Hidden 2 mos ago Post by vancexentan
Raw
GM
Avatar of vancexentan

vancexentan Hawk of Endymion

Member Online

@The Irish Tree

"A well constructed analysis of what could be possibly happening here Elise. However I believe I have two working theories on what may be happening here." comments Archimedes as his voice comes through the line instead of Orson's. "Then you have my permission to explain it Caster." Orson tells the servant who's voice comes through, as usual, coldly calculative. "There's a chance that the war is ongoing, and that the church has either abandoned this place, and or has been completely unable to eradicate the threats at hand. Meaning a particularly strong servant has prevented, and or killed the overseer from acting. That the magic used here has prevented the Mage's Association, and probably other onlookers such as Atlas, from trying to wipe out the threat here. The mages are stuck fighting in a dead world trying to claim a grail for themselves. But Fuyuki's grail has been noted as corrupted by the records of it in our archives. Thus...I would postulate the theory that this is the work of some sort of corrupted grail's activation. That the wish was perverted, and twisted the servants. Whoever they are it is possible that the masters, and overseers are dead. And that the remains of the servants here either trying to assist the grail in corrupting this singularity further, or are overseeing some sort of objective we have no knowledge about." Archimedes comments as Orson responds in kind. "Possibly but there remains the fact that Team B has not been attacked with any real threat so far. Why?" questions the Director.

"If I may?" Leon says trying to get his own thoughts in the matter in order for his own part he didn't want to play spectator but he had no theories, or orders to give so had decided to remain silent. Leon for his part didn't want to say anything dumb, or inadvertently lead the group to a wrong conclusion. As Leader he wanted to make his choices based on some sort of assorted logic. But logic was out the window now that this whole singularity seemed dead. He was given the okay from Archimedes. "The servant is nearby we'll be approaching them soon but I think its possible that whatever is going on Team A may still be alive. Whatever they're doing it probably is getting the focus of the enemy which is why the hoard of skeleton warriors aren't fighting us." Leon postulates offering a more hopeful view of the situation. "I would view the situation with more hope if they contacted us but have not, and we're still not reading anyone of their signatures." Orson comments his voice pained through the communicators. "It doesn't matter for the moment. Squad B are you prepared to engage the possibly hostile heroic spirit?" Archimedes questions as Mordred snorts. "I've been nothing but ready! About time I can finally stop focusing on what's going on in the air and focus what's in front of me!" Mordred said clanging her heavy sword against her armor. "Enemy may not be hostile. Don't engage unless provoked." Orson orders quickly. "Blooming brilliant just fucking great. Got a nob in there ready for me to put in the ground and you want me to relax?" Mordred complains more seemingly always irritated Leon decides to jab at her, "Hey Saber your British is leaking through." Leon said with a chuckle as Saber just stands still without replying whatever she was feeling hidden by her helmet.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by The Irish Tree
Raw
Avatar of The Irish Tree

The Irish Tree Hot-Blooded Loser

Member Seen 16 min ago



Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Rezod92
Raw
Avatar of Rezod92

Rezod92 The Journeyman

Member Seen 1 hr ago

@vancexentan @The Irish Tree

"Fran’s a bit more delicate looking, but she is a Berserker. …I honestly don’t know if it’ll help her but…hey! We’re mages! We experiment, and all that."


Conner hummed and nodded as he accepted one of Elise's vials. From his analysis back before the team Rayshifted, Fran's Galvanism functioned as energy absorbing performance enhancer, literally taking in any source of power from her surroundings to fuel and empower her combat prowess, as well as mitigating some damage she receives. All in all, a very useful skill to have....

Though, it doesn't hurt to have a little extra help. We need all we can get at this point., he thought to himself as he stashed the vial in the inner pocket of his uniform. Suddenly, an explosion put both Conner and Fran on high alert, the Berserker giving off a weary grunt.

Bunbuku looked up. “Thunder?”

"No clouds. Must have been an explosion," Elise said. "...Which, knowing Scarlett, she definitely caused. …No clue what she’s thinking but…at least we can assume that anything hostile won’t be heading our way for the time being."

“I can hazard a guess or two,” Bunbuku says. “Most like, she’s presenting a clear and present danger - something that we don’t,” she says, “After all, even with Miss Fancy Sword and Lady Big Hammer, we don’t present a large threat. I would classify us more as a potential nuisance to something that can take out the best of us,” she says, “Actually, no. Potential is generous. In the eyes of whatever removed Team A, we’re gnats, while Scarlett’s decided to be a mosquito.”


"Regardless, Scarlett is providing us a handy distraction. So unless we want her and Lancer to get manhandled by whatever scary flyswatter is out there, we better hustle and find this mystery Servant.", Conner commented.

Meanwhile, Fran and Mordred were approached by Bunbuku.

“Miss Fancy Sword. Lady Big Hammer. Might I interest you in a drink,” she held a tea platter with two cups. “And, by interest, I mean, implore. It’s in your best interest, if you want to win.”


Fran tilted head in curiosity at the ring-tailed Caster before gazing at the steaming cup. Accepting the offering, she gave a quick sniff over the liquid.

It smelled of.....fresh lime? She then took a sip, registered the taste....before proceeding to drink the tea all in one go. As she finished, the Berserker felt a sudden surge of rejuvenation, along with....something else. Fran couldn't tell what it was, but something told her that good things were going to happen. She didn't know what it was, but she had a good feeling about it.

"Ah!", chirped Fran at the Caster, smiling and her tone appreciative before turning to Mordred. "Tas...ty......Dr....ink.....up."
Hidden 1 mo ago 1 mo ago Post by vancexentan
Raw
GM
Avatar of vancexentan

vancexentan Hawk of Endymion

Member Online

"You implying I'm not good enough to fight on my own!? Screw it I'm going in!" Saber growled as she moved forward as Leon tried to get her to stop initially before deciding against it. It was probably better off this way. "Sorry Caster. Looks like this is what we should expect of Saber. Come on we can't let her do her own thing." Leon says as he makes a quick movement to the sides of the house that they had approached on either side was a couple of windows. As Leon looked through the windows, and the sides it seemed like an old abandoned house not unlike any he had seen. His eyes searched for signs of magic, and found seals, and a bounded field. Quickly Leon undid the barrier unsure of what the use of it was. It would seem this was likely a barrier to alert someone, or something. Probably, if Leon had any guesses, this was made by a master. It is unlikely a caster would've left a barrier so suspectable to doing anything. But it wad depowered when Leon dissolved the mage by looking around under some rocks, and barrels of Sake near a shed in the backyard.

Leon by the time he had erased the symbols heard a look smashing noise, and rushed into the house along with the team. As he looked around he told Connor to look upstairs where he would find a child's room, and some living quarters with some mage trinkets, and books if he looked around for much longer. Leon, and Elise would find the door to the backroom broken open by force it had some runes on it but it appeared to not have mattered to Mordred's Strength. As Leon moved around the corner and ran downstairs he came across the sight of Mordred's sword being pressed against the back of a man in a long blue coat. The air smelt heavy of alcohol, and smoke from cigars. The fading servant sitting alone at a bar with a young man, younger than Connor, or Leon, in the corner, dead but with a smile on his face.

"The hell are you doing? I bust in here, and you can't even be bothered to pull that sword of yours out?" Saber says in disgust as she holds the servant who seemed not to care at sword point.

"No point. War is over. Grail is taken. What's the point of a pirate if he can't plunder his share? Master is gone told him he was a fool for siding with those masters. Eh...what's done is done. Get on with it." The pirate said with deep exhaustion in his voice. "Who wouldn't want the honor of killing the Great Captain Kidd for their master? Or is that brat with Ruler still busy finding the stragglers?"

"I really should kill you but I got a feeling that Caster wouldn't appreciate that would he?" Saber says in annoyance as she pulls her sword back. "The way you are now? Not worth killing. Clarent doesn't deserved to be stained like that." Saber says as she pulled back and Archimedes chimes up. "I see...William Kidd, also known as Captain William Kidd or simply Captain Kidd. He had been commissioned by the British Crown as a privateer for this expedition, but the political climate of England turned against him in this case. He was executed for his crimes. He is one of the most famous pirates in history. Probably the Rider of this grail war." comments Archimedes apparently still processing the weight of the words.

"Team A is alive?" Leon asked his spirits lifting as he spoke with an careful tone. Leon didn't really wish to make any assumptions. But he still wondered if this guy was all there. He was a fading heroic spirit who lost his apparent master. Was he a reliable source?

"Maybe, probably not though. Last I saw that assassin was fighting saber, and the rider went to engage berserker. Your caster friend...she's not feeling too good I imagine after what 'our' assassin did to her."


Hidden 1 mo ago 1 mo ago Post by Rezod92
Raw
Avatar of Rezod92

Rezod92 The Journeyman

Member Seen 1 hr ago

@vancexentan

"Nothing but books and useless items around here.", Conner commented as he exited a bedroom, his Berserker meeting up with him as she left the last room on the upper floor. "I couldn't find anything. How was your end?"

"Fruitless as well, I'm afraid. We should head back to the others. I fear Mordred might do...something........"

Fran's statement trailed off as her mind caught up to what was happening, her hand hovering over her mouth and her unseen eyes widening with shock as she looked toward her Master, who wore a similar jaw-dropping expression.

"F-Fran, did you just-"

"Speak......I'm actually speaking! Oh my goodness!", Fran quipped, giggling with elation before a thought came to her. "The tea!"

"Of course! Caster's legend must be in play here!", chimed Conner, smiling as well. His mind racing with the possible boons having a more clear-minded Berserker can bring. "By drinking that tea, Bunbuku must've gifted you with her blessings. How do you feel?"

"Like....a heavy fog has been greatly lifted. Like I'm capable of doing....more, now. But...for how long, though?"

"I don't know, but I say we make the most of these blessings while they last. Come on, let's find the others."

The duo headed back downstairs and, noticing the busted-down doors and fading runes, headed for the backroom, catching the ending half of the conversation.

"I see...William Kidd, also known as Captain William Kidd or simply Captain Kidd. He had been commissioned by the British Crown as a privateer for this expedition, but the political climate of England turned against him in this case. He was executed for his crimes. He is one of the most famous pirates in history. Probably the Rider of this grail war."

"Team A is alive?"

"Maybe, probably not though. Last I saw that assassin was fighting saber, and the rider went to engage berserker. Your caster friend...she's not feeling too good I imagine after what 'our' assassin did to her."


Conner flinched upon noticing the dead man in the corner of the room before giving off a sad sigh and grabbing a wayward blanket to put over the body. As he was doing this, Fran approached Kidd and Mordred, but not before sending Bunbuku a beaming smile of thanks. If it wasn't for her bangs, the Caster would've seen the Berserker give her a wink as well.

"Thank you for not killing him immediately.", Fran said to the blonde knight, turning to the pirate before she could Mordred's reaction to her speaking clearly. "We are here to find Team A, as well as finding out what's going on here. Are there any more of this Grail War's Servants still around? And as for this 'caster friend', did her name happen to be Helena?
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by vancexentan
Raw
GM
Avatar of vancexentan

vancexentan Hawk of Endymion

Member Online

"Young Master if I had an idea of what their name was I'd tell you. They called themselves by code names. Caster, Rider, Assassin...you'd get the jest. If they were your Team 'A' then I'd imagine they're not much of a team." comments Kidd dourly as he drinks another long drink of sake following which he throws the bottle at the wall. "Their boss was a son of a bitch, irritable, and cocky. He was sure his magic was going to be able to win the day. When I looked upon that other rider? I almost believed him if it wasn't for the wolf skin beserker. Bastard's red lance was a menace to deal with. Critically damaged my noble phantasm." laments the rider. "But just so you know...my master there...he wanted to die looking up at the sky. He died looking up at the ceiling. Said he wanted to thank my one last time before archer killed him with that arrow to his spine. Brave man...highly volatile. But brave. Wanted to wish for all the kids in the world to have a better life. Heh...if that grail gets its way no one will." Kidd laments further.

"So you just came down to drink yourself to death? Servants can't even get drunk so that's a bullshit. You just gulping down ale for mana?" Saber says her voice heavily judgmental of the faded servant. She couldn't believe a pirate, a man who valued his freedom so heavily, would just sit down and die. "I imagine it must've been for a good reason you stuck around Captain Kidd." comments the Director as he appears in front of them as a hologram to talk directly to the servant. "Aye...your little band of friends? Probably what's left of them is running from Archer, and Assassin. Bastards are good. Some Pharaoh, and an man best described as a walking nightmare. If he IS a man." Rider says spitting in disgust.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet