Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by Duthguy
Raw
Avatar of Duthguy

Duthguy Someone who can't spell Dutchguy

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Thokk


Raugar wasn't the only one surprised by the Kobold's magic and while Thokk preferred the kind that simply did damage he wasn't stupid enough to dismiss illusions and the like. "Assuming she is telling the truth and willing to help in combat I'm fine with letting her join. Kobolds may generally be weak and cowardly, they still are quite annoying to fight. I don't trust her yet of course, but then I can say the same about all of you."

He got up and put his drum back in his explorer's pack. "I say we go look for the swordsman, if they're an enemy we don't want them finding us while in combat or have them set up an ambush."
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 1 hr ago


Roy kept a stoic and distrustful gaze upon the kobold girl as she answered to the paladin in a tongue he did not understand. Though as the small kobold weaved magical images. Magic was a rarity in Briston, along with its surrounding countries. One born with the aptitude and capacity for such were sent to magic colleges to be trained in the service of Briston and her people. To see the aptitude within a kobold had Roy dumbstruck. He was brought back to reality when the paladin said that the girl would be of use to the party. Though he was not too keen on trusting her, they had little choice in the matter. Few creatures were not hostile to them, fewer those that are willing to cooperate. Thokk then spoke his mind regarding the new addition to the party as well as the plan of action. "Fear not treachery on my end, Thokk. I would rather take my own life than to sully my honor as a man and a royal musketeer of Briston." He then turns to the slumbering great sword wielder before turning back to face the rest of the party. "I have no issue with leaving now, but how about Angus?"

Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

The sun would slowly begin to creep over the horizon, showering the coast with a dim orange glow. Were it not for the macabre feeling that haunted the realm of Brighthaven, the sight of the morning sun might've been beautiful. The rain had stopped though enough water had been built up around the ruined buildings that the run off still dripped from above. The ground was covered in a thin layer of sea water, with most of the blood from the previous battle washed away. Curiously enough, the corpses were gone too. Even the large sea creature that had been washed up has been suspiciously missing, with no sighs of it being dragged away. Sure the storm was heavy last night, but it was no hurricane. Simply heavy darkening rain.

Either way it was early morning. Aside from the sound of the waves and the water from the ruined rooftops there were no signs of the trogs or other creatures that might've been here. At least nothing immediately noticeable. The wraith never once showed up even as there was some slight hostilities within the chapel, but there was no indication that it had left either. Perhaps it simply found no reason to manifest itself. If there was anything worth interest to investigate, there appears to be some poor soul who had been washed up from the sea, their crumpled body slump against a broken building. It was hard to determine their figure from the entrance of the chapel but it was clear enough that it was some red-haired person who was either dead, alive, or dying. Whether or not the party would choose to investigate or leave the unknown danger would be up to them.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Seen 43 min ago

Angus MacAlister


Angus began to rise from his bedroll with a weary groan as the others spoke of moving on soon. As much as he wanted to get some more rest, Angus didn't enjoy the idea of being left behind. "I'm ready to leave when you lot are" Angus said.

Upon leaving the temple, Angus noticed something that wasn't there before. "Oi lads. Look over there" Angus said before pointing out the crumpled body that had been washed ashore "I dinnae recall seein' a red 'ead there yesterday. Fancy takin' a closer look?".
Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by Tangletail
Raw
Avatar of Tangletail

Tangletail Keyboard Knight

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

Surprise quickly washed away the kobold's nervous and tired expression. Her eyes settled on the Dragonborn expecting some form of trick in his words. But well, he turned too quickly before she could make such an assessment. She'd always found the creatures to be prideful, and often honor bound in some way. It certainly was jaw dropping to Lilt that one would make such a quick answer, especially when the creature in question served a master typically seen as Evil.

Still... she found it best to not look a gift horse in the mouth. After all, Lilt would likely join her companions in the afterlife without a chaperone. And she'd rather take her chance with a gamble, then a sure thing. So the little kobold slowly rose to her feet and regarded the impromptu party members.

A fool could certainly read the room. And a fool she had probably been. She likely gave them an additional reason to behead her if her risk-vs-reward ever came into question. A small thought that added another pound of stress to her heart, and shaved yet another few more years off of her lifespan.

She spoke again. This time in common. Her words came out slowly with an occasional pause and a hissy lisp. There was also a brief hesitation in her words, breaking it up into a stutter that was a mix of both nervousness and contemplation. She knew common, and knew it well. But without reason for frequent use, she had fell a bit out of practice. "Kobold knowssssss... li-little more than tall onesss. These ruins are ancient... with many treasure-seekers seeking their fortune. The am-bition vast... their friendship..." There was a brief pause. Her gaze darted nervously to each of the group, "... lacking. Blood of m-ma-many bath thissss... land. Bite of comp-pe-petiton. Bite of monsterssss. Then, my ma-m,master sssseess ssssuch... magic sssshinies to hissss... collection not worth risssk. He findsss i-idea of having a Ssssword of Dragon SsssSlaying conveniently placed in hisss horde asssss massively idiotic. Ssso... koboldsss not heard hisstory... from massster. Little reasssooon to remember."

Lilt did feel rather guilty about not being able to offer more than that after the Dragonborn's promise. But... the sentiment was shallow as it was an investment... and she'll have to make it worth the trouble later.

While the group contemplated the red head, who may be a red herring, she approached the Dragonborn closely. She moved in such a way to put the towering man between herself and the others. She had little reason to put faith in those who are quick to slay her kind, but at least the one with the burden of a promise is the least likely to swing a blade at her.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Duthguy
Raw
Avatar of Duthguy

Duthguy Someone who can't spell Dutchguy

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Thokk


"Fear not treachery on my end, Thokk. I would rather take my own life than to sully my honor as a man and a royal musketeer of Briston." Roy's words weren't enough to convince the Half-orc after all talk was cheap, but he had no intention of being the one to break the party up. Not only wasn't he dumb enough to think he could survive Norn on his own, there were trustworthy people out there and at least one of the others had to qualify as one.

He followed the others outside and was surprised to see how empty the beach was, there was no way it was natural but it also didn't seem important at the moment so he didn't bring it up. When Angus mentioned the humanoid body and his desire to check it out he drew his sword, not trusting the situation. "Better be careful."
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 1 hr ago


Roy, as soon as their barbarian was roused from his slumber, began gathering his belongings as well as the sacks that were near the brazier that Angus had obtained the previous night. The human musketeer then took note of the kobold girl's mutterings to them. Her common had a strange accent and seemed that she had a lisp. She had knowledge of this place, far more informative than what Roy knew. This irked the man's pride slightly but chose to keep his tongue silent. Finishing gathering his things and placing them in their respective places, Roy follows the majority of the party outside. The bodies of the creatures that they had slain were mysteriously gone...as well as the massive creature the monsters were feasting on.

The barbarian then spoke about something that piqued his interest. His eyes followed where the man was pointing and soon he saw the crumpled body. It was a woman in dark armor with nothing on her person, sans what she wore. She had red hair and insanely pale skin. He heard Thokk say that he should be careful in the prospect of investigating the person further. Giving him a curt nod, Roy moves a few feet closer and squints his eyes to see more of this mystery woman. "From what I can see here, the woman appears to be armored, but has no signs of any equipment nor gear. It should be also noted that she has unnaturally pale skin, yet she appears to be alive." The musketeer pauses and moves a few more feet. "...she is not human and is riddled with cuts and bruises. Though I cannot assess of their severity from this distance."

Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Riaxh
Raw
Avatar of Riaxh

Riaxh

Member Seen 3 hrs ago

Raugar

Raugar nodded in agreement with Thokk. "Indeed, right now our words mean little. In the days to come, we must give them value through action." He turned back to the kobold. "Speaking of important words, I would know your name, small one, if you are to accompany us on our quest." He wasn't surprised the kobold had little information about the area, now that he knew her story. She was as much as stranger here as they. "I am Raugar, of the Serrated Spikes." he said, gesturing to himself. The dragonborn proceeded to briefly introduce the rest of the party members in turn.

"Alive?" Raugar questioned grimly, turning his gaze to the red haired woman Angus and Roy had pointed out. It might have been better if she were dead. If they were alive that meant he could probably heal her, but he hesitated. He had not come to Nurn to be burdened with every waif and lost sheep they came across. Their company was already growing to be quite large, which meant a lot of people he didn't yet trust. Nevertheless, he emerged from the temple and approached the steps. "Cover me." he said to the others as he descended, eyes darting around for signs of an ambush, unsure if the troglodytes were advanced enough to use bait. The fact the giant sea creature was missing disturbed him, he sincerely hoped it was the work of the storm. Heeding Thokk's warning, he drew his glaive as he approached. He could see her features more clearly now, and she did indeed appear to be alive. Was she an elf? He gave her a non-too-gentle prod with the butt of the long weapon, trying to determine if she was conscious.

Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Tangletail
Raw
Avatar of Tangletail

Tangletail Keyboard Knight

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

The Serrated Spikes? Lilt scrounged her memory, trying to recall bits and pieces of the order. But failing to recall much more than the order having something to do with conquest. She'll probably need to ask more later. And more importantly before that, find an empty journal to transcribe everything that has happened so far.

While the dragonborn said each name, she repeated it carefully to herself. She struggled on a few of the names as she was forced to shift her tongue about in a way that wasn't exactly comfortable. But she eventually got it down. And once the paladin's introductions was done she began to state her name. She started with Draconic... but cut herself off when she realized it was difficult for others to say on a whim. So... she translated it roughly. "Pleasssse... call me Lilt."

The kobold's head tilted as he watched the dragonborn walk outside towards... what the kobold had previously suspected to be a red herring. The creature didn't exactly like what he was intending, but regardless she tailed him closely. Her head whipping too and fro out of skittish paranoia and a strong desire of not being ambushed by those damned things again.

Once the dragon began prodding the woman, the Kobold was quick to murmur the starting of an incantation. And within moments, her appearance dissolved away to give shape to a female Gnome.

The kobold's disguise stood at a very similar height. She had green spikey hair that swept backwards and down in a wild fashion. Her skin was of a woody orange color. Her leather armor had changed to look like finely carved wood made into segmented plates. Her weapons changed from crudely made steel, to bone fashioned into blades. When compared to the elongated, and intricately carved horned mask she wore around the same length of the kobold's snout... there'd be little questioning if she was a druid.

The Kobold certainly didn't want the Elf to start swinging at her immediately!


Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 1 hr ago


Roy nodded to the paladin as he went to investigate the form of the mystery read head along with the kobold girl. He takes a hold of his musket strapped to the side of his pack. Firearms were still a relatively recent discovery in the world, dwarves only sharing the means to create and use weapons in the last century to their human allies. Briston was one of the scant few countries that were both close to their dwarven neighbors and had the population with the aptitude to learn the means and techniques and improve upon them. The firearms produced in Briston is known far and wide for their high quality. Durable yet does not compromise it's light weight. Roy's pistol and musket were no exception.

Loading the rifle and taking a vantage point that overlooks the duo but not being too far from the main party. He then levels the musket's stock to his shoulder, and takes easy and relaxed breaths as he prepares to react at a moments notice. "For King and Queen, may my aim be true..."

Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Seen 43 min ago

Angus MacAlister


"Och put that bloody dwarven contraption away, ye daft sod" Angus said as he drew level with Roy and noticed the musket he was holding "If ye fire a shot with that thing, there's no tellin' what sort o' nasties ye'll be givin' away our location to". With that said, Angus moved past Roy and joined those who had moved to inspect the corpse. "Anythin' aboot this stiff caught yer fancies?" Angus asked as he got within earshot of those by the corpse "Or 'ave I just wasted our time pointin' a completely uninterestin' corpse out to you lot?".
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

As everyone gathered near the washed up body, Raugar would get the best look at the woman. And she was not an elf; quite the opposite. She was an orc. She was immediately awoken by the prodding from the staff, electing an annoyed groan. "Grrr... Pokes me again... Tear it off..." Though she says this with an air of menace, she struggles to stand. She tries, but blood seeps from her side. It appears that she was wounded, and now that she was starting to move the wounds opened up. She struggles to even turn and see the others, and the best she can do is just give them all a hostile glare. "Bastards... You're better off killing me now. If you're expecting me to cry for mercy, to beg for my life, I'd sooner let the trogs eat us all!" She seems to expect the group to try and harm her in her weakened state. it was easy to tell that where she able, she would already be fighting them, but her injuries seem to prevent her from doing much more than growling and threatening.
Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Seen 43 min ago

Angus MacAlister


Angus stood still for a moment as he regarded the orc woman with a look bordering curiosity and apathy. He then reached behind his back, pulled out one of his Javelins, and handed it to Raugar. "I believe this belongs to you" Angus said to the dragonborn "Would've returned it to you in the temple last night, but I held off since I wasn't in the mood fer riskin' the wraith's anger". Angus then turned to the orc. "We ain't 'ere to kill you, orc" Angus said "Well I ain't anyway. I cannae say what the others think to do with you. I meself only came this way 'cause I thought there'd be somethin' interestin' to see. But if a dyin' orc's all there is, I guess I was wrong aboot that".
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Duthguy
Raw
Avatar of Duthguy

Duthguy Someone who can't spell Dutchguy

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Thokk


Thokk was surprised that the "corpse" turned out to be a female orc, and an attractive one at that. While her reaction to the group was understandable he felt like trying to calm down was smart, though if it did turn into a fight he wouldn't lose any sleep over killing her. "Don't you think that if we wanted to kill you we would have done so already. I at least have no intention to harm you. Unles you are a Shadow Thrasher."

Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Riaxh
Raw
Avatar of Riaxh

Riaxh

Member Seen 3 hrs ago

Raugar


"Hmm, you're awake." Raugar said. An orc? how could he have ever mistook an orc for an elf? She was aggressive, though some of the others tried to calm her down. Given her injuries, he was surprised she was conscious. He accepted the javelin from Angus in surprise, having thought it lost in the storm, and thanked him for recovering it. "Well, as you have heard, we have no quarrel with you, orc." he said turning back to the glowering woman. He raised a gauntleted hand, and a tiny nimbus of light surrounded his fingers. "It seems like you got caught in the rain." he said dryly. "I am a healer. But I also don't want my fingers bitten off. If you stay peaceful, ill get you back on your feet, what say you?"

(OOC: In the interests of not posting twice, if she accepts, Raugar places a hand carefully on her wound and heals her for 7hp)
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

”Bah! Do you take me for a fool? There are plenty of reasons why some sick bastard would want their next victim to be alive.” the woman snarled at Thokk, having mustered just enough strength to struggle to her feet. A stiff push could easily knock her back down to the ground however. When Raugar offered to heal her, she didn’t hesitate to accept, if only so so could immediately back away from the others as her worse wounds mended. She reached behind her to grab something, only to realize she was without a weapon. And while Raugar’s Healing brought some strength back to her, she knelt on the ground in pain as her other injuries still ached.

The orcish woman looked up to the group, still snarling but somewhat less hostile than before. ”I don’t trust you, and you should t trust me. But... It’s not safe to be out in the open here.” the woman stood up and reached inside one of the ruined building, tearing off a chunk of soggy wood as an improvised club. ”I have a shelter deeper within the ruins. It’s small, but should me safe enough. Help me go there, and I’ll help you out a little too.”
Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by Tangletail
Raw
Avatar of Tangletail

Tangletail Keyboard Knight

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

The disguised Kobold's head whirled around as she heard the woman speak. She watched as the Orc rose to her feet, and scrambled back a few paces when she began to growl and stagger towards them. Her claws slowly trailed towards her weapons. She was no fool to assume an injured animal to not be dangerous. But... well the pitiful display the orc was showing put those concerns to rest. And admitably, the Orc was attractive... enough to make the small reptile envious and her self esteem to hit the floor if it hasn't already. The kobold's head twisted to Raugar who offered to heal the fleshy creature.

Normally, she'd strongly protest against offering such an assistance to a stranger. She'd rather have very little to deal with anything other than a kobold or kin of dragons. But frankly, she'd be a hypocrite if she piped up now. The Kobold knew she wasn't exactly in a position to start voicing her opinions. Especially when it hasn't even been an hour since she's begged for her life to the group. And... it'd most certainly be a bad idea to get on the dragonborn's bad side right at the moment.

Her gaze followed the Orc now as she went to go tear a weapon from a nearby tree. She frowned, while her eyes fell to observe her wounds. She'd be a massive liability in this state if the group did accept the offer. And judging by the way things are going...

The kobold turned about to give the dragonborn a few pats on the leg to make him aware of her presence. If she was allowed, she'd quickly hop up onto his back and climb her way up to the larger creature's shoulders to bring herself to eye level. her tail would curl around the other's kneck as a means of stability. On her way up, her disguise spell would be released... as she probably would not be able to hold it for the entire trip. If she was forced to stay on the ground, well... that is simply where she'll be.

Nervously, she'd reach out with a claw to hail the Orc. A pleasant looking aura from the school of evocation wafting from her talons. "Woundsss are sssstill bad. Kobold hasss sssspell... to heal.... before trip."


Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 1 hr ago


Roy offered the barbarian an annoyed look. He had only met the man and he had already insulted him numerous times. His callous personality along with the general air of distrust among the party made the musketeer slightly regret his decision to offer his help. Though he held his tongue on voicing out his complaints. Roy was the one who offered his services to the party, it would sully his honor and pride if he admits his irritation. Royal musketeers were disciplined to keep their emotions in check, it would be his unbecoming if he let his emotions get the better of him. Placing the musket back in its proper place on his pack he follows the rest of the party in approaching the figure. There he discovered that the mystery woman was actually an orc. Badly wounded, but no longer in the danger of dying. He hears the outburst of the orcish woman and frowns at her words. "How many more gestures of kindness do my companions have to display? If we had wished you harm you, we would have done so and not waste our time and magics to mend your wounds." He lets out a huff as he sees her stand up shakily, still snarling at them but in a lesser degree. "Trust us or not. Few individuals have the mind or the will to set foot on these accursed lands. Fewer even those who would be willing help some stranger...it would be wise to be more appreciative of these small blessings, madam."

Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Duthguy
Raw
Avatar of Duthguy

Duthguy Someone who can't spell Dutchguy

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Thokk


"Trust us or not. Few individuals have the mind or the will to set foot on these accursed lands. Fewer even those who would be willing help some stranger...it would be wise to be more appreciative of these small blessings, madam." Thokk wondered if he should point out that the musketeer just explained the other Orc's unease himself, but the kobold resuming her true form seemed like it could lead to issues even though the Bard offered to provide further healing than the Dragon. With a potential fight coming up he stayed quiet but readied himself.
Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by Riaxh
Raw
Avatar of Riaxh

Riaxh

Member Seen 3 hrs ago

Raugar

It was the beginning of the day, and Raugar's patience was already beginning to wear thin. He flexed his wrist in irritation as he withdrew his hand from the struggling orc, annoyed at their attitude, when he felt a little tug on his arm and looked down. He had taken note of the way Lilt was sticking to him. He did not mind this. He had taken responsibility for the kobold and it would make her easier to keep an eye on. But her motions suggested she wanted to scale him. He replied with a withering look. He was not her personal climbing frame. He grimaced further as she proceeded to heal the orc again. She better earn all this healing he thought.

"We should go with her." he said finally with a shrug. whether they received help or an ambush. At least something would happen, and maybe they would get some answers, which is probably more than what they would get wandering around by themselves for hours. "Though I'd appreciate some more detail about what this 'help' you mentioned entails. His eyes continued to flick around the area as he talked. He was getting nervous out in the open. "In any case, if we're going to be moving out, we should decide on a marching order" he said crisply. "Based on what I've seen I'd put Angus and myself up front, Roy and Thokk behind with the bard in the middle. We can move in an X formation." He turned back to the orc. "I'd put you in the middle too, but I doubt you'll agree to that. Just stay close, don't wander ahead and we'll get you to your shelter."
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet