Microfiction and poetry contest #5
What is the goal?
The Microfiction and Poetry Contest is more of a writing exercise than a contest, but there will be a voting round at the end. The aim for this writing contest doesn’t have to be a story with a beginning-middle-end like we do in the RPGC’s, although it may be and it’s a challenge in itself to tell a story in very few words.
This contest aims to be a lot broader. You are free to experiment with literary and poetic devices, explore different types of poetry or zoom in on a literary technique. Go with something you know, practice the things you feel could use some work, or try something new.
Feel like some purple prose? Make it as purple as you can. Always wanted to toy with alliterations? Now is your chance. Want to try a 6-word-story? It’s within the word count limits. Funny dialogue, sonnets, haiku’s, … The only limit is the word count.
Another thing about this contest is equally important to know: this is more in line with free-writing than it is with planning and plotting: you only have one week to submit something. It doesn't have to be perfect, but I hope to see some unique and creative takes on the prompt, which you can read below in the contest rules.
- At all times follow the Fundamental Rules of the Guild and the Moderation Policy for Forum Contests.
- After reading the above this should be obvious: No plagiarism and respect copyright laws.
- Your submission must be written by you and specifically for this contest.
- This is a place for original fiction, no fanfiction allowed.
- No explicit sex, but you may fade to black.
- No excessive violence or gore.
- Don’t forget to subscribe to this thread. You will receive updates on the contest and on the number of entries, and reminders about the deadline here. I will not PM them.
- The winner of this contest will be honoured in our Hall of Fame.
- The prompt for this contest is Sleep.
- There will be a minimum word count of 5 and a maximum of 500
- Any literary or poetry style is permitted.
- Please PM @Calle the entries and give it as title MFP#5 - (Your Title).
- Your entry can be anonymous or carry your name. Let me know what you want in the PM. If you don't specify, your entry will be posted anonymously, but you may always claim your story during or at the end of the voting round.
- The deadline is April 21th, 9:00 CET, which is 7:00 server time (both times are in a.m.)
Number of entries so far: 3