Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Duoya
Raw
Avatar of Duoya

Duoya The Weeaboo

Member Seen 3 hrs ago

Dirk Davidson


Health: 3000/3000
Mana: 1300/1300




Interactions: None






Day 8 - Just the same as all the others had been. Theo repeated the same ritual - paying for his room for that night, Taking a shower, and eating the same meal that he had eaten every single morning and night before. This time, however, he was busy - he immediately returned to the arena, and wailed on the same Dummy he had the night prior. He had learned the best way to train without wasting the precious few Renn he had to his name - Wailing on the dummies with normal attacks all day was tedious for most, but Theo had the perfect motivation. If his sword skill was high, he would at least be able to grind alone somewhat quickly - as it stood, every mob he faced at the moment would be a war of attrition, and that would be far too draining on his health when he was already relatively poor. The thought of getting a somewhat practical crafting skill crossed his mind - perhaps once he had risen his acting to an appropriate point.

Heh, appropriate. Theo was almost positive he was the only player in the entire game that had risen his acting this high already. Still, it was the best for his needs. His mother would probably have a stroke if she knew that her son was the best actor in the death game that he was trapped in. Whether it would be pride, shock, or despair that her son was "wasting" his skill points, Theo had no idea of knowing.

Hours passed and, by the time his arms were aching more than ever before, the sun had set once again. Theo was a very avid fitness nut when he was in the real world, if only as a way to relieve stress - and even then, he had never felt more pain in his arms than ever before. Still, it was worth it - if simply training raised his skill levels, theoretically, beating the game would be incredibly easy. It would obviously take a long time, but training and grinding on weak enemies would allow a party to easily steamroll dungeons-

What the hell was Theo thinking? That's not what Dirk would do - Dirk trains extremely hard, but he never spends an extended period of time on it when he could be doing incredibly dangerous activities. Dirk was a man of adventure and power, not someone who walked the balancing line of life. Theo would report for a quest the next day - for now, at 9 PM, he simply needed a warm meal, and a nice place to sleep. Maybe he would spend the day with Julia on the festival? Day 8 quickly closed, Theo making plans in his mind of ways to make the most of his little bit of free time he had remaining.
Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by HueMan
Raw
GM
Avatar of HueMan

HueMan Talrae Admin

Member Seen 1 hr ago

✧ DAY 9 - Genesis City - 8AM ✧

6/24/2076




Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by HueMan
Raw
GM
Avatar of HueMan

HueMan Talrae Admin

Member Seen 1 hr ago

None valid post.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Achronum
Raw
Avatar of Achronum

Achronum The Pyro

Member Seen 18 min ago

Xenos


Interacting with:@Ithradine

Xenos grumbled to himself as he awoke, feeling barely rested and sore everywhere after the scouting mission. 'Never say yes to River again. Noted.' The tinkerer thought irritably as he stretched, his body more than happy to remind him exactly where he belonged. Anywhere but a god damned scouting mission. He'll leave that to the rogues next time. And River, the hyper active child he is. Maybe going alone would help burn off some of that boundless energy. He sighed, resigned to the fact he wasn't going to drift back to sleep, and wriggled his way out of the bed, careful not to wake up River.

“I need a bath. I feel so gross.” He muttered, grabbing his stuff and heading down the hall. He had dropped into bed without bothering to eat or wash up and he regretted it. Missing meals for projects and fun is one thing, missing meals for actual work is an entirely other apparently. At least yesterday wasn't a complete bust. Simple dungeon, right out of the cliché low level dungeon list--Tons of trash mobs, railroad track path, big evil boss thing, big pile o' treasure.

He sighed again as he finished up his hygiene routine, the haunting image of his undoubtedly useful passive from two nights ago floating into his thoughts. “Would you like to trigger Curiosity over Money?” the prompt had asked. He remembered hesitating, the sixty odd Renn itself not much of an issue but the potential for loss stilling his hand. How do you price a point in tinkering? Sure it was sixty something Renn this time but what happens when he has to burn a few hundred? A few thousand? But, he told himself, this was a problem for future Xenos and not present Xenos! With a quick confirmation, he watched a fourth of his awarded Renn disappear into the system and a single up tick in his tinkering skill appear. What he does for skill points.

His stomach interrupted his pity party, reminding him loudly that breakfast was necessary and soon. He hurried down into the dining area and ordered the first thing on the menu and water. He tucked himself into a corner to enjoy it, letting his thoughts wander back to the dungeon yesterday. Trash mobs galore man. Level ones, threes, and fives littered the path to the door and that was basically it. The dungeon itself wasn't complicated, just annoyingly packed. And he, Xenos realized,was going to be completely useless. Reloading this rifle took so damn long, the party would have probably wiped a good chunk of enemies off the floor by the time he got out. He pulled out his book as he ate, chewing slower now that the edge of his hunger had been dulled. He started brainstorming, jutting random words that came to mind.

Goblins. Weak. Lots. Mobs. AoE. Magic? Machine gun? Fire? He lookedat the last word and quickly pulled up the main screen's data base. He was sure he'd seen... Ah! A shit eating grin spread across his face. Grenade Oh now wasn't that an interesting little thing. Sounds like possibly a grenade launcher might be just what the party needs. Plus some upgrades but he'll work on that later too. Xenos started a to do list on the next page.

Return books to library.
GET VOTED INTO THE GUILD.
Work on creating a grenade launcher.
Upgrade everyone's equipment at least to a +1 if possible.
Actually create grenade launcher.
Rain death upon those bitches!!!!


Content with his plans, he sent a message out to Reylan before sketching a few ideas about a launcher while finishing his food.



Summary:
Woke up
HYGENE IS IMPORTANT
Ate
Decided blowing things up is always a good idea
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Jangel13
Raw
Avatar of Jangel13

Jangel13 The angel of fortune

Member Seen 4 hrs ago


1700
1200
Shiba: interacting with, @Ithradine








Shiba had been to put in a single word busy. He had been working on getting the new blacksmithing shop set up. He had borrowed money from the guild so he was both excited and nervous to get it up and running but the fact was he wanted to do this because he knew that this would be a big investment that would no doubt set the stage for their guild becoming one of the best. After all, it wasn't cheap to arm an army and once Shiba started to see a profit coming in he would work to expand and make the shop well known to both players and NPCs. He had to spend a full day just getting the place built and up to code and once he did that he spent another day to start getting to work with the meager supplies he had on him. He needed to wait till the guilds deal went through and he could get a constant supply of iron which was the lifeblood of a smith.

It was only last night that Shiba was able to get a full nights sleep. He didn't think he would feel tired in a game but maybe it was mental fatigue rather than physical fatigue. He had been so absorbed in getting the place set up and working he forget to let the guild master know that it was up and running. He then walked out of the building and he took a screenshot with his menu and he sent a PM to him "Just got the place up and running, when you get the iron send on over and I will get back to work"
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by HueMan
Raw
GM
Avatar of HueMan

HueMan Talrae Admin

Member Seen 1 hr ago

✧ DAY 9 - Genesis City - 1PM ✧

6/24/2076




Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Trainerblue192
Raw
Avatar of Trainerblue192

Trainerblue192

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

River



______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As Xenos got off from the bed River could almost instinctively feel the new found space and warmth and began to sprawl over to his side taking up the entire bed. Exhausted from a long day yesterday he slept more than his usual over sleeping as his muscles appreciated the warmth of the blankets coating him. It wasnt until noon that River had awoken and began to wipe the grogginess from his eyes. He attempted to sit up in the bed and it appeared his body did not want to agree so he rolled over towards the edge allowing his legs to swing off so that he may sit up.
" Man I didnt think thered be so many monsters in that dungeon that I'd have to use my whip as well. But we did gather some valuable data yesterday."

He stood up making his way towards the baths, shuffling his feet along the way. As soon as he reached it River sunk into the bath all the way down to his mouth blowing bubbles as Pepper sat beside him mimicking his actions. " Today we should sell what info we have, there isn't much money more we can do besides beat the boss it seems so perhaps a day to unwind, gather some money and relax is in order. Maybe I can help Aster train, or study that Tamers monster. I hardly had time to study it as there were hordes of monsters to fend off."

River lifted his hand, drops of warm water dripping down and off his fingers. He pulled up the menu and send a message to the entire guild
Guild Chat

>> Hey guys, i just wanted to say great job yesterday and that we gathered a lot of information. We should focus today on selling that info for some coin for the guild bank and allowing ourselves to unwind after a hectic day. There isn't much more we can gleam from the dungeon unless we send some very stealthy characters to peek at the boss but that may be too dangerous.

After about an hour of soaking River finally made his way out, dressing himself into his battle gear and making his way downstairs for some food. He got himself some shepherds pie and water sitting down to eat at the bar. It was indeed a lazy day and it washed over him like waves erasing prints off the sandy shore.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by TaroAndSelia
Raw
Avatar of TaroAndSelia

TaroAndSelia Returned from a Distant Land

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



The afternoon looked like it would be a pleasant one. There hadn’t been a bad day yet, though knowing what she did of their host Alisea suspected a thunderstorm was only a matter of time. That made it important to utilize a day such as this. And after two full days locked in the library, she welcomed the bright day. At present she was sitting on a grassy field outside Genesis City, recording notes on her day’s research.

“Limbs don’t break or tear away; perhaps there are specific skills for causing those conditions.” Alisea’s finger tapped across the screen as she spoke, writing out her words in a message to Fyaira. “The boars react to a physical stimulus without damage, so their programming accounts for ‘pain’ as well as ‘attacks’--a strong indication there are non-damaging skills to pull an enemy’s aggression.”

To her side, a weak snort was all the cry a nearly-crippled boar could make as it tried to charge once more. Without even looking, Alisea raised a hand and cast Nether Push, halting the beast’s advance. Immediately she switched to a Nether Pull, toppling the boar forward and grinding its snout into the dirt once more.

“The starting mob has no intelligence, so its attack patterns are discernable and predictable. Also, the terrain is capable of causing damage to the mobs, so it is likely the same for players; a bad tumble may cost you HP.”

The boar stood once more, its HP bar scarcely containing an inch of life. This time Alisea let it start into its charge, building some momentum. Then she Pulled it forward once more. Unprepared for the extra speed, the boar’s legs faltered and it tumbled to the ground, coming to a stop not a meter away from the magess. She was mildly irked it hadn’t slid close enough to allow her to remain seated.

Alisea twisted her body and reached out with her hand. The boar was trying to stand once more; a Shadow Bind brought that to a stop. Alisea’s hand drew near, but the creature couldn’t move a muscle. Panic filled its eyes--a feral look of a cornered beast. She devoured that look, her own gaze swallowing it without empathy. The magess placed her hand on the creature’s eye and began to drain the heat.

It tried to shut the eye against the pain. It howled from deep inside as best it could without moving its jaw. Everything that wasn’t locked in place by its shadow squirmed and fought, but her hand remained in place. She counted the seconds--five, ten, twenty--and pulled her hand away. The eye remained whole, undamaged. In one last effort, she jabbed her fingers into the boar’s eye with all her strength. The blow hit and bounced off, just as though she had punched its side. Its HP dropped the last portion and the boar tipped over, slain.

The magess let out a sigh and returned to her typing. “Similar to the limbs, eyesight cannot be impaired through simple damage; again, I suspect specific skills target these capabilities, and interfering with them is impossible without those skills. The only good news coming out of this is that the same will apply to adventurers: normal damage will not disrupt our capabilities. We cannot lose limbs (or the use thereof) nor our eyesight, hearing, smell, or taste unless a specific status causes it, and skills or abilities causing such will be limited and identifiable.”

The body of the boar shattered into droplets of light and disappeared. Sixty seconds after the time of death, every time. That didn’t answer definitely whether a player was killed right away or after those sixty seconds, but it just might have been possible the GM left a grace period and some way to resurrect an ally--perhaps with a miracle. But that was one suggestion the magess dare not say aloud.

With that test subject lost, Alisea cast her glance around for the next. No more boars remained nearby; other players were pulling them away to train themselves. Embarrassingly, even though they were a week into this world, she had seen a player die under these simple mobs. As best she could tell at a distance, he had failed to maintain his gear and it broke during the combat. Foolish mistakes were certainly costly in life--especially this life.

Alisea sent off the message to Fyaira--now those notes would be saved for the both of them, at least for a month--and started another message. She spent a few moments in silence, pondering what to say. Finally her fingers began to move again.

“I hope you did not mind my slipping out early, Aster. You returned so late yesterday, I wanted to let you sleep longer. And you had Kyo to keep you company; she is a good assistant. If you need to access the storage, or if you want to have some fun, I have almost finished out here in the fields. Maybe we can find a salon to prepare for tomorrow’s festival!”

She sent that message, then started yet again:

“Reylan, I hope you enjoyed the trip! I have some thoughts to share with you when you have time--not the least of which is how adorable Kyo is! We had a lot of fun at the library yesterday, and she was a tremendous help! I hope you take good care of her today. Good luck with the search and everything else!

P.S. She may still be with us for the festival tomorrow, so make sure you plan for that possibility.”


Alisea nodded to herself as she sent the message. As it was for Reylan, leaving mention of the festival in the middle would be too little; tacking it onto the end should help the word lodge in his thoughts. She couldn’t count how many times she’d made sure to mention it over the last three days. Surely by now he would be thinking about it instead of worrying over Paralyze or other insignificant things. And as long as he was thinking about it, he would realize (he would, right?) he still hadn’t asked Aster to accompany him.

With her housekeeping finished, Alisea stood to look for another subject. More players had appeared on the field, so even fewer chances would present themselves; rather than waste time waiting, Alisea turned and started her jog back to the city. With the spare time she could…

An idea struck her. She opened her messages again, slowing to a walk only long enough to type out a short note.

“Hello, River! Do you like pastries? Baker Josef has a special right now leading up to the festival, if you would care to join me.”
1x Like Like
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by HueMan
Raw
GM
Avatar of HueMan

HueMan Talrae Admin

Member Seen 1 hr ago

✧ DAY 9 - Genesis City - 8PM ✧

6/24/2076




Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Trainerblue192
Raw
Avatar of Trainerblue192

Trainerblue192

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

center]
River and Alisea
[/center]


______________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Hidden 1 mo ago 1 mo ago Post by Ithradine
Raw
Avatar of Ithradine

Ithradine The Shadow Scholar

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

Reylan


Interacting with:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Loss and more loss. His mind torn between fighting against the injustice of this game and enjoying all of its wonderfulness. Never before did he feel so strongly the duality of being both free and caged. On the outside, He pretended like nothing was bothering him and that he had moved from Paralyze's death with a new determination. But inside, Questions attacked his thoughts constantly without end. It frustrated him that he could not leave them behind and enjoy the game as the rest did. If it were not for his guild-mates, Reylan might have gotten himself killed days ago. Were they all simply amusement for a twisted sociopath that reveled in their deaths? Or was it someone with a massive god-complex who wished to have a world where they ruled? Reylan knew they might never get a proper answer.

A tug on his sleeve broke him from these troubled thoughts, his arm resting on the wooden top of a dining table. Across from him was the girl named Kyo, a person whom that they rescued one night while doing the night patrol quest. The Legion of Wolf had officially taken her in until they could find her parents or relatives. That had been most of his day along with a few errands, such as informing the council member of their success of the mine quest. While he wasn't able to obtain a permanent supply, there was a small crate of the metal given to him for his work. That was promptly split between Xenos and Shiba, since both of them needed it the most "Are you okay, Master Reylan?" Kyo asked from across the table. The area between his shoulder blades tightened, he REALLY didn't like hearing that title in front of his name but Alisea had already gotten her hands on Kyo.

Reylan let out a slightly nervous chuckle "You don't have to call me Master Reylan, really." His teeth gritted once his mouth closed, why did Alisea have to do this? "Miss Alisea said you were the guild-master, so I had to call you Master Reylan or there would be trouble." She said almost too innocently "Troube with who?!? You know what, nevermind..." His hand slid across his own face slowly in exasperation "I am fine, Kyo. There's just a lot on my mind." He left it vague, no need to trouble her with his personal problems "Anyway, how's the food?" He asked, hoping to change the subject away from him. Kyo took another bite, as if to make sure "It's good. Thank you." The excitement in her voice was soft. Despite not being very expressive with her face, Kyo seemed managed to make her mood known just fine.

A small smile came across Reylan's face "I'm glad."He looked at her for a moment then went back to eating his own dinner. It was only a few bites later when he decided to ask one more time "Are you sure you don't remember anything about your family? Maybe something has come back to you?" All day he had Kyo tag along hoping that someone would recognize her or at least point him in a direction, but he had no luck. Kyo swallowed and shook her head "No, There's nothing before that night..." She said sadly, the look in her eyes tugging on Reylan's heart making him feel guilty for bringing it up again "Ah well, until we find them we'll take care of you so don't worry!" He did his best to reassure her. Kyo seemed to pick back up with this assertion, a tiny smile spreading across her lips before eating once more without another word.

Reylan let a mental sigh go, never did he think he would be taking care of someone else in this game. They left the restaurant after they paid, and walked through the town square where the festival would be held tomorrow. Already the decorations looked amazing. The Festival....Alisea had hinted pretty hard that she wanted to attend it with him but there was something that had been bugging him about it. Even as he picture it, there seemed to be something missing from the mental picture he projected. Reylan held a blank face for a few seconds until his eyes widened suddenly "Aster!" He unknowingly said aloud "Aster?" Kyo repeated confused.

Reylan rubbed the back of his neck, slightly embarrassed to have said it out loud so carelessly "Uh yeah, I should probably go ask her if she wanted to attend the festival with me and Alisea tomorrow." Kyo stopped and stood on the tips of her toes, extending her head up but far from matching Reylan's height "I want to go with you and Miss Alisea too!" She stated firmly, in her soft tone. Reylan nodded despite an uncertain look in his eyes "Of course! Now let's head back to the inn before it gets too dark." He didn't want to say that they might meet her family there and give false hope.

He had thought it strange at first how Kyo seemed to be fascinated with nearly everything new she found. With amnesia, that turned out to be a lot of things. Reylan was pretty sure it was not a player but what kind of NPC would loose their memory? And not initiate a quest? It didn't change the fact she needed their help, which Reylan was happy to give. Now he only hoped Aster would be at the inn so he could ask, after all it was only a festival, right? Most of the festivals held in his part of England involved drinking either directly or indirectly.
Having been through the streets of the city quite a few times, he made his way to the inn in record time. The wooden door opened wide as he held it for Kyo to walk past him, hoping to seem some of his comrades already there.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Achronum
Raw
Avatar of Achronum

Achronum The Pyro

Member Seen 18 min ago


Interacting with:@Ithradine


Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Haruhi43
Raw
Avatar of Haruhi43

Haruhi43 A Clever Fox

Member Seen 1 mo ago

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒾


Interacting with:

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Chari waltzed right into the inn after spending the day slaying monsters on the outskirts of the city, practicing the stealth mechanics of the game on easy mobs before she tried it on anything beefy. Politics and meta-gaming weren't really her cup of tea, truly she just liked breaking stuff and monsters. Her eyes immediately picked up on Alisea talking to Xenos, and Reylan with the little birdie Kyo "Yo guys!" She spoke loudly before sitting down at her favorite seat at the bar. Briefly, she turned to the barkeep "Give me my usual, 'kay?" She asked with a deceiving pleasant tone. A few players might be finding their wallets a little light, which was enough to make her happy. What better calling is there for their money then to pay for her drinks after all?

A devious smile came up on her lips "Oh, did you guys see Shiba out there today? Looks like he got himself his own little stand. Must have come into a bit of money." She spoke idly, recalling her fellow rogue manning the small shop. Her mind changed to thinking about sparring with him, since it would be good to see how another rogue fights. Once the two mugs arrived they spent little time on the counter before reaching her lips.
Hidden 11 days ago Post by HueMan
Raw
GM
Avatar of HueMan

HueMan Talrae Admin

Member Seen 1 hr ago

✧ DAY 9 - Eden Hall - 9PM ✧

6/24/2076




Hidden 3 days ago Post by Lauder
Raw
Avatar of Lauder

Lauder The drunk kind of hero

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

Uchaka



It was nighttime when a girl with a grey cloak and staff walked into the inn, nobody could see her face for she bored a skull mask that his most of her true self beneath. That would not be much of a concern had the name above her shown an alarming sight, a red tag, which showed to everyone that this person was a murderer. She could already feel eyes burning into her, such was the way of life for Uchaka now, but she was used to it. Her eyes scanned the room before she silently walked forward to the bar so that she may acquire the one thing that she had come here for.

”Dried Fruit and Smoked Meat,” Uchaka stated simply and forwardly to the NPC bartender, only a slight bit of aggression in her tone. When the NPC simply stared at her for a moment she grew annoyed and commanded, ”Now.”

That seemed to work as the NPC got out the two pieces of food that Uchaka had demanded, in kind she placed and equivalent of 40 Renn in front of the NPC before she turned and walked to a corner table that no one was occupying so that she could eat in relative peace. Now hopefully none of the other patrons would pay her any mind so that she could actually eat. Most of the time the red name would keep others at a distance but one could never be to certain as even NPCs could react rather strangely around murderers of her kind.
Hidden 20 hrs ago 20 hrs ago Post by MonachromeX2
Raw
Avatar of MonachromeX2

MonachromeX2 Double Trouble

Member Seen 4 hrs ago


Ms.Tress


Interacting with:@Lauder

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+


As the door to the inn opened, a statuesque woman with clear green eyes raised an eyebrow at the unusual tention. The inn was only this quiet in the wee hours of the night and morning, the relative silence was disconcerting to say the least. Even some of the more rambuctious individuals were more reserved than usual. Being one of the people who often added to the exuberant air, Ms.Tress was not comforted in the least.

"Did I walk in on a funeral?" She asked the room with a playful upturn of her lips.

Raking her gaze across the room, the long haired woman was a bit surprised to note the bright red tag connected to a player sat by themselves. She had never met a PK'er but she was also a firm believer that appearances are not all the seem and many players are victims of circumstance. Malgoth knows she couldn't judge others on their coping mechanisms, however destructive they might be. Still she didn't take kindly to those who brought her favoured haunt into a state of, subdued, disarray. Hovering by the counter for a moment, she caught the clerks attention with a rap of her nails against the wood.

"Let me get some smoked meat and fresh fruit." She said, leaning against the counter before adding, "if you could rush that I'd really appreciate it." with a flutter of her eyelashes as she placed one silver coin and three copper coins in front of the clerk.

It was in short order that had Ms.Tress with her purchased items as she walked over to the lone woman with look in her eyes that was hard to place. Unceremoniously planting herself in the seat across from the Red Tagged individual, the dark haired woman started on her fruit before nonchalantly asking a question.

"So self-defence, enjoyment or desperation?" A piece of fruit held between her fingers as she brought it closer to her mouth.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet