Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Lurking Krog
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lurking Krog

Lurking Krog Caffeinated Lurker.

Member Online

With everyone's added call to, and Zagren's hissing, the room windows remain frosted and the candles out. The air is thick with anticipation just before Rinaldo speaks.

"She is ready to answer your questions. Choose wisely as she will not likely answer many." Rinaldo calls out to the gathered group.
Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Lurking Krog
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lurking Krog

Lurking Krog Caffeinated Lurker.

Member Online

This is not the double post you are looking for.
Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Dark Cloud
Raw
Avatar of Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud Average Kobold Enjoyer

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Z A G R E N




Bearing his sharp teeth the mighty draconic warrior growled at the sudden change of atmosphere, some of his more superstitious tendencies becoming apparent as he made a clawing gesture over his chest albeit in fact the gruff looking barbarian was first to raise his voice "How fisherman disappear!" Zagren growled fiercely wanting to know if his suspicions of the disappearances were unfounded or not and if he was right about the possibility of their deaths.

Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Lurking Krog
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lurking Krog

Lurking Krog Caffeinated Lurker.

Member Online

One of the window panes begin to have letters appear on them as of some one was drawing on it. After a few seconds it reads clearly as Maud Chiselbone.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Seen 3 hrs ago

Foxfire


Foxfire was clearly impatient when she did her part to call the spirit during the seance. Someone had to actually get her to quiet down before things got too bad.

GET YOUR GHOSTLY BUTT OUT HERE OR SO HELP ME I'LL---"

That is where someone silenced her.

She was quiet as the seance was successfully completed, and Zagren asked the first question. She noticed the writing, and she on the window panes. She asked out loud, "What is Maud Chiselbone?"

As she asks, she also looks around for anything weird or funny.

Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Lurking Krog
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lurking Krog

Lurking Krog Caffeinated Lurker.

Member Online

One of the other panes starts to have letters appear as well. Shortly after the words lake hag is clearly written next the name.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Birdboy
Raw
Avatar of Birdboy

Birdboy Feathered freakshow

Member Seen 7 hrs ago

Dullin

Dullin had been rather displeased with how her colleagues acted so disrespectful to the spirit. Still, they had gotten her attention at least. It took everything in her power to hold back from blurting out when she saw the writing on the wall. The words where making clear sense to her, and they had a culprit. Perhaps she was right, a lake hag likely had a way to navigate the lake.

"Seems like we have our killer." She remarked certainly. It was good her friends where more foregoing with their questions. She had hoped to save hers for more personal.
"Will I ever be a powerful wizard, oh great spirit of the white lady?" Dullin Vainly asked, hoping to quell a deep-set fear of hers.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Lurking Krog
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lurking Krog

Lurking Krog Caffeinated Lurker.

Member Online

A pane of glass shatters on the window and the frost starts to recede from the rest of the glass.

Rinaldo let's out a low tired sigh. "She has left now. Thank you all for joining me for this." He turns to Dullin, "I don't think she knew the answer to your question, and I'm sure much of your futureis uncertain. Also remember that while she can see much, most of what she sees is centered around here."

"Now if you all will excuse me I am going to go eat and ready for the evening.
May your day continue to go well and the information you got from the White Lady be useful."
1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Seen 3 hrs ago

Foxfire


Foxfire grinned at the answer. Now they had someone to culprit and knew what to face!

Then Dullin asked her question, and Foxfire slowly turned her head to look at her. The shifter couldn't help but look at Dullin as though she had grown a second head!

Foxfire prepared for a fight when the glass shattered, but relaxed when the halfling explained that the spirit left, unable to answer Dullin's question.

After he left, she decided to speak with Dullin, very bluntly, "That was the stupidest question I've ever heard,"

She elaborates, "That question is something only you can answer, and in turn, make real. If you want to be a powerful wizard, then decide to be one, and work towards it. Don't rely on anyone else to decide that for you. Believe it!"

She then walked out of the room after giving her...encouragement? Advice?

Foxfire remembered that was what her Sensei had told her before she started her monastic training.

1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Dark Cloud
Raw
Avatar of Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud Average Kobold Enjoyer

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Z A G R E N




Belief, the word meant much to him as he believed as much in himself as he did his honor above all else; Zagren felt to prove himself worthy to reclaim his place amongst his clan that he needed to prove his inner and outer strength, now to learn from others that a warrior doesn't always wear the same cloth he would earn to respect them. Foxfire's bluntness made the dragonborn guffaw a hissing chuckle after she left, he might have said the same thing.

Yet the brute gave the mage a soft pat on the back, deciding to weigh-in as well after sighing amusedly "She right, but wrong too." he was sat next to Dullin and leaned close jabbing a finger in the middle of her chest slightly "It about what's here." if it weren't obvious to anyone else it was sure obvious to Dullin he meant her heart.

"Conquer yourself, kill all doubts and you will defeat the fear of failure." Zagren rasped to his bejeweled mage friend in draconic "The furred one is right, you must answer that question but also you must ask the question to yourself." grunting as he stood the dragonborn looked between Kythor and Domic half expecting some comments in return or the short one to get up and punch him, then he followed the cat earred woman as she left.

"You beat me," he called to the monk "Come drink, warrior to warrior!" Zagren had a toothy grin on his face, heartily slapping Foxfire on the back as he caught up with the shifter.

Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Birdboy
Raw
Avatar of Birdboy

Birdboy Feathered freakshow

Member Seen 7 hrs ago

Dullin


Dulling reached for her wand when the window cracked. She knew spirits could be fickle things, and her question very easily could have angered the spirit. With a sigh of relief she leaned against the wall as Rinaldo left. At least they had gotten some important information.

"if it's a hag, the fishermen are likely de-" Dullin began to think allow, but her words where cut off by an unruly woman's bickering. She stood flabbergasted as the stranger berated her for her insecure question. She merely rolled her eyes as the foxgirl sauntered off, not even given the time to prepare a counterclaim. Dullin couldn't help but clench her fist and shake it angrily at the rude woman.

"ugh! Why that arrogant little..." Her protest where cut off this time by her new scaly companion. As his words hit her, as did the begrudging revelation that, indeed, her question was irrelevant. With a heavy sigh of defeat, she slowly followed after. Maybe a drink was exactly what she needed.
1x Thank Thank
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by The Large Dumbo
Raw
Avatar of The Large Dumbo

The Large Dumbo Duke-King-President of Candyland

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Kythor


The tiefling remains stoic as the air chills around them all, the candles extinguishing, and the windows frosting. In truth, he was quiet surprised that this had gone as smoothly as it had. To Kythor, some sort of mishap was to be expected from a ritual performed by the uninitiated, and for a moment, it almost seemed as if disaster was on the horizon... but then the halfling informed them it was safe to proceed, and thus Kythor mentally relaxed himself. It was time to ask questions to the spirit they had brought forth. While he had quitely thought to himself about what sorts of questions to ask the spirit, his comrades took initiative and asked their questions before he could. The first question was, to Kythor, a bit of surprising brilliance on the dragonborn's part. Now they had a name, and confirmation that this was no accident.

Maud Chiselbone.

With the stranger's question, they even had a better idea of the identity behind the name. She was a hag. Kythor crossed his arms in thought as he considered how much more troubling the task before them had suddenly become... Was this a random act of violence enacted by a hag, or was it intentional? Would they be impeded in their search by the hag? There were many questions to be answered, but he was quite certain that the spirit couldn't answer all of their questions. They would simply have to see for themselves. As his more bookish compatriot asked her question... Kythor looked over at her, a stony frown impressed onto his face. Before he could say anything, the window shattered, the spirit left, and they were left by themselves once more, among the mundane once more. He watched first the stranger, then the dragonborn chide Dullin in what struck him as a surprisingly soft manner given the brusque mannerisms he'd displayed beforehand. When the two left and Dullin followed, he shook his head. There was nothing he could say that the two hadn't already said. He didn't see much purpose in asking a question of that nature - how would a spirit know about something such as that? - and thus felt no need to say anything.

He couldn't blame her for asking such a personal question, though. In truth, he had a few questions of his own he wished to asked the spirit: questions about his tribe, questions about the people he knew... Mostly personal things he couldn't imagine the spirit could possibly answer. Still, a more naive, curious part of him yearned to know the answers. Either way, it was too late for such now: their business here was concluded.

"Not a bad show," Kythor said to the halfling. "We've learned a lot - well, a lot more than we had, 'a course," He chuckles. "How'd you learn how to talk t'spirits, anyways? Somebody teach you, or was it somethin' that you just sort of... picked up, I guess?"
1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Lurking Krog
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lurking Krog

Lurking Krog Caffeinated Lurker.

Member Online

Rinaldo smiles up at Kythor."Twas something my grandmother taught me many years ago. A good bit before the goddess of winter decided to leave us in darkness." his smile fades to a frown. "I'm hoping someone is able to put this to an end soon. To many life's have been lost to it and the madness it has driven people to. Best to you and your companions, gods know good ones are hard to find in these times. Now of you'll excuse me, I hear my stomah rumbling and a bit of fried fish and bread sounds pretty good right now." The halfling nods to Kythor and heads back into the common hall.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Looking For Group

Member Seen 1 day ago

DOMIC ROCKERSTAR HATCHETMAN


Domic entered the seance with little expectations and a full much of mead. He was actually starting to feel a bit of a buzz now, and when the ghost talking started he was genuinely surprised that they were actually speaking to spirits. Domic just thought this whole thing was a hoax. This sobered him up considerably, and he made it clear that he wasn't here for any trouble. He just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. He let the others speak, not really having much to ask, mostly because in his inebriated mind the entire seance went faster than his mind could process. By the time he finished his mead, the ghost was gone.

"All things considered, that went pretty well. Would've been up shit creek if that ghost was raring for a fight. Pretty sure mortal steel does nothing to them incorporeal types." At least, so the stories go. Domic's never encountered ghosts but he's heard plenty of takes of folks who have, trying to slay them with a mundane sword only for the blade to pass through them harmlessly. Then the slaughter happens. It makes Domic try to remember to at some point, either find a magic axe or make his current axe magical. "I wonder if silver also works?"

Either way with the seance done, Domic leaves the backroom and joins everyone else in the common hall. Everyone else seemed to be drinking, and Domic certainly could use more of that. As he staggered out of the room he noted Dullin and waltzed up to her. "Hey... You. Dullin, right? Sorry, a bit buzzed right now so logic eludes me at the moment... You're a wizard, right? Think you can enchant my axe?"
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Birdboy
Raw
Avatar of Birdboy

Birdboy Feathered freakshow

Member Seen 7 hrs ago

Dullin


Dullin reached the bar with a six silver coins already fished out from her purse. He slid them to the bartender with a moment of regret but it passed once she saw the booze behind he counter.
"I'd like a couple of drinks for my freinds here" She said, gesturing to the Foxgirl and lizardman before her. Seeing Domic approach, she slid two more coins forward.
"Add another to that, will you?"

Dullin turned to greet her traveling partner but he seemed to already know what he wanted. Domic had gotten her name right, that was a start atleast. His question, however, made her let out a tired sigh.
"Contray to popular belief, the enchantment school of magic doesn't enchant weapons. If you want help with that you'll need a magic forge or an artificer" Dullin carefully explained, it seemed like a rehersed speech she had given many times before.
"Or maybe just a better wizard" She added.
"Sorry Domic. I wish I could help, but all I can offer is something to drink as an apology"
1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Seen 3 hrs ago

Foxfire


Foxfire had expected to go back to her table in the corner. She certainly hadn't expected Zagren to come up to her and invite her to drink with him. When he slapped her back jovially, she just barely managed to keep herself standing.

She grins at Zagren and answers, "Sure, why not?" She goes to the bar with her stuff, this time taking care to keep her surroundings in check now that she's not sitting in a corner.

Once she sat at the bar, she looked to the Wizard, Dullin, somewhat surprised that she paid for their drinks. She gave her a joyful grin as she said, "Thanks!"

As she starts to drink, she stops herself from chugging so she could talk to the Dragonborn. She asks him, "So. This is weird for me. The big guys I beat up usually want revenge against me. You're the first guy who's taking his loss this well. Why's that?"

Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Dark Cloud
Raw
Avatar of Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud Average Kobold Enjoyer

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Z A G R E N




Taking the tankard in his large meaty hand the hulk of a warrior downed it's contents in a single gulp, heartily slamming it down on the bar. Wiping his snout with a free hand the dragonborn pulled a bar stool up next to the monk and firmly plopped himself onto the seat causing the wooden stool to creak under the warrior's massive body "I want see if you true warrior." he said simply in reply to the question "You prove worthy, now we comrades!"
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Seen 3 hrs ago

Foxfire


Foxfire blinked at his words, before she chuckled. Her chuckle was somewhere between amused...and bitter. She nurses her ale this time as she answers him, "I wouldn't say I'm a true warrior...yet. I have my own goal to achieve before I can call myself that,"

She runs her clawed hand through her stark white hair. Now that Zagren takes a closer look, her hair is pure white, and her fox ears and tail resemble that of an arctic fox's.



1x Like Like
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Norschtalen
Raw
Avatar of Norschtalen

Norschtalen

Member Seen 2 mos ago

Kyra


The séance was interesting. She's seen a lot of hack mediums who use parlor tricks to fool superstitious countryfolks of their coin, and Kyra has had a few jobs chasing ghosts based off these liars. In the end, Kyra ends up finding nothing because those mediums were just trying to steal gold from hard working folk or scare them off some location where they're committing crimes, such as smuggling. While she wasn't 100% certain if Rinaldo was legitimate, but if nothing else his séance was much more effective than other scammers.

Afterwards, Kyra joins the others for drinks. It fortunately seems like everyone is more interested in merriment, so Kyra joins everyone for a drink. She didn't have the constitution to join Zagren and the fox girl drinking, so she goes over to Domic and Dullin instead. Apparently Domic asked Dullin something about enchanting his blade. "Domic, if you're truly worried about ghosts, I recommend investing in Holy Water. Physical attacks would phase right through them, but holy water can harm them far more effectively than a blade. In this weather, you could possibly freeze the Holy Water to your blade." Kyra says with a chuckle.

Looking over to Dullin, Kyra orders herself a drink. "I'm guessing you get asked this sort of question a lot? I get it. Sometimes I prefer not to tell people my magic abilities, if only so they stop thinking I can hand out magical trinkets for whatever ails them."
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Birdboy
Raw
Avatar of Birdboy

Birdboy Feathered freakshow

Member Seen 7 hrs ago

Dullin


"Holy water... I suppose that's not a bad way of going about it. If it where up to me, I'd finish them off with a bolt of lightning. If we have to fight a ghost, just keep it away from me and I bet I could finish it off for you" Dullin promptly boasted to Domic. She had dealt with ghost before, many of them where reasonable, but she had dealt with the recently deceased. A spirit like the white lady? She wasn't sure things would be as easy as she was pretending it would be.

Dullin blinked a few times in astonishment as Kyra's words. She had almost forgotten the girl could cast magic. She hadn't seen a wand or any sort of focus on her friend thus far. Why were they so hesitant to tell others about her powers? Dullin was proud of every spell she managed to learn, she couldn't imagine keeping them hidden.
"So you're a spellcaster too? I nearly forgot! Perhaps we could share notes sometimes, I'm always looking to learn. Might help to have a few spells up my sleeve before we head out. We'll be dealing with a Hag, nasty creatures"
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet