Hidden 3 mos ago Post by KatherinWinter
Raw
GM
Avatar of KatherinWinter

KatherinWinter Unidentified Lifeform

Member Seen 1 hr ago

"I don't know how much research he's done but I'd rather avoid anyone you've been know to associate with." Roxy told him. It wasn't likely that her father had done much research. Not yet but he would. It was best to leave as little trail as possible. She had no idea how they found this place. By all logic it should have been low on their list. She didn't believe it was chance they had gotten so close.

"Not the safest place to access the chip but I can't think of anything else." Roxy answered. They would have to find a place to access the chip. Wyn mentioned an internet Cafe. She was sure there was on it as a college town but that would cost. While she had funds they would have to go towards lodging and food. "Maybe a library. Some have those rooms were we would have some privacy."
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Raptra
Raw
Avatar of Raptra

Raptra Fluorescent Birb

Member Seen 8 hrs ago

Wyn shrugged, gazing out the window for a bit. "Just let me know when you get desperate, I guess."

"That's another," he then commented in response to her suggesting a library. "Just a place where we wouldn't be cornered if your dad finds us, and considering how quick he was to locate us back there, we'd likely have to do some running after looking at what's on that, wherever we decided to do it."

He turned back to her after some time. "If you were after the chip too, then surely you must have at least some idea about what's on that thing. Some sort of blackmail material? A bunch of your dad's embarrassing childhood photos?"

He chuckled at his last remark. The joke may or may not have lightened the overall mood, but having such entertaining images of the man responsible for the deaths of his biological parents in his head was helping him cope with the current situation. However, he was unsure how well he would do if he saw him again in person, and he had a strong feeling that was going to happen, eventually.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by KatherinWinter
Raw
GM
Avatar of KatherinWinter

KatherinWinter Unidentified Lifeform

Member Seen 1 hr ago

"I don't know if there's a place where we won't be pinned." Roxy told him honestly. Her father was a powerful and smart. He would be careful they didn't escape once he found her. She considered herself resourceful but she didn't know if she could out think her father. The fact that she had been his right hand man for most of her life gave her an insight on how he thought but that clearly wasn't enough. Not when he had found her within forty-eight hours of her finding Wynn.

"I have no clue what's on it." She told him honestly. Her guess was image he used for blackmailing others. Or proof of some crime. Whatever it was it was important to him. At least he wanted possession of it. It didn't matter why or what it was. It would buy her freedom. She was determined to have control of her life.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Raptra
Raw
Avatar of Raptra

Raptra Fluorescent Birb

Member Seen 8 hrs ago

Wyn scoffed when she mentioned that she did not know a place where they would be safe taking a look at what was on the disc. "I take that back. You sound pretty desperate already. I should have said 'When you get desperate enough'."

He let out a sigh at her response to his question about what the chip was about, but decided to bite his tongue about it otherwise. They had only known each other for less than a day, so he still was not sure where her boiling point was. The situation was stressful enough as it was, and he would not put a mafia princess above snapping and murdering him if he got on her nerves too much. Then again, if he had meant that little to her, she would have had already tossed him aside the moment they had found the chip. It was likely that she needed the disc just as a trade-off for something her father had over her, but it was definitely worth constantly being on the run for, at least to her.

"I guess whichever place we find to check that thing out doesn't matter then," he remarked. "We just have to keep our guards up while doing so and be ready to run."
Hidden 27 days ago Post by KatherinWinter
Raw
GM
Avatar of KatherinWinter

KatherinWinter Unidentified Lifeform

Member Seen 1 hr ago

"I'm not desperate. I don't care what's on the disc." Roxy assured him. That was a half truth. It didn't matter to her what the material was. What matter was that her father wanted it backly enough to chase her. If it wasn't important or threatening he would just let her have it. He knew she wouldn't do anything to endangered Drake.

"A place with more than one exit would be beneficial but a public place might be our only option." Roxy checked behind them but didn't see any lights. But there was only one road so they hadn't lost them yet. She relaxed when she saw a fork in the road. She took the left road the more branches the harder it would be for them to be found.
Hidden 14 days ago 14 days ago Post by Raptra
Raw
Avatar of Raptra

Raptra Fluorescent Birb

Member Seen 8 hrs ago

The drive, although swift, had been uneventful. The longer they spent on the road, the more distant the threat of the crime boss and his gang catching up to them seemed to get. It would probably still have helped to stay alert, but drifting away was tempting, especially to seek some relief from the memories of last night's events. Kirk had likely figured out that he was in trouble, since he had not returned to their dormitory the night before, and he was sure that his entire cohort would know he was missing by the afternoon. How was he going to explain this one? Provided he was eventually going to return to his life, of course. The thought of that not happening was simply too much to handle at the moment.

"You're not? So you don't actually need to see what's on it, or...?" He asked in confusion, still unsure of where they were going. "I mean, we're still looking for a place to access it, aren't we? Well, if they don't want to cause a scene like you've said, then a public place should be as good as any."

He noticed when the road split into two. It would help if, again, her father did not have some device tracking the chip itself. Even if that were the case, it depended on how many vehicles were after them. They did not have a chance to have a look at that detail. Multiple cars could split up at a fork like the one they had just passed.

"So does your dad usually travel with like, a whole convoy?"
Hidden 2 days ago Post by KatherinWinter
Raw
GM
Avatar of KatherinWinter

KatherinWinter Unidentified Lifeform

Member Seen 1 hr ago

"Seeing it would help but no. I don't really care what's on it. What matters is that my father wants it and I have it." It gave her power. Something she she needed. She had just gained control of her life she wasn't going to lose it but she knew if she didn't have some kind of edge that she would lose it. It had been crumbling under her when she had learned of the chip.

"No he doesn't travel with a convey but he does gave several people that he can send after us." Hopefully if they lost them and stayed away from places either of them knew they might be able to avoid capture. Honestly she hadn't thought beyond getting the chip. She hadn't thought she would be acquire it as quickly as she did. "I haven't really thought this out." She admitted. She hadn't planned on having to consider another person.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet