1 Guest viewing this page
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by LiegeLord
Raw

LiegeLord

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

@Marmalised Junk

"Oh you are Fae? Interesting. I know some magic can cause dramatic changes, don't you have the power to shrink yourself back down?" More than happy if she wanted to sit with him, otherwise he'd stay turned in his chair as he focuses on her to avoid being rude. Though her next words and question threw him for a loop, looking conflicted and lost on how to respond as he leans back in his chair, both hands on the cup as he taps a finger against its surface.

"Oh well uhh that's a bit delicate to just talk about, especially in a crowded place... I'd also not like to have word of it spreading around if you get what I mean? Not saying you would but too many ears listening in. But I can at least say, I'm a dragon and wyvern, a weird hybrid blend between the two." Chuckling and removing one of his hands to tap his cheek with a pair of fingers as he continues. "Now for you. Are you from the Faeworld or were you born in a forest that's populated with Fae? And yes I know of the Faeworld, I met a lad who was fae raised and had the power to cross the boundary to reach it."

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Dark Light
Raw
GM
Avatar of Dark Light

Dark Light

Member Seen 7 hrs ago

@Katakuri

”I tire of cooking, if you could take over from that it would be greatly appreciated. I’m sure you can find your way around the kitchen. We have a pretty extensive range of supplies. The imps back there will source the ingredients for you, just let them know you are boss.
But you will also need to take take the orders and cover the bar if you are not cooking. Think you can handle that?”
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Marmalised Junk
Raw
Avatar of Marmalised Junk

Marmalised Junk I'm not a clown, I'm the entire circus

Member Seen 24 days ago

@LiegeLord

"Oh you are Fae? Interesting. I know some magic can cause dramatic changes, don't you have the power to shrink yourself back down?"


"I guess I do, but I like looking more like a human. It's easier to get around, and people don't look at me weird."

Anya nodded when Vendril said it was delicate to talk about. She understood when people didn't want to speak about things.

Her murky eyes widened at the mention of a dragon/wyvern hybrid.
"Woah.. I've only every seen a wyvern once before, and I've met a few dragons.. but that's it."
Too many ears listening in was an understandable reason. If Anya had good hearing, who knows what others may have.

Listening to his question, she thought for a moment. Was it The Faeworld, or was it a forest? Memories like this are a little hazy.

"I think I'm from the Faeworld. I don't remember much, but I'm pretty sure it was the Faeworld."
She waited a moment before adding,
"I don't know of that many who are aware of The Faeworld. Or, many who were Fae-raised. Most of us were Born living there, but I do know a few who were raised- but from what I know, they tend to stay in Fae-populated forests."

The girl pondered what to ask for a moment.
"How old exactly are you? I've heard dragons have long lifespans, but I'm not sure about Wyverns. There's a possibility that I'm older then you, but I don't remember exactly how old you see."

A muddled look crossed the fae's face, as if she was trying to recall something.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Katakuri
Raw
Avatar of Katakuri

Katakuri I'm the kid with the cardboard face...

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago


Listening to the rest of what Dorian had to say, Ghiar nodded his head in appreciation, "Thank you, I will get to work right away," he informed his new boss. He would keep in mind that the imps would help him, and he would need to show them who was boss. This might be a newer encounter since he was used to using his telekinetic abilities when it came to grabbing small items like spices and such.

Another thing he would keep in mind was having to take orders and cover the bar if he was not cooking, that seemed pretty easy, but he did not know how busy this tavern got. Looking around to see how many people were in this place, it didn't seem like it would be overwhelming, I think I can handle it," he confirmed. @Dark Light

Take orders and cover the bar...
Cook...
Clean...

Ghiar made his way through the tavern and found himself in the kitchen within a minute or two. There were many different pots, pans, and spices. Nodding his head, he could work with all of this easily. He noticed an imp out of the corner of his eye, he waved to show that he was friendly but the imp seemed to be doing whatever - practically ignoring him.

Chuckling at the moment, "This should be fun," he said to himself before getting familiar with everything. He was going to check out the workstation, where the spices were, and what was already established in this kitchen before going out and talking to the crowds of people.
1x Like Like
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by LiegeLord
Raw

LiegeLord

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

@Marmalised Junk

Letting the girl speak as he gets comfortable and pulls out some of the pasties he was nibbling on before, placing them on the counter and letting her have a few if she wants as he responds. "Well people will be people, you don't have to worry about that with me. In fact I've met a few fairies while on my trip to the Faeworld, they stood on the palm of my hand as we spoke. Miss one of them, Selene, she was polite and courteous."

Thinking on those past memories for a moment before chuckling and focusing back on the girl before him, curious if she may end up being someone he enjoys the company of. So far she was being very polite which already put her in a better light then many others he's been around. A slight grin appearing over his smile before it would fade as he notes her reaction to him being what he is. Maybe later on if she comes to be someone he trusts he'll show her what he is, for now that will be enough.

"Ahh I see, the Faeworld I know is a whole different dimension entirely. It's the keep their home safe and pure. But yes the one I know was Fae-raised, he was very friendly to the Fae and he protects many Fae forests. I think you'd like him though he isn't Fae himself."

After his response to the Fae forest and realm parts he'd take one of the pastries himself, taking a small bite to enjoy the taste as he raises an eyebrow at her next question. That's a question he didn't think to be asked but it was also to be expected, finishing his bite as he smiles. Oh how old am I? Well to be fair I forgot myself my exact age. But I know I was part of a certain hallowed war... that would place me at around three thousand already by the end of that second war, I forget when I became part of it..." Thinking on it for a short bit before shaking his head and sighing as he looks at her with a saddened smile.

"A-Anyway I don't wanna be rude and ask a girl her age, so how about you tell me a bit about yourself?"
Hidden 4 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by Marmalised Junk
Raw
Avatar of Marmalised Junk

Marmalised Junk I'm not a clown, I'm the entire circus

Member Seen 24 days ago

Anya eyed one of the pasties as she spoke.

"It's fine! I would tell you my age, but I don't remember it. Although we might closer in age then I thought. I guess it doesn't really matter."

She took a moment to think about what to tell him, before answering.

"Hmm... well, I travel a lot, and I'm basically a street performer- one time performing on a stage, but that's only because some person wanted me to open their show or something. I do aerial acrobatics and flips and stuff while flying. What else.."

The girl took one of the pasties and quickly asked if Vendril minded, before stuffing it into her hungry little mouth.

"Oh, right," she continued, "I can make wind. It's cool, and it helps me get real high up in the sky. Not far enough into the stars though.."
The girl rambled about the stars for a minute or so, before she remembered she was supposed to be talking.

"I don't really have contact with my family anymore, and I haven't for around a decade. I don't know why, because I don't think anything bad happened. Maybe it was just that I left and they moved or something? I don't know- I might go and visit them soon.
@LiegeLord
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Katakuri
Raw
Avatar of Katakuri

Katakuri I'm the kid with the cardboard face...

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



After taking a few moments to familiarize himself with the kitchen and imps, Ghiar decided to get to work. Stepping out from behind the counter, he was in the bigger common space. Scanning the room, he was looking for people who appeared in need of service. No player characters appeared in dire need, so he walked to a table of nameless non-player characters. This small group seemed like they were not waited on, so he gladly would wait on them.

Ghiar seemed to have a pleasant smile as he talked to this small group and took their orders. Everythig they wanted was pretty simple, a few different glasses of different alcohols and whatever was on the menu. One did a special request item of no mushrooms on their burger - allergy. He wrote that on his notes before wishing them a good day and telling them he would be back soon.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by LiegeLord
Raw

LiegeLord

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

@Marmalised Junk

Noticing the glance at the pastries as she spoke, but he wouldn't say anything to instead respond to her words. "Fair enough. A performer? Well that's a nice to live, able to travel and see things. I couldn't perform myself but I've always enjoyed such practices."

Chuckling as he notices her going for the pasties, which he actually pushed closer to her so she knows he left them out so she can have some. But in the process he'd snag another himself to nip at as they spoke. "Go ahead, I have a pouch full of them. But after that I'll either have to see if this fine establishment can make them or I'll have to wait until I go back to where I came from to get more."

His words coming forth before her own, though her final words on the matter would have him leaning forward as he looks away. Hard to know what to say in a situation like this but he'd try regardless. "Well I bet you'll see them again, talk to them and all. But then again they are probably still where you came from, so all you have to do is find your way back. If you do belong to the Faeworld, then I could try to contact that fae raised lad and see if he could help you reach it? After all it is a whole different place entirely." Looking to her with those words with a soft and considerate smile.
Hidden 4 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by Dark Light
Raw
GM
Avatar of Dark Light

Dark Light

Member Seen 7 hrs ago

@EVERYONE


Back at Clays table the imp retuned with a small ‘pop’ of shadows. It startled clay and caused him to drop his bottle.
The small creature looked hurt and exhausted but in its hands it held a long thin dagger, as requested.
Upon initial viewing it was clear this was no ordinary dagger. It exude a menacing and vile aura. The imps were dark creatures but something about this dagger was far darker than they were. It’s intentions were pure malice and death.

The imp quickly toss it to Clay who momentarily admired it before handing it over to the fox masked lady. ”Huh, looks like it can get other things.” he said slightly amused but equally nonchalant. Before he could command it to get him another drink the demonic little creature flew off and settled behind the Naga.

A chill breeze swept through the tavern. Breaths soon turned mist, ice crystals formed in settled liquid. The fire dwindled and died against the plummeting drop in temperature.

Emerging from the darkest corners of the ceiling and walls, sinister, spectral figures robed in darkness emerged. One after another they came forth. They had no visual features or appendages, except for their glowing red eyes. Eyes that radiated with a clear malevolence and disdain for the living.
They circled the tavern swooping amongst the patrons effortlessly with an agile speed, spreading an empty coldness in their wake.

[[TAVERN EVENT- !Wraiths invade the tavern!]]


Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Zyx
Raw
Avatar of Zyx

Zyx ⁛ Troubled Ideation ⁛

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Lyren continued to drink, and a brief glance in the wraith's direction proved to be all that was required to keep them at bay. Almost as if they could recognize the Living God for what they were by instinct alone. With that problem taken care of, they set their mug down and summoned a board onto the table, before launching into what could be best described as a very incomprehensible and intricate version of chess. Seemingly against some unseen force, or perhaps themselves.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Marmalised Junk
Raw
Avatar of Marmalised Junk

Marmalised Junk I'm not a clown, I'm the entire circus

Member Seen 24 days ago

@LiegeLord
"Thank you! I'd love to go back to the faeworld."
She smiled up at Sir Vendril, munching on a pasty as she did.

Anya let out a little squeak when she saw the wraiths.

The girl launched into the air with fright, sending blasts of air in most directions.
She shivered as the temperature dropped, fluttering around, seemingly very frightened of the creatures.
Freezing air was still blowing around, and it took a moment or so before she realised it was mist.

"I'll be right back!", She told Vendril, and fluttered off to observe one of the wraiths, hovering in places as an attempt to warm herself.

Hidden 4 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by aia2022
Raw
Avatar of aia2022

aia2022 fishy girl?

Member Seen 8 days ago


Lavender received the dagger with a nod of thanks, ignoring the bottle that dropped to the floor and noting the dagger’s aura and how similar it was to the temple. The fox-faced woman pitied the imp and how tired it looked.

As a chilling cold swept through the tavern and the wraiths appeared, the woman frowned slightly at her now frozen wine before remembering that there was a more important thing inside the tavern as of now: the wraiths. Lavender attempted to recall if she had ever encountered such creatures before while watching the wraith’s figures move around like those ghosts described in children’s storybooks. She would turn the dagger around in her hands, silently comparing the aura of the dagger, the aura of the temple, and the aura of the wraiths and trying to decide which one was worse.

Lavender positioned the dagger in a way that suggested she was about to attack and faked drawing back her new weapon to strike a nearby wraith from behind to see what happened- something undoubtedly foolish. As if it had a pair of eyes on the back of it’s head, the wraith turned almost immediately and glared, almost like it was daring the woman to attack while somehow looking unimpressed at the same time. All while doing that, it started slowly moving menacingly close. The woman set down the dagger onto the table to shift her chair backwards a little, and really just sat there and waited to see what would happen next. Eventually it narrowed it’s glowing red eyes and drifted away.

Huh, a patient one. At least Lavender hadn’t died yet. She knew it was incredibly dumb of her to trigger such a dangerous being like that, and she understood that she wouldn’t be so lucky the next time.

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Griffintaur
Raw

Griffintaur

Member Seen 14 days ago

Tharraleos had been continuing to observe the other patrons as the oversized jug of water became more and more empty. These types of places usually seemed to attract some rather unique individuals, which meant he typically didn't stand out as much in comparison. As the last of the liquid slid down his gullet and he opened his maw to call to the bartender, an abrupt decrease in temperature sent a shiver down his spines.

Unwavering goldenrod eyes scanned the area and instantly took note of the spectral entities. Well, this was certainly unexpected. One of the creatures seemed to sense the immense power of Tharr and his hunger for battle. The Tauric Griff barely had time to lean his upper body forward to narrowly avoid a claw swipe aimed for the back of his neck. Pushing it back with the strength of his tail, Tharraleos would return to a standing position and turn towards his attacker, noting how 2 more had joined its side.

"Very well. Come meet your end then." The beast bellowed, letting out his signature battle cry. The piercing screech of an eagle would resonate through the tavern that transitioned into the booming roar of a lion that almost seemed to threaten the structural integrity of the establishment. Sure he was weary from his travels, but he always seemed to have energy for a skirmish. Assuming a defensive stance, he'd stare down his newest prey with anticipation.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by LiegeLord
Raw

LiegeLord

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

@Marmalised Junk
"The pleasure is all mine, just happy to help." Smiling a bit as the wraiths invaded the inn, the girl's sudden flight forced him to grasp his hat to avoid it flying away.

Blinking a tad afterwards as he takes out his pistol and watches the spectral beings, seeming cautious about them. They weren't something he hasn't dealt with before, many encounters with magical creatures has burned into his mind to always keep a supply of silver bullets. Though he didn't want to revert to his different form if possible, though if these beings started attacking anyone who doesn't strike first he'd leave it alone. But the first moment they showed hostility he'd start firing, even the sound of the hammer being drawn back showed he was ready.

Standing up as he looks over the beings, they resembled Shades in so many ways yet there were clear differences, so thankfully they didn't push him to be on edge. Instead he'd look to all the other patrons and beings in the place, he'd notice the griffin like being having already engaged themselves in combat with the wraiths. Reminded him somewhat of the Hurum, a chuckle breaking from him as he remembers their lot. How they always dove headfirst into a fight, he also would never forget getting hit by one while he was in his draconic form... felt like getting hit by a truck. But for now he was focused more on protecting anyone who was attacked by these things.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Katakuri
Raw
Avatar of Katakuri

Katakuri I'm the kid with the cardboard face...

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago


Coming back out from behind the counter with all the drinks that the individuals ordered, he set everyone's specific order down in front of them before noticing that they were all staring at something. Turning his attention, Ghiar noticed the wraiths, and he seemed to tense up for a moment. The darker hues of his body consume the lighter hues.
These creatures did not appear to be aggressive, but he was uncertain about their presence. This is an unsettling situation, he thought before excusing himself from the table and slowly approaching a few wraiths. The only item he had in his hand was a dark serving tray, and he wasn't approaching with any aggression. Ghiar was curious.

The closer he got to the wraiths, the darker his body was overall. He began to blend into the shadows naturally, so he was difficult to see. Becoming almost transparent in appearance, he stood in front of one. Examining it, "Can I help you?" he asked politely to see if they were here to be served or not.
Hidden 4 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by Dark Light
Raw
GM
Avatar of Dark Light

Dark Light

Member Seen 7 hrs ago

@Katakuri
”Yesss” the undead creature replied with a low raspy hiss as it grabbed Ghairs shoulders with its sharp shadowy hands.
”Your soul!”
It’s red glowing eyes stare flare brighter as it inhaled deeply sucking at Ghair’s life force.

Meanwhile, as the strange creatures mighty roar settles, it is replaced by the commotion and screaming of the average patrons.
A young man teeters precariously on the railings atop the stairs as he tries to backaway from a lodge shadowy wraith.

A young woman scrambles frantically amongst chairs and tables as a wraith rots them to dust with a touch, steadily following her.

Dorian has vanished.

The young server boy is kneeling, eyes closed and chanting. To what effect, it is unclear.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Dark Light
Raw
GM
Avatar of Dark Light

Dark Light

Member Seen 7 hrs ago

@aia2022

More than one wraith turned its attention to the blade, but before any could claim it, Clay snatched it way from beneath the outstretched ghostly hands.
He gives Lavender a mischievous grin as he recklessly makes his way across the room towards the bar, barely dodging multiple angry wraith or frightened fleeing customer here and there.

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Marmalised Junk
Raw
Avatar of Marmalised Junk

Marmalised Junk I'm not a clown, I'm the entire circus

Member Seen 24 days ago

Anya darted around, deciding the wraiths were bad news.

She noticed a young server, and from what she could see, he was just kneeling there. The amount of commotion in the tavern had made it difficult to hear quieter sounds, so she couldn't hear his chanting.
The girl rolled her eyes, and send a blast of wind from below him, lifting him up into the air.

"Can you at least try to escape?"

She grabbed his arms and held him in the air for a moment, blasting at a wraith, who was attempting to suck the soul from another patron.

"What exactly were you doing?"
@Dark Light
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Song Book
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Song Book

Song Book First book off the shelf.

Member Seen 3 mos ago

Ethodi


Ethodi, having ignored for the most parts the strange creatures that entered the tavern was disturbed by the Griffen's sudden taste for violence, picking up and moving her whole table with her as she decided to slither away from the action. @Griffintaur

She looked around, watching the commotion for a bit. The man on the railing above seemed precarious, @Dark Light and so she moved the table to her final resting place and returned, laying out an intricate coil below him. She watched as he stumbled just too far back over the side. He got caught just before he would hit her, by the end of her tail. His screaming however didn't stop too much, as of course, she was in parts no better to be caught by. She wondered if he would make a good meal, and absentmindedly began restricting her hold, though, with her hungry and satisfied for the moment, she released him onto his own feet and waved her hand off for him to go running. Neither a glace no moments attention was paid to him after such the moment.

@Zyx

With her table lifted up behind her, the naga had made her way to the section where the wraiths seemed hesitant to follow. One or two of them were swatted away with her tail and that seemed sufficient to keep them from trying anything different. Having repositioned her table near the tall figures she relaxed once again and once again began to reinscribe her circular tablets, though she couldn't help but watch the game the figure was playing against itself.


Hidden 4 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by Katakuri
Raw
Avatar of Katakuri

Katakuri I'm the kid with the cardboard face...

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago


Ghiar seemed to step back when the creature's eyes began to glow red, and he began to feel a tingling sensation around his body. Noticing the darker hues, aggressively waved around as they began to separate from himself. Pausing for a second, he took off his gloves before turning into his second form, which seemed to be harder to take his soul from, "I feel like you came to the wrong place to gather souls," multiple voices could be heard from Ghiar when he talked in his form, he looked like a stary-night sky.

Grabbing onto the wraith, Ghiar was seeing if he was able to put the entity to sleep. Most of the time, his powers were able to put anything that was technically living or animated to sleep; he ran into a few creatures that it did not work on - usually other celestial beings. If his powers did work on the wraith, it would be feeling tired way faster than it can consume his soul.

Deciding to give it a chance, he called out to anyone that might have not been busy with a wraith themself, "Does anyone carry silver? Wraiths are weak to silver, and it can kill them! I am pretty sure it can, at least where I have come from!" Ghiar was thinking about what could be in the kitchen. Was this place old enough where they might have silverware? Actual silverware. He could grab a silver butter knife to kill the wraiths, but he had no clue if these were the type of wraiths that could die from silver.
@Dark Light[@everyone]
↑ Top
1 Guest viewing this page
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet