Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Guy0fV4lor
Raw
Avatar of Guy0fV4lor

Guy0fV4lor Retaker of The Holy Land

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago




@Rune_Alchemist@ERode

Confidence surged through Finnegan as the first of the undead met it's end-- his adrenal response flipping on it's head the instant his feet were back beneath him.

The ceaseless pounding of his own heartbeat smothered screaming pain of his missing finger to little as the Apostle bared his teeth-- and try as she might; Atzi's words would fail to find purchase before Finnegan would lunge toward the nearest Zombie in a tunnel-visioned fury!

"GRRRAH!"

Decaying chunks of skull and brain splattered across Finn's face and tabard as three consecutive blows caved the temple of the second Zombie. As the second fell, Finnegan reeled to face the third-- only to find it suddenly restrained by an incredibly muscular Woman.

For a moment, his frantic breathing began to slow.

"Ahhh.... hah... Thanks for the help..."

Finnegan nodded gratefully to the newcomer as he bent over to retrieve his knife, "We... haah... Shouldn't stay here too long... Dont know where we are... But if theres undead... I'll bet there's a N-"

The color drained from Finn's face as the words caught in his throat, his eyes locked on the woman who had been behind him from the beginning.

"N-Ne-"

Unnaturally pale skin contrasted against the dark fabrics of a gothic dress.

"A N-N-Ne-"

Glistening, inhuman fangs and predatory orange eyes adorned a sinister grin.

"Ah- A N-N-Nec-"

Finnegan's eyes darted between the two Women rapidly as conspiracies flooded through his head.

Were these two working together?

Why the hell was he here?

What kind of profane ritual did they need to keep him alive for?

The young Aposle swallowed dryly, nearly tripping himself over the table he'd laid upon only minutes ago; but managing to keep his balance. For a moment he stood still, nearly frozen in trepidation-- before launching himself over the table and making a mad dash for the door!

"NECROMANCER!"

Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Pyromania99
Raw
Avatar of Pyromania99

Pyromania99 Double-edged Austerity

Member Seen 10 hrs ago

Vammy was whistling a nice little tune as she was tying the woman up. When Lazhira walked in and mentioned something about the "torture" she was doing not being good, Vammy just looked at her housemate as she kept tying the prisoner up. "I'm just tying her up again because she somehow managed to get her hands on some cutting tools. No need to worry. The mutt knocked the wind out of her sails. I think that's the definition of 'good boy' right?" The demon mentioned happily as she finished up. "Anyhow, I think our friend here is back to her own person now. I can see her face now. Honestly, kinda cute. Delicious looking even." The demon licked her lips. "Anyhow, how did you want to score this? First to make her spill the beans wins and the other has be a servant for the rest of the day? You sure~ you don't mind listening to one of my requests~?" The demon teased, trying to make the other falter a small bit.

"Hey, wanna talk about that cult you were with before we force you to talk? Course, you might actually want me to touch you all over~" The demon teased their captive audience a small bit, hoping she'd score an easy win. "I don't bite, much. You might even like it." Vammy had to lick her lips at the thoughts of this dark-skinned beauty in front of her.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Click This
Raw
Avatar of Click This

Click This Manchurian Imouto

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

Lissa


“Hmm hmm… interesting dynamic between the two, huh? If I have to negotiate with them, I’d rather do it with the Kyrsa and Yaga, then,” Lissa mused, making a mental reminder to herself to see who in the village would be most knowledgeable about them after her chat with the dwarf. As for the Kyrsa, though, Eirhild wasn’t giving her a very good first impression of them, at least. She was about to thank her for her time and information to do her own further investigation when she remembered Nylah’s words, and that the other two had left with them. The little elf girl seemed alright, and pretty cute actually, but Lissa really didn’t like her bodyguard’s awfully sour personality.

She decided she might as well go over to her house and see what the mothraki had wanted to discuss with her in private, and bring Eirhild back together with her other companions rather than let her idle about in an increasingly empty room. “I need to see Nylah about something, actually. I think she went to her house with your friends. If you come along, she’ll probably have a meal for you, or at the very least, be able to help find you some lodgings,” Lissa offered. “I’m serious about the expedition though, so once I’m prepared, I’d still like to have you onboard if you’re willing.”
Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by Crusader Lord
Raw
Avatar of Crusader Lord

Crusader Lord A professional, anxiety-riddled, part-time worker

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Nylah





...Whilst it wasn't intentional, the Mothraki could not help but overhear what was going on as she'd gotten things prepared for the food and fire. Even a year ago it would have still pulled at her heartstrings, hearing a child having to ask such a question at all, and yet within the last few weeks alone she'd learned things. Things...er...she was unsure how to word it. Things she'd never really questioned since being raised in the village itself. And then, before any more could be talked about the matter, the blizzard and all sorts of things had broken loose onto the village and her mother was bedridden.

So many dead. So much gone. Mother had ben cautious well enough indeed, but since then she'd done her best to help care for her alongside Akala's efforts and so forth. Bringing hot meals from time to time, coming to check in on her every day and before heading out of the village for anything. Etc.

And yet, thinking back on those revelations of the past she couldn't help but feel something rather vaguely familiar as she'd overheard the two. Not much, but a spark of something. Mmm.

She would continue her preparations, though she had visibly taken some pause briefly in the middle when hearing Leuca speak, but had refrained from looking back or making comment. Then, finally returning her attention to her guests properly, she found herself looking at Sorcha seeming to be back to she'd been since they'd met not long ago. Like a switch had flipped back and forth simply talking to the young one.

“Thank you for the consideration, but I’ll prepare our meals myself.”

“If there will be nothing else then, we’ve had a long day and I would very much appreciate some rest.”


Nylah gave a small, acknowledging nod to the woman before her whilst trying to not look at Leuca for fear of triggering some reaction in Sorcha herself. Even so, she tried to not get lost in her own reminiscence again. Tried to at least.

"Of course, take you time. Hopefully once Enli is ready I can bring him here or at least help you get to speak with him. Though whenever you run out of food, please let me know so I can get some more from the storeroom. Likewise if I step out of the village for any time, I shall let you know when about I should be returning as a matter for formality at least."

The Mothraki let out a small sigh, as if the anticipation of the work ahead was already taking its toll. Even so, she seemed to go into thought somewhat afterward. As if trying to-, ah!

After a moment she seemed to perk up before digging in her satchel and pulling out a single healing potion and handing it out to Sorcha. Were the woman to not accept it, she'd set it simply by the edge of the doorframe where it could be easily seen and reached.

"An herbal healing potion of sorts, even if a basic one. In case either of you sustained any sort of simpler injuries on your travel here. You need not use if it you've any worries, we have just met each other after all, but it is an offer all the same.

In the meantime, I will go back to look Lissa and your other former traveling companion. In truth I've business of my own, so I hope to return again soon, but if I return with them I will head to the main room to ensure you both are left alone to rest at least."


With that, the Mothraki gave a small bow to the duo, before doing a quick visual check to ensure she brought the right things in and starting to head out of the room. Situation or not going on with these new arrivals, she needed to talk to Lissa. Perhaps even the dwarven woman. Oh...what was her name again? Drat. She would have to ask again Yet if there was a chance to relieve Mie and have her maybe in the debt of the village in some capacity, or something of the sort, then perhaps the village...could...

...

Crap.

A nagging feeling was latching onto her, digging its claws in when she tried to leave. A thing she felt like she needed to do.

But why? It made no logical sense in some ways, and yet it was enough that Nylah briefly paused before she'd fully left the room.

She then eventually let out a quiet sigh of defeat, before looking back briefly again in at her two guests.

"My apologies if this seems a bit too much to add...but...you seem more than capable, Miss Sorcha, but should the worst ever happen whilst I am gone there is a hidden space. There's a small wooden trapdoor hidden as part of the floor underneath the wood pile in the back. It is a smaller space down there, but enough to hide in...in truth, after this house was built my Mother made it herself to hide me when I was younger. Just in case the worst should ever happen whilst I was home in those first years were were living here.

Because...sometimes people do not seemingly have a reason for saying or doing some horrible, horrible things. Perhaps, even in hindsight, we still can't fathom some of those things...or help but worry about them...but even so we can only go about our lives one day at a time regardless. One thing at a time, focusing on the next step ahead of us."


Advice from Mother, once again coming back into her mind. It felt so silly and out of place to say it all she felt like she could die of embarrassment alone, interjecting like this, and yet once she was done she would quickly nod again in a hurried manner.

"N-Now th-then, I'll leave you both be to r-rest. S-S-Sorry..."

With that, Nylah quickly left the room and made her way to leave the house in a hurry. No looking back. Perhaps she was a fool, a soft idiot talking like this to these strangers. It was so very foolish. Nothing like Mother. Nothing like how her mother was strong, powerful, determined, beautiful, and so many admirable things. Yet at the same time, she'd done things Nylah herself couldn't imagine. Shocking things. Painful things.

...Why did she save her that night? Why that night, and not some other child before then? Why? Why so much slaughter? Why were the Mothraki and Bastelians even doing these things to each other? She didn't even have an idea of what her own people were like. Her own race. She hadn't been able to get more answers after that night of truths being revealed to her. She'd been afraid to even ask, not wanting to change things even more so, though she didn't shy away from the only parent she'd ever known either.

Blargh. All thinking about it did was just make her feel...bad. Strange. She couldn't put a pin on just what it all was or meant, but she knew one thing for sure in the end: She needed to help her Mother get well again. No matter what.

...

...

...

Eventually Nylah would make her way back, and upon seeing Lissa and the dwarven woman still around she waved at them as she jogged over. Something in her eyes seemed more tired than usual, though the nerves about what she wanted to ask Lissa about were coming back gradually as her focus returned to the original matter at hand.

A rescue mission, or something like that, being discussed.

"There you both are! I was worried you'd be standing in the cold too long. Sorcha and Leuca have been settled in, but I'd hoped you both would come along as well. I can at least get a warm meal going in the Main Room for you both before we chat more, if that would be acceptable."

@Rune_Alchemist@Click This

((Sticking a tongue out? The little purple dress looked nice, but...so mean. She'd just wanted to kindly imagine a nice cute dress on her to help after the mini-goddess' other clothes had been burnt off. To try to be nice to her...))

Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Rune_Alchemist
Raw
GM
Avatar of Rune_Alchemist

Rune_Alchemist Absolute Depravity

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@Pyromania99

“Big talk for someone who's gonna lose!” Lazhira grinned. “I have the utmost confidence in my abilities to get someone to talk. You better be prepared to do what I say for a bit, hehe!” Lazhira Tallen would remove himself from the scene, earning a small frown from Lazhira as she’d shoo the animal outside again as Vammy finished tying up their prisoner.

“Cut it out, demon.” The prisoner hissed. “You think either of you ignorant fools can get me to talk? You’d have a better chance of forming a sentient pile of rocks.” Still, she was talking pretty tough and didn’t seem to think this was much of a threat as she was tied up, merely glaring at both Vammy and Lazhira both.

“But you go first. Well do it like this. Who makes her spill information, and how good that information is.” lazhira grinned. “So come on, miss demon. Show me what you can do. I am waiting~”

“...I feel like this is a game we shouldn’t play, Vammy. Something is wrong here.” The demon growled. “On the other hand this whelp is making light of us and I am furious.”





@Crusader Lord

Sorcha quietly listened to the Mothraki speak everything she was saying, taking the healing poultice gently and seeming to briefly inspect it as she spoke. She ultimately would end up not saying much, raising an eyebrow at Nylah as she’d tell them of the trap door and spoke some quite cynical words.

“...you have my thanks, but I will not be hiding either of us if something happens.” Sorcha responded curtly as Nylah would turn to leave. It wasn’t hard to guess what the woman meant, judging from her earlier words. As Nylah left, she’d see Sorcha putting the potion bottle in a belt pouch, before quietly starting to converse with Leuca again as she’d start to make some food for the both of them, though it was too far away for Nylah to hear what they were talking about.



@Click This@Crusader Lord

“Ah ye think? Well, don’t mind if I do then lass.” Eirhild replied. “Offer me a fair price and a bit ‘o adventure and I’d be more than happy ta’ help ye out a bit.” The dwarf eagerly hopped along beside Lissa, eager at the thought of a hot meal. Conveniently, the two would return at just about the same time Enli did.

“Ah…Lissa and…oh, a Dwarf from the mountains? What brings you to our humble village?” Enli curiously asked the Raam and the Dwarf. “Ah, no, sorry, I don’t have time for pleasantries. I really need to speak with Akala. Pardon me -” Quietly brushing past the two, is when Nylah would find herself back inside the Cathedral, just standing at its doors and greeting Lissa and Eirhild.

“Old fella’s in an awful hurry…” Eirhild grunted before turning to the Mothraki. “Well, seems like you and Lissa here had the same thought. We were just about to come visit ya.” Assuming the two were in agreement still, Eirhild would happily follow along behind the two taller girls as Nylah would bring them back to her place.

Sorcha was as stern and unapproachable as ever, standing just outside the door to the guest room where a sleeping Leuca had been tucked into bed. The blond didn’t say anything, merely gave Eirhild a nod of acknowledgement before focusing her attention on Lissa and their host again.





@Guy0fV4lor@ERode



“No you don’t!” Finnegan would not get very far before he’d feel a thread of silk yank on his ankle, nearly sending him falling face first onto the ground of the crypt. A second thread found its way around his torso and immediately yanked him away from the door and back towards Achel. Finn, would find himself instead of running, being pulled right back towards the woman he was trying to run from, and promptly shoved right into the womans chest.

“No running, you stay here with Achel.” She’d laugh, looking over to Atzi. “Mhm, sorry you had to see this Atzi…I…I may have…messed up some parting rituals and a few of them became grudges.” Achel shook her head, a forlorn expression as her body visibly drooped. “Urgh, this is why I never made the cut to be a proper priestess of hers, I suppose…”

As she’d speak, she’d tie up the struggling zombies, wrapping them in webbing as a spider might their prey to ensure that they couldn’t simply struggle free. The ones that had been severely beaten into redeath would be dealt with soon enough.

“You, erm, I don’t know your name but I am Achel. A humble gravekeeper. I’m terribly sorry we seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot. I’m not anyone scary, I promise.”


Hidden 2 mos ago Post by ERode
Raw
Avatar of ERode

ERode Inheritor

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



"Necromancer?"

A dark look slipped over Atzi's face, but she reined her own emotions in swiftly enough. Even if this stranger had just rendered the body of a friend unrecognizable. It wasn't his fault. He couldn't have known, really. Couldn't have cared. Didn't stop Atzi from perhaps applying a little too much force though, when she grabbed him by the neck and pulled him away from Achel's chest, before unceremoniously dropping him onto the ground. She looked at him in that moment with her one good eye, tilting her head to the side slightly. Bloodied and obviously scared, but in matters of that strangely 'indistinct' look that those cultists had, at least easily identifiable.

"One, that's rude. Two, Achel is definitely a gravekeeper. The best in the village even." She leaned in, looking as if to glower over him, before deciding, perhaps at the last moment, to offer her hand to pull him up to his feet as well. "And I'm Atzi. Leatherworker. Who're you and where didja come from?" A backwards glance at the Chiralta. "Heck, he wasn't here a few days ago, was he?"
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Pyromania99
Raw
Avatar of Pyromania99

Pyromania99 Double-edged Austerity

Member Seen 10 hrs ago

"She is though, isn't she?" Vammy said, slightly miffed. "And there's someone right here I can take it out on." The demon continued, smirking. "This isn't the best I can do. But it's what I want to do." Vammy mentioned before making sure their captive was face down. Just so the soles of her feet were facing up toward her. Now, perfectly for what she had planed, her nails were fairly long. "Now, you were fairly ticklish earlier when you were still out of it. I wonder what you're like now~" The demon's fingers lingered down and eventually landed on the bottom of their captive's feet. Then she started to wiggle them, lightly tickling her with an evil smile on her face.

"This is the unfun way~ I'd absolutely hate to touch you in the fun way." Vammy teased, looking towards certain body parts. Particularly, a part that her hand quite easily could reach... In fact, one quickly went there and gave it a nice smack. After all, it was right there in the open. "Hehehe~" The pervert giggled after smacking the dark skinned prisoner's bottom. She was happy to fully redouble her efforts after that into her tickling. Realistically, she was happy if she managed to get the woman to be unable to talk because of laughter.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Click This
Raw
Avatar of Click This

Click This Manchurian Imouto

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

Lissa


“Done.” Lissa didn’t hesitate to offer a number on the spot from her own savings, basing her offer of coin on her own calculations based on the gemstones that the dwarf had received as payment from Sorcha. Of course, she would petition the village or the merchant Mie for reimbursement if the entire endeavor was successful, but she wasn’t the type that would balk at the loss of petty coin to help somebody else in need. She thought she was a good judge of character and experience, and so far, Lissa didn’t find Eirhild wanting in either department.

Just as she began to depart, the mothraki in question returned, coincidentally along with Enli. The raam-in-disguise raised a hand in greeting, only to shrug as the village elder stepped aside. “Hum… wonder what all that was about. Eh, no matter, I guess. Shall we away to your house then, Nylah?” offering the girl a small smile, she stepped in alongside Nylah as they returned to her house. “Busy day, huh. So, you wanted to speak earlier? It’s not about Mie and the little trip I want to take, is it?”
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Crusader Lord
Raw
Avatar of Crusader Lord

Crusader Lord A professional, anxiety-riddled, part-time worker

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Nylah





“Well, seems like you and Lissa here had the same thought. We were just about to come visit ya.”
Dwarf Woman


"Y-Yes!"

As much as she was glad the other two had been about to look for her in turn, she just hoped things would go well over some hot food and trying to talk out a potential plan. At least with Lissa, if not the dwarven woman depending on what could be managed. In that vein the Mothraki was generally silent as she led the other two back to her abode, taking the same route she had with Sorcha and Leuca before the familiar door and walls and such were once again in sight.

Yet upon entering, and grabbing a little clean top-layer snow along the way, it seemed Sorcha was already standing guard over the spare room when they got back. Nylah felt a light burning in her cheeks, the embarrassment of her actions prior to heading out to look for the dwarf woman and Lissa still fresh enough in her mind that she was almost afraid to say any more. She was visibly a bit more nervous then, at least, but seemed to be trying to keep her cool. Or at least push back on the feeling of impending doom Sorcha's deadly stare and curt manner felt like they communicated. Blargh.

But perhaps the child was able to try to get some rest, at least. That and a hot meal were good to have, especially in cold weather like this.

Still, after entering the house with the other two the Mothraki put the clean snow in the pot and began to grab some supplies to try to make up a simple soup or stew using what supplies she could quickly get from the storeroom. Yet as she was trying to get the main room fire and such going to get things ready-

“Busy day, huh. So, you wanted to speak earlier? It’s not about Mie and the little trip I want to take, is it?”
Lissa


-...Nylah briefly paused at the question, almost like a deer in the headlights, but ultimately looked over to Lissa and gave a small nod of acknowledgement all the same. It did take a small bit of pressure off of her shoulders, at least, to get that much out in the open. Not that she'd had a chance to state the intention.

"Yes, actually.... I was having a similar if not same idea of my own, Lissa, and wished to speak with you about it. Preferably whilst trying to make everyone something hot to eat, where we have some space and can be a little more at east than standing in the temple or the cold otherwise."

A look of realization dawned on her eyes. She'd forgotten to invite them to sit down and rest as she got food ready! Drat.

"A-Ah! Do come into the main room and make yourselves comfortable, to that end, in the meantime! There should be some space to set down your things, if you wish, as well. And let me pull some chairs over as well so you can warm up as the food cooks! S-S-Sorry!"

After getting the fire started, as well as the clean snow and simple preserved or salted other ingredients and herbs in the pot, Nylah would hurry over somewhat quickly, pulling three chairs over so Lissa and Eirhild could sit down proper. She wasn't sure if Sorcha would want to, so the third chair would be hers if no one else used it. She then walked back to the fire pit itself, putting the lid on to try to get things boiling as she fretted about almost like some kind of housewife trying to best care for her guests. Albeit with one of them having a very potent death glare she could make use of, to say the least..

Then, once her two newest guests would hopefully get comfortable and sit down, Nylah would try to collect herself once more and speak again as she stood over the fire and cared for the pot of food she was trying to prepare. Albeit her starting with a small sigh was perhaps not the most confident, or unique, thing to do. But all the same it was a habit, perhaps, and it was maybe a habit of hers in particular? Something of the sort.

"So...we've no real idea of the situation between Mie's Caravan as well as the Yaga and Krysa acting so out of sorts. It could be they were hit badly by the passing of the Elder Beast through our area. Likewise, all that Haruno knows is what she's been through or told, and it seems Mie's situation might be very dire indeed.

Originally I though that we could perhaps help Mie, and....shamefully....that b-by helping her in particular give us some leverage for trade until we can get better resources or goods to trade with her and she and her people are able to recover. But more than that something else came to mind.

Something feels...off to me. About all of this. And I cannot put a finger on it. It has me suspicious at best of what's really happening, of the greater situation as a whole and how things got so bad. Perhaps I am thinking too hard on these things, but I wished to see what you think on the matter and your ideas for some kind of plan."


The Mothraki's eyes looked back up at Lissa and Eirhild here and there as she did her work over the food and fire, nervousness in her tone eventually giving way to a renewed sense of focus as she finally spoke her thoughts on things without holding them back. Her lips would purse some as she spoke as well, even if briefly, before giving way to the same more focused look in the end respectively. A bit of a shift, but somewhat similar and definitely reminiscent of how she'd been when focused on providing initial care for and then protecting her patient from the wolves a few nights ago in the forest perhaps?

@Rune_Alchemist@Click This

((A gigantic plushie dolphin is dropped on the tiny moon goddess. It is gigantic, but very soft and plushy.))

Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Guy0fV4lor
Raw
Avatar of Guy0fV4lor

Guy0fV4lor Retaker of The Holy Land

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago




@Rune_Alchemist@ERode

"Shi-!"

Finnegan cried out as he slammed face first into the floor; his knife and impromptu bludgeon spiraling out of his hands as he would be jerked back suddenly straight into the spider creature’s bosom. The Apostle opened his his mouth to scream; fully expecting the monster to sink it's venomous fangs into his skull, but that too would would be nipped at the bud as a rough grip seized the back of his collar and threw him to the ground.

"Ach!"

Battered and exhausted; the rush of Adrenaline having finally run it's course, Finnegan seemed to deflate-- a low, protracted groan leaking past his lips. Slowly he sat himself upright, left hand clamped tightly around his nose to stem the steady stream of blood that had started to flow forth.

Glancing about the room, Finnegan resigned himself with a sigh. Even if he were to make another attempt to run, it was obvious he wouldn't make far.

And after witnessing what that spider-thing had done to the undead, the last thing he wanted was to give the two strangers reason to further restrain him.

After listening silently two what the women had to say, Finn would accept Atzi's hand; albeit cautiously. "Finnegan Connors of Rheane's Apostles. Militaman and East Gatekeeper. Came here from Aventhrone on an expedition I think... It's all a bit fuzzy though, can't remember all the details."

Hefting to his feet with a grunt Finn would then look to Achel, "You. Mon- er... Achel? You're a follower of Rifelshka then? I dont know much about your Goddess, but I know she takes promises very seriously. Before I trust going anywhere with either of you-- I want you to swear on your Goddess' name that you dont intend to use in some kind necromantic ritual or want to keep me as some kind of breeding slave like the Valtem."

He approached where his blade lay, switching the hand keeping pressure on his nose as he bent over to retrieve it once more. Finnegan paused as he straighted his posture once more, having become faintly aware of a slight buzzing in his right palm; words he could only barely recall popping into his head as he'd absentmindedly repeat them under his breath.

He turned back to face Atzi and Achel, his hand falling away from holding his nose as he'd address the two.

"Now where God's name am I?"
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Rune_Alchemist
Raw
GM
Avatar of Rune_Alchemist

Rune_Alchemist Absolute Depravity

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@Pyromania99

“W-what do you think you’re doing…!” The woman shouted, though she’d be quickly silenced by a fit of laughter as her foot was tickled by the demon. She’d struggle and wiggle in her bonds. “Guh, if you think this treatment is gonna make me talk, demon-wha!” A sharp shout as her butt was subsequently smacked by the demon. Despite being this ticklish though, the woman didn’t seem entirely easy to break in quite this way.

“I-if this is your worst, demon-snrk-ahaha-guh I-I went through worse during-nngh -initiation!” Well, if she kept this up she might be able to get some information from the prisoner if she actually started some interrogation. Lazhira was idly watching nearby, though she didn’t seem to be impressed with this.

Neither did the demon, all things considered.





@Click This@Crusader Lord

“Thank ye lass, don’t mind if I do.” Eirhild would do exactly as Nylah suggested, taking the offered chair even if it was a bit short for her. “Haven’t had a warm meal in days. Traveling over that mountain was tiring.” Once the food had been served, Eirhild would quickly grab a bowl and a mouthful of food, eagerly downing the warm meal as the Mothraki spoke.

“People would not attack a merchant caravan unless they wished to make an enemy of all merchants in the area or they were confident or perhaps, desperate enough to do so.” Hearing Sorcha’s voice as she’d abruptly interrupted the conversation was perhaps something of a surprise. She was standing against the wall, arms folded and eyes closed though it was clear she was listening intently to her surroundings despite it. “I do not know of the civilizations north of the mountains, but it sounds like they aren’t mere independent villages seeking opportunity. I’d say your fears would be correct, Mothraki, for what its worth.”

“Ah, don’t be ashamed of expecting a reward for work lass.” Eirhild chimed in after. “People hardly do good work for free. I’m sure this Mie would think the same, but we’ll need some sorta plan if we want to mount a rescue.”





@Guy0fV4lor@ERode



“Allow me to explain.” Achel started with a hum, initially replying to Atzi as Finnegan warily asked her to make a promise to her goddess. She made no sudden movements as she spoke, keeping herself a good distance from Finnegan just in case. “Just as the blizzard started, Maira found him passed out on the river's edge. She brought him to the church in hopes of having Akala heal him, but...” Achel frowned, grabbing the ceremonial candle snuffer from the ground and placing it back onto its proper place. “Well, she couldn’t. He was in some sort of coma and with it having an unknown cause and him otherwise being fine, she asked me to look after him here. I didn’t say anything yesterday because well, I truly did think he died. I couldn’t even detect any hint of life in him.”

The Chiralta shook her head, scooting over to Atzi as she’d briefly run her hands over the stronger womans body as if inspecting her for any sign of injury before seemingly satisfied and answering Finnegans second request.

“Hehe, but if all it takes as a little promise from this little spider, then-” She’d hop over to Finnegan, extend a hand and offer him a fanged, though friendly seeming smile. “I, Achel the Gravekeeper, swear to the Goddess Rifelshka that I mean no harm to the one named Finnegan. If you don’t mind I’d…well,” She’d place her other hand on her mouth, blinking in surprise. “Well, I’d say that I’d take a look at that injury of yours but it seems you healed it yourself…”

Hidden 1 mo ago Post by ERode
Raw
Avatar of ERode

ERode Inheritor

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



The...Apostles? Wait, this guy was totally a cultist then! And the first thing he did once he got back up was go pick up his weapon. Atzi exchanged a quick look with Achel, but the Chiralta didn't look to register that as a threat so she wouldn't do anything hasty about it either. So the dark-skinned woman simply crosse- left her arm hanging awkwardly to the side as she listened to this 'Finnegan Connors' identity, and then to Achel's own explanation to how he even came here. Her eyebrows lifted too, at the reveal that this young man had sustained injuries as well that healed rather fast, but perhaps that was just the boon of whatever God he worshipped.

Really, all this was fascinating, but when it came down to it, this was still a cultist of some sort who had come from another town, was a racist, and looked liable to fucking snap and go on a rampage if he saw Vammy. Perhaps, if she were Akando, this would be where she pulled out a bow and shot an arrow through his skill.

"Well, that's cool and all. Guess I'll introduce 'im to the Elder then? Oh, but also, I'm here to collect on that offer of yours." Atzi wiggled her stump. "For a skeleton arm. Don't need anything permament-like, but something that can fix my balance would be more than enough, really. Could ya get that working for me, Achel?"
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Click This
Raw
Avatar of Click This

Click This Manchurian Imouto

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

Lissa


Entering Nylah’s house along with said host and Eirhild, she gave a quick look around before her eyes fell on Sorcha, standing guard by one of the doors. Despite the frosty initial introduction between the two, she nonetheless gave the grumpy woman a polite nod of acknowledgement before she turned back to follow the mothraki girl to whatever she was doing, apparently grabbing supplies for the evening’s supper.

Ah, so it seemed Nylah wanted to discuss something along the lines of the little expedition that she was planning. “Well, sure, we can talk about it shortly,” the Raam-in-disguise nodded, before glancing over at the ingredients laid out in front of them. “Maybe in the meantime I can help you with preparing your stew?”

Once that was done, though, she sat down together with the other girls after giving an acknowledgement of thanks to her host like a gracious guest should. Once they were eating, they finally had the talk that Nylah had so wished earlier. “Right. The effects of bad timing with all of these… local disasters was what made me think the elder beast was to blame…” Lissa considered her words as she slowly sipped her stew. She gave a hum of approval after her first sip, before continuing on. “I’ll confess, I don’t have the same feeling of foreboding or sense of wrongness of the entire situation, at least not beyond the facts we established… but, eh, I’m hardly as familiar with these groups and the region as you are, Nylah,” Lissa admitted, before glancing over in some surprise at Sorcha deigning to answer. “That is a good point, and if we’re to do this, we’ll have to exercise utmost caution.”

“I’m sure I mentioned this earlier, but the simplest plans are the best, and that’s to carefully scout the situation, either from afar or by asking around on the periphery before deciding what to do. Whatever that ultimately ends up being, either going in for a committed rescue mission, or falling back to reassess the situation or gather more help all depends on what the landscape looks like. Without proper information or manpower, the pre-planning scouting mission would also have to fall to us…”
Hidden 1 mo ago 1 mo ago Post by Crusader Lord
Raw
Avatar of Crusader Lord

Crusader Lord A professional, anxiety-riddled, part-time worker

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Nylah





She almost flinched at Sorcha's sudden cutting in, save for having tried to mentally prepare herself for it since the woman was standing there and listening to what she'd been saying. She could tell that much....or rather, no, she felt like such a thing was natural for a person such as Sorcha to do anyway. Always an ear to the ground, and somehow familiar in that sense. At the same time, though, the dwarven woman's words were somewhat of a comfort, only to be followed up with Lissa's own input after having helped the Mothraki girl cook the food and get things going. A welcome bit of help, but ultimately this was all small pickings compared to the task ahead.

In the meantime, Nylah took a couple bites of soup as she finally got to sit down herself after the food was finally completed. She did lightly fidget with her fingers as Lissa called her more of an 'expert' of the area than she was. Which was perhaps true, but...eh. Nevermind.

She lightly shook her head to clear the potentially distracting thoughts, before her eyes scanned over the others in the room. Nylah then seemed to focus back on the fire, after looking about to the others, going back into her own train of thought about the matter. Not being ignorant of what was going on around her, but more just seeming to be that sort of 'well focused and pondering something' once more.

"I agree that scouting the situation out would be best, Lissa, giving us a chance to learn how dire things are and what is truly going on. Yet with no idea on how things will be, I feel we must be prepared to act either way to flee or assist as we scout things out as well. With how much time has passed, we could find ourselves or others in deeper trouble than we came prepared for if we do not think ahead somewhat more."

The Mothraki took another bite of soup, though without thinking too hard on what was in front of her the spoon brought some far-too-hot contents straight into her mouth. Snapping out of things, Nylah lightly panicked and dropped her spoon back into the bowl with a small splash...a little soup on her good clothes too. Drat.

After recomposing herself, eventually, she would turn to look at the others again. Albeit somewhat embarrassed, that much was visible, but trying to focus back on the topic at hand.

"A-At any rate...out there, we should be going with a proper and constant sense of caution, I believe, considering both this situation and what we ran into in the woods some days ago.

Whether the Krysa and Yaga are desperate enough to go after us upon making contact is one matter, but the predators in the woods have been driven to come further out to try to find food. That much I think has become clear enough to myself and Lissa at least, for what I can actually speak about. Even the wolves are more than desperate due to hunger, willing to face down well-armed people simply to try to get a meal.

Further, I've no idea of any of the kin of the passing Elder Beast have remained, or if all we might see elsewise is the Kyrinth's deer...which we must leave alone if we are to not anger our own local Elder Beast here."


@Rune_Alchemist@Click This

Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Pyromania99
Raw
Avatar of Pyromania99

Pyromania99 Double-edged Austerity

Member Seen 10 hrs ago

The tips of Vammy's fingernails grew hot. It wouldn't cause any permanent damage or anything but on sensitive feet it would feel unpleasant. The demoness would tickle the captive's feet harder. The firey feeling on her nails would be the only thing the soles of the captive would feel. "Now, perhaps you'd like to start us off with your name?" The demon asked as one of her hands slowly moved towards the dark-skinned woman's rear and gave it a nice grab. Her firey fingernails digging in a small bit.

"Besides, I think whatever I'm gonna do to you is a lot more fun than whatever she's gonna do to you." The demon said as her hands moved up a bit, poking spots on the woman's body. Her back, side, shoulders.... Before they found them tickling the woman under the arms this time, her fingers still uncomfortably hot. "Now~ Come on, speak up. I wanna hear your little secrets~" The demon spoke into her ear before giving it a warm nibble. "If you speak up, a nice little demon named Vammy will take very good care of you~" Soon enough, her hands would start to move... elsewhere nearby. Whether the woman spoke or not.

Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Guy0fV4lor
Raw
Avatar of Guy0fV4lor

Guy0fV4lor Retaker of The Holy Land

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago




@Rune_Alchemist@ERode

Though he would initially recoil at Achel's sudden approach-- Finnegan's attention would very quickly be directed to the fact hthat the young Militiaman had somehow fixed his own nose in an instant.

His eyes began to slowly widen as his fingers touched about his various wounds; his nose was no longer broken, the various bruises and bites no longer ached... Even the severed tip of his finger had stabbed over in mere moments.

The recollection of the dream preceeding the violent melee made its way back to the forefront of Finnegan's mind as an ecstatic grin slowly crept its way across his face.

"So I really did recieve a revelation"... he muttered with childlike glee as his traced the edge of the cog shaped scar on his palm with his left thumb.

His gaze lifted to Atzi; meeting the burly woman with a beaming smile, "If what the Spider says is true... Then it's gotta be God's will that I'm here! Please-- I'd love to meet the Chief of this Village; I owe the Village my life after all!"

Posturing proudly, Finn put a fist on each hip as he puffed his chest, "It's only right that I give proper thanks before heading back to Aventhrone."
Hidden 1 mo ago 1 mo ago Post by Rune_Alchemist
Raw
GM
Avatar of Rune_Alchemist

Rune_Alchemist Absolute Depravity

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@Pyromania99

The dark skinned woman growled in defiant annoyance at the demons 'interrogation’ methods. If lazhira had any misgivings about it she didn’t seem particularly interested in sharing them. The village girl instead watched with some mild interest as Vammy played with the other woman in a number of particularly obscene ways. Still, the dark skinned woman didn’t seem interested in talking.

”Hmph, she’s a tough one. Physical torture of some sort isn’t likely to work. If you want information you’ll likely have to get creative.” The familiar voice of the demon interrupted Vammy’s thoughts. “I can help…if you just let me…teach you a little something, though the woman is likely not going to like it, fufu. I don’t know what training she’s gone through but you’ll have to get creative if you don’t want my direct help. Maybe…give her a little carrot? Mortals love bargaining but you’d need something that would be tempting to her and she doesn’t seem interested in us.”

“I don’t need taken care of.” The woman hissed. “And I have nothing to say to your primitive and useless interrogation methods.”





@Click This@Crusader Lord

The two spoke among themselves, Sorcha keeping quiet, aside from voraciously eating the prepared food. Since Nylah seemed to have offered, the woman seemed to take the Mothraki up on her offer of dinner eagerly and had already somehow managed to completely down a bowl of the stew in a mere few minutes inhaling the food moreso than eating it as Lissa finished her suggestion. She’d quickly be filling a second bowl without care for whether the other two wanted more or not, settling back down at the table as soon as Nylah finished her piece.

“Find a nearby village and ask around.” Sorcha responded simply. “Easiest way to gather information is from the people themselves. They’d have no reason to be hostile to either of you three initially.” She proceeded to start eating as swiftly as she was before.

“We waste time with that though, this Mie lass might be caught between a cave wall and a crystal eater nest.” Eirhild grunted. “Could be best to just go straight there. We know what we gotta do so we don’t need to know much more, do we? Dunno what’s going on here, but we don’t even know if that blizzard even reached the Yaga or Krysa that much, do we?”

It was true though, there didn’t seem to be much information to go on beyond what Haruno had told them and it seemed this attack was unprovoked and unwarranted if she was to be believed.





@Guy0fV4lor@ERode

“Ah! A skeleton arm? Atzi, but you’re not a skeleton.” The Chiralta responded with a smile, stepping away from Finnegan. “Ah, but I might have just the thing! Give me a minute. I won’t desecrate the dead, buuuut I’ve got an old arm laying around here, lets see where did I put it…” Achel scurried over to some old shelves and cabinets and began milling through them. “If you want to see the village chief, I can take you. I think he’s busy talking about something with Akala regarding something written in that book of hers…but he’d love to meet you, I’m sure.”

It would only take a few seconds of searching for Achel to come back over to Atzi, presenting to her…well, an arm. It wasn’t exactly a skeletal arm, well it looked like one but it was quite obviously made of inorganic materials of some sort. Something that resembled bone but the joints looked more like they belonged on a doll or other construct.

“Here you go! Well, its probably not gonna fit but I don’t think I have enough time to modify it.” She’d hand it to Atzi for her to inspect. It was old, but still in fairly good condition. Strong threads of Chiralta silk seemed to run along the joints, mimicking muscles and tendons in a rough, albeit clever fashion though Atzi likely couldn’t make use of it. “Closest thing to a skeleton arm I got.” She’d hop over to Finnegan, ending up behind him and giving him a push from behind.

“And I’ll take you to Enli!” Another playful shove. “Hurry your bones up I’m sure Akala would be glad to see you alive too!”



Hidden 26 days ago 26 days ago Post by Crusader Lord
Raw
Avatar of Crusader Lord

Crusader Lord A professional, anxiety-riddled, part-time worker

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Nylah





As the others talked, Nylah did her best to get down more of the hot food she had so she could get some more. It seemed Sorcha, despite having said she'd cook for herself and Leuca, was still very hungry indeed. It was simply a hearty simple meal she'd prepared, really, but it seemed to be enough for those in the room in general. It made her somewhat happy in a certain regard, that others could enjoy a meal she'd made. Especially with the cold outside to boot. That made a hot meal and the crackling fire that much more appealing regardless, she supposed.

Yet her mind ultimately was more focused on the matter at hand, even as she got her second bowl and sat down, as both Sorcha and Eirhild had made a good point about the different angles from which they could approach things. At least in her own mind.

“Find a nearby village and ask around.” Sorcha responded simply. “Easiest way to gather information is from the people themselves. They’d have no reason to be hostile to either of you three initially.”
Scary Sorcha


It was easy enough a solution, at least if the locals weren't somehow against them or didn't attack them on sight. Also if they were willing to talk, etc. Though whether they'd be able to talk to Mie in her camp as well after that would be a question, among others, if they even got the chance. It would certainly be more useful in obtaining information from the non-Mie side of things.

And yet...

“We waste time with that though, this Mie lass might be caught between a cave wall and a crystal eater nest.” Eirhild grunted. “Could be best to just go straight there. We know what we gotta do so we don’t need to know much more, do we? Dunno what’s going on here, but we don’t even know if that blizzard even reached the Yaga or Krysa that much, do we?”
Eirhild


The straightforward approach was perhaps the most valuable in regards to time. How much food and supplies Mie and her people had, versus the Krysa and Yaga's own supplies, was something serious. Haruno had fought tooth and nail to get to the village to try to send over help. It was a desperate situation that was only going to get worse. One of the few silver linings to her, off the cuff at least, would be if Mie and her people were more well-prepared than their foes. Then again potentially a far more horrible situation otherwise if the opposite was true, and thus leaned in favor of the Krysa and Yaga.

Hmm...

"...With all of this in mind, I believe it could be best to go there as soon as we can whilst being as prepared as we can. S-Such are my own thoughts at the very least...but in the end we can't be ready for both scenarios completely, and surprises are likely to abound both there and along the way. Yet with the desperation that helped drive Haruno to come here and seek help, and what she endured to do so, it is most clear that things must be bad enough for Mie and her people and frankly everyone over there as it is.

If we wish to intervene and try to save some lives, or even get to the truth of this situation before it solves itself, then I believe we must get moving as soon as we can. That much I feel is imperative enough at this time, alongside a generally cautious approach once we'd get there."


The Mothraki ran a hand through her own hair, before letting her hands rest around her bowl of food once more. She would pause, cooling off and taking a bite using her spoon before looking back up at the others at the table once more.

"With this all in mind I would not think to ask you to leave your charge, Miss Sorcha. But Lissa, Miss Eirhild...would you be willing to come along with me? With the three of us at least, we could scout out things if nothing else.

Whatever we end up doing, I must bring something to my Mother and go see her before we could go though, in such a case as you'd agree to such as request as this one. But I could see if Miss Calra has anything to spare before we leave as well as seek out any spare rations or food we could carry. Then we could meet back here and set out before it gets dark, and make some progress and time while we still can."


It was an idea of sorts. Albeit a tad rushed. But they hadn't the time to ponder for days on end, now when this was all going down. Not when this could be used, in her own theory, to help the village itself and save more lives in the process. Whether the others thought it was a good plan/idea, however, was not something for her to decide. Neither did she want to even try to drag Sorcha away from her charge, especially after that long trip of theirs to get to Dawn in the first place. Miss Eirhild had been with them as well to boot.

Yet...all she knew is that she felt they needed to go as soon as they could at this venture, and between her thoughts and gut instincts it all seemed to be in agreement on it all. Now it was just up to hearing the others' thoughts on it all, etc. If it even was a good plan of action in the first place that she'd just suggested...

@Rune_Alchemist@Click This

((Oh no. The cute gift dolphin plush was animated and swam off. It was time to think of another strategy indeed...))

Hidden 26 days ago Post by Click This
Raw
Avatar of Click This

Click This Manchurian Imouto

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

Lissa


Lissa inclined her head towards the suddenly semi-amicable woman. “My thoughts exactly. As far as most people in the region are concerned, I’m an uninvolved traveler, and I intend to leverage that status if the entire issue is more… political,” she explained, as she blew on the stew to cool it down, out of habit, if anything. She’d already taken a few bites of it now, but it was definitely to her liking. Shortly, she had a second bowl of the stuff.

“My understanding of the situation is that it’s more of a siege... Hopefully not as dire of a situation where she needs to ring the caravan wagons into a defensive circle in an open plain sort of thing, but I’m not going to charge in there blindly and lose any of you in some abortive rescue.” She shook her head at the dwarf, appreciating her boldness, but to her, discretion was far more important, even if it costed them extra time.

When Nylah spoke up in approval of Eirhild’s take, Lissa shrugged. “Hmm… Be that as it may, I don’t want to turn us into another party that needs to be rescued out of a dire situation.” She settled into her stew once more, letting her voice more of her thoughts, before she had to chuckle and raise an eyebrow at the Mothraki girl. “Nylah, I thought we were on the same page? I was the one forming an expedition and recruiting for it just moments ago, you know. My thoughts on this are obvious. The three of us would make for a good small scouting party. Perhaps a plus one from somebody else to round us out, but it’s not necessary,” she commented, thinking of who else in the village might be useful and willing to help. It was obvious that Sorcha was not going to leave her charge, nor would she have seriously thought of asking her. As far as things went now, though, they could do far worse with herself, Nylah, and Eirhild.
Hidden 26 days ago Post by ERode
Raw
Avatar of ERode

ERode Inheritor

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



"Appreciate it, Achel~" Atzi chimed, giving the Chiralta a quick one-armed hug. The skeleton arm really was a bit on the small side, but well, even if it didn't fit, at least she could use it, probably. Maybe to freak out Maira a bit. Or to throw it at that cultist punkass. She glanced quickly towards that Finnegan fellow again, narrowing her eyes. "And you keep outta trouble, yeah? Dunno what your deal with, but first, the 'spider's' name is Achel, and second, we've got a lot more non-human types 'round in Dawn than just her. Talk shit and you'll get folded in half real bad."

Hopefully that'd get across to him. Hopefully Enli could do some better mentoring too, on the virtues of treating everyone as individuals and every race as more-or-less-equals-until-they-fuck-up-culturally. The dark-skinned woman scratched the back of her head, spent a few moments strapping the prosthesis over her shoulder joint, and then gave it a couple experimental flexes. It was definitely on the small side of things, and finer motor movements were a bit hard to do, but she could clench it into a fist, and so, she could punch with it.

...well, hopefully old bones like these didn't break so easily.

"Alright, I'll be off now. Maybe drop by Akando's place when you've got the chance? Pretty sure he'll have some cured stuff for you two to chew on."
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet