Hidden 2 mos ago Post by BKburke
Raw
Avatar of BKburke

BKburke

Member Seen 1 hr ago

@PaulHaynek

"Oh? What did you think I would look like?" Talia teased. "A hulking monstrosity twenty feet tall? A fat and ugly being with a horrible one eye?" The Cyclops giggled before resuming.


"Well uh...to be honest, I wasnt really sure. I mean, I knew there would be monsters but I never really knew what one would look like. I did some reading and I think one book somewhere said something about cyclops being part of the giant family or something. So when they said there was a cyclops, I figured you would be..well...a literal giant." John was silent for a moment. He did not continue talking until he wa slead outside to where the barn was going to be built. He examined the area to make sure the barn would be on stable ground.

"You know, the first monster I saw up close was some kind of plant...flower..thing. It had two people inside it though. That kinda made me toss out any kinda of expectations of what you might look like. I apologize if I stereotyped you in anyway. I didn't mean to do so."

"Next to the fenced in field, behind the guild." Talia gestured with her thumb. "Come, I'll show you."

The Cyclops led you outside and to the grassy fields behind the main guild building. There, you found a decently-sized field surrounded by poor but workable fences. Within the fenced area were two brown horses lazing about under the sun. "I want to build the barn next to the fence. Well, into the fence so things would be more convenient. What do you think?"

"I have no illusion that we're gonna do this in one day. And I'm not gonna make you keep helping me until the barn is completed so if you want to do another request the next day, it's alright."


"You don't need to worry about taking up my time. As far as taking another request, I'm not really much of a fighter. I practice with all the weapons I make to be sure they are effective and made properly but I dont really fight. As far as what I think for stables, i do think a barn styled stable should be fine with only two horses. Normally you would have to worry about infection spreading quick or horses with allergies getting in to something they shouldn't with a barn stable but since it's only two horses then the barn will be fine. Just let me know if you want me to build as if we will get more houses and how many segments you want and I'll get to working on blueprints. Again, I dont really have any other requests unless Bartwants me to fix the hole in the front."

John walked over to a nice patch of grass and sat down. He then pulled out some writing utensils and some parchment. Before Talia could really answer his questions, he would start to draw basic plans and modify them as Talia saw fit.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by AzureKnight
Raw
Avatar of AzureKnight

AzureKnight Blade of the Eastern Sky

Member Seen 1 day ago

🔥Vară Riemsianne🔥


@Lmpkio @PaulHaynek

Seeing that Titanica wasted no time in transforming into her ancient for, Vară could only watch as she stormed down to the campsite. The soldiers, of course, all turned coward and ran frantically to safety. H-Hey! What if Mordus was one of those soldiers who ran off... The fire demon thought nervously to herself, too afraid to directly address her giant comrade.

With the coast clear, she and the others made there way down as well. Forde assured that none of the soldiers who ran where this Mordus person, and that he apparently was still in one of the tents. Vară guessed that Mordus must have been frozen with fear or be the world's heaviest sleeper. Forde told the three to wait while he interrogates Mordus.

"Oh uhh, thanks Vară. For keeping both of us warm. Do you think you can make this fire burn hotter?"

"You're welcome Haley, and yes, of course. Though I doubt that I'll be needing to use much of my mana, Titanica seems to have heat in excess." She replied as she began channeling magic to strengthen the flames.

The demoness was a little off-put by the fact that Titancia chose to remain in her bestial form for the time being, though she appeared content with watching the snow-covered trees in the distance. However, Haley felt the need to break the peace with her mischievous words.

"We monsters have this ability... to smell - sense the energy of others. Other monsters, men, especially men. That lets us know that we have... partners."

A chill worse that the frozen air around them began to slowly creep down Vară's spine. One question was currently on her mind - Why? Why only now, after several days, did that fact just occur to the fire demon. All monsters in some capacity, can feel the spiritual resin of human males. They'd also be able to tell if a monster has had intercourse with one, no matter how much they've tried to hide it.

Her thoughts, spiraling out of control, were soon cut by her kaiju cohort's gaze. When their eyes met, Vară's being filled with dread. Being different from your average monster, she could only presume that Titanica didn't know this fact. Haley's words weren't helping the situation any more in Vară's favor. For her livelihood and pride, she had to do something.

Um...Haley, maaaaybe we should change the subject yes? W-Why don't we talk about where we can eat after this job's over?

Another thought just occurred in her head as well, did EVERY mamono back at the guild pickup on the scent of Neil on the both of them?




❄️Nagare❄️


@13org @Restalaan

Having listened closely to Freyr's explanation of his past, Nagare could only feel pity for both him and Nera. While the situation was mofe complex that she gave it credit for, Nera's feelings of betrayal and loneliness were easy for Nagare to understand. Perhaps there would be a way for the two to reconcile their differences?

"Um...Ditzy, I don't think it's that simple. Nera's feelings won't mend easily, and also I think it's more that Nera wanted Freyr to stay here in the forest. Ah!" Nagare covered her mouth with both hands and turned to Freyr with apologetic eyes.

Freyr, please forgive me. Not only did I pry into your personal affairs, but I also began speaking out of turn regarding the complex feelings of you and your fellow villagers!" Nagare was keen on picking up on feelings and the state of one's spirit, but not so much with social skills.

Eventually they made their way to Jote's home. The ice dragon was again amazed by the beautiful architecture of the Viera. Jote herself was also quite interesting, Nagare made note of how she didn't seem to look that old despite being an elder. Not surprising, even Jote met them with a piercing glare and cold words.

"Greetings Elder Jote." She replied with a formal bow. "My name is Nagare, an ice dragon from the icy mountains in the far off eastern lands. we have joined Freyr in coming to your village because Freyr wants to discuss his experiences while traveling in the outside world."

In addition, Nagare wanted to find a way for Freyr to mend his relationship with his people. Having been saved by him in battle, she felt obligated to aid him in any way possible.

Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Stern Algorithm
Raw
Avatar of Stern Algorithm

Stern Algorithm Loquacious Aggression

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Vivian & Sylvia Altissima
@PaulHaynek @Lmpkio

Vivian and Sylvia looked up in awe at Morgan's transformation as both realized that they had no idea what kind of monster Morgan was. Having gorwn up more or less among humans, the sisters didn't know a great deal of information about other monsters, let alone ancient, supposedly-extinct species. Despite being told to stay put, the liliraune climbed partway up their little foxhole so they could at least peek above ground to get the lay of the land.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by PaulHaynek
Raw
GM
Avatar of PaulHaynek

PaulHaynek The Roleplayer Nobody Likes

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Recruiting Forde Briar
~@Lmpkio (TCA), @AzureKnight (VRA)~

Um...Haley, maaaaybe we should change the subject yes? W-Why don't we talk about where we can eat after this job's over?
Vară Riemsianne


"Oh, keeping it a secret eh?" Haley chuckled. "I understand, I understand."

Forde then emerged from the tent, looking as happy as a daisy with a skip in his step. "Hahahaaaaaa! Mordus' gone done pissed his pants when he I told him I was with the giant monster outside! Hahahaha!" He slapped his knee. "Anyway, I must thank you girls for this. Here." Forde tossed a small pouch to Haley.

The Siren shook the pouch to hear the clinging of coins. "You ARE going to help out George, right Forde?"

"Of course, of course! No problem, girls!" Forde embarked on his sickly steed. "Now I'm off to find my map!" And with that, the grave robber rode away. As much as he could anyway with such a malnourished ride.

Haley sighed. "Well, at least we got paid. So, do you girls--" She was interrupted when someone emerged from the tent, a man covered in fur clothing with a skull mask on his face. "Wait, are you Mordus?" Haley asked in surprise. Mordus did not answer and upon seeing the transformed Titanica, bolted away in the snow.

The Siren watched Mordus for a moment before resuming. "As I was saying, do you girls wanna get back to the guild or, like what Vară said earlier, find a place to eat first. Maybe get something warm to drink too."



Herbal Medicine 2
~@Lmpkio (MOR), @Stern Algorithm~

Morgan's wave of destruction devastated the furious birds and their slingshots. The moth kaiju's powerful gusts and lightning bolts scattered the avians and a wake of destroyed slingshot contraptions were all that was left.

All of the slingshots were broken before Morgan. All but one which was crewed by a single red bird. The bird, instead of riding the slingshot, put a glass jar of sardines onto the slingshot and fired it. Morgan was too high up in the air for the fishy snack to reach so instead, the jar landed on the hands of Sylvia.

*SQUAWK*


A mighty cry of a great bird was heard. The shadow of a massive creature, far bigger than even the transformed Morgan and shaped like an eagle, blocked the sun and hovered momentarily over the monster girls. The titanic creature then dove, aimed straight at the jar of sardines the Altissima sisters had. Morgan's winds and lightning had no effect on it and the creature crashed onto the moth kaiju but no momentum was lost.

Both the massive eagle creature and the transformed Morgan then crashed into the Altissima sisters.

------

"Morgan! Sylvia! Vivian!"

The trio jolted up to Neil calling out to them. They were outside the apothecary with a blushing but worried Neil beside them. "Are you three alright? You guys burst out of the apothecary screaming about birds. Morgan flew around a bit and Sylvia and Vivian began running for any sort of cover. You know for a plant monster, you guys sure are fast." Neil explained. "I had to stop you from getting too far so... I got covered a little by your nectar." The boy showed his upper body being splashed with Liliraune nectar.

"What happened?" Darren arrived. "What's going on?"

"What's going on?!" Neil was incredulous. "I thought you fixed your drug!"

"Well, it appeared it was going well. We were even talking about international trade at one point."



Liberation At Any Price
~@ShwiggityShwah, @Restalaan (YNG)~

"So what's the plan? We hit their reinforcements? How many we're talking about?"
Yang Bethlehem


"Yes, we will ambush them. The contingent is small but quite formidable, but we have enough numbers to take them on and we have the terrain advantage." Felipe replied.

"And we can offer you a few things to assure your success. Namely, Sonarra is not alone in this."
Ozzy Skyway


"Hahaha! I like your enthusiasm, little girl!" Felipe laughed. "I am curious as to what you can do. Now then, we ride!"

------

Soon Yang and Ozzy were out of Sonarra and into the Varjan countryside. The land was dark and foreboding with bones and skeletons waylaid across the fields. Those that still had flesh left were pecked on by crows or nibbled by rats and other such vermin. Riding alongside was a large group of Sonarran rebels, warriors and horsemen. Their gear resembled Varjan arms heavily, being part of Varjo and all, but fortunately their colors were more light brown than the blood red of Varjo.

Soon, the rebels were at the pass and the Sonarrans have begun digging in and setting up the ambush. Over yonder, in the distant south, Varjo itself could be seen. Its high walls could not hide the dark spires and towers that jutted out of the blasted capital. The place radiated malice, madness and indulgence. A monument of Man surrendering to the devils in their hearts.

Felipe went over to Yang and Ozzy. "Do you two have anything special that can aid us? A little trick up the sleeve that can give us an extra punch in the ambush?"



Laying The Foundations 3
~@BKburke~

"You know, the first monster I saw up close was some kind of plant...flower..thing. It had two people inside it though. That kinda made me toss out any kinda of expectations of what you might look like. I apologize if I stereotyped you in anyway. I didn't mean to do so."
John Clark


"Oh? You met a Liliraune then. They're a monster like an Alraune but with two people inside one flower." Talia realized that that answer was not much and rectified. "Well, an Alraune is a plant monster that usually stays stationary in one flower and secretes nectar that has many uses. Mainly as an aphrodisiac for attracting mates."

"You don't need to worry about taking up my time. As far as taking another request, I'm not really much of a fighter. I practice with all the weapons I make to be sure they are effective and made properly but I dont really fight."
John Clark


"Oh, don't worry. Not all requests require combat. Some just needs you to do one little thing. Some requests even resolve themselves." Talia assured.

You and Talia began laying the framework of the barn with the materials in hand. Some progress was achieved but nothing significant. The day was soon over and you and Talia were done for the moment. Dusk had arrived and the arrival of a wagon brought forth a familiar face, it was Bartholomew Barker, the man who invited you to this guild.

"Bart, welcome back. Have you found a crew to work on the hole?" Talia greeted the guild master.

"Yeah, yeah. They'll be here sometime tomorrow. Maybe in the morning." Bart replied tiredly. Noticing you, he asked. "And who're you supposed to be?"
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by 13org
Raw
Avatar of 13org

13org Stay fresh!

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Freyr


Ditzy and Nagare's words after he told them about his people and Nera still echoed in his mind. Did Nera really want to go with him? Would she abandon the woods and her family, her race just as he did? He never had considered that. Nera had a place in the village now, she was important and respected... Still a Viera at the eyes of the other Viera. No... He was sure it was the other way around. She felt betrayed by what Freyr did. She wanted him to stay, but he left her. Her, the forest, the Viera, the village... he left them all behind. Reconciliation was... unlikely.

Freyr was still a bit lost in his own thoughts when Nagare apologized herself after replying to Ditzy, trying to explain a bit about the situation.

"It's... ok. Don't worry about it. There are a lot of things involved. It's indeed... complicated." Freyr said, with a discreet smile towards Ditzy and Nagare as they kept walking towards Jote's house.

The Vieran Village, in front of Elder Jote's house.


"Elder Jote, This is Ditzy and Nagare." Freyr began, as he greeted her with a discreet, but polite bow as he introduced his companions.

"I know I am not welcome anymore... And that we are outsiders but... The world outside is changing... Please hear us." Freyr said.

Jote heard silently as the group spoke, with a serious expression in her face before she replied them.

"He left the woods and the Viera. He broken the laws of the woods, our laws and traditions that we have been following for centuries." Jote said, looking to Ditzy with a piercing stare. Despite Ditzy's friendly and innocent happiness, it was clear that Jote didn't appreciate outsiders speaking about Viera's traditions and the laws of the woods and trying to contradict her.

"You are all very far from home... Outsiders couldn't possibly understand how we live. The Viera have followed the same laws and traditions, the laws of the woods for centuries. The forest is our home, we never intervened with the outside world and never will." Jote said, her voice making clear that there was no room to discussion about those things.

"Even the woods are changing, Jote. And you know it. I can still hear it's voice. If the Viera don't change their traditions and their way of life, they will be left behind." Freyr said, with a serious tone.

"The Varjans are a threat. To all of us. It's only a matter of time until they come for the Viera. If they come, they will use us as weapons... What will you do when that happens?" Freyr asked, looking to Jote.

"No human would be foolish enough to enter the forest. Despite their greed, no human has ever reached so deeps inside the woods before and it's not now that it will happen. We never did nothing to the humans outside the forest, as such, they have no reason to attack us. I don't know why despite you having left the woods, it still sees you as it's child, as one of the Viera, but our sacred traditions remain the same. You are outsiders, your voices have no weight for us and our village. If you want me to hear you, bring me proof of what you say." Jote said, with a harsh expression before she got inside again.

It was clear that Freyr felt Jote's words, especially the part about his words having no weight in the village. Despite all that, he knew... He knew that she was right...

"She... is right... We are outsiders... Our words carry no weight for Jote herself or the village..." Freyr said, looking down and then looking to Ditzy and Nagare.

"If things continue like this..." Freyr mumbled to himself. It was obvious to both Ditzy and Nagare what it would happen. Even though Jote was the Elder, she refused to change the Viera's traditions and laws or even acknowledge the outside word as a possible threat to their lifestyle.

"I'm sorry to drag you guys to this mess... We should-" Freyr started saying, but suddenly interrupted himself with a clearly alarmed, almost panicked face.

Initially, the reason for that was completely unknown for both Ditzy and Nagare, but a second after that, both of them, even Ditzy who wasn't that sensitive to magic could feel a strange breeze passing through the trees and swirling around Freyr for a moment. It was clear that it wasn't just wind. It had a different type of magic, a different type of energy. If they paid enough attention, It was almost as if the wind and the trees where whispering something as the leaves ruffled and the branches from the gigantic trees moved gently with the breeze.

A second after that, Jote slammed the door open with an equally alarmed expression on her face.

"Nera was... captured." Jote said, her voice trembling with rage.

@AzureKnight @Restalaan
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Restalaan
Raw

Restalaan

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

@PaulHaynek@ShwiggityShwah

Yang Bethlehem

She followed the Sonarrans and their troops, never separating from Ozzy side even as she observed the coat of arms and burning it at the back of her head. Since the majority of their gear looks the same as their enemies.

From the distance, she saw the city of Varjo and frowned at it. It gave off a bad vibe to her senses, a chill went down her spine even as she suppressed it. Still, Yang didn't feel comfortable at all just looking at it so she can't imagine how it'll feel if she actually get inside there.

Yeah, she can understand why Bart doesn't want to tangle with that. She gently ribbed Ozzy sides as she directed his attention to Varjo.

@ShwiggityShwah

"See that? That gives me bad vibes." Yang pointed towards Varjo, trying to restrain her disgust for it. It was completely different from those of her homeland. Sure, there are places where one shouldn't go but none of those places compared to...this. "It makes me sick."

Still, just as their setting up, Felipe approached them and asked what they can. Something that Yang prepared herself.

"Give me a one-handed mace and shield, I'm a fighter. Let me engage their champions, I can defeat or at the very least, stall them out." Yang tapped her fingers, apprehensive since she'll have to restrain herself from using her typical moves but she'll figure a way out.

Yang then turned towards Ozzy, this was his chance to do...whatever he hopes to do.

---

@13org@AzureKnight

Ditzy Stoneclub

Ditzy frowned and pouted his mouth at Jote words, but kept quiet to the side as Freyr interacted with her.

Hearing the conclusion of the Jote words, Ditzy crossed his arms in frustration even as he stuck his tongue out. Not liking her at all and feeling quite mad at her for insulting Freyr.

When Freyr seemed to respond in a despondent tone, it just fueled Ditzy more to prove her wrong.

"No, we're gonna show that Freyr was correct!" He hotly said to Freyr, taking the two of them by surprised as the usual happy go lucky Ditzy was actually mad. When asked on how, he pointed a finger to a far distance. "We're gonna bring a Varjo that wants to burn this forest down, and put him in front of her! We'll bring a fat one too if she wants weight!"

Despite having the right intentions, his method was completely in the wrong place.

Though that's when Ditzy felt something, he can't explain what it was but the breeze felt weird to him. The trees, leaves, and branches also gave out a weird vibe to him.

When that was finished, the Jote came out and informing them that Nera was captured. That got his attention since that look reminded him of parents that can't find their children.

"We need to find her then. Ditzy will help." Ditzy said to Freyr urgently.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by BKburke
Raw
Avatar of BKburke

BKburke

Member Seen 1 hr ago

@PaulHaynek

"Oh? You met a Liliraune then. They're a monster like an Alraune but with two people inside one flower." Talia realized that that answer was not much and rectified. "Well, an Alraune is a plant monster that usually stays stationary in one flower and secretes nectar that has many uses. Mainly as an aphrodisiac for attracting mates."


John never really let his thoughts dwell on the plant creature up until this moment. John was still rather uncomfortable with monsters and while he didn't have much of a problem with Talia because she looked rather normal except for the eye. The plant thing on the other hand did not. Bringing up the aphrodisiac, something John did not know about, only made him more uncomfortable about her and it showed in his facial expressions. Is that so? Well...ok then. John didn't really have any other response that he could think other than to show how uncomfortable he was about the situation. He made a mental note that he should likely try to avoid her as not to fall under any kind of effect.

John would do his best to push his thoughts back and get to work on building the barn. It wouldn't take long for John to get lost in his work.

As the day came to an end, he gazed upon their unfinished product. He layed down on a soft spot of grass and and crossed his arms behind his head. It looks good for not being down yet. In my experience, the foundation is usually the biggest pain to deal with but now that we have that out of the way, things should go smooth.

It took John a minute to notice that Bart had approached. John stood up and brushed his pants when he heard Bart as him who he was supposed to be. John looked a little puzzled when he was asked.I'm John. We met several days ago. You said you heard about my talents through an artisans guild. John paused for a moment. While he wasnt exactly surprised he had been forgotten, it was only a few days ago.It'sall good, makes sense. Uhm...I was testing my glove when you approached and it exploded. The blast sent me back several feet. You laughed for a full minute.

John was slightly upset he had to reveal that information in front of Talia but it was the most memorable moment between Bart and John.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Stern Algorithm
Raw
Avatar of Stern Algorithm

Stern Algorithm Loquacious Aggression

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Vivian & Sylvia Altissima
@PaulHaynek @Lmpkio

The sisters blinked in confusion, but Sylvia came to her senses first, "That 'Huwana' is NOT fit for consumption! No wonder the Alchemist Guild banned it! Hell! I'd revoke your apothecary's license if I could! Did you even test it on non-sentient animals first?"

"Now, now, Sylvia," Vivian tried to calm her sister down, "It's okay, none of us was hurt in the end. It was just a bad dream."

"DON'T. TALK. TO. ME. ABOUT. DREAMS!" Sylvia shot back, trying not to consider the existential ramifications of them being part of a communal psychic experience. But then, another concerning detail hit her. What Neil had said. She turned to him suddenly, "Neil! Take off your clothes!"
1x Like Like
Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by ShwiggityShwah
Raw
Avatar of ShwiggityShwah

ShwiggityShwah Good Diet, Sleep, Excercise, and Leeches

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

"Do you two have anything special that can aid us? A little trick up the sleeve that can give us an extra punch in the ambush?"


Ozzy stood up. Seemingly from under the folds of 'her' robes to hide her form she spread her wings and and flapped them once or twice. "Aside from any tactical advantage I can come up with, my initial plan if all went well is to come in high. Determining a leader should be easy among the rabble. Once the ambush is sprung I can swoop down and catch any officers. I'll only need to carry him twenty or so feet up before dropping them. Removing leadership should turn any disciplined unit into a heedless mob. Rinse and repeat..." Ozzy just had to hope they used horses usually a dead give away. "If you need assist with spying I can do that too."

If they were satisfied, they would ride out, Ozzy constantly looking at the terrain. They said they had the advantage and these rolling hills can provide some concealment. He hoped it wasnt over open ground... "Do we have eyes on the fort they are reinforcing!?" she asked Felipe with a shout. "They might ride out and pincer us if they get a message through!" Just informing the eager commander, he certainly had alot of faith in his men.

"See that? That gives me bad vibes. "It makes me sick."


Riding with Yang she told him how it made her sick. She nodded, a soft gulp. "Me too." She continued. "And this is why I'm worried. I don't want that happening here... I know this ambush will lead to a swift and hard reprisal but if its decisive enough, the Varjo may stall, give some of the people hope." He breathed outward, trying to calm his nerves. "There is no way such evil can exist... Not if we're willing to do something about it." He wondered how someone like a dragon or Titanica would fair... they would be targetted no doubt if they unleash their true power. A harpy and a human though... slinking back into obscurity, it was the safest choice. He could only hope they made the difference.

When they got to their point, Ozzy would dismount. "I'll scout ahead, give us a bit of warning." She looked to Yang. "Be safe..." If anything happened, it'd be his fault.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by AzureKnight
Raw
Avatar of AzureKnight

AzureKnight Blade of the Eastern Sky

Member Seen 1 day ago

🔥Vară Riemsianne🔥


Forde soon emerged from the tent, cheerfully laughing to himself. He though a small pouch to Haley, the clinging sounds identified the pouch as the party's payment. Finally, she thought, the whole trek through the wilderness wasn't for nothing. After leaving to find his map, Haley asked if the group should head back or follow Vară's suggestion to get some food.

"After all the walking, I really could use the recharge. Um...I imagine you wouldn't mind having a bite either, Titanica?" She said, still a little nervous that Titanica didn't revert back to her human form.

Ahem, at any rate, what I'm not looking forward to is the long walk back home. Haley, I don't suppose you saw any quicker, less...rough pathways while flying to us?"




❄️Nagare❄️


It seemed that Jote would not be convinced of the danger of Varjo without prove. Freyr began to speak as though he was losing hope, much to the dismay of the ice dragon. However, before she could speak, Ditzy made an outburst saying that they would go as far as to bring a Varjan soldier to the forest with them.

"Ditzy..." She felt that his words may have been out of place, but deep down she felt the same way. Her thoughts were soon interrupted by a strange wind. The magic Nagare felt from the swaying trees sounded almost like a message. This was later confirmed by Jote, who hastily made her way back in the room, a dreadful expression on her face. To everyone's fear, Nera was captured.

"What? No, we have...we have to help her!" Nagare turned to Freyr with a critical look in her eye. Not only did she want to save Freyr's childhood friend as quickly as possible, but she also wanted to know who else beside themselves could have gotten this far in the forest. It didn't make sense...right now.
Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by 13org
Raw
Avatar of 13org

13org Stay fresh!

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Freyr


Passed the initial shock, Jote's expression quickly changed from alarmed to enraged.

"Nera is very well trained! For someone to capture her..." Jote said, clenching her fists.

"You wanted me to believe in you before, Freyr. This is your chance. As the Elder, I can't leave the village and it would take some time to gather the Wood Warders. You can still hear the voice of the woods, follow her and she will show you the way." Jote said. Despite her trying to keep calm, it was clear that she was extremely irritated. Not only with the fact that someone dared not only to invade the Vieran Woods, but to go as far as to capture a Viera.

After dismissing the group to their mission, Jote started giving orders to the two guards that were in front of her house, telling them to warn the Spellweavers to fortify the Village's barriers and illusion spells. In most other places, a single incident, like a villager being killed by bandits or captured would be brushed off as bad luck or something, but to the Vieras, for whom the concept of 'war' was almost an alien one, it was most certainly something to be worried about.

"Thank you, Ditzy, Nagare. We should hurry, but please keep your guards up... I have a bad feeling about this..." Freyr said before the group left the village in a hurry.

The Vieran Woods


This time, both Ditzy and Nagare were able to feel the forest's intentions clearly. Instead of whispering or talking to the Vieras like it normally did, it was almost as it was trying to guide them all and not just Freyr. A strange, mystical breeze carrying many tree leaves, both dead and alive pointed the way, surprisingly enough, instead of pointing further inside the forest, it was clear that they were going towards one of it's borders as the vegetation started to get less dense and the mystical feeling they had when deep inside the woods became weaker.

Somehow, it seemed that the forest changed it's initial thoughts regarding both Ditzy and Nagare. From those who had stolen one of it's children from her to those who wanted to protect the forest as well.

As they followed the strange wind, Nagare started feeling a rather strange magic coming from further ahead in the forest. It wasn't Vieran magic. In comparison to it, it was much more... rough and crude but undoubtedly it had more raw power. It seemed like the type of magic humans would use.

After running through the forest for a little while, the group finally arrived on a clearing on the forest. To Nagare, it was obvious that the strange magic energy was strong there. As they entered the clearing, they finally found what they were looking for...

It was Nera, kneeling down, motionless exactly in the center of a runic barrier. Inside the barrier, surrounding Nera there were around four dead corpses wearing full, heavy sets of armor that were known to be used by soldiers from Varjo. Notably, their armors were almost tore to pieces like it was nothing. Holes and big claw marks were apparent, revealing their flesh inside. The barrier, made of a strange, gray energy surrounded Nera, forming a dome of around 2m in diameter. On the very borders of that barrier, five dark crystal fragments were stuck on the ground, each one of them was engraved with many runes and magical symbols, glowing with a slightly red tint.

Nagare would clearly notice that the strange magic power was strong in the area around the barrier, but strangely enough, she would also notice that somehow it was coming not only from the crystals forming the barrier, but from a few points behind them as well. Before Nagare could warn the group though, a second barrier trapped them inside the clearing.

"Ohoho~ Wow. You guys keep making my job easier and easier!" A strange voice, who seemed to be genuinely entertained with the scene in front of him said, coming from outside of the barrier.

When the group turned around to where the sound came from, they saw a transparent silhouette, distorting the light as moved, coming out from behind a tree.

"First that Viera woman comes by herself to try and spy on us, now this?" he said, almost as if he was happy by Freyr, Ditzy and Nagare coming.

"I never would've thought that you guys would fall for the very same trap your other Viera friend fell for!" The man said, laughing as he finally revealed himself.

"You know... I gotta give it to you rabbit man, your village is ridiculously hard to even get inside... Illusions, barriers and the whole damn forest seems to want to kill me... Not counting on how capable your warriors are... For a 'peaceful' race, you guys sure know how to kill, huh? It took me quite a while... and quite a few disposable soldiers... to realize that with the help of a certain crystal and a few runic spells, I could become pretty much undetectable to whatever is this strange energy around the forest. Plus, they can be used to make this little barrier as well!" The man said, walking around them from outside the barrier, with an arrogant smirk on his face.

"What have you done with Nera?" Freyr asked, hissing towards the man as he ran towards the center of the clearing, where the barrier Nera was trapped inside was.

Just as he had said, while inside the barrier, neither one of you could feel the strange energy you were feeling when inside the forest. It was just... empty. No energy, no breeze, no birds... nothing.

"Don't worry, she is alive. Just not quite... herself. Uh oh... I wouldn't do that if I were you..." The man said, clearly amused with how desperate Freyr was trying to break the crystals and free Nera.

The moment Freyr succeeded though, Nera immediately got up on all fours, immediately pouncing on him, grabbing his head and hitting it full force against the ground, immediately making him unconscious. Her expression was completely different from the Viera Ditzy and Nagare had seen before. She was snarling, almost growling with a feral expression. Her muscles were tense and her movements were far less 'graceful', but far more feral, agile and powerful than before.

"Ouch! I told you... I'm surprised, but a bit disappointed that he is still alive though... I'm glad that I'm outside the barrier and not in there with you two though..." the strange man said, looking to both Ditzy and Nagare with a chuckle.

"It is indeed just as King Joshua said. Vierans are really... intriguing... He will be interested to know that his little theory turned out to be true... Despite being animals, their kind will be useful to us in Varjo... As weapons." the man said, chuckling with the same arrogant smirk on his face.

"Now if you excuse me, I do have some interesting things to tell King Joshua... My time is short, but I sure would like to see you three getting brutally killed by your Viera friend. Well... I'm pretty sure there will be a lot more opportunities..." The strange man finished, laughing as his body started to become transparent once more before he started calmly walking away from the forest. Even though you could still see the distortion in the light it was produced when he walked, the wild animals and the forest seemed to completely ignore him.

Regarding the strange barrier around Ditzy and Nagare, they would immediately notice that the crystals were far larger than the ones from the small barrier that was keeping Nera trapped a few moments ago. Breaking them wouldn't be an easy task. But Nagare would also notice that she would be able to interfere with the crystals' magic by using her own magic to create a hole in the barrier, just enough to Ditzy to reach them and break them freeing them from that prison.

But before thinking that, they had other, more urgent issues to solve... Nera, still in a frenzy was now looking straight at Ditzy and Nagare, abandoning Freyr's unconscious body on the ground. Trapped inside the barrier, you two have only one choice. Either kill or somehow incapacitate Nera. As the feral Viera looked straight towards the ones who were still conscious, you would be able to see burn marks and charred scars on her body, going straight through her clothes. Nagare would easily recognize those markings as runes and magic symbols, made to imbue magic into whatever they were graved into. Unlike how they were normally used, in objects, that man from a while ago had the twisted idea to use a branding iron to burn those magic symbols on Nera's very flesh. Upon seeing that, it was clear that the state Nera was into right now was the same 'frenzied state' Freyr had mentioned a while ago, when Vieras were exposed to too much magic.

After analyzing the two for a brief second, the time to think was finally over as Nera ran towards Ditzy and Nagare with an unbelievable speed.

@AzureKnight @Restalaan
1x Like Like
Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by Lmpkio
Raw
Avatar of Lmpkio

Lmpkio Kaiju Expert

Member Seen 1 hr ago



With Forde finally revealing himself from the tent, the skiddish boy threw a bag of gold towards Haley's way and accepted to join their cause - well, after he finds his map that is. Titanica didn't expect this all to go down so easily and quick as it did, yet nonetheless they had completed their mission. She doesn't have to see his wretched face for a long while.

As they proceeded to move along, Mordus came out of the tent only to come face to face with Titanica's bestial form. Frightened by her presence, he darted into the snow and vanished behind the conifers. The titan snorted bluntly, with hot steam exhaling from her nostrils, before Haley asked both her and Vãra whether they wanted to eat something first before they head back to the guild.

"I wouldn't mind." she replied as she lifted her massive weight from her resting position, before at last returning to her human form.





The birds was no match for the sheer might and size of Morgan's moth form, as they merely bounced off her body like rubber balls. Morgan kept up the assault, using her wings in an attempt to blow the troublesome avians and her lightning to bring ruin against their colossal sling-shots. At this rate, she was sure that the effects of the hallucinogens will be rid of and that they'll be able to be back in consciousness shortly...

But then she heard it. A massive squawk rumbled through the air with menacing intent. Morgan froze as she saw a dark shadow cast over her and the two Altissima sisters. Whatever was approaching them was many times bigger than then, even for a giant moth titan like herself. It was another avian, however one that resembled what her clan knew as "Eagles". At first, she almost confused it for another fellow titan, but in a dream-world as bizarre as this one, it would be too good to be true. The bird was primed at her position, rushing with surprising speed and power behind it.

"Uh-Oh."

In a split-second of instinctual panic, Morgan's titanic wings spread out in all directions. And in a valiant cry, her body exploded into a massive orb of light, spreading her god-like rays across the entire battlefield before the eagle collided with her. And then...

Silence.

||-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||


"Morgan! Sylvia! Vivian!"

Aside from the deafening ringing that rattled through her skull, Morgan slowly opened her eyes to hear shouting coming close by. It was coming from Neil. She slowly rose alongside the Altissima sisters, already feeling a mighty headache stabbing her petite head like knives. He explained how they were flying all over the place and commented on how fast they were, before stating how he tried to stop them from getting hurt.

Soon the doctor arrived on the scene and more commotion rang around the laboratory. Neil and the head scientist were arguing about the situation, with the former being seemingly oblivious and non-concerned about what had happened. Sylvia meanwhile was already threatening the scientist for his incompetence.

"That 'Huwana' is NOT fit for consumption! No wonder the Alchemist Guild banned it! Hell! I'd revoke your apothecary's license if I could! Did you even test it on non-sentient animals first?"

Morgan finally rose to her feet, feeling a little wobbly in her knees, but was able to stand. She finally understood why the guild had banned the substance. She faced the others with a tired expression, before she spoke her part regarding this entire event.

"This hallucinogenic substance is similar to an herb my tribe would use to speak with our ancestors." she reminisced softly, "We called it "Cosmidust". If consumed correctly, while directly supervised with a shaman, we could enter a realm beyond the mortal plane of existence and speak to past relatives and respected members of our clan. But if it's improperly consumed, one would instead proceed to embark on a terrible trip in terrifying visions and nightmarish scenarios. If not held down by the people in the room, they are at risk of accidentally killing themselves, even willingly in some cases."

She then frowned before turning to the doctor.

"It was NEVER to be used for medical consumption of any kind," Morgan boldly claimed, her voice becoming amplified somewhat by a mysterious force, "Let alone be used by mortal minds alone. And this substance you call 'Huwana' is far more potent than 'Cosmidust' in its entirety!"

She then approached a table close to her, hopping on a chair, before taking the incense burner that seemed to contain this substance.

"And you call this an 'anesthetic'?" she asked sternly, her presence continuing to amplify significantly as she showed him the burner. "How shameless! If you were truly a doctor, you would be well aware of its harmful effects. And the implications! Do you know how many lives would perish under your hands if used irresponsibly?!"
1x Like Like
Hidden 1 mo ago 1 mo ago Post by PaulHaynek
Raw
GM
Avatar of PaulHaynek

PaulHaynek The Roleplayer Nobody Likes

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

~@Lmpkio (TCA), @AzureKnight (VRA)~

Ahem, at any rate, what I'm not looking forward to is the long walk back home. Haley, I don't suppose you saw any quicker, less...rough pathways while flying to us?"
Vară Riemsianne


"Nope. Sorry." Haley sadly replied. "We gotta take the path we took to get back. But hey, at least we'll get a bite first before we take the long walk."

------

Haley led Vară and Titanica to the town of Ambran, ignoring the wary stares the three monster girls received from the citizens of the neutral town. There, they used some of their reward money to get themselves a hot, delicious meal to counter the brutal chill they experienced in Coldstep Pass. "Ahhh, that hits the spot." The Siren slouched on her seat.

"Ah, excuse me, ladies." A mysterious figure approached the monster girls' table. The voice was undeniably male and his attire consisted of armor worn under obscuring robes and hood. His voice was soft and charming, which would make him either more trustworthy or the opposite. "You are from The Guild, yes?"

"Yes, we are. Can we do anything for you, sir?" Haley dutifully replied.

"No, nothing of the sort. I'm just a... curious man." He replied quite suspiciously. "I'm a... newcomer to this area and in my time staying here, I've been hearing about the exploits of a... guild here. As a curious man, I wanted to find more about this guild. So now that I have found you, who are you guys exactly?" The mysterious knight asked.

"By the way, for your trouble, I'll pay for the food. Sound like a deal?"



Herbal Medicine 2
~@Lmpkio (MOR), @Stern Algorithm~

"That 'Huwana' is NOT fit for consumption! No wonder the Alchemist Guild banned it! Hell! I'd revoke your apothecary's license if I could! Did you even test it on non-sentient animals first?"
Sylvia Altissima


"And you call this an 'anesthetic'? How shameless! If you were truly a doctor, you would be well aware of its harmful effects. And the implications! Do you know how many lives would perish under your hands if used irresponsibly?!"
Morgan


"Hey now, no need to get hostile." Darren put his hands up, attempting to diffuse the situation. "Look on the bright side. We've revealed that my drug needs more improvements and adjustments for monsters. For that, I am grateful to your guild." He made a polite bow. "Here, like I promised. For your troubles." He handed a small pouch to Neil. The reward money. "Now then, there's work to do!"

With that, Darren went back inside his apothecary presumably to continue developing his questionable anesthetic. Neil shook his head from exhaustion and fluster. "Well, he pays well. I can give him that." He gave the pouch a weak toss upward and back to his hand.

The quest was over. The guild members can either head back to the headquarters or go somewhere else.

"Neil! Take off your clothes!"
Sylvia Altissima


"Huh?! What-- Why?" Neil looked at his nectar-soaked clothes. "Oh, don't worry about it. I'd rather be soaked than naked. I'll change back at the guild."



Liberation At Any Price
~@ShwiggityShwah, @Restalaan (YNG)~

"Give me a one-handed mace and shield, I'm a fighter. Let me engage their champions, I can defeat or at the very least, stall them out."
Yang Bethlehem


"Aside from any tactical advantage I can come up with, my initial plan if all went well is to come in high. Determining a leader should be easy among the rabble. Once the ambush is sprung I can swoop down and catch any officers. I'll only need to carry him twenty or so feet up before dropping them. Removing leadership should turn any disciplined unit into a heedless mob. Rinse and repeat... If you need assist with spying I can do that too."
Ozzy Skyway


"Ah, you are battlefield assassins, eh? Good, good." Felipe replied. "You shall have the weapons you ask for." He told Yang. "And we are glad to have you with us, Miss Harpy. The strength of monsters is always welcome." He told Ozzy.

"Do we have eyes on the fort they are reinforcing!? They might ride out and pincer us if they get a message through!"
Ozzy Skyway


"Don't worry, ate! The fort is pretty far from where we will ambush them. No message will get through."

------

Ozzy scouted ahead and spotted the Varjan contingent. They were not large but they were filled with warriors armored in the dark, bulky steel that was the standard of Varjo's regular warriors. There were several, though, that wore little more than fur pelts and leather, looking a lot like the rebels. At the fore was an orange-haired woman with seemingly impractical armor and wielding an axe and shield. However, she appeared as fierce as the warriors behind her and was no doubt the leader.

Ozzy relayed this information back to the rebels who took appropriate positions behind rocks and outcrops that dot the stony landscape, ready to spring the ambush. Once the Varjan force was in prime position, the ambush was sprung. "SUGOD MGA KAPATID!" Felipe yelled as the rebels charged.

The sounds of axes and shields hitting each other filled the air as the Varjans and the rebels clashed. The Varjan leader cleaved rebels left and right, spraying her exposed skin with blood. She laughed as she roared, bullying some of the rebels in them middle of battle. It was time for Yang and Ozzy to get to work.



~@BKburke~

I'm John. We met several days ago. You said you heard about my talents through an artisans guild. It'sall good, makes sense. Uhm...I was testing my glove when you approached and it exploded. The blast sent me back several feet. You laughed for a full minute.


Bart's mood lightened as he began to remember. "Ahhh, yes. The exploding glove. Yes, that was hilarious." He reminisced. Talia was silent as if she was wary of the guild master.

"You're John... Clark! Yeah, Clark." Bart remembered your name. "Welcome to The Guild, friend. Yeah, it's called 'The Guild'. I don't know what was going inside my members' heads when they thought up the idea but we went along with it." He said. "Come inside, come inside and we can get comfy while we talk."

"I'll be back at the forge then. I'll see you two later." Talia dismissed herself.

Bart said nothing as the Cyclops left. "So then John! What have you been up to lately?" He asked while you and him entered the guild hall.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Restalaan
Raw

Restalaan

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

@PaulHaynek

Yang Bethlehem

After seeing Ozzy coming down and relaying what he saw to them, she nodded as he quickly got him to her side.

@ShwiggityShwah

"Alright then, you seem to have smart thinking." Yang patted his head gently, her face looking like a stone as her focus was already towards preparing herself for combat. "I'll leave it to you on where and how to intervene if needed."

"I'll see if I can take on their leader." With that, no other words was exchanged as Yang waited patiently for their target to reach them. When they did, Yang crouched low enough like a tiger hiding in the foliages.

From there, she sighted her quarry and noted the size as well as weapons. Good thing she decided to borrow some weapons, it'll make things easier and harder for them to track her.

As the battle started, Yang remained in her position for a bit longer. To ensure that the leader doesn't see her instantly.

She took a calm look at the unfolding battlefield and continued her controlled breathing. Her vision was at its widest angle from her position and she was nearly able to see all of the movement.

Now. She thought to herself, dropping herselfs among the chaos. Her movement seems to almost bend around people as she moved past them like a snake.

The moment she's within ten feet of her target, Yang suppressed all thoughts from her head. Going in as if nothing but clear conscious in her and to hide her bloodlust.

Once she was at two feet apart, that's when her entire body sprung into action and the very air whistled as she fell onto her enemy like a panther. Yang aimed a blow straight to female leader head and helmet, with controlled might but unparallel speed.

She didn't aim to kill, but aim to concuss instead. Yang was after all still a monk after all.

---

@13org@AzureKnight

Ditzy Stoneclub

Looks like Mister Forest really want us to get Nera. Ditzy idly thought in between as he followed Freyr and Nagare, he was at the tail end of the group but it seem that his surroundings was quite eager in helping him, that he hadn't tripped at all.

Maybe I should be careful next time in how I touch the forest and plants? He wondered if that's possible since stepping on grass kind of hurts them? It makes no sense, the most he can do is to be careful.

After a while, they finally slowed to a stop and Ditzy peered from the sides to see what's going on.

"Is she sleeping?" Ditzy asked as he saw Nera kneeling down with her eyes closed. He wondered if the rest of the other four person is sleeping too, and there's a weird smell in the air.

Isn't that smell when things become bad? Ditzy was too busy wondering about it to notice that there's another barrier forming behind them, and was merely perplexed at this as he looked backward before looking at Nera again.

The kidnapper must been those four, that's what Ditzy deduced until a new voice appeared.

Ditzy frowned heavily and felt immense dislike just by looking at this new person's face, not even Jote prompted this bad of a response to him.

"That's the face of a bad person." Ditzy pointed a finger to the new intruder and promptly looked around for a rock or stone to lob him with. There's no need to discuss things with people like that.

So much so, Ditzy was brought out of his labor only when Nera had jumped onto Freyr, knocking the rabbit man unconscious. When Nera turned to look at them, Ditzy was reminded of how those big boars used to look at him or how mom sometimes looks at dad.

Ditzy dropped the sandbag he carried,spat at both of his hand, rubbed it and widened his stance, lowering himself with arms outstretched.

Ditzy smiled widely at Nera. "Let's play! Let's play!"

He didn't know why, but animals seems to always get more worked up at him when he smiled. Perhaps they understood what he meant?

Ditzy dove forward instead of retreating, catching Nera off-guard and deliver a heavy blow by a headbutt straight into Nera's stomach. His mismatched-horns weren't sharp as Magnus and by comparison, is very dull.

Should Nera be hit:

Ditzy arms wrapped around Nera own arms and body, bringing it into a chokehold as the momentum brought both of them to the ground.

After a rough landing, she was quickly pinned to the ground by Ditzy as he held onto her lower body much how like a child will hold onto their mother.

A Viera was strong, no doubt about it, more so when one's enraged after being fed by strong mana.

That meant little to hob-goblins in a contest of strength, a race that had evolved its strength and physical enhancements so much to the point that their intelligence suffered for it. A race that can contest even Minotaurs and Ogres despite their diminutive size.

And Ditzy, was considered to be a monster even by his own race standards. The latter keeping a quiet face as he focused to only hold her down and not break her spine in half.

Nera finds herself unable to break free at all, evident as despite the immense trashing and furious struggle to break free, Ditzy arms were like a vice clamp. Though Nera legs and foot will able to find purchase on land and stand up, if she recovered quickly.

Nagare was to be left with solving the situation by herself as Ditzy had his hands full.

1x Like Like
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Stern Algorithm
Raw
Avatar of Stern Algorithm

Stern Algorithm Loquacious Aggression

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Vivian & Sylvia Altissima
@PaulHaynek @Lmpkio

"Do you know what Alraune nectar does to humans, especially men?" Both sisters cried out in alarm at Neil, and pushed themselves over using their vines, all four hands trying to grab at Neil's clothing to disrobe him. Having been raised among humans, and by parents who understood their nature, Vivian and Sylvia were taught the potency of their nectar and were taught to never let it get on humans, especially boys, except in extremely small quantities, in which it could be used for medicinal and dietary purposes. They were raised, for the most part, with human concepts of decency and didn't want any shameful or humiliating acts to occur based on the seductive intoxication of their nectar, so they frantically tried to prevent the aphrodisiac effects of taking hold of Neil. Suddenly, Vivian got an idea, "Morgan! You know what my nectar does, right? Help me undress Neil!"
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by PaulHaynek
Raw
GM
Avatar of PaulHaynek

PaulHaynek The Roleplayer Nobody Likes

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

~@Stern Algorithm~

"What? Hey!"

Neil resisted the Altissima sisters' attempt to pin him and remove his clothes. "Stop it, you two!" Sylvia and Vivian were monsters so their combined strength could easily overpower the human boy. But desperation granted Neil some hidden strength and he was able to put up somewhat of a defense. "Get back!" He thrust his hands forward to push the Altissima sisters away from him.

His hands, however, found some interesting areas to place themselves unto. In Neil's grasp were one of each of the Altissima sisters' breasts. The boy's beet-red face became even redder as he realized what he had done. He appeared to savor the touch for a moment before scrambling back in panic. "I-I-I-I-I'm sorry! I-I-I-I didn't meant to! I swear!" Neil immediately begged for forgiveness.

"It was-- It was an accident! I swear! I'm sorry!"



Liberation At Any Price
~@Restalaan (YNG)~

Your strike was true and hit the Varjan leader on the head, stopping her from dropping her axe at a knocked down rebel. Her helmet was knocked off and was sent reeling for a bit.

But she recovered and with her rage renewed, she retaliated with a swing from her axe. Its reach was too long for you to back away from so you have to duck to evade it. However, the swing was followed with an uppercut with a shield and you were in prime position to get hit by it. You were sent to the ground and the Varjan leader prepared for a powerful downward swing.
Hidden 1 mo ago 1 mo ago Post by AzureKnight
Raw
Avatar of AzureKnight

AzureKnight Blade of the Eastern Sky

Member Seen 1 day ago

🔥Vară Riemsianne🔥


@PaulHaynek @Lmpkio

Doing her best to hide the tears that began forming up under her eyes, Vară reluctantly joined her companions on the long track back home. Thankfully, everyone was in agreement of stopping some where to get food. Haley had led them to a tavern at a local town called Ambran. Once there they used some of their payment to enjoy some nice food and drink to recharge after the excursion at Coldstep Pass. Vară barely paid attention to her surroundings while enjoying the dessert items on the menu. While walking through town beforehand, she did notice the odd looks the locals where giving them, she guessed that in this supposedly neutral town they weren't used to seeing mamono here. She didn't let it bother her, though, she was just glad to be back within civilization again.

Aside from the on lookers, even her comrades may give her a strange glance at all of the spices she was putting on her sweets-filled plate. But, at this point she was too busy stuffing her face to care. However, her attention was suddenly piqued by the charming voice of a cloaked figure. She quickly turned to see an estranged man, his face hidden by an obscuring hood, though shrouded in traveling robes she could see the armor the man wore under.

This man had heard of The Guild, Wait, THAT'S what it's called?, she thought to herself. He wanted to chat for a little bit and even offered to pay for their meal. Hearing that someone heard of and was impressed by the actions of her and her guild further lifted her spirits, and leaving her tab to someone else sounded even better. For better or for worse, Vară decided to indulge the traveler.

"Greetings and salutations fair traveler. Brace yourself, for you now stand in the presence of none other than Vară Riemsianne, heir to the esteemed Riemsianne clan of noble fire demons." She said with a boisterous tone. It doesn't surprise me that your ears have caught wind of our doings, any group that I am a part of can only expect greatness to follow!"

"However...", she continued, "I do believe it is proper etiquette to introduce yourself before asking various questions. Tell me sir, what would your name be and what has brought you to these lands?"




❄️Nagare❄️


@13org @Restalaan

Nagare promptly followed her comrades to find Nera. At this point, Nagare could clearly hear the forest's voice, it was leading them to where Nera was last and it bade to save her. What really worried her was the strange, rough feeling magic she was beginning to sense as they went deeper into the seas of trees. It definitely wasn't of this area, it felt like the magic that humans use. At that thought, Nagare began to worry that their worst fears have come to pass. After reaching a clearing, they find Nera trapped in what appeared to be some sort of magical barrier. Nera was surrounded by slain soldiers who Nagare immediately recognized as Varjan soldiers. She also noticed that Nera wasn't quite herself, what with the sigils imbued on her body and her snarling like a rabid dog. "It's true, they really have come. But, how did they find their way into the forest? Nagare grimaced to herself. She analyzed the barrier for a moment.

It was a roughly 20m grayish dome that had surrounded Nera and the corpses. On fives sides on the ends of the barrier, dark crystals engraved with red runes could be seen. Nagare, and Freyr as well, deduced those must be the source of the barriers. However, she began to sense magic forming up from behind them, but before she could warn her friends they themselves were also trapped in a barrier as well. At that point a man who had the look of a mage appeared before them. His demeanor and tone of voice were enough to identify him as a villain, a fact that he confirmed himself when he explained that he and a squadron of soldiers infiltrated the forest. Through his ramblings, it was revealed that he also was the one who did this to Nera and that he was able to find a way to move around the forest undetected. That explains how he was able to come so deep in the forest!

Ditzy pointed at the man saying he had the face of a bad person, and he began finding something to throw at him. "Who are you?! Release us at once and restore Nera to normal!" Demanded the ice dragon. Unsurprisingly it seems that her words fell on deaf ears. The man was pleased with what he had done and had muttered something about using Vieras as weapons and reporting back to his king. He also stated that he wised he could have stayed to see them all get killed by Nera.

Freyr, who unsuccessfully tried to break the crystals, was beaten to a bloody pulp by the feral Nera. She tend turned to Ditzy and Nagare as her next prey. The runes on her body glowed with an eerie light as saliva snarled from her lips. No longer the noble warrior they had met prior, she was nothing more than a savage predator fueled by primal instinct. Ditzy put down his sandbag and taunted Nera into rushing him. "Ditzy, what are you doing? Why would-" Her words were cut short by Nera blinding advance, she was already practically at the hobgoblin's throat.

One thing was clear to Nagare, they needed to find a way out of the barrier. Freyr's brute force couldn't get the job done, but Nagare thought that perhaps her ice magic could. Freyr was still unconscious, much to her dismay. If anyone would be able to calm her down, he had the best chance of doing so. However, right now all she could do was hopefully make a hole in the barrier long enough for either her or Ditzy to get through and destroy the crystals that formed their prison.

"Ditzy, I'm going to see if my ice attacks can make a hole in this barrier. If so, I'll try to destroy the crystals from the outside. Please, be careful!" At those words, Nagare once again entered into her true dragon form. She thought it would be more effective to start off strong, she needed to make this hole as quickly as possible.

With that in mind, she fired a massive blast of frost, hoping that it would disrupt the flow of energy coming from the pillars and create a distortion large enough to jump through.
1x Like Like
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by ShwiggityShwah
Raw
Avatar of ShwiggityShwah

ShwiggityShwah Good Diet, Sleep, Excercise, and Leeches

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Interactions With: @PaulHaynek@Restalaan



Ozzy figured there'd be a leader in the middle of the crowd, or the back, not out in front. Their champion. In front. Dammit, he wanted to get some swipes in. His boots were off his feet now. They acted more like sandles and he could grasp with them on but he needed full range of motion, full grip in order to seize a struggling warrior. The battle was called and he took a deep breath, his whip at his hip. While the group looked on at the rampaging forces, he centered on one who pointed and shouted.

It was easy to fly in, his form falling like a falcon before his legs reached out, talons ready to snag him. He thanked the gods for the wings of the harpies as each man was almost 240 lbs with all that armor on. He grabbed a sergeant right off his horse and with a mighty heave was airborn again. The soldier barely had a moment to react before Ozzy let him go, letting him tumble into the back of his comrades.

Rinse... and repeat...

But he didn't take long before he knew he had to go after the red headed woman, and to his surprise, Yang was already embroiled in combat. The hulking brute had Yang on the backfoot with axe and sheild. Ozzy had to even the playing field. While the leader held her axe high with a cleave, a claw stopped her from behind, claws capable of lifting a man off the ground now grasped under the heft halting the downward swing. His other claw however reached towards her head, though more realistically, it would paw her head and then clench, rending claws across her face. Ozzy was attempting to injure her eyes, maybe blind her or atleast distract her so that Yang could get the upper hand again.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by 13org
Raw
Avatar of 13org

13org Stay fresh!

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

The Vieran Woods




Ditzy Stoneclub



Ditzy's maneuver caught Nera by surprise, the frenzied Viera wasn't expecting him to tackle her head on. Unfortunately, even though he was stronger than the feral Nera, she was still more agile, being able to successfully dodge his first blow, but due to the speed she pounced towards him though, she didn't have enough time to get away from him in time, causing his headbutt to hit her straight in the stomach, knocking her back and giving Ditzy enough time to wrap his arms around her.

The second his arms wrapped around her though, it became evident to the frenzied Viera how strong that particular hobgoblin really was. Despite her attempts and trashing, his arms were firmly locked around her, holding Nera into a chokehold. Despite how strong and resilient a frenzied Viera's body was, Ditzy was much stronger than she was and even though she was in a frenzy, functioning only on basic instincts, she could feel his hands wrapped around her neck. Feeling the urgency of getting away from Ditzy's grasp as soon as possible, Nera twisted her body, planting her feet and talons into the ground, finding leverage and using her flexible body to throw an attack at whatever part of Ditzy she could hit despite being held by him.

Ditzy certainly saw what her sharp claws coupled with her strength and speed did with the soldiers' armors while ago. It was obvious that no matter how strong he was, it would be dangerous to get hit by them. With her claws quickly approaching Ditzy's body, he had to make a move right now or be forced to take a hit from her.

Ditzy's move wasn't for nothing though. Being hit by his headbutt and knowing that she couldn't compete with him regarding strength would make Nera less aggressive and be a bit more on the defensive and use her speed instead of pure brute force against him. If Ditzy played his cards right, he would be able to buy enough time for Nagare to finish his spell as Nera would focus all her attention on him. Besides that, Nera was already exhausted from fighting the soldiers from before and Ditzy's headbutt only further worsened the fadigue acumulating in her body. When he grabbed her, he could feel her respiration, her heartbeats and how exhausted both her muscles and body was.



❄️Nagare❄️



As Nagare attacked the barrier with everything she had, much to her dismay, her attack and the magic force was immediately absorbed by the barrier. After a second later though, Nagare would feel that that particular section of the barrier where she was shooting was starting to absorb less and less of her attack, starting to affect the barrier itself as small bits of her frost magic passing and creating holes on the barrier.

If she looked to the black crystal as she attacked, she would almost immediately realize how that barrier worked. In order to keep the forest magic out of said area, creating a 'void', a place completely devoid of the natural magic that bathed the forest, that magic needed to be absorbed by something, and those black, runed crystals were doing it. Even though the amount of magic the barrier could absorb as a whole was immense, each particular section had a defined limit and Nagare's attack, coupled with the natural magic of the forest was quickly making it reach that threshold. It wouldn't be instant, but if she continued to attack the barrier, she would be able to break the nearest crystal in a few moments.

Behind her, Nagare would be able to hear the sounds of Ditzy and Nera fighting. Much to her surprise, Ditzy managed to win on pure strength against the frenzied Viera, but Nagare knew he was still in danger, seeing how dangerous his opponent was.



Freyr


Being taken by surprise and struck violently by Nera with all her strength, further enhanced by her frenzied state, there wasn't much Freyr could do, almost immediately getting knocked unconscious. As his friends continued fighting though, he was slowly recovering himself. A few minutes after Nera's attack, he finally managed to barely wake up again. His state wasn't that good though. His vision was being partially blocked by the blood coming from a wound on his forehead, where Nera hit on the ground and due to the impact, he was still too dizzy to move properly. Despite that, he knew he had to help his friends, who had came here even though they had nothing to do with all that situation.

Forcing himself to get up and cleaning the blood from his eyes, Freyr saw exactly the moment when Nera, who was being held down by Ditzy, to swing her claws towards him.

"Stay away from her claws, Ditzy! Try to tire her down!" Freyr said, as he shaked his head, recovering himself from the blow.

In the other hand, Nagare's magic was successfully interfering with the barrier, as Freyr could already sense, even though very faintly, the forest's voice through the cracks made in the barrier. Ditzy would have to keep Nera under control for a bit longer by himself while Freyr recovered himself, but the second he did, he would go to help him.
Hidden 30 days ago Post by PaulHaynek
Raw
GM
Avatar of PaulHaynek

PaulHaynek The Roleplayer Nobody Likes

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

~@Lmpkio (TCA), @AzureKnight (VRA)~

"Greetings and salutations fair traveler. Brace yourself, for you now stand in the presence of none other than Vară Riemsianne, heir to the esteemed Riemsianne clan of noble fire demons. It doesn't surprise me that your ears have caught wind of our doings, any group that I am a part of can only expect greatness to follow! However... I do believe it is proper etiquette to introduce yourself before asking various questions. Tell me sir, what would your name be and what has brought you to these lands?"
Vară Riemsianne


"Oh my. I did not know I was in the presence of nobility." The mysterious knight replied. With a quick flick of the wrist, he produced an alluring red rose seemingly from thin air and offered it to Vară. "For the beautiful Lady Riemsianne. Whose looks rival that of Lilims."

"To answer your questions, my lady, I am but a simple traveler. Many men live and die under the same roof and above the same ground. Not I, I say. I want to see how big the world is. I want to see how many things are within it." The knight answered. "As for my name, I'm afraid I am not very blessed in that regard. I am Sam Scout, pleased to meet you ladies."

Haley looked uncomfortable in her seat, still staring at Sam with suspicion. Sam did, or appeared, not to notice this and eagerly awaited a response.



Liberation At Any Price
~@ShwiggityShwah, @Restalaan (YNG)~

Before the Varjan leader could swing down on Yang, Ozzy struck from the sky. The Owl Harpy had one claw holding the axe's heft while the other attempted to slash at the eyes of the leader.

The leader screamed in rage as she released her shield and grabbed hold of Ozzy's leg. She then pulled the Owl Harpy with surprising strength, slamming Ozzy on the ground over and over again before tossing him into a Sonarran. However, Ozzy had succeeded somewhat, the Varjan leader's eyes were scratched a bit, distracting her for a moment trying to deal with her injured eyes.

An opening to be exploited.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet