observe details whenever we see something we like." She gave an innocent smile as she spoke." Still I got to say, I find it curious if I may ask, aren't you curious about the drownie incident? I didn't expect to see someone else so calm about it." She asked and nodded her head at the edge of the ship. She personally only cared about who fell and why. She had no interest in watching circuses so to speak.
Hidden 13 days ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Seen 34 min ago

Lauren Ridgeway


Location: The Ferry - Second Deck -> Lower Deck -> Cargo
Skills: N/A





As Lauren and Nora walked through the second deck, she would occasionally nod towards those that would walk past, until she and Nora were at the stairs to the lower deck. She presented her ticket along with Nora, the crew member took them and looked it over, before they were waved through. Lauren did start to worry a little bit how Vera was doing, and if she was okay or injured at all from the fall which looked like it was fairly high. As they got lower Lauren adjusted the dry set of Vera's clothes in her hands, then they were at the stairs to the lowest deck now. Presenting her ticket to the crew member once more who was manning the entrance to the cargo hold, they both were waved through once again.

Once inside of the cargo hold Lauren took in seeing all of the cargo that was inside of it, which looked like there was a lot that was loaded up onto the ship itself. "Hopefully they are around here somewhere." Lauren said, as she found the far wall and decided to walk along it. Until Lauren could hear some voices and started to quicken her pace a bit more until she was at the closed door, seeing Mahendra, George, Vera and some man that she didn't know. "Vera! Are you okay?" Lauren asked as she approached her friend, looking over towards Mahendra. "How did you fall? And are you okay?" Lauren asked him as well, looking at George, and J.C. figuring that they were the ones to help. "Thank you for saving them." Lauren said, as she noticed Vera shivering. "I got a dry set of clothes for you as well."
Hidden 12 days ago Post by ONL
Raw
Avatar of ONL

ONL The Guild's friendly neighbourhood Norwegian

Member Seen 9 hrs ago


Mahendra Huq Zalil




Location: Cargo Deck
Skills: N/A



So it had been true what Mahendra had deduced with his social skills. At least his wits had not been fully dulled in the process of falling into the Nile! George and the other man, J.C. did know each other. How remarkable of a concicedence, Mahendra thought as he watched George hand Vera a piece of cloth first, and then one for himself. "Tha...thank you, Mr. Benaszewski..." Mahendra began to thank George, only now realizing that he felt a tad bit cold. He had excerted a fair amount of strenght in his struggle for life and death, and it was in his moment of safety that he felt the cold water seep in everywhere. Good thing he was given the cloth.

"Pleased to meet you too, J.C. Mahendra Zalil, at your service." Mahendra was quick to reply to J.C. after his introduction with a handshake as well, though he clearly flustered at his question. It should have been obvious that it would be posed sooner or later, but when it finally was, Mahendra didn't know what to answer. Simply saying "I was running after a lady, asking for her name and I fell into the river." would put himself into a most ungentlemanly light! It could be scandalous! His tried to form words without sounds, when Lauren joined them. "Oh, ehm I...my own clumsiness, I must assume, dear Lauren. Yes, not used to the traversal on water. But yes I am all right, thanks to the efforts of Mr. Benaszewski and J.C." He answered Lauren, giving her a friendly smile as he nodded to their two saviours. He would tell her, and the Fellowship later about it all: The lady, the red glowing eyes, her curious posture and her strange questions. But for now, he was clumsy.


Richard Barker




Location: Main Deck (Stern -> Open Air Lounge)
Skills:N/A



"Ha...ha...ha, very funny Faye. Taking a midnight swim in the Nile is exactly what an old dog like me wants." Richard gave an obviously sarcastic laugh to his partner, a quick look of "oh you're so funny" while breathing in the nicotine. Perhaps that was the only thing that still kept him alive, the smoke of a cigarette that he could barely afford on a bad time. And to think his ex-wife wanted him to quite? She was crazy. Richard looked around him again, then back at Faye with a sigh. "Come on, Doll, let's get a drink."

Richard began making his way back to where he and Franklin had had a most 'pleasent' conversation about things he wouldn't share, Faye following him in close pursuit. Richard walked up to the counter and asked for a stiff drink, bourbon or whiskey if they had, before turning to Faye. "I'm sure you can take care of yourself. Hell you've fared better than me the last twenty-four hours. But you're a good kid, Faye, not a singer or a movie starlett, like you said. Shit happens worse to people who don't play dirty, when we're surrounded by shit. I'm just looking after you, in case shit hits the fan." Richard tried to assure her, knowing she would prefer for him not to fly over her like a protective hawk. Perhaps he was so protective because he couldn't save his own daughter...maybe?

With a stiff drink ordered, Richard was at his third or fourth drink that night; just what he needed to fall asleep eventually. "I hope so, today has been dissapointing to say the least. But I ain't got much left over for hoping, stopped that long ago. We've just got to work harder and smarter." He took a deep, tired breath, and out again before posing the final question. "First thing's first; when and where do we meet up tomorrow? My head feels like a bell tower on matchstick legs."
Hidden 12 days ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Reginald Keystone



Location: The Ferry (Elite Deck -> 2nd -> Main Deck)
Skills: N/A




There was no small amount of gratitude to the fates, or the stars, or the God which proper Anglicans gave weekly worship for the delivery of Vera from the grip of the Nile. The ancient river was notorious as both the giver and taker of life, possibly gifted with a deliberate intelligence of that which it claimed in exchange for single-handedly allowing civilization to exist in the middle of this otherwise unfathomable desert, aptly named "Sahara" by the locals. It almost seemed fair sometimes. But not on this evening, and not if the life claimed was the Lady Vera Munn. Such a thing simply would not do.

Being that Reginald was a man who had, admittedly, thickened and greyed with age, he was still able to move with enough urgency to cause for a sort of parting of persons in front of him. The fact that he was traveling down the stairs and not up them made the trip easier. Considering the haste with which he moved and tiny details such as his oft troublesome sword scabbard and moderate amount of alcohol that he had consumed prior to the emergency, the casual use of the word "trip" was perhaps one he would have avoided, were he to voice his own opinion of the situation. Nevertheless, he proceeded as solidly as his advancing years and state of drunkenness might allow, which again was rather impressive in a man who was obviously in the autumn years of his life.

His ticket in hand, Reginald sped down two flights of stairs in his quest for the Cargo Hold, certain that he would be remembered and that the booklet containing it was open to the right spot. No one seemed to challenge his movement, and so he continued ever onward. Such was the prerogative of the Lord Major.



Haring Reddish



Location: The Ferry (Elite Deck, Josephine's Stateroom)
Skills: N/A




Within the stateroom of the irrepressible Josephine Clark, a highly unlikely companion for the young starlet set about attempting to pull his foot from his mouth, or so he assumed he must, for a lack of situational propriety. It was occasionally a curse of his people to simultaneously wish for abruptness and subtlety simultaneously, and then to apologize profusely when it could not be achieved. It was not indecisiveness nor cowardice on his part, quiet the opposite in fact. "Manners Maketh Man", or so the saying went, and the proper application of them at the right time showed just exactly the courage necessary to stay upon the path of an honorable man, regardless of the cost to himself socially.

But yes, mostly at the commentary concerning the modelling one of the starlet's items of nightwear by the young woman. It was a breach of gentlemanly etiquette, or something that strayed too close to it for Reddish's comfort. Far be it for he to be lumped into the gaggle of others who viewed Josephine purely by the roles she tended to play on the silver screen. He did not press the matter further than his assertion that, upon the lady's request, he would give her the gift of his absence as soon as the emergency was over and she was relatively safe. Until that time however, the stalwart Corporal made good use of the time provided, and hovered over the mark upon the floor with the intent to examine for any further detail that might shed some light on the invasion of the stateroom.

"Ah, Miss Clarke? Should you still wish to inform me, madame, have you any luck determining the identity of the absent mystery item?"
Hidden 12 days ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Seen 43 min ago



Josephine Clark

Location: Elite Deck (Josephine's Room)
Skills: Searching(Investigation)


Josephine walked the fine line around her room, inespecting every nook and cranny. She had a nagging feeling that whatever was taken was obvious, but her mind had raced since arriving on this ship. Recent events did not help matters. After what felt like hours (but was probably only 15 minutes or so) Josephine had a flash in her mind. Suddenly she thought she knew what was taken and ran to the drawer it was kept in. Once she opened the door her fears had come to pass. She could feel her chest get tight.

Her grandfather's pocket watch had been taken.

She had valuable jewelry. She had movie scripts for future productions. Valuable things that could sell for a pretty penny to the right people. And yet they took the one thing that was most precious to her. The one thing she counted on since arriving in Egypt. She sat on the edge of her bed and felt the tears come. Not crocodile tears either. "They took my grandpa's pocket watch. It was the one thing I had to remember him by and its gone. Why would they take that, of all things? I have much more valuable things locked away."

She rubbed her eyes, fighting back more emotion. Even though sadness reared its head, she also fet anger and rage. If someone took her pocket watch, then they had to know how much it meant. What thief entered a lady's room and left jewelry behind? No, they knew exactly what they wanted. And she would see them pay for it.



Faye Masterson

Location:Main Deck (Stern) -> Open Air Lounge
Skills: N/A


Faye giggled a bit, knowing full well she enjoyed poking fun at him. She saw him as a father figure in a way and she could see why he was so protective of her. But then again she was capable. Smart. Adaptive she liked to think. But she was no movie starlet, that was for sure. She would not get by due to her sex appeal. She would have to use brains and cunning to get by.

She followed Richard to the Lounge and got a drink. Something light and easy since they had to go to bed soon. "I say we reconvene in the dining hall, should they be serving food or coffee, but I would like to check and see if we can investigate the upper decks. That's where all the hubbub seemed to be happening. Unless you have other ideas, I think we should retire for the night." It had been a long day with interesting things. She was sure this trip would not be boring.
1x Like Like
Hidden 12 days ago Post by Morose
Raw
Avatar of Morose

Morose Three in One

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Gene Benaszewski


Location: The Ferry - Sun Deck -> Elite Deck -> Second Deck
Skills: N/A
Gene rolled her eyes a bit as her ticket was checked going down, making sure that she kept pace with the Lord Major. It was hardly hard in her opinion, given how old the man was (or how young, perhaps?) She fell slightly behind him, mostly because she was curious to see how slowly she could walk and match his pace. George was fine, she knew that in her heart - and Vera seemed to be a clumsy walking disaster. She wouldn't be too terribly shocked if Vera eventually managed to sink the entire ship. "Has Vera always been so... Vera?" Gene wondered aloud.

Was she addressing Lord Major? Maybe. She was behind him as he sped through the checkpoints and stairs, becoming about one flight behind but she wasn't too concerned about it. One of her best friends had taught her that it was okay to take things slow. Mostly, however, Gene's attitude was because she herself wasn't too fussed at the moment. If she had been, she would have sped past the Lord Major and been flying down the flights of stairs at top speed.

Nora Kingston


Location: The Ferry Elite Deck - Second Deck -> Lower Deck -> Cargo
Skills: N/A
Nora had followed Lauren, presenting her ticket at the proper time and she couldn't help but continue to think about all of the tragedies that had befallen this Fellowship. They had experienced death - poor Neema, for instance... Nora's eyes watered ever so slightly at the thought. Lady Munn had fallen overboard and her notes had been stolen. It was as if the so called curse was real and present, conspiring against them from coming to the bottom of this mystery. The brand on her hand was a reminder of it, one that she would have for the rest of her life.

"Lady Munn - is there anything we can do for you?" Nora asked quietly. She wasn't one to talk unless she was spoken to, but this was important. Their friend had fallen into the Nile and had nearly been taken out by a lifeboat. However, she then learned that Mahendra had fallen into the Nile for a similar reason - clumsiness. She bit her lip slightly at that realization. Were they cursed or was the Fellowship just horribly uncoordinated?
1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 9 days ago Post by Lady Amalthea
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea 🦄 / The Elder GM

Member Online



Deeper Than The Sands

Date: October 5th, 1924



Reminders: Same reminders but hey, we all forget shit - If you are changing decks at anytime while we are on the boat - roll in chat before you post. If you roll a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 - drop me a line because your ticket is missing. If you roll a 6 though 20, you have your ticket and can proceed without issue.

Same goes with leaving and returning to your characters room. If you enter your room, drop a roll in chat. 1, 2, or 3 drop me a line before posting. If you roll a 4-20 everything is fine and you can proceed without issue.

Please remember to do this every time you change decks and every time you enter your rooms.

Check the maps to make sure you are placing your location as the correct one.

Also remember - If you are Elite you can do to any deck. If you are Secondary you can go anywhere but Elite unless you are on record as working for someone with an Elite ticket. If you are Lower Deck, you can only enter Lower or Main deck.

All Aboard: Bella sat there, nearly as stone motionless as a statue. "Please to make your acquaintance." Whether it truly was or not was anyone's guess. The woman's voice and expression neither lent to welcoming nor to disheartening. Just pure neutrality. Her eyes glanced towards the circus that was going on at the railing of the deck as people were looking down to see what all was happening, though they were starting to clear by this time. "Oh, should I be curious? I was unaware that it required my attention. Well I suppose now that is has been brought to my attention I still have no desire to watch. It appears there are far enough to deal with the situation and more than enough to be in the way. Your question though begs one of my own. Why are you not interested in, what did you call it, the drownie? Does seem you know more about it than I cared to, take it that it is no one of consequence to you personally."

Vera looked over to Lauren as she came down and smiled lightly in her direction as she stood up, nearly falling back down but George steadied her and helped her keep the tarp around her for now. "Oh yes, perfectly fine. I would have to say it was because of two left feet and a rather boisterous corporal startling me that cause the mishap but it seems all is well that ends well," she said and shrugged. She knew it was her own fault she fell but she didn't have any doubt in her mind that if the corporal hadn't made her jump as much as she had she might have been able to keep from at least falling overboard.

J.C. chuckled a bit and shrugged. "Ain't no thing. I like the water, well at least better than cats do," he said laughing and giving George a bit of a look. "Just glad everyone's alright. Never know when shit can go bad." As the Lord Major and Gene came into view J.C. looked over to them and waved. "Well hello there, if yer looking for two wetties, there over here," he called out.

"Just would like to get out of these wet clothes," Vera said to Nora with a smile as she stepped over to her. "It is blistering chilly right now," she said before sneezing lightly as she buried her head into hand. She sounded like a little church mouse when she sneeze and George smiled slightly as he stood there.

"Mmm, yes, you need mmm to get dry," George said.

"Well not to butt in but might be a good idea to get the kids above deck and out of this musty cargo area," J.C. suggested. George could be seen rolling the single eye that was visible.

(Too speed things up you may move up to 2 decks per round until the characters all turn in for the night. Hopefully we can get this wrapped up quickly so we can move on.)

↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet