• Name: Haruka Ashikaga
• Title: Gaze that stares back.
• Age: Physical appearance is 25, spiritual age is unknown.
• Species: Mirror demon
• Personality: A daughter of the influential businessman, an inheritor of the rich company. Charming, smart, cunning, polite - the impression Haruka usually gives to her business partners of hers during the business meetings. Ever since her father’s mysterious death she stepped into the presidential position and she has shown herself quite capable of leading the international company not only afloat in the aggressive and violent seas of world trading, but also lead it into even more fruitful prosperity than before, and at such a young age! She is seen as a wunderkind of the business world by many, as well as a capable partner and reliable strategist.
That is on the surface glance. Not that many in the world of the money float are very interested in looking at people beyond their everyday appearances. Not that many who desired and managed to see deeper into her were to tell that story to the world, or to anyone for that matter. None of them survived. Some of them were happy to see death as their liberation.
Haruka Ashikaga is not what she seems, due to her not being herself, or not in fact what she was. It is a doppelganger of Haruka Ashikaga, a reflection that came from behind the mirror glass which gazed back onto her and took her place, stripping her of her personality and agency over herself. A demon of no name, no physical shape - just an eye that looks back, a parasitic gaze which stares back from the reflection, from the deeper corners of oneself and shapes up into the reality in the shape of the appearance in which it looked. An appearance which hides a sadistic mind and hunger, a demon with a passionate love of knives and keen to play with her food and her prey. A demon who takes enjoyment in control over humans, whom she sees no more than cattle, with maybe a few notable exceptions.
• Background: Original Haruka Ashikaga is not a specifically good person, if she is to be judged and described by the people surrounding her - that would be people who mainly whoever worked for her and her father. Growing up in a strict authoritative family with a clear access to various luxurious pleasures and entertainments she grew up into being possessive and as an authoritative person with a clear lack of tolerance and patience towards things she could’ve seen as a disturbance to her own existence.
Said emotional disruption attracted the hunger of the Eye - the most basic manifestation of the Mirror Demon. It lurked through the reflective shapes of the city and the various traces of emotion and existence Haruka has left; finding the shape of her existence a fine vessel in order to manifest itself into the physical world. The Eye kept on watching her, appearing in the mirrors, water puddles, surfaces of screens and glasses - a black shaped gaze with a red swirl on the place of the eye pupil, appearing in the most obscure spots of the reflections, on the corner of being seen by an eye, but still noticeable, driving feart into Haruka’s mind. A fear that sprayed over her mind in the opening for the gaze to creep over her, seek out the deeper corners of her mind and her past: everything she was, the demon started to reflect onto itself, starting to construct the doppleganger.
And one day when the girl saw her face reflected in the glass of water, she saw the gaze with the balck on its eyes reflecting back at her, and from there she lost her rights to own her identity to the Mirror Demon. A doppleganger shifted places with her - a better version of herself driven by the malice of the demon with Haruka herself disappearing with no trace to be found. Doppelganger took her identity, her past, present and future; while being smarter, sharper at words and noticing details, and way greater in her hunger to torment the human kin.
Though to the unknown observer one could’ve find the personality of Haruka’s taking a turn for the better - the girl became less impulsive, more charming to the people unknown to her; even though this softer and more polite appearance hid under it a deep mania and bloodlust, as well as cold shaped strive for power. Mysterious accident of Haruka’s father crashing in his car was of course no coincidence as well as some other mysterious disappearances of people whom she considered a threat. Or whom she considered a pretty snack for her desires.
• Inventory: Except for the usual number of items natural to have for somebody in the high echelons of international business - be it a set of expensive hand-made suits, smartphones (plural), diaries and else - she always carries knives with herself. A lot of knives.
Being a creature of reflections and a demon of mirrors, Haruka even in her physical shape can use mirrored reflections to move around. It is not using mirrors themselves, but rather a reflection they provide for Haruka to shift her position towards the point which the mirrored surface reflects. In order to do it, she has to have the wanted angle of the reflection in her sight.
With the same kind of framework Haruka is capable of using her prime weapon - knives - in order to attack from the reflective surfaces: via knife blades appearing from said reflections with a sharp piercing motion.
Aside from her more supernatural abilities, Haruka is simply well trained with using knives as a weapon - both in close combat and throwing them at her enemies. She as well can use the reflections knives have on the surface of the blade to use her abilities.