Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Lurking Krog
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lurking Krog

Lurking Krog Caffeinated Lurker.

Member Seen 1 hr ago

The inn keep mentions to a man by the kegs and he starts to pour an ale for Kythor. One of the servers nods to Foxfire, collects the coins, and heads to grab a flagon to refill the mug with.

The inn keep set the mug down for Kythor. "Here's your ale. As for someone who can handle a ship there may be a few folk here. Most are probably already out on the ice trying to catch some more fish. The owner of the ferry maybe able to help you since his ship is frozen in the ice. The half elf over there may be able to help as well. Simon Erickson I believe is his name. He's been trying to gather some extra coin since his ship got burned by a clumsy oaf who knocked over an oil lantern."

Rinaldo stands on top a table to see who called out to him. "None really know how she died saddly. Most think she drowned in the lake as well. You could ask her yourself as I believe she is getting closer to us. I'm holding a séance in my room at the back of the inn."

A few folk at tables near the fireplace eye the massive dragonborn as he moves closer to the fire to warm up.
1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Looking For Group

Member Seen 1 day ago

DOMIC ROCKERSTAR HATCHETMAN


Domic joined the others heading into the tavern. "Thing of ale for me, if ya please." As Domic got himself comfortable he heard the halfling's tale about the White Lady and her husband. He's heard similar stories back at home, usually a very real story with far too much embellishment. Or missing some crucial details. Still, could be a grain of truth in it. Or at the very least, a bunch of bodies to prove that someone believes it. "Old miser must've been hiding some terrible secret that he'd go to the grave for it. If I could breath water and not freeze to death I might be interested in such a thing, but I'm not fool enough to take a dip into the lake to find out the old man might be a homewrecker or some other mundane thing." Domic loudly exclaimed after he listened to the halflings tale.

Seemed like there was also another boisterous lass here. Some sort of... Fox person? More person than fox. For a moment he thought her ears were just a hat but looking at her more, she really did have fox ears. Must be a northern thing. Still she was loud, and obviously foreign. Perfect for the company! After getting his drink Domic headed over to the fox person's table. "Howdy there! You don't seem to be from these parts neither eh? Name's Domic, Domic Rockerstar Hatchetman. Funny story that halfling had. Think that the old miser's treasure's true, you'd go for it?" The gnome asked the fox. While she certainly had a mouth on her, he wanted to see if she had the taste for adventure as well. See if she's a fit for their crusty crew here.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Foxfire


Foxfire was somewhat surprised that someone actually approached her, but that surprise faded in favor for a grin as he spoke. She greeted Domic in return, once he finished speaking, "Yo! Name's Foxfire. Nah, I'm not from here. As for the treasure..."

She then shrugs and she comments, "Yeah, I'd probably go for it if it was real. The monastery could use that gold, and I could use that, for supplies. I would probably try to fish out though. It's not worth freezing my tail off,"

She side eyes the halfling, Rinaldo, and she comments to Domic, "Though, if you ask me: I think the seance is the worst idea I've heard. Spirits can get violent, and unless you know magic, you can't exactly fight it off,"

1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Norschtalen
Raw
Avatar of Norschtalen

Norschtalen

Member Seen 2 mos ago

Kyra


It seemed like everyone was going to go rest up at the inn first. Kyra wasn't against it, but she did think they should focus about their quest first before they start getting too comfortable. But majority rules here, so Kyra followed them. Once inside the White Lady Inn, Kyra simply asked for some hot soup, paying the coin as she looked around. Seemed fairly lively all things considered. Kyra was interested in the storyteller in particular. In her village, such people were the ones to go to if you wanted to know anything local going on. Sure they may spin tall tales, but their jobs require them to keep their ears to the ground about anything going on. If anyone here has any idea of what might've happened to those sailors, this Rinaldo may have a clue.

"Excuse me. Couldn't help hear your story about the White Lady. Would you happen to know any other stories local to this area? I'm sure a place like Easthaven has plenty of tales to tell."
1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Dark Cloud
Raw
Avatar of Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud Average Kobold Enjoyer

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Z A G R E N






Zagren stood from the fireplace where he had knelt to warm himself, the usual stoic and imperceptible expression upon the dragonborn's snout instead bearing his teeth and hissing something horrible in his native tongue. He was not amused that the gnome decided to strike up conversation with the loudmouthed woman and less than enthusiastic about having her along with them to the berserker she was a liability.

"Shut up gnome," he spat a glob of acid into the fire making a loud popping noise followed by the hiss of fire, the dragonborn moved to the table and looked the woman in the eye "You know nothing of fight, woman."

Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Foxfire


Foxfire calmly looks to the large Dragonborn who approached her and the gnome. Her smile faded for a calm one, with an eyebrow raised. She stood up from her seat, so she can be ready for anything. She still has to look up to the big guy so that she can make eye contact with him.

Her tone calm, but somewhat snide, she asks the Dragonborn, "What? You got a problem with me, punk? Sorry, I can't speak overgrown lizard,"

Despite the situation, her ears remain up instead of pinning down. She wasn't scared of the guy in front of her. If anything, her tail was starting to wag in anticipation of a fight. She slowly moved her hands behind her back to show that she is not the aggressor, as Sensei had taught her.

When he said that she knew nothing of fight, she barked out a laugh. She comments, "Are you sure about that? You wanna test that? We just met, you know nothing of me,"



1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Dark Cloud
Raw
Avatar of Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud Average Kobold Enjoyer

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Z A G R E N






"Big words, small woman." Zagren hissed, the snideness in her tone pissed the dragonborn off. If she hadn't challenged him Zagren would have just returned to warming himself by the fire but she just had to say one word 'test' and he took that as an act of questioning his strength and indirectly his honor which was something no member of his kind ignored. "Prove self warrior," he rested the greatsword from his shoulder and placed it against the wall "Then I know." as he stood the barbarian almost looked like he was grinning but it was hard to tell if he was or not just bearing his teeth, and then he raised a fist ready to hit her.

Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Lurking Krog
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lurking Krog

Lurking Krog Caffeinated Lurker.

Member Seen 1 hr ago

The man at the kegs looks over at Foxfire and Zagren. HEY! I'll have none of that in here. Take it outside unless you want to find yourself in a holding cell or as the offering to Auril," he bellows across the common hall causing all the other patrons to quiet down. Many look at him then the two new comers waiting for something to happen.
1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Birdboy
Raw
Avatar of Birdboy

Birdboy Feathered freakshow

Member Seen 8 hrs ago

Dullin


Kyra wasn't the only one to be interested in the halfling. Seeing another member of her party move to join him, Dullin followed suit as she listened tentatively to what Rinaldo might have to say. A Seance was right up her alley. Dullin wasn't much for necromancy but any magic was captivating to her. More over, speaking directly to the white lady? That would be like speaking to the dead, and t he dead have many secrets.
1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Looking For Group

Member Seen 1 day ago

DOMIC ROCKERSTAR HATCHETMAN


"AAAAH?" Domic shouted loudly hearing the lizard man tell him to shut up. Now Domic doesn't know the guy. He was fairly quiet. Just joined the team out of his own violation. Certainly never made that much of an impression for himself. But here he was, telling Domic what to do, despite having contributed nothing to the mission and just brooding on his own. Domic was familiar with those types. The types who need a broken jaw to understand that sort of attitude won't fly for long.

"Alright Leatherface. Evidentially this is going to be one of those situations, where because you don't respect anyone who isn't stronger than you, you're going to be a problem for the rest of us. So let me be clear: you're going to have to get used to working with the rest of us, or you can fuck off back to parts unknown. We ain't got obligations to tolerate your ignorant ass." It looked like a fight was brewing, and Domic wasn't going to miss out. Whether it brawl happens here or outside doesn't matter to Domic, he'll go wherever the action takes him.
1x Like Like 1x Thank Thank
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Foxfire


Foxfire could see that the punch was coming, until the innkeeper told them to take it outside.

Before she could say so, Domic already spoke up against the Dragonborn, airing his grievances with him. And just like that, the prospect of fighting the Dragonborn just got better.

She grinned and she responds to Domic, "Hells YES! I like you," She then holds her fist out to him, expecting a fist bump from the little guy.

She then snarls at the Dragonborn, "Let's take this outside, Lizard,"



1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by The Large Dumbo
Raw
Avatar of The Large Dumbo

The Large Dumbo Duke-King-President of Candyland

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Kythor


The tiefling sits back, watching all of this unfold in front of him. He takes a hefty swig of his mead before slamming his mug down on the table. "Fierna, qujy py wzrylqzm..." Kythor scowls, cursing to himself in Infernal. They were supposed to be on the hunt for somebody to help them navigate the waters to find the missing townsfolk, and yet here they were - two of them preparing to head out to fight one of the other patrons. It wasn't that he was annoyed inherently by them fighting, not at all. He'd sparred with his kin fairly frequently until he was separated from them. Instead, it was more irritation at how side-tracked they'd gotten: he would rather they focus on the task at hand before doing something like this.

Well, whatever. He needed not concern himself too much with whatever was brewing between Domic, the large lizardperson, and the fox-eared one. As long as none of them were too seriously injured in whatever was about to happen, they could rip each other to pieces for all he cared. Besides, it wasn't like the ferry captain was going anywhere anytime soon, and they likely wouldn't be able to leave until tomorrow anyways to give the captain time to get set up.

Two of his group had gone over to the halfling, and his interest was piqued. Kythor picks up his mug and approaches the halfling. "A seance?" Kythor repeated, taking a sip from his mug. "You're planning on talkin' to the White Lady's spirit, hm?" The tiefling's skepticism is evident when he scoffs. "Interesting... and just how do you plan on goin' about that?" Conjuring the spirits of the deceased was something that one had to spend many years of dedication and training to undergo, or at least it was the case in his tribe. He watched the halfling carefully, keeping an eye out for any signs of deceit. If this was some sort of scam, then at least he can warn Dullin and Kyra both their time and their coin.

If, however, he was being honest... Well, Kythor was quite intrigued to see such a process for himself.
1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Lurking Krog
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lurking Krog

Lurking Krog Caffeinated Lurker.

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Rinaldo frowned at the dragonborn at his brief outburst. He turned to face the others who had approached him. "I admit there is a slight danger to the ritual I preform, mostly if someone displeases the spirt. I have not had that happen in some time if it is a concern of yours," he takes a sip of warmed mead. "Now the ritual itself I use special incense and scented candles to prepare a space. Once that is complete I will speak the words I've done before to contact spirts from the beyond."

"I do have other tales but I do prefer the tale of the White Lady most, especially when the moon is full. However it is still feasible regardless of the position of the moon. "
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Foxfire & Zagren




Hmph the dragonborn grunted, hesitantly dropping his fist after the barkeep shouted figuring that there was likely a fight brewing in her humble establishment. Zagren shrugged, reluctantly lowering his meaty fist to oblige the request when Domic decided to speak up quite understandably airing out his frustration at the barbarian's attitude thus far.

"You not understand," he shook his head, as much as he felt like clocking the halfling the dragonborn had no quarrel with him at the moment "It about honor." thinking that was all the halfling would need to understand why he was doing this the dragonborn turned and walked out the door of the tavern and out in the snowy streets of Easthaven.

Foxfire scoffed and rolled her eyes as she followed him out, and she commented, "Oh please! Honor is no excuse to treat others like bullshit,"

As she walked out, she remained on guard and ready to dodge. She didn't seem to mind the cold air but it sure as hell looked like her opponent did, the dragonborn seemed somewhat shivery but not completely deterred by the icy sea breeze; Zagren offered her no immediate reply before sighing, his breath steaming in the air but all that came out was a rasp in a language his opponent wouldn't understand the word simply meaning 'maybe' in draconic. However he wasted no time to further the conversation and threw a punch at her, swinging wide.

Foxfire grinned. Time seemed to move slowly as she saw the punch coming. She swiftly moved out of the way of the punch, and she commented to the Dragonborn, "Too slow!"

She reacted and immediately moved to strike. She tried to aim a punch for his gut, before she did something that was unexpected: She jumped and aimed a kick at his face. Her heel makes contact with his cheek, possibly knocking a tooth out of his jaw. Jerked backwards from the impact of her kick the dragonborn stepped back, tasting blood in his mouth and feeling an empty tooth cavity with his tongue.

Zagren gave the woman a toothy grin "Good hit." it was hard to tell if he wasn't snarling or smiling but he sounded genuinely impressed for almost a second before rushing at her again swinging a solid punch at his opponents face to return the favor.

Foxfire easily took the hit from the Dragonborn, clearly caught off guard by his impressed compliment. She gasped as some of the air was knocked out. However, Foxfire easily remembered that she took harder hits during her training and her time on the streets when she was a kid.

She groaned "Not bad..." before she moved to strike, clearly not giving up the fight. She tried to hit him in the face with a fist, only to find her strike was only slightly off, missing him. She then reached for her own energy, and moved to strike him two more times. However, his scales proved to be too thick for her strikes this time.

He was clearly the stronger combatant, some measly blows to the chest and abdomen barely phased Zagren however he wasn't as disciplined as his opponent was in hand-to-hand combat, the barbarian failed to have the same composure to land precise strikes with his meaty fists; thus when he tried to swing with all his might the dragonborn over-swung.

Foxfire ducked, lowering herself to the ground to dodge the Dragonborn's next strike. As his fist swung over her, she maneuvered herself so that she could strike. She aimed a kick to the back of his knee. Once the strike landed, she jumped up, and swung down on his head with an axe kick before landing on her feet. Zagren's knee buckled under the force of her kick, dropping him onto his hands and feet upon the snow-covered ground. Before the dragonborn could even try to pick himself up off the ground his attacker kicked him again this time in the head, he fell on his face in the snow growing red around him.

When she saw the snow around him start to grow red, she barked at him, knowing that she was very close to knocking him unconscious,

"Had enough, Big Guy? Or do I need to knock you down again?" then she heard something quite unexpected from her fallen opponent, it sounded at first like he was simply coughing up blood which he actually was but then the coughing turned into raggedly breathed laughter "I wrong..." the dragonborn wheezed "You fight like warrior," slightly lifting himself from the bloodstained snow, Zagren looked up to Foxfire with the same toothy grin as before, wiping the blood dribbling down his chin "I, Zagren would..." the dragonborn sounded like he was recanting something like a vow between hacking up a globule of blood "...gladly die fighting by your side." he struggled with the words to form a longer sentence but managed to speak clearly despite his struggle with the common tongue.

To say that Foxfire was surprised by Zagren's words and joy is an understatement. She was used to having guys bigger than her spout curses and vow vengeance on her after she kicks their butts in a fight. She was ready to quip with 'The bigger they are, the harder they fall,' but even she knew that wasn't the right response.

"Uh..." She looks around, looking for someone she can ask a question to, but she opted to whisper to herself, "Did...I just make a friend?"

She then decides to respond to Zagren, "Ok...Cool...Uh...Don't forget to apologize to the gnome! Yeah!"

And with that, she heads back into the inn.
1x Thank Thank
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Looking For Group

Member Seen 1 day ago

DOMIC ROCKERSTAR HATCHETMAN


Domic's eye twitched when the Zagren excused his actions as a matter of honor. Honor. The same sort of honor that Domic has seem when people spit on the poor. The same sort of honor that allows mighty knights to slaughter thieves and beggars because their precious city needed to be "cleansed". The same sort of honor that lets those same knights escape any form of retribution because of "honor" they've obtained elsewhere, though more violence and by virtue of their birth. Domic knows what honor is, and it's a mask for cowards and bullies.

Domic has no honor. And he cared nothing for those who use it as a shield.

When the two went to fight, Domic grabbed the lizardman's sword. He walked out seeing Zagren getting thrashed by thge fox girl, but Domic didn't care. When she left, Domic threw the greatsword at the lizardman's feet. The gnome already had his shield on when he drew his axe. "I'm going to keep this real simple for you. You talk shit, you get hit. Pick up your blade." Domic would like to think he's doing this on behalf of everyone else, but in truth, he was just angry. He wasn't going to let himself get pushed around. The fact that Zagren just got beaten by the fox girl worked in his favor, but Donny would've gone after him even if she backed down. Either way Donny wasn't about to just let things settle down. Someone was going to be bleeding out in the snow in the next minute.
Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Dark Cloud
Raw
Avatar of Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud Average Kobold Enjoyer

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Z A G R E N




"No..." coughing Zagren shook his head while struggling to his feet, visibly in no shape to fight the dragonborn knew it would mean his death if he were to accept the gnome's challenge besides what Domic was proposing held no honor; he was proposing nothing short of murder "No fight." for such a mighty warrior he looked pitiable trying to stand.
Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Norschtalen
Raw
Avatar of Norschtalen

Norschtalen

Member Seen 2 mos ago

Kyra


"Oh, a full moon? Is that today? I've hardly noticed, kind of hard to see the sky during a snow storm. But that would make it the right time for a séance, wouldn't it?" Kyra chatted with Rinaldo as Kythor and Dullin joined in. She would've liked to ask more question when she noticed the others leave, in particular Domic dragging away Zagren's sword after his heated words. The huntress just sighed. She has seen this far too often, and knows this only ends in tragedy. "Excuse me for a moment."

Kyra walked outside, seeing Domic take out his axe. Kyra didn't have a weapon in hand however she spoke loudly and clearly. "Domic, weren't you the one who said, I quote, 'going to have to get used to working with the rest of us, or you can fuck off back to parts unknown'? He's a part of our team now, and you both need to learn how to work together, or you both can leave."
1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Looking For Group

Member Seen 1 day ago

DOMIC ROCKERSTAR HATCHETMAN


Domic was about to rush forward to cut Zagren down when Kyra of all people came out of nowhere to chastise him. He was considering turning his blade on her too when she threw his own words back at his face. "Tch... Fuck. Fine! But let me make this clear: I don't give a shit about honor. But if you go around being an ass just because you don't like who they are, especially to me, you better have a damn good reason or be ready to fight. Honor's just bullshit people say so they can get away with being assholes, and I ain't about to tolerate that shit." Through gritted teeth, Domic sheathed his axe and went over to help Zagren up. Sure, he doesn't like the guy, and frankly if the opportunity presents itself again Domic will probably try to kill him, but Kyra was right. Zagren was part of the team, and even Domic understood the importance of working together as a team and dealing with idiosyncrasy. As much as it annoys him. Just because Domic has no honor doesn't mean it's okay for him to be an ass either.
1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Foxfire


Foxfire stopped at the door and watched as Domic was about to pick a fight of his own with Zagren. She listened as another woman in their group stopped the gnome before a life could be lost. Her ears twitched as she listened to the conversation.

She knew Domic's line of thinking very well. She was an urchin...one of the less 'honorable' cretins, as dubbed by the oh-so-'honorable' guards and knights. She was just a monster to those guards...not a child who needed help.

She simply leans against the doorframe as she watches silently. She thinks to herself, "This is a weird...and interesting group..."

1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Dark Cloud
Raw
Avatar of Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud Average Kobold Enjoyer

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Z A G R E N




Zagren grabbed the bundle that his greatsword was wrapped in and propped the blade up using it as leverage to get up off the blood spattered snow, he eyed Domic warily as he approached to help him up only reluctantly accepting the short fellows assistance letting the gnome help him onto his uninjured knee before shakily standing leaning heavily on his sword like a crutch. Shivering from the snow clinging to his body Zagren was cold, and wet wanting nothing more than to get inside and warm himself by the fire but before he made his way back into the inn he looked down at the gnome as if to say something but didn't, instead limped past him with the slightest mumble of an apology to the gnome.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet