Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Ryona Zako
Raw
Avatar of Ryona Zako

Ryona Zako Princess of Peril

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

Hannei Baizō/Aina Baizō


Aina's eyes widened in horror as the boy she was just a few feet away from transformed into a disgusting monster. But she came in to save him? Why would he trick her like this? There was a shot of adrenaline and fear and...Aina turned around, her eyes wide, but her knees buckled and she fell onto all fours with a splash. Her head was swimming and she was losing feelings in her limbs. The sudden shock had sent her into a cataplectic attack and she was no longer in full control of her body. "Uuhhsshh..." With her face drooping, she moaned hauntingly, the terror apparent in her dull eyes as she clumsily clambered through the water back to shore.

Hannei, for her part, began to shriek wildly. "AAAIIEEEEE! AAAAAAHHHH! AIINAAAAA! KUSOOOOO! SOMEBODY SAVE HER!" Hannei, for as thin and ineffectual as she was, the spindly girl not even able to climb out from underneath her sister, rushed into the water. "HELP MEEEEEEEE!" She cried. She attempted to loop her sister's arm over her shoulder but she ended up falling into the muck, spitting and coughing as she did so. Her heart was racing a million miles a minute and she was on fire with fear. The twins were in an immediately bad way.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Luminosity
Raw
Avatar of Luminosity

Luminosity Glows in the Dark

Member Seen 3 mos ago

Freya Carstensen

Freya's kick blasted a few teeth out of the nasty green creature, but still it grasped at her, long fingers closing around her ankle. She panicked, trying to take a step back but tripping and falling backwards. She hit the mud with a splat, but getting dirty was the last thing she cared about right now. The goblin was trying to grab her legs now and climb on top of her, and Freya frantically kicked at its face until she was free.

The boy was gone, a horrific horse-like creature replacing him. Brenton tried to fight it before shouting to run, and Aubrey called for iron or steel. Freya crawled backwards on her back, but she thought of little. Maybe her belt's buckle would work, but she didn't like her chances using it as a weapon. She had to agree with Brenton: they need to run.

Aina went down, her twin shrieking for help. Freya was closest, scrambling out of the mud and quickly getting to Aina's other side. "I've got her, come on!" she urged, taking half of Aina's weight under one shoulder and hoping Hannei could handle the rest. "We have to get out of here!"
Hidden 1 yr ago 1 yr ago Post by Typical
Raw
Avatar of Typical

Typical

Member Seen 9 mos ago




When the red-haired simp, Marcus—Scarves, Julian figured, because what kind of dipshit wore scarves?—asked him if he’d been alone, Julian nodded. “Yeah.” Of course he’d been alone. The only thing worse than being forced to spend time outside was being forced to spend it with family. None of it, not listening to his sister whine, his parents nag, or his grandparents ramble, was enjoyable, so of course he’d headed out alone. Inviting one of them along was unthinkable, though that choice had clearly come back to bite him in the ass. Despite all the whining, nagging, and rambling he might’ve had to put up with, being stuck with a family member was more reassuring than being stuck with this lot of randoms, but fuck it it was what it was.

The conclusion Scarves came to was so strange that Julian had to wonder whether the dude’s head was screwed on right. Talking with people was what got them stuck in the forest? Besides the obvious fact that both he and Julian had been alone—which he’d admitted himself, for fuck’s sake—there was the fact that people talked to each other every day without getting stuck in crazy-colored forests. The more obvious answer would be that Marcus was trying too hard to connect dots that had nothing to do with each other, and that forests had something to do with it. Brenton and Venassa dude had been camping, and Julian had literally been walking through a forest. Most obviously and importantly, they were currently in a fucking forest, so why hadn’t that been the go-to connection?

The question of why, then, was the issue. Since Julian was pretty sure no one in their right mind would want to kidnap a borderline anemic kid, he had no idea why he’d been taken. Transporting him without killing him on the road was impressive, but dumping him in the forest? Shooting him on arrival would’ve been more helpful for both of them. At least then he’d get to skip the suffering and starving and the plants would get their fertilizer faster.

A yowl cut through Julian’s thoughts, and he flinched back in time to see something darting through the forest. A cat? Punk rock fantasy, or Aubrey, seemed to think so, though the weird Wonderland reference got her a squint from Julian. She didn’t strike Julian as a book snob, but if she was going to keep making allusions to classics, he’d have to put her down as one.

The group dissolved into dumb theories for a minute, during which Julian tuned out. Instead, his attention went to the forest, which was colorful and strange, its branches flowing into each other like something out of a fantasy game. As far as he knew—and that wasn’t far, but still—trees tended to grow up, not to the side, but here, trees reached in all sorts of directions besides up. Some favored the left or the right, some chose both but still refused the obvious compromise, and some stretched towards nothing at all, letting their curved branches hover ominously overhead.

What stood out more, though, were the flowers. Vivid reds and borderline-neon blues popped in nooks and crannies, and smatterings of golden hues helped bridge the gap and pad the glow of surrealism. But the colors weren’t what bothered Julian; it was the realization that he hadn’t sneezed since waking up. He had thought about sneezing, had had the urge to sneeze, but he always did when he looked at flowers. The more important thing was that he hadn’t sneezed, and that was very, very strange. As someone allergic to every tree and flower on the west coast, including but not limited to style, he was used to the sneezing, itching, and wiping that came with existing, but for some reason he wasn’t feeling particularly uncomfortable at the moment. It was the lack of discomfort, then—the ability to breathe smoothly, to be unbothered for minutes at a time—that unsettled him, and he wasn’t sure what to make of it.

A cry cut through the air, and the group rushed to it, Julian included. The sight that awaited them, however, had him recoil: A boy struggled in the mud of a riverbank, two alien-like creatures grasping at him among the bones. While his brain tried to process the sight, his eyes had a mind of their own, flicking from teeth, to claws, to bones, then back in some delayed circle of confusion and disbelief. His eyes were seeing goblins, but his head was telling him it wasn’t so, that there was no way he was seeing goblins because goblins didn’t exist. This wasn’t some D&D campaign, wasn’t some fantasy game on a screen, so there was no way he was seeing what he was seeing.

So he stood, watching the other kids surge forwards from his place at the edge of the forest, his own body frozen in fear. What the fuck was he supposed to do? Charge in and act like a hero? If there was one thing that Julian was sure to his core about—surer than he’d ever been, than he ever would be—it was that he was no hero.

That said, Julian could be stupid. He’d gladly admit to idiocy now and again, and when he saw the boy shift into a horse and grab onto Pink with his horsey molars, the multiple disconnects in his brain sparked into one, singularly stupid idea.

“Hey, shitweed! Why don’t you pick on someone your own size?” he shouted down the bank, his eyes meeting the horse’s with a challenge. And, in the split second it took for the horse to process his words, his own brain finished processing the shitty rehashed movie line he’d just uttered, and the bones in his legs pretty much melted where he stood.

Yeah, he was fucked.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by LuckyBlackCat
Raw
GM
Avatar of LuckyBlackCat

LuckyBlackCat Cats Will Rule The World

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

@Luminosity @Platinum Cobra @geminironin @Ryona Zako @alexfangtalon @Typical

Aubrey Hughes


“Hey, shitweed! Why don’t you pick on someone your own size?”

Aubrey stared in horror as Julian yelled at the creature. At once, the kelpie changed its course. "But what fun would that be?" it taunted back. Aubrey hadn't expected it to be capable of speech in that form, but that somehow made it all the more terrifying. Not animal, not human, but a being right out of cautionary folktales - galloping towards Julian, no less, albeit awkwardly on its wounded leg.

Keeping her arm around Victor, Aubrey lunged and lashed with the other. "Let's see how much fun you find this!" The chain struck its face, earning another shriek. Aubrey narrowly avoided a hoof as it flailed, lines of welts rising across its cheek. What she didn't avoid were its teeth, which caught the skin of her arm. "Gaaah! Fuck! Fuck you, you overgrown piece of pond scum!" She kicked its legs, pain flaring through her forearm as she managed to pull free. In its wild rage, the kelpie snapped its jaws at her again, getting the belt chain instead.

A choked screech filled the air. Tiny, twisted chain links flew everywhere as the horse spluttered, its mouth covered in sores. "Now looks like a good time to get the fuck away!" Aubrey yelled, feet pounding, belt accessory hanging in her grip with one of its three chains broken. Blood dripped down it from the ragged wound on her arm.

The kelpie, of course, wasn't the only one to worry about. Fingers gripped Aubrey's ankle. With a yelp, she toppled, dragging Victor down with her. "You don't know when to give up, do you?" she seethed, booting the goblin away, hauling herself and Victor back up. Her heart thudded. Not only were the kelpie's eyes fixed on her as it prepared to charge again, the distant shrubbery rustled, as if more creatures closed in.

"Ohh shit, just what we need... Everyone, quick!" She resumed her sprint, but the three beings looped around in various directions, cornering the group against a cliff face.

Spotting one escape route, Aubrey grimaced. What was it going to be, huge tunnel leading to fuck knew where, or rampaging pack of monsters that had likely brought a few friends along? A clawed hand swiped, making the answer clear. In a mad dash, she pulled Victor into the cave.



Brenton Ackerley


"And I've got you." Brenton helped Hannei up, glancing from her to her twin. For all his basic medical knowledge, he was no doctor, and the drooping face baffled him. Was this a normal part of narcolepsy, or did Aina have another condition? All he knew was she needed to get to safety - relative safety, anyway - fast.

Hoping he and Freya wouldn't pull the twins over, he ran for it, only looking back at Aubrey's swearing bout. His eyes widened as the foul creature started choking on her chain links. "Aubrey! You ok? And yeah, sounds like an idea."

Not that getting away would be easy. Even with the horse's momentary distraction, its friends hadn't forgotten about them, rushing at alarming speed, grasping and gnashing. He stared as one of them chased Aubrey and Victor into a tunnel, with that strange glow winking from within.

Letting go of Hannei, he froze. Was that really the best escape route? Crap, what if it was the only one? Were his reservations mostly his usual ones about closed spaces? Only the sight of a hoof snapped him back into action. He pulled away, yelping as its edge caught against his side.

"Ugh... Here goes nothing!" His frantic shout and steps sent pain lancing through the area. Was it just a bruise, or was it a cracked rib? What if it was outright broken, dangerously so? There was no time to think about it, not with other injured people in the cave. Steeling himself, he bit the inside of his lip until he tasted blood, and half ran, half stumbled in.

Although wide enough for several people to fit through, the cave's walls seemed to surround the three like a cage. Brenton's breathing sped up, fresh sparks of agony pulsing through his chest. The low ceiling, making him stoop, didn't help the stifling atmosphere. "Heh... At least a horse can't easily get through here, unless... Oh shit." Realisation sank through him. Unless it shapeshifted. And of course, this wouldn't stop the goblins. He cast a wild glance outside. At least if the monster had to shapeshift to follow, it'd do so in a less convenient form, especially with its wounds. There was no way a bunch of humans would outrun a freaking horse.

"At least it won't be such a threat." His knuckles turned white against the knife's handle as he called to the others, both inside and outside. "Come on!"
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Ryona Zako
Raw
Avatar of Ryona Zako

Ryona Zako Princess of Peril

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

Hannei Baizō/Aina Baizō


Hannei's eyes were wide as she weakly tried to help Aina escape. Her teeth were grit. "Come on!" Aina raised a trembling hand to her face as she desperately struggled against the condition that had plagued her since she was a child, feeling humiliated and stupid. Her legs continued to give out as cataplexy stole the control over her muscles that most people took for granted. She felt like she was trying to control a marionette puppet.

"Gaaah...kusho..." She swore so quietly no one could hear her.

Hannei guided her stumbling sister into the cave with the others, her eyes wide with panic. "Stupid! Stupid idiot! Why'd you go in the pond? Stupid!" Hannei seemed intent on chastising the other twin to death. She could hardly focus on anyone else other than her sister, Aina's arm draped over her shoulder. Hannei's adrenaline seemed to help, and with her legs no longer being submerged in scummy swamp water she could move at a decent enough pace. Aina's survival instinct was on overload, though every couple of seconds she dropped to her knees and Hannei had to pick her up, but she continued to kick forward anyway.

Brenton had let go, which upset Hannei even though he had to do other important things like guiding them all into the cave. The unathletic twin was breathing heavily, her face flushing red and her gasps ragged. Aina slammed a hand into her own head as hard as she could, trying to use pain to force herself awake. Normally not a healthy coping action, but she was desperate and death's equine chompers was only a few tens of feet away.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Luminosity
Raw
Avatar of Luminosity

Luminosity Glows in the Dark

Member Seen 3 mos ago

Freya Carstensen

"Shit, shit, shit..." Freya cursed under her breath as they made their temporary escape into a dark cave, which really didn't feel like an improvement over a forest clearing. She'd expected something to tear into her back or her leg the whole way, not daring to look behind her as she and Brenton helped the twins along, but it never happened. A few of them had some nasty looking cuts and injuries from the little goblin things or the demon-horse, but somehow Freya was more or less untouched.

"Yeah, unless it decides it wants to be a giant spider or a venomous snake next. Fuck!" Freya ran her fingers through her hair and paced, frustrated, terrified, and unable to slow her breathing. She knew she wasn't helping, but this was all kinds of messed up, and getting even worse fast. "Sorry, I just..."

Freya forced herself to stop, close her eyes, and take three deep breaths. She couldn't panic. They were lucky to all still be alive after that shitshow, but panicking was the quickest way to change that. "We can't stay here. We can't go back. I think we just need to hope there's a way out if we go through." Granted, there could easily be something worse than a shapeshifting horse and goblins inside the dark cave, but they had to take their chances, right? Better than going back to die, or staying here to die.

"I'm not hurt, so... I could lead the way. I guess."
Hidden 1 yr ago 1 yr ago Post by LuckyBlackCat
Raw
GM
Avatar of LuckyBlackCat

LuckyBlackCat Cats Will Rule The World

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

@Luminosity @Platinum Cobra @geminironin @Ryona Zako @alexfangtalon @Typical

Aubrey Hughes


"Shit, what's happening?" Aubrey took in Aina's stumbling gait. A narcoleptic attack, or something else? "Come on, Aina, stay with us, stay with Hannei, she's here, I'm here..." It wasn't often that Aubrey's big sisterly side showed, except to Nissa.

"Listen to me, listen to my voice." She hooked her free arm around Hannei's, helping her support Aina, and tugged. "Ah! Fuck fuck fuck!" It became near-impossible not to listen to her voice as the motion pulled at the large, ragged bite wound. She gritted her teeth so hard she thought one would break as blood trickled onto the rocks.

Well, that's a nice trail there, she thought, eyes flicking over the crimson stream in panic. A guaranteed lead to follow. She couldn't even hope the diluted iron in blood was enough to ward off the creatures - their sheer level of violence proved otherwise. Gripping the chain no matter how it hurt to clench her muscles, she forced herself forward, helping the twins and Victor along.

Ahead, she could make out a blue glow that brightened a little with each step. Not that light, bright things were always good.



Brenton Ackerley


Brenton's sore ribs clenched tighter by the second. Freya's fears were perfectly reasonable and all too likely, but that comment hadn't helped. "Let's hope its only options are horse and human," he replied, voice strained. As she offered to lead the way, Brenton hesitated for a split second, then nodded, tight-lipped. Freya was one of the few in any fit state to lead them. "Y-Yeah. Thanks..."

He struggled for enough air to utter more than a few words, and not just because of the injury. The more people crowded into the cave, the more oppressive it became. He glanced behind him nonetheless to check that the others followed, grunting as his lower chest seared. "Everyone..." Coloured dots blurred his view of them. His face tingled, and his knees buckled as the strength seeped from his legs. He knew all too well what this meant.

No, he mentally yelled at himself, no, no, no, get a grip, this is a BAD time to freak out. A bunch of bloodthirsty nightmare creatures were chasing them, and a freaking tunnel of all things was what set off a panic attack? He staggered after Freya, only to stumble, surroundings lurching as his hands and knees struck the ground. "Oh shit..." Each gasp felt like a fresh kick to the ribs.

"Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit..."
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Luminosity
Raw
Avatar of Luminosity

Luminosity Glows in the Dark

Member Seen 3 mos ago

Freya Carstensen

Come on, Freya, keep it together...

The scores of panicked breathing and frantic curses behind her were seriously stressing her out, but Freya supposed that total silence would be even worse. She put one foot in front of the other and made it deeper into the cave, the damp cool in the dark serving to send a chill through her, enough to make her shudder before long.

She saw the light ahead and slowed to a stop, squinting to try to make out what it was, but her eyes refused to adjust, or perhaps it was still too far away. Regardless, her attention was drawn away when she heard one of them drop to the ground behind her. She turned her back on the light to see Brenton on his hands and knees, breathing rapidly, each gasp clearly paining him.

Freya knew a panic attack when she saw one. It had to be either the dark or the cramped cave, or both, that was getting to him. She didn't know exactly what to do, but she wasn't going to just stand there and watch. She knelt down in front of him.

"Hey, it's okay," she said, putting a hand lightly on his shoulder. "I know it's dark, but we've got a lot of space still. We'll just take it slow. Look at me. Just try to breathe slow, okay? Don't force it." She really didn't know if that would help, but they really had to keep moving. Multiple people were bleeding still, and for all they knew something was on their tail. And there was still the light ahead...
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by alexfangtalon
Raw
Avatar of alexfangtalon

alexfangtalon I AM HAMSTER / HEAR ME SQUEAK

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago







Marcus' mind was a whirlwind of questions and confusion. The teen who usually could always come up with something to say had no idea how to respond to the events that had been going on. They were being chased by monsters. They were also fighting monsters. Nothing made sense anymore. All he knew was that he and the others needed to keep moving. Everyone was either hurt or helping the hurt to run away. He and the youngest kid had basically frozen while everyone else acted. Standing in the cave among the others he vaguely remembered grabbing the collar of the kid who provoked a monster and running alongside him. The two of them would've been trampled by the beast had Aubrey not attacked it when it wasn't looking. His mind was still blanking on a few of the details which had lead them here but other than the injuries and Aina's issues they had all made it.

But despite the fact it didn't seem like the monsters were following them, the situation wasn't exactly getting any better. Aubrey was injured trying to drag an injured Victor along with trying to help Hannei pull along the drifting Aina. Both Freya and Breton were starting to panic but at the very least it seemed Brenton's panic was getting Freya to almost ignore her own. Then there was himself, Julian, and Annette just silently following behind. This wasn't working. Who knew how long they had to get a lead from the low-level persona. He smacked himself in the face trying to get himself to focus. They needed to get moving and they needed to work together or they'd probably become water horse food. "Julian, Annette, we aren't hurt so please help the hurt people move. Hannei, you don't know me but dragging your sister isn't working so help me get her on my back. Brenton, think about your dream vacation spot and just look at Freya's back. Bucephalus isn't going to wait forever so just GO!" Despite trying to sound calm Marcus' voice cracked many times but he still moved towards the twins. They had to run. Hopefully, whatever that blue glow was happened to be a place they could rest or was at least safe.





It's cold. The small, dark, and cramped space stretched on and on. She was regretting not grabbing a light source when she had the chance. There had to be an exit somewhere, right? Maizey stumbled along clutching her stomach. How long had it been since she had something to eat? It hadn't been that long since she had gotten away. Had it? She couldn't tell anymore. It was way to easy to lose track of time when you couldn't see the sun. Or whatever these monsters chose to call their version of the sun. She had never tried to ask what they called anything. Maizey reached out to feel the wall and slowly slid down it to rest. Where had they taken Hazel? She was always better at figuring out what to do next. Maizey had just gone along with what the older girl said. She was more action than idea and planning. The young girl decided that she would take a short nap before continuing her search for a way to the forest.

Before she felt her eyelids drop completely, a cacophony of noise echoed through the natural halls to the ears of the child. She was soon wide awake tightly gripping the bow in her hand. Had she accidentally left a trail? No, it sounded like it was from the direction she was heading. She got to her feet in a crouch and slowly made her way towards the noise. As she got closer she could see the usual blue glow that seemed to infest these tunnels. She wasn't sure if approaching that light was a good idea but turning back wasn't that great of an idea either. As she got closer she could begin to vaguely hear the voices. They sounded panicked? Terrified? Both and more was the likely answer. Did that mean they weren't some of the monsters? Not really but chances were leaning towards that option. She kept moving forward until she could see the source of the light. She couldn't see the source of the voices but they sounded like they were getting closer. She nocked one of the ugly arrows into her bow taking a deep breath waiting for the voices to pair with something physical.
Hidden 1 yr ago 1 yr ago Post by LuckyBlackCat
Raw
GM
Avatar of LuckyBlackCat

LuckyBlackCat Cats Will Rule The World

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

@Luminosity @Platinum Cobra @geminironin @Ryona Zako @alexfangtalon @Typical


Brenton Ackerley


Through the panic, Brenton was vaguely aware of a hand on his shoulder, and a voice. He tried to breathe slowly as Freya advised, but each stab of pain made his breath rush back out. As Marcus took charge of the situation and spoke up, Brenton nodded, forcing himself forward on his hands and knees. Not an easy thing to do while still gripping the knife, knuckles scraping against rock. Dammit, he was already putting Freya in danger like this. If he went to pieces, he'd be even more of a liability.

"Heh... Surfing in Australia sounds nice," he panted, focusing on Freya's back. "And after this, I'll be able to deal with the snakes and spiders there no problem." Picturing a clear blue sea, he mentally repeated Freya's words. We've got a lot of space still. It didn't feel like it, but at least the crowding meant everyone else was safe, or as close to safe as they could be.

The tunnel led to a thankfully larger chamber, that blue light casting an odd glow on the rocks and on a shallow stream. Gripping a stony outcropping, Brenton pulled himself up with a wince and steadied his breathing the best he could. "Well that's not your average cave torch." The light source was clear now, some kind of hewn stone pedestal, a glow like a wispy flame emanating from its centre.

Even if they'd managed to escape their attackers, they weren't alone. This cave was clearly inhabited. Glancing around for further danger, Brenton yelped and staggered back at the sight of a figure. A figure with a bow and arrow, pointed right at them.



Aubrey Hughes


With difficulty, Aubrey helped Hannei haul Aina onto Marcus' back. "It's ok, this is no problem," she reassured them through clenched teeth, even though the patch of torn flesh burned. How deep was the wound? Trying not to think about it, she hurried after Freya, pulling Victor towards that odd glimmer. "Aina, Brenton, listen to me, we're going to get out, we're going to get the fuck out of here..."

The tunnel widened into a chamber, large enough for her to stand at full height. Foot splashing into a trickle of water, Aubrey stepped back, frowning at the glowing structure that looked like it belonged in a video game. "Whoever set that up, I sure hope they're friendlier than those three..."

She whirled round, nearly falling into the stream. Judging by the gnarled makeshift arrow pointed in their direction, the nearby crouching figure was NOT friendly. "Can't we get a fucking break already?" Pulling back, Aubrey raised the belt chain. That was when she fully registered the figure - a child, no older than ten. A human child, if a wild-looking one.

Aubrey mentally scolded herself for swearing at a kid, but kept her guard up. After the trick the kelpie had pulled, how could they be sure this girl truly was human? "Who are you?" Aubrey asked, with a tentative step closer.

Before she could get an answer, a scuttling sound caught her attention. Something small and long-fingered leapt through the tunnel, right at them. "Ah!" This time, Aubrey did topple as she dodged, water soaking her jeans. "You again?" She made a clumsy, pained swing with the chain, the lake goblin giggling as it danced out of the way.

The group really couldn't get a break.
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Luminosity
Raw
Avatar of Luminosity

Luminosity Glows in the Dark

Member Seen 3 mos ago

Freya Carstensen

Freya wondered how long her adrenaline was going to last, how long it would be before exhaustion crept over her, before thirst and hunger got the better of her. They'd need to find somewhere to rest, somewhere safe, and they needed to figure out what the hell was safe to eat and drink in this place. So far, it seemed like they had no plan for any of that.

Freya yelped in surprise and fear when she noticed the bow being pointed at her and the others. "Don't shoot, don't shoot!" she pleaded, raising her hands, before she noticed the age of the child, and that was enough to give her a moment of pause. She was about as frightening to look at as anything else down here, but was that hesitation in her eyes? Everything else that hunted them so far seemed so certain.

Oh no, more of these things! More lake goblins, or at least one of them, and Aubrey couldn't hit it. Freya tried to run up and kick it as she had earlier, but it turned on her with startling speed, jumping at her and knocking her backwards. Freya splashed down onto her back in the shallow stream, the cold of the water shocking her senses, but she was more concerned with the goblin now on top of her.

She screamed, desperately covering her head and face with her arms as she felt angry claws raining on her. Her forearms took a few cuts, and then she felt a sharp blooming pain in her right side, the water immediately around her starting to turn a dark shade of red. Freya squirmed and writhed in the shallow water, but couldn't get free.
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Ryona Zako
Raw
Avatar of Ryona Zako

Ryona Zako Princess of Peril

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

Hannei Baizō/Aina Baizō


Aina's adrenaline was helping her push through the attack for now, though it felt like her body was tearing apart at the seams because of it. With the help of her twin sister and Aubrey, she managed to make progress down the tunnel. Thankfully it was Marcus who came to their aid the most, and Hannei nodded quickly. Aina was now on Marcus' back, and Hannei was angrily fretting behind her, frustrated at this entire mess. Many of these people, Hannei thought, were just dumb kids. None of them were cut out for this. None of this would have happened if they had just left that stupid kid in the pond alone! Hannei would never trust a creature in these magical forests ever again.

Aina was helpless on Marcus' back, staring dully at the panic around them.

Hannei saw Freya be tackled and bloodied by the creature, and while her twin sister might have aided Freya, Hannei would not. She felt she was too smart to do such a thing, but perhaps she was just too cowardly. Hannei didn't want to be eaten by a goblin If Freya couldn't handle the goblin, then Hannei couldn't either. The japanese girl hesitated at the sight before staring angrily at the little girl with the bow and arrow. Losing rationality, Hannei thought it best to somehow convince the child to help them.

She stormed over to the forest child. "SHOOT THE MONSTERS! You better help us! Save her! Now!" Hannei demanded in her entitled frenzy. She pointed frantically at Freya and stomped the stoney floor of the cave. Her mascara was running slightly down her face, and the terror and fury was plain to see on her face. Her hands curled so tightly into fists her knuckles were white. Her entire body was trembling with helpless rage. Hannei had never been in a situation as dire as this one, but her fiery temper had been cranked up to an irrational eleven.
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by alexfangtalon
Raw
Avatar of alexfangtalon

alexfangtalon I AM HAMSTER / HEAR ME SQUEAK

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago





Maizey watched as the loud panicky group which was in various states of health stumbled into the cave chamber. They were obviously human now that she could see them. Looking closer they seemed like they might be new. When they noticed her the range of reactions told her they had no idea what they were doing. She had no intention yet of answering any of their questions nor did she want to shoot them. Maybe. But it didn't seem like that even mattered as one of the lake greenies had appeared instantly continuing its little game. She was surprised to see only one what with the state of injury the new people were in. Maizey stood by to see how these people handled it. In her opinion, they were lucky to even have made it to the caves. They were freaking out like idiots and then one even started screaming at her to help them. Maizey wanted to laugh. These guys were interesting. But she didn't think staying with them would be a good idea.

She took a step back but one of them caught her attention. She looked at him and felt like she recognized him. For some reason, this spurned the child to let loose the arrow which was aimed right at the goblin's head. However, as they weren't made very well the bolt veered a little off course and struck right into the side of the creature. Maizey frowned at this. "Dang it. Stupid greenie!" With the yell, Maizey pulled out her knife while tossing the bow aside and ran straight for the Goblin and Freya. Once she got there she plunged the knife into the spine of the monster. She then used all of her strength to try and shove the creature off of Freya and then began stabbing it again."Stop panicking you, idiots. That fixes their damage!" Once she saw that Freya had gotten up, Maizey quickly moved away from the Goblin. She held her knife up with it pointed in the monster's direction. She had no idea if it was alive or not and she didn't care it was time to leave. "How many?"
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by LuckyBlackCat
Raw
GM
Avatar of LuckyBlackCat

LuckyBlackCat Cats Will Rule The World

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

@Luminosity @geminironin @Ryona Zako @alexfangtalon @Typical
Aubrey Hughes


"Freya!" Spurred on by adrenaline, Aubrey clambered forward, but the damage was done. A dark red cloud billowed in the water around Freya, while the goblin... She wasn't imagining it. Its wounds from earlier began to close up, its grin even revealing the two teeth it had lost earlier starting to grow back. "Shit... Guys! Do something!" Flailing at the creature, Aubrey stared wildly at the rest of the group, the newcomer in particular, who let loose an arrow.

Aubrey stumbled back. A split second later, a yelp went up, followed by a splash as the goblin toppled. Frog-like eyes bulging, it clawed at the sharp branch jutting from its side. In a flash, the little girl was upon it, jabbing a knife into its back. It screeched again, its legs going slack, which allowed the girl to drag it off of Freya as easily as she would a rag doll. Aubrey watched, open-mouthed, as the child drove the knife into it again and again until its mangled body stopped twitching. For all her gratitude, the sheer ferocity of this girl startled her - it was clear she must have had to do this before. Many times before.

Panting, she crawled away from the unmoving form, towards Freya and the forest child. "Three. Three of them," she gasped. "Well, two now, hopefully... Another of those frog freaks, and a shapeshifting water horse." She cast a glance towards the entrance, and frowned.

The entrance was gone. Aubrey found herself facing a rocky wall, as if the tunnel had never been there. "Ugh, can't even the geography be simple around here?" she groaned. "Everyone?" Wet hair whipped her face as she glanced from side to side. Once she saw the group hadn't been separated, she sighed in relief. Well, at least that solved the issue of the pursuers, but presented another slight issue. A cave that kept changing would be just a tad difficult to navigate.

First things first, she told herself. The relative safety made now as good a time as any to treat the injured. Rising to her feet, she stumbled towards Freya. "Brenton, quick!"



Brenton Ackerley


Through the panic-induced exhaustion, Brenton staggered forward, but the girl sprang into action right away. He gaped at the flurry of jabs - ok, this girl had to have been here a while, and been through some messed up shit, to fight like that. "Remind me never to get on your bad side," he said with a weak smile. "Let's go, before anything else gets through."

As Aubrey furrowed her brow at the entrance - or rather, what had once been the entrance - it became clear nothing else was going to get through. Which possibly included them. Brenton's mouth went dry, terror resurging. "W-well, not like we wanted to backtrack anyway," he said, voice shaking as he scanned around desperately for any hint of an exit. Tunnels stretched ahead of them, some of which he could have sworn weren't there earlier, but there was no telling where they'd lead.

Not that now was the time to let panic get to him. Hand pressed to his ribs, he put away the pocket knife and headed over to Freya. With a grunt, he crouched and took out the medical kit. "It's ok, it's gonna be ok," he said, hands clammy and trembling despite his words, making him fumble with the disposable gloves and gauze. So very comforting, he scolded himself as he pressed the gauze to the wound. "You'll be alright, and we've got to find a way out soon enough..."

He turned to the wild girl. "Thanks there. I take it you know the way out, right...?"




The group wouldn't have had to worry about their pursuers anyway.

Outside of the cave, the lake's surface rippled as the kelpie retreated, casting a pale-eyed glare behind him before diving down. Several feet away, the second goblin lay sprawled and motionless in the grass, its throat a wreckage of gouges.

A figure hunched over it, clawed fingers dripping blood, fur matted with his own. With a pained growl, the creature limped towards the cave. His eyes narrowed. He'd lost them. It was a veritable maze in there, space twisting and turning on itself, but he'd have to find his way around enough to get to them, before anyone else did.

His form shimmering and shrinking, he scurried into the cave, along the ever-shifting routes while keeping alert for the true path through the complex.

The teens, several chambers away, wouldn't know yet, but either someone was looking out for them, or they had another enemy on their trail.
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Ryona Zako
Raw
Avatar of Ryona Zako

Ryona Zako Princess of Peril

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

Hannei Baizō/Aina Baizō


Hannei clenched her fists and bounced up and down triumphanty as her diplomatic skills resulted in the magical forest child's help. "Yes! I did it!" She hissed proudly through her clenched teeth. She exhaled as everything seemed to calm down. Thankfully, the cave doors sealed shut behind them. "Luckyyy!" She shouted, throwing her arms up in the air. Aina let herself down off Marcus's back. Hannei rushed over, bouncing quickly along, to assist her.

With a huff Aina landed on her behind, propping herself up against boulder. Exhausted and out of energy, her adrenaline faded and she gave into her attack. Hannei sat down and cuddled up next to her sister as Aina went limp and closed her eyes, her head falling in the nook of Hannei's shoulder.

"Freya got stabbed. I'm tired. Aina's tired. I need a break, my legs feel like they are about to fall off. Lesson learned, no more helping out other kids. We have to look out for ourselves." Hannei declared. She pointed a finger at the cave child. "That goes for you too, lady. You better not betray us." She lowered her finger and curled her knees against her chest, clutching her legs with her arms.

Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Luminosity
Raw
Avatar of Luminosity

Luminosity Glows in the Dark

Member Seen 3 mos ago

Freya Carstensen

Freya couldn't breathe, even though the water wasn't splashing over her entire head. It did get in her eyes, and when something happened and the goblin creature was forced off of her, she rolled over, sputtering and coughing. She crawled away frantically, or at least tried to, but the sudden effort caused another shooting pain, and she stopped, clutching her side.

There were people around her, people she didn't even recognize for a moment until she remembered where she was and what had happened. They were saying things, but she didn't hear any of them, just a muffled murmur. Water in her ears or something? No, she just... couldn't think straight. She tried to get to her knees, but ended up just sitting on her side at the edge of the water, still trying to catch her breath. Her clothes were soaked through, her dark hair dripping.

A sudden pain made her wince and double over, before she realized that Brenton had pressed something against her side. She glanced down, catching a glimpse of the hole in her top, and blood slowly seeping out and staining the gauze. No, idiot, don't look, don't look. She hadn't been hurt like this since, well...

She closed her eyes. "Th-thank you," she stammered, not really sure to whom. Everyone that had just prevented her from dying, she supposed.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet