Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Jerkchicken
Raw
Avatar of Jerkchicken

Jerkchicken

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Flint was continuing to pace around until he heard a familiar sound. It was Alyssa and the crew alongside a new recruit it seemed. He frowned as they were walking into a fight and he didn't like the idea of them getting attacked unprepared. Still, he guessed it wouldn't be too bad fighting with company. Although there was a part of him that really wanted to cut loose here. All he needed to say was, "Get ready for a fight now!" As he looked into the distance and around them looking for any potential ambush.

His focused then on the incoming danger on that ominous creeping black mist that was coming in. He sure as hell didn't want that touching him or anyone else, however it seemed to ignore affecting the plants it was touching as it approached them. "Hey Cap, I sure hope we're not fighting a logia user. Otherwise, this fight is gonna be tougher." He was pessimistic about being able to reliably contribute anything to fight against someone with intangibility.

Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Noodles
Raw
GM
Avatar of Noodles

Noodles

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

The White Pearl @Stern Algorithm
“If that’s the case,” the tune of the Handel’s violin had returned no sudden movements, ” I’ll be taking a nap at the ship if you don’t mind~”

The white wolf climbed up the gangplank in is steady steps, entering the ship of the white pearl. “Quite an awful ship, if I’m a bit blunt. Honestly, we don’t like your kind who plays the awful game of sabotage. Oh, I almost forgot to introduce myself, I’m Arafael, a Marine Lieutenant. Our hands are too occupied to deal with petty affairs of the Government, just to let you know.”

Walking up to the rear end of the ship, the wolf went lying on the stern of the white pearl, “But that was a good one, most marines would buy that story.”

Arafael sniffed at the hull railings of the ship. “Since we’re on the same side, that would be okay with you, right? I’m definitely not be taking advantage of this welcome.”

The wolf Arafel let out on what it seemed to be like a smirk. He wasn’t even trying to hide his own lies.



The swamps of the Brown isles @Jerkchicken@vancexentan@BladeSS4@Archmage MC@Zelosse
The dagger that Grey threw, the blade of the dagger reflected nothing when it got close to the edge of the black mist. The dagger entered the black smog with a distant clattering sound, as if nothing was stopping the blade itself. The black mist doesn’t seem like it could do anything harmful to the crew, yet it continued making its way towards the Scarlet pirates.

“Logia? What’s that?” Alesia asked, she wasn’t familiar with those devil fruits. Alesia charged into the black mass, swinging her blade at the surging black wind. The Mountain Parts the Wind meets the Black Wind of the Shade Pirates.

Nothing. Her blade has clashed at thin air. The blackness surrounded her, as she could feel that light bleaking away from the surroundings as she speaks. The place was dark enough or her to barely see the edge of her hands. Yet the mushiness of the ground has convinced that she was still in the same place for the whole time.

The distant sound of gunshots had made her jump away from the current position. A few hollow clang had echoed from the place that she was at. Somehow, they could see in the completely darkness that they had created. She pushed herself away from one of those trees that was collided under the complete darkness. She was sure that the area of the night wasn’t the same as the time before the entered, its influenced seemed to be growing.

It doesn’t seem like a good idea to fight in an area where she can’t even see. Now to think about it, a full crew is there.

Her blade had refused to shine, only emanating a tinge of grey under the encapsulating darkness. First, she needs to get out of this place, the bullets alone are annoying to deal with, especially when she can’t even see them.

Retreating towards the direction that she entered from, Alesia felt a thud on the tip of her cutlass, then slicing off what that feels like a tree trunk to her. The sense of sound and touch is still there, but a cumbersome scene of battles. Perhaps she should consider on her tactics once in a while.

But another one of those strange abilities, she pondered on whether they ate the same type of fruit as the one back in the slum markets.

Carving an exit, Alesia shouted, “They’ve gunmen on the other side! And they can see in the dark somehow!!”

Alesia blurted out a long angry line of curses from the inside of the black cloud. “Damnnit, they don’t play fair here!!!”
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by BladeSS4
Raw
Avatar of BladeSS4

BladeSS4

Member Online

Bakuto 'The Living Dragon'

Location Swamp


Interactions: @Noodles@vancexentan@Zelosse@Archmage MC




'Logia type? Great this isn't going to end well if this is.' are the first initial thoughts Bakuto had. He hears the captain as what is a logia. While he hasn't seen one himself Bakuto has heard about them he then says, "I don't know much but logia is a type of devil fruit. A bit different from your abilities or even my own. I do know they can morph their body into element forms making it a real pain to hit them..."

He hears the gun fire and his body instantly morphs into his human zoan form. Mostly to protect himself from the bullets that may or may not go near him. A growl comes from his mouth when a bullet bounces off the scales of his human lizard body. He then says, "They might not be able to see. But they don't need to see if they can get lucky and hit any of us." Bakuto feeling a bit more violently aggressive as he changed into his more draconian form he wanted to burn these shooters to a crisp but knowing that will give them all away.

After hearing they don't play fair Bakuto answers back, "Yeah, that is true. It is a good thing I don't play fair either." He then jumps up then says "Moonwalk!" Then jumps for a second time to get into a tree. First thing was first for Bakuto they needed to get rid of the bad gas. So if whoever was attacking them wasn't going to play fair then he was going to show them how fair he can play when he changes to his full Zoan form. Leaning down on the branch in the tree on his hands and knees Bakuto once again begins to change The scales getting thicker his body growing larger. His eyes going to a more red color, Bakuto growing large wings. His tail grows longer until he becomes that of an actual black dragon. The claws crack the branch he is stepping on and a more animalistic growl escapes the dragon mouth as he stares into the dark gas.

The wings spread out wide then those mighty winds begin to flap with one goal in mind. Send whatever is in the air back to where it came from. Each flap of Bakuto's wings making a thud like sound as they fight against the air. Bakuto also hoping he doesn't break the tree limb he is rested upon, but if he can force back the miasma gas then he will have done his job.

Hidden 7 mos ago 7 mos ago Post by Archmage MC
Raw
Avatar of Archmage MC

Archmage MC

Member Seen 1 hr ago

A creeping dark mist came over the surface of the swamp as the party made its way deeper and deeper. Willow wasn't too worried about the smoke, but a comment from flint really got her a bit nervous. "Agreed Flint, If it is a logia,, and we can't counter it, all we can do is run." willlow said, watching as the cloud came closer.

Soon shots came out of the cloud. Thankfully it was very easy for Willow to dodge any that came her way, if any even did due to her small size. Having an idea, she conjured an orb of Fairy Fire and sent it into the mist as the new dragon member also did his best co try to clear the mist away. Even if he couldn't do anything, Willow's Fairy Fire should reveal something.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by vancexentan
Raw
Avatar of vancexentan

vancexentan Hawk of Endymion

Member Seen 11 hrs ago

"Damn it is the stuff poisonous? If not we can try counter-attacking. Blind attacking is dumb but the only real alternative is fleeing otherwise. We can't just sit here, and do nothing. Logia fruit, or not we have to solve whatever's going on, and quick." Adam called out as he kept retreating make sure to keep himself in cover as much as possible. Stray attacks were always a threat, and with little recourse but to keep in cover he hoped the other crew had abilities to fix the situation at hand. He was relatively useless in the given circumstances. Close combat in a swamp was a death sentence usually if the enemy had already established themselves with fire arms. "Is there a tree or something over there? Can anyone make anything out? If there is try blowing a branch off it may knock a couple of the dorks out."
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Jerkchicken
Raw
Avatar of Jerkchicken

Jerkchicken

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

"What he said, If it's that then hitting the user is going to be tough." Flint said. The transformation into a dragon by that one guy wasn't something he had missed. The newest compatriot was using his wings to try and blow away this smokey attack by flapping his powerful wings. Flint could only hope this could do something, while being blinded by the smoke was bad it wasn't as bad other negative effects that this smoke could give them by touching them. Shots went whizzing by from unknown angles as the cloud approached. Flint reached into the poncho and threw a handful of explosives towards into the cloud as the wind generated by the dragon carried them further. He fired off his shotgun piercing them and causing an explosion of fire to rain down and spread on the ground burning away.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Stern Algorithm
Raw
Avatar of Stern Algorithm

Stern Algorithm Loquacious Aggression

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

@Noodles

"Sabotage? You mean espionage? Or maybe you meant subterfuge? Regardless, while I don't mind you taking a nap, the crew I've infiltrated won't be very keen to find you sleeping here. It could blow my cover and all that. I'm sure you understand. And I get that you're hands are tied, I'm not exactly expecting you to help me out with my mission or anything. Besides, I'm well aware that you've got a notorious pirate to catch." Handel said, but then Lt. Arafael said he didn't buy the story. Handel would stick to the story regardless, and hopefully plant the seed of doubt. She turned her bass to face Arafael, letting the metal-plated underside of the instrument act as a shield between herself and the wolf, while keeping her fingers on the chord and her bow against the strings, waiting to strike the dog-whistle note should he advance. "Hmm. Stubborn. You should know that my rank is commander," she said, partially as a threat, since power level often coincided with rank among the Marines, "If you intend to impede my mission on a misconception, I may be forced to let Cipher Pol know that you disobeyed a senior officer and engaged in dereliction of duty, since your crew is waiting for your aid against the other pirate crew here, are they not?" All the while Handel slowly walked towards the door leading into the interior of the ship, since in hallways, humans had an advantage over beasts. Though Handel thought she might be able to take Arafael in a fight, she didn't want to underestimate him, since he was a lieutenant knowingly picking a fight with someone who had achieved the rank of commander. But she was confident that with the entire crew here, they would be able to overwhelm him, so she essentially just had to stall for time.
Hidden 7 mos ago 7 mos ago Post by Noodles
Raw
GM
Avatar of Noodles

Noodles

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

The Swamps @Jerkchicken@vancexentan@BladeSS4@Archmage MC@Zelosse

A sudden wind erupted from within the black mass, sending the captain Alesia off the ground. Is that what the dragon mean by not paying fair, to use the captain as bait?! Grabbing on one of the hanging branches, Alesia increased her weight to increase her hold against the cursed wind that seemed to be very familiar. That sweeps from a familiar direction.

With a few flaps of the wing of the dragon, the black mass seemed to be pushed back for a few moment, before the black cloud has seemed to rescind slowly. The sweeping of the black mass has rescinded to a stop, but at least the black smog was kept at bay for now, and worked from what it seemed form the outside.

“Argh…” Alesia cursed upon exiting the black mass of the enemy pirates. The sword had started reflecting the gleam of the light properly. And the long blade had took back to its shine. She was about to punch that dragon right in the face, fort that unsettling wind. Dragon? Alesia thought. She looked up to see a huge flying thing that looked like the same lizard that took out the Olde bar. But this time it’s bigger than the one back in the bar.

Can he transform? She thought, and the explanation regarding logia from the previous moment flashed back on her head. So the strongest type of ‘those fruits’ are logia? Stronger than those two? Looking back at the scene of the battle, a huge dragon and a giant black smog. With another fairy, that was really straight out of a fairy tale.

But now that she was out of the black wind, she supposed that she owe him one for saving her neck for the moment.

The black mass sunken in from the winds of the dragon. All of the sudden, the black mass sprung out, spreading towards the dragon in all directions. It wasn’t like the slow misty movements like the previous scuffle, ore of a sudden gush of the dark that seem to have a will of its own.

On one side the flare of the fae’s had lit up an open path for the dragon, the flare lit up like a lantern in the caverns. But the light didn’t spread very far into the heart of the shade pirates. The unnatural Black mist, has went around the flare of fae, and seemed to have made a detour for the quick encapsulation of the dragon.

The explosion from the grenade of Flin had blown a deeper hole of the searing fae's light towards the inside of the black mist. Around the black wind has swept from the blasts of the grenades. Of the inside of the black mass reveals a person of brown coat and green robes. A relatively thin face that was well tanned from the days of piracy. His face has seen better days of a long winding scar that strings from the forehead down to the edge of the cheeks. A long straight grey eyes and lightly twirled eyebrows from the young pirate that appeared to be in the Age of the late twenties.

An obvious face of the Captain, Valar of the shade pirates. A face younger than the likes of Flint. His yellow hair would be handsome had it not been they wanting to kill them. “He looks familiar?”

Alesia asked, that guy appeared in the news of a few days back.

“Now I remember, Good, I’m going to be 22 million richer after this.”

Valar drew a long blade, curved like a spine. Under his loomy black wind, nothing had reflected from the blade of his strange sword. His blade looked more sinister than the night around him. Crossing the long edges of his curved sword, the surfaces of the blade darkened into a shade of the surrounding black wind.

Valar swung his oversized blade at Alesia and flint and adam. The distance between the opposing pirate crew was still far, but the approach of the blade was too hostile for Aleisa. The Snake’s Bite meets the parting winds form the two far ends of the blades. Tree trunks of the forests parted beyond the normal reach of Valar’s sword, as the tip of Alesia’s cutlass snapped his slicing wind apart with one strong thrust of her sword.

Alesia shifted herself back to her flighty weight the moment she feel a couple of cracks on the tree branches. The Black Cloud was beginning to cloak Valar back into the Shadows.

Behind him was a glimpse of a team of gunmen, a bare glimpse of them backing him up. On what fruit that the 22 million guy had eaten, she wasn’t so keen to know now.



The White Pearl @Stern Algorithm

"Is that so?" The wolf seemed to be amused by the words of the Cipher pol unit. Laying on the deck of the ship like his own house, the wolf continued on his nap, but a corner of the eye showed a slight glimmer that was rather apparent under the bask of the bright noonlight.

“Also, was the short girl of grey robes your Captain by any chance?” Arafeal asked, scratching its fur with one of the legs. “She was quite a rowdy one, but sure she has quite a soft spot for animals.

“I’m ready to put up an act, and I would be surprised if you managed to convince the whole crew that this stray wolf was a marine with a Zoan Fruit.” Arafeal sniffed, faking up on his tired façade. “But its interesting you have the Living Dragon Bakuto under your watch, good thing that both of us aren’t so fond of our twisted government.”

Arafael ended his sentence without a breath of hesitation, his furry eyebrows frowning at a few moments.
1x Like Like
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Noodles
Raw
GM
Avatar of Noodles

Noodles

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

-ignore this, accidental double post-
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by BladeSS4
Raw
Avatar of BladeSS4

BladeSS4

Member Online

Bakuto 'The Living Dragon'

Location Swamp

Interactions: @Noodles@vancexentan@Zelosse@Archmage MC



Blowing away the mist put a smile on or at least it would if Bakuto could smile in his full dragon form. Seeing the cave of pirates. He recognizes the one guy the captain. Bakuto's new captain helped him remember when he heard the twenty two million beri bounty Bakuto let out a little laugh with his dragon rough voice like laugh he then says, "Twenty Two Huh? Sounds like a bit of easy cash there captain." Stopping his wings now staring into the cave Bakuto has another idea, "Hey Captain, and everyone, keep these pirates pinned in or around the entrance of the cave about a minute or two. If you remember what happened in the tavern. Now in this form, think bigger. Can't really control this one so in a two minutes make sure you are out of the way."

After a bit of warning Bakuto braces himself and starts to inhale a great deal amount of air. Bakuto's dragon chest expanding greatly. A slight fiery glow escape's Bakuto's mouth slightly giving a very clear sign what he is about to do even more so then his warning and letting the rest of his new crew and captain in on what he is planning to do to attack these enemy pirate with a massive fiery attack into the cave.

Bakuto slowly building up the fire in his chest and mouth. Holding in the flames the glow in his mouth started off in a red flame, turning orange, as the flames get hotter slowly turning into white flames. Bakuto holding in the flames at first just to build up the flames for the fire blast attack he was preparing. The other reason he was holding back the flames to give his crew members and captain enough time to move out of the way so he can release the attack. Bakuto doesn't have good control of this attack, he is hoping it doesn't fizzle out or hurt any of his new crew members. Trying to hold the attack as long as he can, he gave the crew to minutes as a general idea how long he can hold the attack for. Bakuto now waits to release the attack and plans to when his crew is cleared or he can no longer physically hold the attack anymore.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Stern Algorithm
Raw
Avatar of Stern Algorithm

Stern Algorithm Loquacious Aggression

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

"Yeah, that's the pirate captain I'm tailing," Handel replied, peeking out the door into the hold. "But the fact that Bakuto is following her is news to me." She wondered if the captain had picked up another crew member. "But you're pretty bold to criticize the government to a member of Cipher Pol," Handel said, attempting to keep up her ruse, "Treasonous talk like that could get you in trouble. But if you plan on sneaking aboard, I'm not going to out you to my crew. And if you reveal yourself, I'll just claim ignorance. But if you're sticking around because you still think I'm an actual traitor, then you're wasting your time. Besides, if you don't trust me, how can you be sure I won't slip you some chocolate in your dog food one night and have you shit yourself to death?"
Hidden 6 mos ago Post by Archmage MC
Raw
Avatar of Archmage MC

Archmage MC

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Seeing the clearly hostile action that these enemy pirates were taking, Willow smiled a devilish smile. Seeing the pirates that were shooting everyone in the back, Willow darted through the air towards them. Weaving through the trees, her small statue and quick speed let her get to the archer pirates fairly quickly. And with a flash of steel, as Alesia and Bakuto were dealing with their parties, Willow dispatched the ranging pirates in one fluid motion. To an onlooker, they'd only see the pirates going from being perfectly normal, to bleeding profusely as their necks were cut by a very fine blade.

Remembering Bakuto's warning from earlier, after dispatching the ranged pirates, Willow flew up into the treetops of the swamp, flying above whatever Bakuto was going to do as she made her way back to the party.
Hidden 6 mos ago 6 mos ago Post by Noodles
Raw
GM
Avatar of Noodles

Noodles

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

Swamps of the Brown Isles

Alesia could see a glob of orange fires from the skies. She was sure for now, that the so called dragon is going to use the same stint from that time in the bar. The shroud of black wind has started gathering around the dragon during the time Bakuto charged. The last glimmer of light has surrounded the dragon, right before the dragon gets encapsulated into the black wind.

The long rustle of the forest has subsided from the finishing of the range of the sword. The surroundings of the pirates gunners are too dark for Aleisa to make out on what happened, but they had fell one by one.

That captain Valar frowned at the sight of the little fairy. Another of the pesky Zoan. His sword flashed into a grey tint, his left free hand stretched out with a trail of glimmer.

Around the area of the fairy of the will o’ the wisp, a bright flash of light enveloped the surroundings, so bright that it made the noon look like the night. That intended to blind the fairy. The pirate captain had kept track of the location of the fairy despite the blinding speed, the menacing sword of the Captain glimmered out to take the moment’s advantage of the distraction. Nothing happened to the fairy, it’s just… bright. The harmful thing was ready to be drawn from the hilt of the Captain.

The Snake’s Bite of Alesia’s blade meets the drawing of Valar's sword. The Bull Sweeps parrying away the firm dead thrust from Alesia‘s cutlass. Alesia lightened her weight from the first exchange of attacks.

Pulling her sword away off a tree trunk from her missed attack, Alesia glared at the face of Captain Valar. But good that the Fairy did away with the guns.

“That stab feels unnatural, is that one of those Devil Fruits?” Valar’s deep voice is well fitting of his tall height. “I ate the Tint Tint Fruit, I can change the colours from the light of the day, to the shades of the night.”

“Just fire!!!” Alesia shouted an order to the dragon of her crew.




The White Pearl

The Wolf Arafel contained his own laugh the moment here is a mention of treasonous words from the mouth of the so-called Cipher Pol. And suggestion of poison on his food. Letting out on an audible choke when the suggestion of treason is uttered.

There are just too many thing that does not fit very well into the picture.

“Sure, my apologies, Miss Cipher Pol Agent, But I’m not so afraid of those so called consequences that you say.” The wolf Arafel let out on what that it seemed like a sneeze on the side of the ship of the White Pearl. “Well… I wouldn’t be asking too much on how this crew happens to have a defected Marine Captain in the same crew, but it would be kind of you, if your captain would escort me to Loguetown. I’m sure you all would be heading to the Grand Line soon enough?”
Hidden 6 mos ago Post by BladeSS4
Raw
Avatar of BladeSS4

BladeSS4

Member Online

Bakuto 'The Living Dragon'

Location Swamp

Interactions: @Noodles@vancexentan@Zelosse@Archmage MC




Its getting dark. This devil fruit user really likes messing with the light. Bakuto thought to himself as he charged his attack up. Seeing the fairy before the light was taken away from him. He was unable to see, but he was going to trust that his new crewmates would manage to get out of the way of his attack. Making sure the attack could get to its maximum power as he prepares for his dragon fire blast attack. With the darkness surrounding him and the light changing he had little he could do other then wait for his attack to be at full power or wait for a signal from the others to let out his attack.

Charging his attack in the dark then he hears the captain yell “Just fire!!!” Bakuto would have smiled if he wasn't trying to hold in his attack. At the moment he heard the order. Bakuto tensed up then opened his dragon mouth unleashing the fiery attack the fire shoots out an inferno pillar blasting out towards the cave and the enemy captain with the power being launched from a cannon. With those hiding in the cave. Bakuto's fiery attack entering a cave with only one entrance that he could see. In his full dragon using his more enhanced fire blast attack. Ripping through the air looking to make impact into the back of the cave. Looking to disperse the fire from the impact of the blast throughout the cave with some sort of destruction inside the cave and anyone hiding inside.
Hidden 6 mos ago 6 mos ago Post by EnterTheHero
Raw
Avatar of EnterTheHero

EnterTheHero Heir to the Throne of the Roaming Rhullo

Member Seen 5 hrs ago



"Black Wolf" Coyote





Earlier that day...

It was a beautiful day on the East Blue. The sun was shining, a few gulls darted around overhead, barely a cloud hung in the sky... and a lone dinghy swayed across the waves, heading nowhere in particular. At first glance, the rowboat looked abandoned...

"Hast du etwas Zeit für mich
Dann singe ich ein Lied für dich
Von 99 Luftballons
Auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont..."


...Until you got close enough to hear its occupant.

"Denkst du vielleicht g'rad an mich
Dann singe ich ein Lied für dich
Von 99 Luftballons
Und dass so was von so was kommt..."


The lyrics themselves didn't make much sense, even translated into common tongue. His family had carried the tune with them through the centuries since their founding, and possibly before, so certain parts of the song flew over one's head. The occupant didn't know why he was singing it in the first place, except for the fact that it was a bouncy, jaunty sort of tune, it put a smile on his face, and his singing voice wasn't half bad. So...

"99 Luftballons
Auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont
Hielt man für Ufos aus dem All
Darum schickte ein General..."


...He would continue.

"'ne Fliegerstaffel hinterher
Alarm zu geben, wenn es so wär
Dabei war'n da am Horizo--"


BOOM.


...

Grimm D. Coyote opened his eyes, and sat bolt upright, looking just off of the "stern" of his makeshift transportation at the churning, splashing water, just recently disturbed by what... sounded like...

He frowned, looking down at the blackness pooling at his feet.

"Crow? Am I crazy, or did that sound like--"

BOOM.


Coyote whipped his head around, this time looking across his "bow," at the second splash that had interrupted his leisurely cruise. He sighed.

"...Cannon fire. Oh, boy."

He stood in his rickety little dinghy, with barely a rock of the boat, dusting off imagined particles from the seat of his pants as he scanned the horizon. Sure enough, there it was, some kind of... hm. It wasn't a Marine vessel- that much was clear, even from this distance. Not to mention, they'd never fire on such a tiny civilian craft. And no black sails or Jolly Roger ruled out pirates, out on a joyride. Which just left... bounty hunters. Out on a joyride. Probably.

Pretty stupid bounty hunters, if they're just playing with a cannon this close to a port. At least... I think there's a port nearby...? Hard to say, really, I haven't been paying that much attention to where I'm--

A flash of light from the boat. Coyote blanched as Crow launched itself into the air.

"Oh, sh--"

BOOM!!





"Hah!" The sailor manning the cannon grinned viciously as he saw the dinghy go up in a plume of water and splinters. "Told ya I could hit it! Pay up!"

In lieu of payment, his captain quickly delivered a stinging slap upside the gunner's head. "Fat chance. You said on the first shot. I counted three. That's two fuckups more than you promised, yer not getting jack."

The sailor grumbled, rubbing the back of his head. "Psh. I'd like to see you do better."

"There's no more rowboat, you idiot. And I'm not wasting another cannonball on picking off twerps. Those two extra shots are coming out of your cut, by the way."

"WHAT??"

"It's yer own damn fault, ya moron! You're the one who screwed up two piss-easy shots 'cause you wanted to go swatting flies with a cannon. Use your common sense!"

"Not to mention, he interrupted my song."

"Right, right, that too, thank you. Now--"

Gunner and captain froze, as did every present hand on the gun deck, at the sudden, unfamiliar voice. Slowly, ever so slowly, they turned to see a slim young man wearing a mask, standing where there was no one mere seconds ago, with a sharp-edged smile gracing his face.

"Hello," the man said with deceptive calmness, cracking his knuckles. "Forgive the intrusion, but your crew seems to have done me a... disrespect." The smile turned sharper. "I am here to negotiate... restitution."

The captain gulped.




Presently...

Coyote waved jauntily to the crew as they pulled out of the harbor as fast as their sails could pull, working as hard and fast as they could through their myriad of new scratches, gashes, bruises and contusions. The gunner, currently sporting both eyes in a stylish black, yelped and limped belowdecks, as Coyote turned toward the town he now found himself in.

So. My new friends said this was Brown Islands, or some such. Popular with legally-challenged people like myself. I suppose my preparations are somewhat unnecessary, then, he thought, rubbing his short stubble. He'd spent his time on the last island changing his appearance, to resemble his wanted poster as little as possible- short beard, shaved. Shoulder-length hair, now a shorter, more stylish cut. Dark blue glasses, ditched for a mask over his eyes, though he kept those in a pocket of his coat- he had some standards, after all. And they looked cool, anyway. Maybe if he managed to get over into the Grand Line, he'd put the glasses back on. Or maybe he'd keep the mask. It was a toss-up.

Surreptitiously, at his feet, a vague face emerged from his shadow, seemingly wiggling to get his attention. He raised an eyebrow.

"...And what exactly was I supposed to do? Just let them get away with disrespect?" The last syllable was bitten off with a sound like a pistol shot. The shadow wiggled again. Coyote sighed.

"Be that as it may, they needed to be taught a lesson. They can't just shoot random civilians for fun. What if it was someone other than us?"

Wiggle.

"All right, all right, you've made your point. But I stand by my actions. If only because I can't go back and change any of it, so it's a moot point." He looked around the port, tapping his foot. "Now, come on. We need to find a ship, because I am not trying to Schwarzer Reiter over the Red Line again," he said, shuddering at the memory as he walked along the boardwalk, trying to decide on who might be able to fulfill his needs for transportation.
Hidden 6 mos ago Post by vancexentan
Raw
Avatar of vancexentan

vancexentan Hawk of Endymion

Member Seen 11 hrs ago

"We need to pull out now! This is getting out of hand! We don't have the strategic advantage in this situation! If not captain we need to push harder! This is an all or nothing the longer we stay in the location the bigger chance the swamp terrain will play against us!" Adam warned as he tried his best to stay out of harm's way. He wasn't trying to be a craven but at this point in time he was miserably outplayed. The devil fruit users didn't play by the standard rules of the world. His footing was constantly at risk. He kept his eyes covered from the blast of light using his sleeve relying on his sense of hearing to do his work for him in order to dodge what he could if something came his way. He cursed himself internally for being useless in their current predicament.
Hidden 6 mos ago 6 mos ago Post by Stern Algorithm
Raw
Avatar of Stern Algorithm

Stern Algorithm Loquacious Aggression

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

@Noodles

"I actually don't know where the captain of this ship plans to go next, but why would you need us to take you to Loguetown? Don't you have your own ship and crew?" Handel asked, exasperated. "Look, all I'm saying is: if you trust me and believe that I'm not a defector, you will leave me to carry out my mission, but if you don't trust me, and still wish to see me as a defector, then it doesn't make sense for a fruit user like you to want to be stuck alone in the middle of the sea surrounded by pirates. No marine lieutenant, even if they are a devil-fruit user, can take on a marine commander and six pirates, I guess seven now if the Living Dragon has joined, simultaneously. Technically, that makes a marine commander, a former marine captain, since the Living Dragon had earned the rank of captain before his defection, and six pirates. If you are adamant about capturing these pirates, you should go get your crew and come back to confiscate this boat, or if you are after me, then you can stop all this beating around the bush and just arrest me." Handel didn't know why she was pushing the subject, after all, time was technically on her side, and stalling would work in her favor. Perhaps the fact that her ruse seemed to be falling on deaf ears was irksome, and she was losing patience.
Hidden 6 mos ago Post by Jerkchicken
Raw
Avatar of Jerkchicken

Jerkchicken

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

So many things have happened in the instant this fight had just started. He already had dodged many attacks and been saved from them as well too. He looked as his Captain saved him and herself by parrying that blade. Then there was the fellow that had a dragon themed Zoan powers who had used his wings and fire to great effect. And here he was standing trying to figure out a path for attack against this rival crew and their Captain who was worth quite a bit of money.

"Hey Cap! Back me up on this!" He said to her with a smile. There was no time to waste with this guy and that bounty he had on him. He reached into his poncho and his blade was now in a tangle of straps with explosives on it. He rushed the captain and took a might whirling swing at him, the arc of his blade covered in flames as as the explosives detonated all at once. He was hoping more on damaging the sword and causing him to be a bit unbalanced by the attack, rather than any direct sort of damage. After all, he didn't know if Valar was a Logia user and as far as Flint knew, he didn't have that haki as much he'd love to have it.
Hidden 6 mos ago 6 mos ago Post by Noodles
Raw
GM
Avatar of Noodles

Noodles

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

@Jerkchicken

Despite the fiery sword that descended down upon the pirate Captain Valar, The Captain of the Shade Pirates remained calm over the oncoming attack that is parted in a good chunk of explosions. “Concealing Night,” The area upon the reach of Flint blade turned into the shadows in a mere instant, despite the wild explosions that have taken place. But the feeling of a chunk of metal shows that the attack did not get through.

“Tsk……” Captain Vara hissed at the sight of the looming oncoming Dragonfire.

Reaching on his power, Valar Expanded the range of his shadows, a trail of shadows were left upon for the forests of the Brown isle.

A whirling slash of his sword was heard from the area of darkness. The same sound as the one used on the first exchange of attacks with Alesia.

The Parting Winds soared out of the reaches of his sword, to collide with the dragonfire from above.


Swamps of Brown Isles
@The Rest
The dragonfire surged through with a rippling roar from the massive creature. A pillar of fire rained down the eerie forests. Tall trees burst into flames from the slightest embers. The fires of the dragon consumed the area around the two Captains. The air blurred around the scorching of dragonfires. The flimsy ground of the swamps shook as the Dragon's roar descended down the Swamps. Blackened trees toppled down one after another. Varla’s blade was drawn. That technique of the blade, Alesia had seen it twice. She was expecting for this to happen, in one way or another. If mere dragonfire could take him down. Aelsia lightened her weight against the shifting grounds of the lone swamps. She was sure that it was deliberate, but the reach of the winds did not go as far as the one that is unleashed at the crew of the scarlet Pirates.




Within the Burning Swamps
@jerkchicken

The captain of the Shade pirates seemed to have played the outcome to his own advantage. The surroundings of the site of battle between Valar, Flint and Alesia, was surrounded with dragonfire.

Valar frowned at the current situation. The suriging wind of Valar had Carved a small space within the relentless fire. But the anguished screams of Valkar’s crew had echoed beyond the ring of fires.

“You should be concerned with yourselves first. Both of you are cut off from your crewmates.”

A familiar swing of his blade, and the shifting winds drew the dragonfire towards the black haired captain. That was out of what Alesia had expected to use her crewmate’s attack to his advantage. “Night Wind”, the fires had started to darken from the fruit abilities of the enemy Captain.

“Block that attack for me, I’ll try something.” Alesia sneered at the sight of the menacing dragonfire. The last thing that she would want would be them fighting a person like Valar without the sense of sight. Thrice had she seen Valar did something like this, she hoped that this would go the way that she wants. With one stab towards the back, the winds extended beyond the tip of her blade, as the volley of winds surged beyond the walls of dragonfire.


@vancexentan
Cliffside

The ground of the swamps rattled from the Dragonfire, and the Black Wind had been swept away by the dragonfire. A tint of grey still remained along the dragon.

Upon the falling trees, there is a realisation that the current area that Adam had scoured towards is the cliffside. Not far from the cliffside was a pirate flag. A pirate flag along with a few scrambled chairs and a couple food supply. On the ground was painted with an axe, but it was a symbol of a Jolly Roger rather than an actual X sign from the map. X marks the treasure, what the drunken pirates said back in the bar had some sort of truth to it.

The unstable ground had unearthed the corner of the wooden chest. Rattling sounds could be heard within the treasure box. Now that the Black Wind has been subsided by the dragonfire, to dig the treasure would be a good one.



The White Pearl
@EnterTheHero@Stern Algorithm
Arafal had found the whole charade to be less of a point. He was honestly prepared for a battle of some sort, but from how things goes, it would more be an exchange of words than blades here. And a very obvious question on why not to arrest her. It makes it harder to believe on the whole story, not that he would trust on that, anyhow.

“That’s a good question, Miss Handel. Most of the time, you wouldn’t be able to attack me should you happen to be a member of those Cipher Pol. and I wouldn’t be able to attack you too. So it makes it a fair one?”

Arafel nodded at the statement. It was obvious that he was only pretending to believe on the Cipher Pol story.

“And I don’t fight battles I can’t win. I suppose our exchange of words is over? There’s a new guy at the harbour.”

Arafel stood up to have a clear view from the side of the ship, and a sniff could be heard. “An unfamiliar face down there… I would be putting up on an act now, just a harmless crew pet here.”

Lying along the railings of the ship, Arafel took a quick good look towards the piers, taking a few glances at Coyote.
Hidden 6 mos ago Post by vancexentan
Raw
Avatar of vancexentan

vancexentan Hawk of Endymion

Member Seen 11 hrs ago

Adam having wandered off somehow during that insane battle was not something he had intended on doing but found himself in none the less. And luckily enough it seemed lady fate was on his side after all. A rather crude marking for the treasure had been left on the ground not to far away from where he had wandered off to. He knew the signs from the earth around him that something was buried here. Hating to demean himself by digging he decided he had to regardless. Adam decided to dig up the treasure chest, or whatever was below him quickly enough. At least it got him out of the dumb swamp if it was the former.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet