Hidden 16 days ago Post by rivaan
Raw
Avatar of rivaan

rivaan

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



Lisa Mason

Location:Camp Mexico Beach: L7(street)->J11(beach)
Skills: N/A




Apparently the universe was having a joke on her plans today. She was planning to chill around in case they didn't need her helping and hopefully getting so see some fuck ups. That would have been a grand time, but just as she was walking down the street, turned out that the preparations were actually ready to go! Lisa rose an eyebrow as she heard the announcement. Well that was putting hold on that plan. On the plus side of things, it meant she wasn't going to have to wait to access the beach however! All for the better as far as she was concerned.

Walking down the road, she looked around a few times, spotting others heading for the beach as well. Some of the new people since she hadn't met them all yet probably too. In any case, they'd have all the time in the world to meet and get introduced from now on. Not like they had a choice, with this being a closed community. Well... unless they decide to leave in the near future, but she really hoped they wouldn't! For their own good and the good of the Camp. They needed more people at this place.

Nearing the beach, she could hear the sound of the moving water from distance already and with the setting of the sun soon, the area had a rather pleasant feel to it. The weather was somewhat warm right now, it wasn't cold nor too hot, it was quite perfect honestly, but at night temperatures tended to drop down especially around beach areas. She had her leather jacket with her for when that happened, so she was good. Stopping to walk at the edge of the sand, she looked around, saw all the preparations, and pondered if she should take off her shoes in the end decided not to for the moment. It would be a pain to lug about the boots.

In the end she figured it would be best to first go grab something to drink while everybody gathers here. She didn't spot Nikki around, so either she was hidden about somewhere or had yet to arrive. Which was actually curious since she was told she was needed here just earlier. Lisa smiled, pondering where the Little devil could have went.



Amelia Payne

Location:Camp Mexico Beach: K5(street)-> I7(street)
Skills: N/A




Amelia looked at Riley as she pondered aloud the possibilities of games on the beach? Making a thinking expression for a moment, Amelia tilted her head then shook it lightly.” I'm not sure... more likely not, I suspect?” She supposed. A party at the beach was all fine and dandy but given the situation they were in, she wasn't sure what manners of games they would be able to set up if any. Besides it it wasn't the middle of the day or anything as to play games.” Though who knows... things seem to go by their own pace at this place.” Amelia added. She had never attended a beach party in the past prior the apocalypse. That's why she was honestly unsure what actually constituted a beach party game.

“In any case...” She turned quiet as she spotted that Riley appeared to be actually in thought and quiet. Seeing her like this... made Amelia sad. Amelia simply kept quiet for a moment as well as she squeezed gently Riley's hand with a reassuring loving smile. It wasn't much later that the very important public service announcement was made. Apparently the area for the beach was prepared and ready for the beach party. Amelia blinked in surprise. Well this was slightly faster than she anticipated, but it worked.” Come on, let's go to the beach. It's been ages, since we've been ages since I've even seen the beach!” She smiled, trying to lift Riley's mood with thoughts of the beach. Thus she made a turn and started heading down a street, heading for the beach area.
1x Like Like
Hidden 16 days ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Online




Riley Ridgeway


Location: Camp Mexico Beach, Florida, K5 (street) -> K7 (Street)
Skills:





Riley continued to think for awhile about all of her friends, and the some of the family that she actually did get along well with she wasn't sure if they were alive or among the walkers or dead right now. She pretty much knew that her sister was among the dead at this point now as well. When she felt Amelia's hand turning to look at her girlfriend and gave her a soft loving smile and leaned forward and gave her a quick kiss. "Sorry I was just thinking." Riley said to Amelia and smiled towards her she was the only person that she kept going day in and day out for now. When she heard the speakers around the area going off finally, it was the beach party now and smiled even more now at this point.

"Lead the way." Riley said to Amelia as she started to follow shortly behind her and made their way towards the beach, she was curious about who all was there. Riley wondered what everyone else who was in Quarantine were doing right now or where they all were right now as well. Ashton seemed to be settling in already, and Tati and Jack she wasn't sure where they were right now either probably settling down right now in their place.




Erica Monroe


Location: Camp Mexico Beach, Florida, M6 (Outside Education Center) -> (M8 Street)
Skills:





Erica looked towards Nigel and laughed slightly and nodded towards him, those two were pretty annoying the first few days that she had met them, Nigel was the only really sane one out of the group. "I do remember." Erica said softly their long travel through the swamp together was both annoying and a bit entertaining as well. "I thought you'd be more of an elementary school teacher." Erica said teasingly towards Nigel.

"You should also just stick with the roman history, American history doesn't suit you to well. I probably would fall asleep in your class to." She said jokingly as she heard the announcement going off, looking over at Nigel and nodded towards him. Erica started to turn around and make their way slowly towards the beach as she started to think a little bit about her favorite subject and shrugged slightly. "I guess, Gym Class, English, and reading." Erica said with a slight shrug history wasn't really her thing and math was her weakest subject to learn back then as well.
Hidden 15 days ago Post by Lady Absinthia
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Absinthia

Lady Absinthia ۵ Find Comfort ۵

Member Seen 23 hrs ago



Year 5: Part 3

Date: July 22nd, 2012
Map in Original OOC post - NPC's In CS Tab

Location: Camp Mexico Beach

Temperature: 83F
Humidity: High (Around 83%) - No Rain
Wind Speed: 12 MPH
Cloud Coverage: Overcast

Note: Party has officially begun now with the announcement. Those that were not already headed that way or on duty for the evening are making their way down there. All "official" NPC's will be down at the beach by end of this round.

Mizrahi helped Gunny set pots up with water over the fires on racks and spits, it would be where they did the actual boil. Cook was on her way down from the Mess Hall with others with carts full of shell fish and some vegetables, among other things. They did not do this often but three of four times a summer they would. It was a burn of resources but it helped morale so much, it was worth the trade. People needed to be reminded to live and not just survive. It was also a reminder of why they did things the way they did.

Gunny dusted his hands off before turning his attention to Thalia as she came over and addressed him. He nodded at her words and chuckled a bit. "More like her mother actually," he said in passing before looking back at the fire. "Yes she is," he added. He knew his daughter was a hell of a woman but he wasn't a big factor in that, being deployed much of the time when she was growing up. Her grandfather actually played a larger part, event the Navy had a heavier hand but he didn't say anything on it. "She has good friends. Speaks highly of you especially," he finally did add after a few minutes. Mizrahi wasn't saying anything but he nodded in agreement.

The General kept walking, heading down from the beach from the Administration Building. Leaning on his cane as he walked he said nothing but picked up on bits and pieces of conversation around him and by those passing by. He always found new comers the funniest. He could always divide people up into two groups - Learners and Refusers.

Learners did just that, they learned before making assumptions or ideas or input. They learned about their new surroundings, understanding somewhere along the way things that they had done perhaps not the best. That before they should give opinion on a matter they need to learn everything about a situation first. They were the ones that lasted and became valuable members of the community. They made informed opinions which lead to educated assessments and valuable suggestions.

The others were Refusers - Those who refused to think that just maybe this was just how it was and it was that way for a reason. That this town had survived and thrived for a reason for the last five years when so many failed or struggled. They were the ones that came in shouting or even whispering ideas for change, ridiculing practices, stating things could be different without a full picture. They were the ones that thought they might already know better without knowing everything. They were short sided and underestimated things greatly, thinking their personal survival to this point was because they were good instead of perhaps just being pure dumb luck. Not always but it was a heavy case much of the time. They wasted time trying to get change for things that had already been tried, caused problems with other new comers that were easily manipulated and lead astray. They could last in the community but they were never fully accepted and ended up being limited far more than the Learners did.

As the General walked, he was beginning to more easily divide the newest batch of arrivals into Learners and Refusers. He was sure as time rolled by more and more would reveal their true colors. When not having to fight for every last bite of food and struggle for every last minute of sleep - people got greedy quickly and people were never more greedy for anything that self importance.



Thana Martin


Location: Camp Mexico Beach: M10 (Beach) -> L11
Skills: N/A


Thana smiled over towards Ash and nodded. "Good to know, will probably need a lift home tonight and I don't think this place has taxi's," she said in a teasing voice as she rested her head on his shoulder as he caught up with her. All joking aside, she probably would need a hand back to their quarters this evening. She had found each night out while she was looking for them was hard enough. Now that the pins were removed she had actually taken a few steps back in the healing process. Nothing traumatic but enough to make things a tad more difficult than they had been a few days before. Outside of healing, the thought of being carried back to what was to be their home this evening by him was a nice thought. Thana found she couldn't get enough of Ash right now but that was to be expected. So long apart, they were making up for lost time.

As they reached the beach, Thana nodded in agreement. She had spent plenty an evening worse off than this one. Then again, a smile came to her face. "True but I remember one that was particularly nice. Especially after I counted down from sixty," she said in a teasing voice. That was day that had been filled with trials but by the time she fell asleep that evening it had turned into one of the most memorable of her life. One that cemented what would become an over year long quest to get back to the man now standing at her side.

Pointing over towards the bar and stools when asked where to start. "A drink and a seat," she said, figuring it would be a good idea for her to be off her feet as much as possible. Not to mention a drink would be great in both settling the nerves and helping with the pain she still felt. Walking over with Ash she slipped up onto a seat and smiled over at Adelaide.

"Evenin' Ada, how are ya?" Thana asked. The girl nodded and shrugged a bit before looking over towards Ash. "Oh yeah, this is Ash Holloway. The one I mentioned." Ada perked a brow and looked the man over before ducking down behind the bar top. Thana quirked a brow as she heard the sound of bottles being moved left and right. Eventually Ada popped her head back up and heavily put a medium sized mason jar on the table before sliding it over to Ash and two shot glasses towards Thana.

"Here, enjoy," she said sharply before walking down the bar, grabbing a box and starting to unpack it as if nothing had just happened. Thana tilted her head looking at the bottle, it was clear and nondescript. She wondered what was going on.

"Yer the booze man, you go first," Thana said as she turned the glasses over and set them up from where she sat.

Ada, down at the other end of the bar smiled a little towards Lisa as she started to unpack the bottles. "So, what ya want tonight? Beer or stronger?" she asked as she blew her hair out of her face.

Sheers broke off from those he had been walking with as he spotted Riley and her girlfriend. "Well hey hey hey, Rock star has arrived. Glad to see ya out and about. Think you'll like the band, they're pretty good. If you know some older songs that they know could probably get ya up there to sing with them if you would like or maybe take ya to their practice tomorrow and see about getting ya an instrument on loan for a bit?"



Nikola Warren


Location: Camp Mexico Beach: O10 (Outside Vet -> Inside Vet)
Skills: N/A


Nikki looked over towards Hunter and huffed in an overly dramatic fashion, giving him a big double thumbs down while giving a raspberry with her lips. "Boooooorrrriiinnngggg...." she mumbled as she shook her head emphatically. "I already spend three to four hours a day with Maddog training in that crap. That ain't a date, that's a Security Training 101," she said before she went back to chewing her gum and blowing a big bubble. "Don't get me wrong. It's fun. especially with Maddog. He don't hold back. He was on Seal Team 6. But yeah, don't want to feel like I am on a date with Maddog if ya catch my drift," she teased a bit with a wink. Sure, fighting and guns were fun. And people needed to know how to use them this day and age. That didn't mean she wanted to spend a date learning shit she had to learn in school. She wanted something new and fun. Something that made her forget this was the end of the world as she knew it and she sure as hell didn't feel fine.

Laughing a bit Nikki shook her head again. "Oh she didn't like that orange cat we had in here when you came in. She hated that damn cat. Hasn't like one of the guys that took care of the pound either. Had to transfer him out because she wouldn't stop barking. No idea why she hated him but damn did she ever fucking hate Felix," she said with a shrug as she opened the door to the vet office. It was mostly empty minus the sound of someone walking around. "Sheryl you in here?" Nikki called out.

"Yeah, restocking," a voice called back from down the hall.

"Brought Izi's owner. Can we take her?"

"Yeah, sign her out, give him the paper work, and have him sign. You know where the keys are. I gotta get this finished," Sheryl said without coming out of her office and not showing her face. That was good enough for Nikki. Grabbing the paper work Nikki went over with it Hunter. Giving him the paper work on times the dog could be out, where she could be taken, how many other dogs there were in camp that would be out in these places at these times, who their owners were, what breeds or mixes they were. Notes that Izi had been vaccinated while she was in here, was cleared of heart worms, good health, ect. Once Hunter signed off, Nikki grabbed a leash off the hook and took Hunter to the back. Izi was the only pet in there, save for a hamster running in a wheel in a rather large cage.

"There's yer girl, why don't you let her out and leash her then we can take her for a quick walk," Nikki suggested.
1x Like Like
Hidden 14 days ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Ash Holloway

Location: M10 (Beach) -> L11 (Also Beach, Bar)
Skills: N/A




"Counting down from... ?" wondered Ash aloud. He was sure that he knew what Thana was talking about, but it just didn't click with him immediately. A second later it hit him like someone offered a ballbat to the back of his head. His eyes got wide as clarity was knocked into him, indicated by a slightly elongated, "Oh..." A blush flashed across his cheeks. Yeah, he knew what she was talking about. With so much else happening that evening and then the following day, the return of that detail was a blessing. He slipped an arm around Thana's waist out of a sudden urge to be closer to her. Ash's smile, a rare thing in recent times, seemed infectious.

The idea of a drink and a place to sit worked well for Ash. Not so much the sitting part as he wanted to get about and familiarize himself with his new surroundings, though his want to stick close to Thana was greater. He had spent quite enough time away from her as it was, and besides, enough to drink and he wouldn't have a choice in the question of sitting, anyway. Not that he expected to be allowed enough flammable libation as to snuff out his sense of balance, of course. And if offered, acting in that manner wasn't who he was generally. This might be especially true on the first day of freedom from Quarantine, out into the greater areas of Camp Mexico Beach. It might be an apocalypse and he might have no actual rank nor authority anymore, but in his heart Ash was still an officer and a man of principle. One or two wouldn't hurt, though. Raised on the stuff and being in good health, celebrating a little wouldn't kill him. It might even do him some good.

Introductions with the other alcohol aficionado in town seemed a little chilly. It could be said that Adelaide was busy at the time, though Ash suspected there might be another factor involved. In any case, as the unlabeled mason jar of clear liquid found itself in front of Ash he voiced a simple, "Thank you." Courtesy was still an important thing, situation permitting. He did as Thana suggested and cracked open the jar, inhaling the escaping vapors of its contents. He knew what this was. He was raised around it from the day he was born. This was uncasked, barely aged whiskey, young enough that a discerning individual versed in boozecraft could still pick out the ingredients that comprised its initial mash. This was 'shine. Ash poured some of the contents into each of the shot glasses and, with a sideways nod, tipped the contents back in a relaxed manner.

It was decent stuff. Not produced in the manner of the Holloway Distillery, but very good quality. Ash motioned to the other glass and then to Thana, remarking, "This is not bad. At all." It was an excellent continuation to their evening. "You're next, Thana." He raised his empty glass in the direction of Adelaide, helping Lisa at the other end of the bar. It was a sign of respect from one distiller to another. His attention otherwise was only for Thana.



Thalia Carmichael

Location: L11 (Beach, Fire Pits)
Skills: N/A



There was something about a fire that Thalia had come to appreciate since the world decided to eat itself. She couldn't quite appreciate it Before, being as she was a city girl primarily and the only open fires she saw with any regularity were around Christmastime. Even then, it was the broadcast dubbed the "Fireplace Channel" by her and her friends. Real, natural fire was awesome. There were many nights that Thalia would set up on rooftops and build fires in bowl shaped objects and barrels, having secured her surroundings from Zed incursion and just stare into the warm, dancing light. She had become more comfortable in time being alone in the woods or in the hills, having dug out a dakota style fire pit and surrounding her position with crude spears or other bits of bushcraft. She would sit and allow the quiet fire to bring her to a meditative state, ears open to the sounds in the darkness around her. Thalia hadn't done that but sparingly as of the last year. Being with a group meant that her tactics had to change for the betterment of all people involved. This meant taking different shelter. Less fire. Changing survival strategies. Re-entering social dynamics.

It was funny how staring into a fire could center Thalia. Even in the company of others with whom she was not personally familiar, in this instance. Those two most immediate to her location were Thana's father and the guy who had her back when she went back out into the world. Navy trusted these men, and so Thalia did, enough not to raise the more guarded of her behavior around them for the time being. She remained as polite as she could muster, giving Gunny passing eye contact as he spoke before turning his attention back to the fire. She was surprised when the older man spoke again, paying her a compliment unless she was mistaken. Or at least relaying one. So Navy spoke highly of her? Curious. Did Thana start the story when they all met? Perhaps when Thalia painted her face as a skull in preparation of multiple murders. Or dispassionately blew that cult leader asshole's brains out of the back of his head. Or any of the number of times she'd seen Thalia revert to her more primitive survival instincts, like a feral dog. Well she wasn't going to call the man a liar - Thalia had good things to say about Thana as well, if she ever felt like sharing. And they did keep each other alive. Mugsy, too. And Manny. And Beatrice.

To the complimentary relay, Thalia gave Gunny a monosyllabic, "Nnn," followed by a quiet and flat, "Thanks." After a contemplative moment, she looked to the man with a serious expression. Thalia weighed her words carefully before inquiring, "Marine, yah?" her mouth parted slightly and she nodded her head, "Can you teach me?" He wasn't sure what that might or might not entail, but it would be a hell of a thing for her to be the first post-apocalyptic Mestiza Assassin Shieldmaiden Survivalist training as a ballet dancing Marine. Hell, she couldn't make this up if she was writing a comic book.

2x Like Like
Hidden 12 days ago Post by ONL
Raw
Avatar of ONL

ONL The Guild's friendly neighbourhood Norwegian

Member Seen 15 hrs ago



Alexander Polawski



Location: Camp Mexico Beach: L7 (Street) -> L11 (Beach)
Skills: N/A




Alexander turned to thoughtful silence as he limped down the street towards the beach, quietly thinking about what Manny was saying. Indeed, what if they could expand the sphere of influence which Camp Mexico Beach effectively could utilize. Expand their borders. It would have been one hell of a sight to behold, or better yet something not seen; the Walkers. Alexander only nodded and gave the occational "Mhm…" to Manny's suggestion, his practical brain from back in the Army days thinking what his superiors would have said. Eventually the old veteran looked up at Manny to give him his piece of mind, though with a thoughtful smile. "I would have done a whole lot to see the whole state be secure like that, though that's probably not a viable short-term strategy. They've got a lot of supplies and hardware down here, enough to protect the camp, but if they expanded? Perhaps they'd run thin. Besides, they probably don't need more space right now. If they suddenly have fifty or more people show up, sure, but now?" Alexander explained to Manny, his eyes wandering to the sight before him as he finished his train of thought. "They're doing fine. The military doesn't fix itself until it needs fixing. Right now, I think they're doing fine."

The beach itself was a sight to behold with all the people already gathered, but it was that big dark blue behind the festivities that caught Alexander's attention. The ocean. A smile formed on Alexander's lips, though a heavied one full of thought. He hadn't seen the ocean like this for a long, long time. He couldn't explain it, but something about the lack of danger…No, Alexander didn't know how to explain it, only feel it. Good times, but bad times. Judith, yes, it reminded him of her.

The old veteran took a good, long breath of the salty air of the Atlantic Ocean, intermixed with the smell of smoke and sound of people partying. He would push through for now. Of all the people he noticed down at the beach, he recongized Thana first of all sitting at the what he presumed was the bar with Ash. While Alexander had no intention of ever drinking alcohol again, he still wanted to head over and say hello to Thana. "Want to interupt the turtle doves for a moment, fellow ol' man?" Alexander forced himself to jokingly ask Manny, before heading over to Thana and Ash at the bar himself. Manny could follow him, he was the faster one after all.

Alexander limped his way down towards the bar, leaning up against the counter besides where Thana and Ash were sitting as he waited for an opportunity to talk. "Sorry if I'm interrupting something, just thought I'd drop by and say hi while I could." Alexander excused himself, sheepisly smiling at Thana while to Ash he gave modest smile and a nod. "Just wanted to say…thanks Thana, I guess. For everything, from Eden to here, again." Alexander wasn't a man of many words, but those he wanted to say. Had it not been for her and her sacrifice, he'd been dead. For better or worse.

Ol' Mugsy cleared his throat - partly from the smell of booze stronger than a mortar shell - and straightened himself, once again putting on a smile as he tried to make the conversation he'd interrupted casual. "Anyway, how are you holding up? You Navy folk were always a tough nut to crack." Alexander asked Thana before looking over at Ash. Not the most social person, he sure as hell would try. "Sorry, won't keep you two held up for much longer. But if you want to listen to an old man ramble on more about the Rolling Stones, do ask." He said half-jokingly to Ash, though sincere in his wish to talk about something normal again. "Anyhow, have any of you seen…what's their names, Moralez and Shears? Manny and I thought it best to get to know them before we move in."



Nigel "Hadrian" Cooper



Location: Camp Mexico Beach: M6 (Outside Education Center) -> M10
Skills: N/A




"What made you think I'd be in Elementary? That I'm acting like a little kid with my sword and shield, or that I have had two little grumpy children to deal with on a way too long field-trip?" Nigel asked Erica right back in the same jokingly tone she had started. Perhaps he could have been a decent elementary teacher? If they wanted him teaching at all levels at the Camp, he guessed there was only one way to find out. Following Erica down the street towards the beach and the Gulf of Mexico, he started to think of something. Something he probably should have asked before or would eventually learn.

Would he teach kids to kill he Undead? And if so, how?

Nigel didn't get to ask said his cop-friend that question though as the roasting of the neo-Roman continued. He jokingly schoffed at her, shaking his head as he picked up the pace and growing the distance between them. "And you call ME boring? Come on, now you're just trying to get under my skin, you heathen." He joked back at her, turning around as he backed away from her and beginning a slow jog towards the beach. "If you're good at Gym like you say, let's see how good you really are." Nigel laughed, jogging off before her. It wouldn't be a real race or a marathon by a long shot, though he enjoyed teasing her back like she did to him. If she wanted to play that game, so be it.

It didn't take long for Nigel to reach the beach of Camp Mexico, watching the people already gathering for the feast that was to begin tonight's festivities. It was truly a sight to see. They hadn't had anything close to this back at Nigel's previous settlement. "Colour me impressed. Looks like any good college party if I've ever seen one." Nigel commented, hoping that Erica wasn't far behind him or anything. "This will be a night to remember, so many people. Better get aquianted then, or what?"
1x Like Like
Hidden 11 days ago Post by Remipa Awesome
Raw
Avatar of Remipa Awesome

Remipa Awesome The Meme King!

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Emanuel "Manny" Newman



Location: L7 --> L11
Skills: N/A





Alexander had brought up a few good points about his idea. "Yeah, not really the logistical type. That fell to others for me as I went through life." Sure the supplies were here now, but for now there was no need to expand outwards, create a world where walls weren't needed to survive. And maybe they weren't now, but there wasn't a need to go through the effort and the risk. Sure, Manny thought it was a cool idea, and maybe it was apart of him that wanted the ability to walk and see the world without feeling restricted to these few streets. Maybe it was apart of him fearing his old age catching up to him and wanting to do something great with his life. He wasn't sure, but the idea was cool in his head none the less, even if not likely.

Walking to the beach was a nice sight. Manny had seen the beach through most of his life, even his later years were packed with it. But seeing it now, as if things were more or less back to normal. It was... An amazing sight. Before he really got the chance to take in the sights, he noticed Alexander making his way over to the bar. Manny followed and quickly noticed Thana as well as the Captain who seemed to be in a relationship with her. Everything felt so... peaceful. Alexander gave thanks for everything that Thana has done for them. Manny for a moment felt bad about how he felt when she went missing. "Thank you as well. Things could have been a lot worse otherwise." For the moment, Manny let Alexander do the talking. Which he found a funny reversal of roles as Manny tended to be the talker in most situations. while Alexander observed and learned. "DO you know anything that we should know about them?" He said with a small grin on his face. He was interested to know more about people, but he found some heads up always helped a little.



Private Hunter James Monroe



Location: O10 -- O10 (Inside Vet)
Skills: N/A





Hunter was a bit surprised to see she wasn't interested in what he offered. But he didn't blame her, if she was training like this regularly then it made sense. Hunter probably enjoyed fighting more then most people should. "Not sure what to tell you about a date then. I still have no idea what is and isn't allowed in here. Or what is available." Hunter would hold off on repeating his feelings about the restrictions of the place. Again. He was very surprised to hear about Izibel. The cat made sense, Cat's were evil yet very cute creatures. But the person? That seemed weird to Hunter. Felix was his name. "She really acted like that? The only time I have heard her bark was when a group of Roamers got a bit close to us. And even then, most the time she just growls. Damn. Unless he walks with the dead a lot by wearing their goop then I can't think of why she would act like that... That is... really weird." He was genuinely puzzled by this. But with that in mind, he didn't really see a lot of people after he found Izibel.

Walking into the Vet he heard the voice of Sheryl calling out from another room. He didn't take too much note until Nikki gave him papers to fill out. "So much paper here..." He signed away though filling out all the information as he went. When he was given the leash he smiled like a little boy on Christmas. Walking to Izibel he gave the biggest smile he had shown since he arrived at this new place. "IZIBEL!!!" He shouted with the glee of a little kid. Once leashed he hugged her for a brief moment before the heavier dog knocked him over and started licking his face as if recapping the events of the last week in the form of licks. "Back off you crazy girl I can't breath!" He said joyfullly as his big ball of muscle and fur was showing her affection to her human.

When the pully kisses were done he stood up and held the leash. "Yeah! Lets go on a walk! Because someone has been a good girl and should go have fun!" He would follow Nikki as she probably knew the places she could go off the top of her head where he didn't really.

2x Like Like
Hidden 10 days ago Post by rivaan
Raw
Avatar of rivaan

rivaan

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



Lisa Mason

Location:Camp Mexico Beach: J11(Beach)->L11 (Beach, Bar)
Skills: N/A




Things at the beach were quite nice. Lisa found herself reminiscent about the past. Was it a better past? Maybe, there was a certain degree of niceness in the current world. So much slower and calmer whenever it wasn't zombie outbreak that you had to survive 24/7. This was the joy of slow life she supposed. In any case, as she was walking up to the bar, more and more people were arriving at the beach, pretty sure, she suspected most of the camp would have arrived or at least most of those who would be attending the party anyways. She spotted Thana and her boyfriend at the bar already.

Lisa had heard the guy showed up at their doorstep instead. Well it was nice to see them together. Maybe now she and Thana could get the chance to talk more. She really hoped they become friends one day. In any case she walked up to the bar with a smile and nodded at Ada.” Let's go with beer. A beach party needs to have beer.” She said with absolute conviction, she spotted Ash and Thana doing the shots now and grinned.” Seems someone's not planning to move tomorrow. What did ya give them anyways? They do have a celebration do after all.“ She grinned looking at them.

Sure enough the bar area was the place to be as always as more people gathered. To her surprise some headed to talk with Thana though. Probably people that knew her, she didn't recognize them so chances were they were from the new arrivals. Well sadly it stopped her amusement at watching the love birds drinking it out, maybe until one of them passes out. Though thinking about it, they probably wouldn't have had. Night was still young.



Amelia Payne

Location:Camp Mexico Beach: I7(Street)->I11(Beach)
Skills: N/A




The trek to the beach was going to take a little bit more than she expected. Leading Riley forwards, she found that this new unfamiliar place was stressing her out a little. Mostly because she didn't know the ins and outs of it. Usually whenever they'd stay somewhere, she'd be on full alert and she was this time too, but well, she was unarmed. Her hope was that this place was fortified enough that walkers wouldn't be able to show up. A small hope honestly, but it was all they got. There were guards and all that, but she had seen how fast a situation could escalate. Turning to look at Riley, she calmed down a little. It was going to be fine! Yes! It had to be!

Arriving at the beach, she froze in place for a moment, unable to believe what she was seeing. It was the beach, people were milling about casually and there were firepits. This was completely unacceptable in the outside world beyond the walls, fire and gatherings like this attracted all the dangers. It was like she had stepped back into the civilized world. There was food, there were drinks and people. Music would be had later, though she was wondering if the noise from the music won't attract walkers? If they were willing to do this, then it should be fine, but certainly was a very curious question.

Her smile kinda froze when she spotted Sheers coming to chat up Riley. 'Calm down, Amelia. Calm down.' She thought to herself, trying to keep her calm expression and happy thoughts. Her dislike for the man was completely unfounded... mostly and prejudiced... Things got on bad term from the get go with their first meeting. Still it very much irked her he didn't even greet her.' Again, calm down, he probably meant nothing by it. Nothing.' She thought again, taking a deep breath.” Hello, Sheers.” She managed to greet him up instead. Yeah she was going to be the better person and try to get over her emotions. Besides he was having a point, Riley with the band would be good for her!
Hidden 9 days ago Post by Lady Absinthia
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Absinthia

Lady Absinthia ۵ Find Comfort ۵

Member Seen 23 hrs ago



Year 5: Part 3

Date: July 22nd, 2012
Map in Original OOC post - NPC's In CS Tab

Location: Camp Mexico Beach

Temperature: 83F
Humidity: High (Around 83%) - No Rain
Wind Speed: 12 MPH
Cloud Coverage: Overcast

Note: Have fun with the party - get to know folks - gonna let this run as long as people are having fun, so let me know when you are good to move on or if there is more you wanted your character to do tonight like back at their place or something.

Gunny gave a little nod, much like his daughter did when she was acknowledging but not really adding more to what needed to be said. It was to her thanks, there really wasn't anything more to add to that. As she asked if he was a Marine he smirked a bit. "Obvious?" he asked. There was a hint of dry sarcasm from the man. He might have said that Thana looked more like her mother but she sure as hell acted like her father. Then came the real question. Teaching. Crossing his arms over his chest he shook his head now. "Not me." There was a short pause as he motioned towards his older brother at the stage. "He will."

"Gunny, a hand!" Morales yelled from the edge of the beach up by the road. It was him and Cook and a couple of others from the Mess Hall with karts of raw seafood to be boiled.

"Watch the kettles," Gunny said to Mizrahi before nodding towards Thalia and heading off to give a hand. Standing up and dusting off his rear, Mizrahi stepped over closer to Thalia.

"Maddoc, Seal Team. He good, taught Thana. His class, has others with certain differences," Mizrahi said quietly while he looked at the fire, giving a small glance towards Thalia's false hand.

Adelaide chuckled and nodded. Reaching under the bar she pulled out a beer. It was obvious a home brew, reusable bottle with cap attached. Opening it, she slid it over to Lisa. "Some moonshine. Sparrow mentioned he was some distiller or something, so gave them something harder. If they got any celebrating to do tonight they might not want to drink that or he ain't gonna be able to salute her," Adelaide snickered before opening another beer and taking a sip for herself. "If you get my drift."

Sheers looked over towards Amelia and his smile faded for a minute. Taking a breath he figured she was trying, and nodded. "Evenin'g girl, settlin' in alright?" he asked. He was trying. The girl had been through a shocker. Maybe the more her hair grew back the better things would be.

There was a bit of feed back from one of the mics on stage before it faded out. Atticus grinned and nodded to the guys on the small stage. He started, holding a fiddle in one hand and a bow in the other, out sounding like he was giving a damn sermon. "Brother and sisters we are here for one reason and one reason alone: To share our love of music. I present to you country music without prejudice, hey!" Then the band kicked in, they were covering a not to known country song from before the outbreak called Rollin'. It was a little country, a little rap, and a lot of what the fuck did they just says. Atticus was on fiddle and backup vocals, Panama on acoustic guitar and main vocals, Bass was bass and bass/rap vocals, Volts was on drums, Maddog was on lead guitar. Even Auntie was there on the Banjo and Spots was at a Casio keyboard. Thing was, those from Newnan might not have known the song but they knew the rapping black man known as Cowboy Troy. James had loved him playing Chicken with a Train.

The song wasn't bad, people from the camp were swaying along, raising a glass or beer, some were moving out onto the dance floor to dance. Bass turned his hat around and took a breath. "Dum-diggity-dum, diggity-diggity-dum dig this. Slicker than the grease from a BBQ Briskit. Got more chunk than a fresh potato salad. You thought you had your answer but your answer was invalid. You're looking at me crazy cause you think I'm loco. The big black cowboy, with the crazy vocal. Todas las personas gritando arriva. Now you heard it, now I know you a believer. Esta cancion es para toda la gente. Es muy importante a usar su mente. So let go of all your preconceived notions. Get up on your feet and put your body in motion. Cause back home we love to dance. We could be two-stepin, or ravin' to trance and when the party is crunk, the girls back it up. We got the systems in the cars and the 20's on the trucks. 6 foot four with a cowboy hat. I dont mess around, yo what's up with that. I'm cowboy troy, a Texas hick and I'm rollin with the brothers
Panama and Padre."

The song continued, the band singing out "Go cowboy go cowboy go." People in the crowd yelling back. "Go cowboy go cowboy go!"
Even ones like Adelaide and Mizrahi were yelling back. Seemed the place worked hard and partied harder. It was only the first song of the night and the place was already jumping. Things people wouldn't dare to do without a wall to keep them safe. It attracted too much attention but the folks seemed relaxed. They had reason to be. Their walls were tall and thick, they had plans in place, and even now there were people patrolling the walls, the waters, and the beach.

The General finally made it down to the beach and had a seat on a bench that was set out near the stage but off to the side. Resting his cane down and smiling to see people enjoying themselves. It had been a long months, so everyone. Inside and outside the walls. New comers and old. They all needed this break. Tomorrow it would be back to the grind stone of survival.



Thana Martin


Location: Camp Mexico Beach: L11 (Bar)
Skills: N/A


Thana was glad that Ash picked up on what she had been talking about when she mentioned counting down from sixty. It would have been rather awkward trying to slowly clue him into the the fact she had been counting down to him getting laid or not that one night back in Newnan, without other people hearing her that was. Not to mention the fact she, still to this day, swore to god she had heard something run full speed right into the bedroom door that night. Something orange and furry. If cats could she speak she would also swear she heard the cat say 'To Hell With This!' Not that cats could talk right? Granted, ten years ago if you said the dead would rise form the graves and try to eat people like happy meals you would have been locked up faster than a middle aged man who spoke to blue-bucktoothed-flying-unicorns. (And Wayne was walking around swatting at said unicorn right now down the beach some. So maybe it wasn't that much of a stretch.

However, Thana wanted to get back to the hear and now. Nodding slightly towards Adelaide before turning her attention back to Ash. Looking down at the glass she nodded and picked it up. Had it been anyone else that just down the high proof spirits the way Ash just had she would have been worried. Thing was she had drank with this man before, she knew how well he could take his booze. His family were moonshiners after all from what she knew. Holloway and Sons distillery out of Virginia. So the fact the man downed White Lightening like it was water didn't concern her. As long as he didn't end up drinking too much. Lifting her glass she downed the shot. It burned a hair but wasn't bad. Adelaide was also from a family of distillers, so she knew what she was doing. She just did better with browns than whites.

"Nope, not bad at all," she said before leaning in a bit. "I miss the peach stuff," she said under her breath and against his ear. There was a small smile on her lips as she kissed his cheek. Slipping her arm around his waist from where she sat she leaned into him some. This was going better than the last 'outing' they had had together. Wedding Reception/Theft/Night Before The Lights Went Out In Georgia. Yeah... That was a 24 hours of ups and downs. It was literally the Best of Times and the Worst of Times.

Turning her head, Thana looked over to Alexander as he came over and smiled slightly. "Hey Mugsy," she said in a kind voice as she reached over and took the bottle, pouring another round. She nodded slightly. "It's good and I'm actually doin' a'right. Looks like you ain't doing half bad either," she said as she motioned towards his leg. Seemed he was able to get around a lot better on it than what he had been forced to deal with over the winter.

Quirking a brow she looked around. "Shears is over there," she said motioning towards where Amelia and Riley were. Then her head started to turn, looking around more. Motioning with her glass back towards the road and main part of the camp. "There's Goatman, helping Cook with the carts of food," she added before downing the contents of her glass and setting it back down on the bartop.

Thana shook her head a bit. "Not much really. Think Sheers is from New York. Goat, think he had a food truck. Hadn't talked to either of them a lot but they seem okay," she admitted as she sat there on her stool. Turning her head when the music started up, Thana quirked a brow. Had she been drinking something right about half way through the song she would have spit it out. Thankfully she wasn't and just busted out laughing, leaning against the bar at the rap portion of the song. This was not what she was expecting but she couldn't fault them. It was funny and fun, something people needed right then.



Nikola Warren


Location: Camp Mexico Beach: O10 (Inside Vet -> Outside Vet) -> O9
Skills: N/A


Nikki chuckle a bit and looked over towards Hunter. "Tryin' to get ideas on a date to take me on?" she teased him a bit. She wasn't being serious right then, just running with the conversation. He was cute enough though she wasn't sure if he was sweet hidden under an asshole shell, or trying to be sweet and he was just an asshole center. She doubted she would figure that out for a while. She wasn't exactly a people reader when it came to things like this.

There was a nod from the girl. "Yeah but a lot of dogs act that way around Felix. We thought he might be doing something wrong but nope. He takes good care of the animals around here when he isn't out on long term runs. Dogs, well dogs just don't seem to like him. Strangest thing."

As Hunter went to let Izi out of her cage, Nikki leaned back and gave him a minute. It was the first time she had seen him like really smile since she met him. So the guy had a softer side. At least where his dog was concerned. It wasn't much but it was something. Maybe he could start relaxing some now that he had his pooch back. Once he was ready she smirked and popped a bubble. "Yeah, let's get you two out of here," she said as she started walking towards the door.

"Bye Sheryl!" she called out as they were leaving, grabbing a bag of bags and handing it over to Hunter. "Make sure to pick up as she messes up, then just drop it in any of the green cans around the camp," she said as she pointed to one attached to the vet building.

"See ya!" a yell came from the back.

Stepping outside more fully Nikki motioned back north a bit. "She can be walked in this area for a bit tonight, (O10->O8/P10->P8). Then we can get her back to your place and we can hit the party," Nikki said as she walked through the more open area that looked like it was regularly used for animals to run around and such. There were a few green bins around where people duped their doggie bags. Hearing the music start up down the beach some, Nikki grinned, she was ready to get back but she had to make sure Hunter was good to go first.
1x Like Like
Hidden 9 days ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Online




Riley Ridgeway


Location: Camp Mexico Beach, Florida, 11(Beach)
Skills:





Riley continued to follow Amelia until they were now at the beach and she started to look around the area seeing that everyone in the community had started to gather around. It was really nice to see so many people in there all at once, though she remained close to Amelia for the time being. She didn't want to leave her girlfriend to fend for herself, as she rubbed the back of her neck slightly when Amelia started to make her way over towards Shears and gave the man a friendly smile and waved towards him. "It's really good to see you again." Riley said as she extended a hand over towards him.

Then her attention turned over towards the makeshift stage that was on there, and seeing the band starting to set up had made her smile a bit, bringing back a lot of good memories of her performing again. The last time she even did perform was back at Jack and Tatiana's wedding which was the night before things completely turned back in Newnan as well. Though the song that they chose to play Riley didn't really know it, she was more of a rocker than anything and she didn't listen to much to rap or even country either which was not her real taste in music to begin with as well.




Erica Monroe


Location: Camp Mexico Beach, Florida, M10 (Beach)
Skills:





Erica smirked at Nigel as she started to run after him, she did enjoy their witty little banter she did it jokingly though Wayne and Hank always seemed to do it just to get under his skin or something. "Well you always get a good reaction from both Wayne and Hank." Erica said with a slight laugh as she ran past him until they were now both at the beach. She started to look around seeing the crowd that was there, it was probably the largest amount of people she had seen in a long time. Aside from not herds of walkers which was never really a good thing to see.

"There is a lot of people here." Erica said softly as she looked at the people, she was pretty sure that they all were good people as well, when she turned to the stage and heard some music starting to play. It was some kind of country mixed in with rap, which did sound pretty catchy as well. She looked over at Nigel and gave him a slight nudge, and then gestured towards the food that was there wondering if it was ready or not. "Want to get a bite to eat or something?" Erica asked.
Hidden 8 days ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Ash Holloway

Location: L11 (Beach, Bar)
Skills: N/A




Ash couldn't help but smile as Thana leaned in and kissed his cheek. "Yeah..." he said quietly, his tone colored by both his smile and his Virginian accent, "I miss the peach stuff, too." Spurred on by her mention of counting down from sixty, Ash recognized the intent. The last time he had peach moonshine was the night of the wedding; the night that he and Thana shared a perfect evening together.

Ash noted the old man with the prosthetic leg sauntering up, so much as he was able to saunter, persay. He was part of Thana's group, when they had split up last year. Ash didn't recall offhand seeing the man with a fake leg then, much like the familiar looking girl had both of her hands back then, too. They must have had a hard time of it. In any case, far be it for Ash to get in the way of the old man - Alexander, yes that was his name. He returned Alexander's nod and make a token show of gesturing toward Thana, indicating his lack of problem with the interruption. The mention of Eden definitely got Ash's attention. He hadn't heard much of the story about what went down there, only that there were heavy losses and the result was that Eden was just as demolished as Newnan. Ash still wished that he could have been there. He had trained for it, only for him to be denied by the earth itself, splitting open while he was on the wrong side of the chasm. "Thank you, Alexander. I said something to Thana, and your angry one-handed friend, but it was all of you. You finished the mission I couldn't. You saved lives. Thank you."

It was then that he noticed Manny. Also in Thana's group, though if memory served he mentioned back in Quarantine that he was a rescue from Eden. Another life saved by them, and he probably returned the favor often enough. It was how people survived anymore. He gave Manny a polite nod. They hadn't talked very much, he and the dentist/apocalypse doc. Maybe he'd strike up a conversation after he and Thana had their words. It occurred to Ash that the Eden group were keeping relatively close together, in comparison to his people from Newnan. They were integrating or sticking to themselves, while Thana's team had more of a shared identity. In the Mess Hall, too. He found it interesting. Alexander's mentioning the Rolling Stones gave Ash the barest hint of a smile. "For the record, I'm an Alice Cooper fan, too. But he never did 'Sympathy of the Devil'."

The mention of music seemed to cue the actual tunes on stage. It him a little by surprise. It wasn't his kind of music, but any music, this day and age, was a blessing. Ash poured two more shots, one for him and Thana, and slid her glass over to her. "Two to get things rolling, then I'm slowing down," he promised. Whether anyone knew it or not, that was a sign that he was loosening up in a fundamental way; a habit going back before the Outbreak. But what really got him was the song selection as the eclectic group of CMB dwellers began to belt it out. "Hey, I think I know this song," said Ash. "Yeah, James used to play it in his truck..." And with that, he just made himself sad. James was a good man who died right in front of him, the same day Newnan fell. He was a good friend and marvelous barbecue-er.

Still, Ash chose to smile. He looked to Thana and tilted his head to the side, inquiring, "Want to wait for a slow one, or would you like to dance?" He smiled a little bigger. "Long as I'm with you I'm good, either way."



Thalia Carmichael

Location: L11 (Beach, Fire Pits)
Skills: N/A



It was impulsive. Not really the kind of thing that Thalia did, just go up to one of the main people in charge of an installation and make a request like that. Too much of a presumption, too much of a risk. For all she knew, that would have been a one-way ticket to garbage patrol for the next five years or so. Thalia felt the weight of that when Gunny crossed his arm and shook his head. Great. Dumpster duty, here she comes. She narrowed her eyes and looked at him for a half second before realizing that he was actually pointing her in the direction of the man who led the team that picked them up outside the walls. Okay, so there was something in place for just such an occasion.

And something else: Thalia instantly and internally scolded herself for feeling bad about the more direct nature of her speech. No, this was exactly the kind of thing that she would have done. Doing so in a larger social setting was what initially threw her off. It was still something that she would have to get used to. She wasn't in the wilderness anymore, she wasn't with a small group either, and she sure as hell wasn't with her Shieldmaidens in their primitive, log-walled village. It was an adjustment, like eating left-handed.

Mizrahi seemed talkative. Four or five words were more than she had heard the man personally say, so any sort of encouragement on his part seemed misplaced, as if Thalia herself had donned a cheerleading outfit and began rooting for the local baseball team. Not that she couldn't pull it off, metal arm aside. She had excellent physicality and she wasn't even back to her fighting best, yet. And one might be able to hide a blade behind a pom-pom. In fact, that might be one hell of a decent ploy, back in the day. But to the present, Mizrahi mentioned that there were others like her, missing limbs? No, she didn't want the frigging Special Olympics version of soldiering. She wanted every piece of the obstacles that a normally able person would have to overcome. To hell with abbreviated training. Or maybe she was reading too much into it. Anger was her comfort zone sometimes. Maybe Maddog had a good setup without pulling punches, or helping them adjust to combat and the like with fierceness. That would be more like her.

"Looking forward to it," she said simply, still staring into the fire. She would have to move when the real cooking got started, but for now she had a fire to meditate with, and it was all good. "Do yah know when he takes on new recruits?"
2x Like Like
Hidden 5 days ago Post by ONL
Raw
Avatar of ONL

ONL The Guild's friendly neighbourhood Norwegian

Member Seen 15 hrs ago



Alexander Polawski



Location: Camp Mexico Beach: L11 (Beach)
Skills: N/A




The smile that was slowly but surely growing to rest naturally on Alexander's face grew some more when Thana called him Mugsy again. Memories of how they grew the group's comradiry through a baptism of fire, even at the loss of some of their limbs. But they were alive, and both Than and himself were doing better. Alexander kept his smile on Thana before looking down at his prosthethic leg, shaking it a little bit. "Oh, this ol' thing? Yeah, it's a whole lot better than the piece of wood we ducktaped to my leg. Your grease monkeys really knows their stuff."

Alexander turned back to Ash after showing of his leg, briefly taken back by something he had not expected; the soldier thanked him. At first Alexander didn't quite understand why Ash thanked him, giving Manny a somewhat confused look before it finally clicked with him; The mission. Eden. That was a long time ago, back when the Earth cracked open and many people died. Good and bad people. Alexander remembered Ash on the other side of that chasm, and now it made sense. Alexander gave Ash a smaller smile, though with pride in his eyes as he half-saluted the fellow soldier. "Don't mention it Ash. Soldiers, old and young have to fulfull their mission somehow. This we'll defend." Alexander's smile returned when Ash continued talking about Alice Cooper, prompting the man a chuckle. "Now that's a cover I'd like to see."

Thana's pointing out of Shears and Moralez "Goatman" and the start of the sort of music Alexander hadn't even dreamed of for years, much less sought after, gave the old veteran the cue for at least him to leave. Thana and Ash were having a moment together, one that was more important than the ramblings of two old men. Alexander smiled at both the youngsters enjoying their company and a drink. "Thanks, catch you two later then. Drink safely." Alexander told them, sounding like a kind, yet protective grandfather before he nodded to Manny and began sauntering away. The party was well on the way with music and drinks.

"Moralez looks busy, so I'll go say hello to Shears you you don't mind?" Alexander was already on his way to where Thana had pointed out Shears standing with a couple of people. He did in the least recognize the two younger girls from quarantine, one of the poor ones having her hair shaven clean off, though she looked better now. Alexander waddled slowly up to the group, making sure not to interrupt whatever conversation they were having until he felt that he wouldn't be bothering them. "Well at least the music's not dead yet. Haven't quite heard anything like that before…" he opened with, before looking at the three of them and smiling kindly. "Amelia and Riley, right? Much better out in fresh air, isn't it? And Shears? Atticus said that you and Moralez would be living with me and Manny onwards. Thought it best to say hello while I could. Alexander, heard you like cards?"



Nigel "Hadrian" Cooper



Location: Camp Mexico Beach: M10 -> L11 (Beach, Fire Pits)
Skills: N/A




Nigel let out a breath of winded air after that little run. Being locked up in Quarantine for a week without any real excercise had already taken its toll on Nigel, much to his surprise. Then again it could have been the humid air that was messing with his lungs more accustomed to the climate further north, or just the sight of the large crowd of survivors. Living people. Party attenders. Nigel nodded in agreement with Erica, letting his gaze wander over the beach at the unbelievable sight. "A whole lot, haven't seen so many for years. Certainly not in a mood like this." Nigel quiped back to her, slowly coming to terms that this was not just any settlement.

This place worked. It really did.

Jumping slightly out of his skin at the sudden, loud sounds coming from the stage, Nigel had not expected the music to be as loud as it turned out. The music itself he didn't have anything against, certainly not when the crowd seemed to have the grandest of times. Nigel nearly forgot Erica for a moment before she nudged him, so he turned in a brief but pleasent surprsie to see her still standing by his side. "You'll never get a "no" out of me if food is involved. Really tonight I'm up for anything, haven't seen anything like this…it's amazing." Nigel was struck by the sight, shaking his head as if not believing his own eyes. But what he saw was true, what he heard and smelled was true, so it had to be. "Hell, I'd even like to dance if they play something good…and something I can dance to." Nigel continued, looking at Erica with a smile before looking where she had pointed.

Food, right. Nigel made his way down to where the fire was burning joyfully in the night. Surrounding it were at least a couple of people Nigel recognized, although only Thalia he remembered by name. The man he thought had arrived the same time as Ash's woman, though the name escaped him. They were conversing, and so Nigel only gave them a nod and a brief wave as if to say "I'm not going to interrupt you, just standing here by the fire. Don't mind me and her.".


1x Like Like
Hidden 5 days ago Post by Remipa Awesome
Raw
Avatar of Remipa Awesome

Remipa Awesome The Meme King!

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Emanuel "Manny" Newman



Location: L11 (Beach party!)
Skills: N/A





Manny was thankful for Thana's experience with the place. Even if she didn't know them well, she more or less knew everyone in the area and was able to help Manny get things started. When he noticed the nod from Ash, Manny gave a respectful nod back. Thana seemed to know him pretty well from before the Team Eden group formed. Or at the very least before he joined it. He also suspected he knew Thana an much closer terms then she was with many members of Team Eden. Manny thought it was nice to see people getting together like that. For many that is something hard to do, start a new life on such a personal level after the world had seen so many hardships. Even Manny had gotten that chance, no matter how brief it was. It for him was a sure sign that things were getting better, it meant that people had hope for the future.

Though the music playing wasn't much of Manny's taste, it was his first live concert of any sorts in more years then he could count. So he would keep those thoughts to himself. Plus, it's not like he hated the music, but he definitely would have picked classic rock over this. Maybe some Credence. But that didn't change the fact that today was overall going pretty well. When the new roommates were pointed out to Alexander and Manny the old dentist took it as a good chance to move on. Alexander was already on his way off when Manny got the thought in his head to do the same. "We'll leave you two love birds to it. Last thing you need are some old men getting in the way." He followed Alexander again.

"You're right, I don't see the point is clogging up the work front here. They are very strict about getting things done." He respected that in many ways, Manny had to work hard for the things he had in his life one way or another. Though some more honest then others. So meeting up with Shears did definitely seem like a better start. Goat would be back at their place eventually.

Alexander got the greetings started relatively fast, taking note of the other two girls as well. Both from Quarantine. Manny wished he had taken better efforts to learn everyone's names, but again, Alexander had things under control. "Ladies." He tried to speak in his most polite tone. He wasn't sure if there was a term that younger generations used to interact with others. So he was just going for general politeness. Plus, an old man trying to sound young and cool was more sad then anything else. His uncle had tried that from time to time. It was a funny sight at the time, but Manny wasn't in the mood to be in the center of that joke. "Shears, if you don't mind me asking, are you exclusively a barber? Or do you work around in other tasks?" He was just curious as to what life styles would be like in here. It seemed like a pretty passive job, though one that took skill that Manny wasn't sure many had at the moment. But he wondered how much of a demand there could be for one?



Private Hunter James Monroe



Location: O10 (Inside Vet -> Outside Vet) -> O9
Skills: N/A





Hunter wasn't going to lie, now that he had Izibel back, he was starting to warm up to this place. For him, until he saw that she was safe, words alone weren't enough. But seeing that she was safe, that she was happy, and that other then some suspicious dude named Felix things were okay, that had built a lot of trust for the otherwise skeptical boy. "This Felix dude seems odd. But I'll take your word for it." This also is one of the first times he has admitted to any kind of trust without blatant skepticism. Sure there was some there, but as Hunter's humor is sketchy at best, it could be chalked up to that. He eventually got the 105lbs mass of muscle fur and love off him and accepted the tiny baggies. "Is this another stockpiled thing or does someone really have the job "To be, Bags of shit" for making ends meet?" He guessed stockpiled, figured wasn't too hard to find the things, and not like there was a huge demand nowadays.

He was showed a semi decent walking area, and the cans to drop the shit in. A literal shitty job for whoever had to do that. Though with his luck he figured it would be his first job while on duty. Not that he minded. He played with animals growing up, and he probably smelled worse coming in. "The beach party should be interesting. Shame this love bug can't come. She'd probably enjoy it more then I would. Unless this Felix guy was there. Then probably not." Was it a bit over the top putting so much faith in a dog's trust? Yes. Would that stop Hunter? No. "Oh, one thing I would recommend, a recent addition to the Camp Armory, an old Ithaca 500. If you get the chance to use it in training I would recommend it. The slam fire on that thing is so... Perfect. And a classic gun too. No idea what is available here in terms of chokes or ammo, but if a proper non sawed off barrel can be attached, and a decent duckbill choke assuming any are left in the world, that fucker can hold any hallway against any number of dead fucks. Assuming the buckshot is decent." Many conditions dependent on one another, to make an improbable situation work. "Or just fuck around with the slam fire function. Others here probably have it too, but a classic Ithaca does wonders."

After a bit Hunter looked at his girl. The dog that had helped keep him sane through the last few months. She was safe here, for all intents and purposes, she was safe. Sure, this place seemed... Surreal to him. Too good to be true. But, worth a shot he guessed. "Still no idea what to do for a date, but maybe it's time to take Izibel home, and we can go check out that beach party. Never been to a beach before. Not a real one at least." Living inland most of his life he didn't have the chance to go much when he was growing up before shit hit the fan, and afterwards, the biggest population centers were on the coast. Even in his most extreme moments of life, it was too big of a risk to try and see the ocean. The few times he did, it had been some old worn pier, or from such a distance that it was hard to figure out where land and water met.

Hidden 3 days ago Post by Lady Absinthia
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Absinthia

Lady Absinthia ۵ Find Comfort ۵

Member Seen 23 hrs ago



Year 5: Part 3

Date: July 22nd, 2012
Map in Original OOC post - NPC's In CS Tab

Location: Camp Mexico Beach

Temperature: 81F
Humidity: High (Around 83%) - No Rain
Wind Speed: 12 MPH
Cloud Coverage: Overcast

Note: It has gone down a whole 2 degrees! LOL Okay, party is underway, bar is open. Adelaide will serve one of several things if asked -
  • Heavy: Moonshine (It's clear)
  • Moderate: Whiskey (It's brown)
  • Light: Beer (Pale Ales)
  • Tea (Southern Sweet, it's brown, if you put a drink down next to someone else drinking whiskey, you might mix it up lol)
  • Water (Clear, look out for switching glasses with mooonshine.)
Seriously, if you want to get drinks mixed up, go for it LOL

The band keeps on playing. They flip between a rather wide variety. From country to rock to classic rock, pop, etc. It's a little of everything, covers of popular stuff. Things that would have been easier to get a hold of tapes or records of. Older the music, the more likely it would be covered as this was a retirement town before the outbreak. They're not bad and do a hell of a cover of Wayward Son by Kansas. Maddog seems to not have a half bad singing voice as the group slows things down. "A'right y'all, grab partner and let's slow it down," Bass says before Maddog sings Elvis Presleys Can't Help Falling In Love.

Shears smiles over to Riley and shakes her hand, he's still fangirling a bit. "Really should get you up there. They might not know any of yours but if you know some older stuff maybe you could do a cover. Might get your foot in the door. First set break, wanna go talk to them?" Shears asked with a grin and a bit of a belly laugh as he stood there. "Oh slow one starting up," he added as the Elvis cover started. "Go on you two love birds, get a dance in."

During all this, the karts are moved over to the pots and Cook takes over fully, freeing up the rest while she starts the boils. Mizrahi looked over to Thalia and nodded. "When you ask." Seemed rather flat when he spoke but Mizrahi wasn't exactly being noted as someone of many words. Standing up he helped Cook and Morales and Gunny set karts locks in place. Gunny headed off to go sit with his dad for a few. The two seemed to talk quietly among themselves.

"Well hey there Chica. Think you can do me a favor? Get that brother of yours to talk normal when he shows up?" Morales asked Thalia with a chuckle.

"Oh you leave Joaquin alone. I personally love the way he talks. It's like being in at the theater without having to buy a ticket," Cook said as she smacked the back of Morales hand with a large spoon.

"Ouch!" he started before going into a slew of mumbled Spanish words that were most likely curses.

Shears looked over as the two older guys he would be sharing a place with came over and grinned. Extending a hand. "Well sure I play cards but I tell ya what, I got some Dominos as well if you would have at it. Glad to see you getting around," he said to Alexander before looking at Manny. "Shit, I cut hair and well anything else when it needs it. I'm a pro napper as well," he said fixing his part and grinning.

"More like pro-gassman," Daytona said in passing as he pinched her nose and kept walking.

"I will turns your hair green Daytona," he threatened with a laugh before looking back at the others. "Or may be pink."



Thana Martin


Location: Camp Mexico Beach: L11 (Bar)
Skills: N/A


"Yeah they do, glad they could help out," she said to Alexander. It was good to see him moving around better.

Thana sat there grinning a little bit, her foot tapping along with the music as it continued. It was nice, this was real nice. Just sitting back, listening to music like one would in a bar back before the whole world went to shit. Hell, this was a bar, just an outdoor bar. Been a while since she sang in a bar. Okay, now she made herself sad. Last time she had was with Gavin. That seemed like a life time ago, it was a life time ago. Looking over at Ash she chuckled a bit, trying to move on. Just because that part of her life was over didn't mean she still didn't care about the man she lost, it was just that she couldn't dwell on it. It wouldn't change anything. This, with Ash, and the rest, here, this was a new chapter in life.

"I used to do a cover of Paint it Black back in the day," she said thinking on it after talk about the Stones. Shrugging a bit she glanced over at Riley. "Would like to hear her sing though, she's the pro. Hopefully the guys will take note of her," she said before looking back at Ash. Ash knew Riley a lot better than she did but Thana at least knew of Riley before the radio stations stopped playing music and started playing emergency messages until they died. "Thanks Mugsy, talk to ya later Manny," she said before the two wandered off to talk to the others. It was good seeing people mingling around. She would have been if her thigh didn't hurt so damn much right now.

Picking up the drink, Thana raised it and nodded. "To absent friends. Gone but still loved. In the past but never forgotten," she said before downing the shot and hissing slightly. Okay, that refill had a bit more kick than she had braced for. Thana was going to say wait a bit but when things slowed down she slipped off her seat and braced against Ash. "A'right soldier, sweep a girl off her feet and take me dancin'," she said as she slipped an arm over his shoulder. She'd have to let him lead. "You can dance... right?" It wasn't exactly something that had come up. Well maybe it had, at the reception, but it wasn't something she could recall.



Nikola Warren


Location: Camp Mexico Beach: O9 -> M9
Skills: N/A


Nikki giggled and nodded. "Yeah well we got a lot of odd balls around here. I'm one. Thinkin' your one as well," she teased before sticking her tongue out at him. Then she busted out laughing about the bags. "Actually it's collected and used as fertilizer. The bags are sanitized and reused. All part of that reduce, reuse, recycle shit they tried to get me to do posters for in middle school. You know, all that Earth Day jazz. Places reuses and recycles as much as humanly possible." It was the truth. Sure they had supplies and a good handle on things. Sure they could get places but in the end, eventually all of mankind made items were going to run out or get to a point they couldn't get to them. CMB planned for the long haul, so while they did some things to squander resources to boost morale from time to time, mostly they were pretty tight about things.

"Supply handles it. So might end up being your job. Was mine my firs six months." Nikki cringed a bit thinking back on it. It sucked but it had to be done. She was glad to be off the duty now. Granted it wasn't all bad. Okay the duty was, the payoff wasn't. Having vegetables did rock, even if she hated them growing up. What she wouldn't do for a fucking brussel sprout these days.

"Yeah sucks but we got a few with bad allergies down there and a handful with like major dog phobias. One kid got mauled by some that went feral. Lost an eye and a few fingers. Think she just worked up to being able to handle a picture of a dog," Nikki said, hoping that put things into a little more prospective.

Then he went into his whole thing about the gun. That was out of left field. "From dogs to gun? You really gotta get out more," she finally said before motioning with her finger so they could put Izi up in the apartment. Nikki wanted to get to the party, have some fun, dance a little. Nikki really didn't need an excuse to dance. She was bopping around as she walked anyways, cutting through the grounds between the buildings this time instead of taking the roads. It was faster this way and since she wasn't going into any building she wasn't breaking any rules. At least not for this area. There was nothing major here to stay away from.

"Be my third here. Don't do them often but they are fun. Wasn't expecting one this week but after such a big group came in and it had been a while, General made it so. Though more think it has to do with the supplies Sparrow and Franken brought back than anything," she said as she motioned towards the apartments. "Want me to wait here for ya while you put her up?"
1x Like Like 1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 3 days ago Post by rivaan
Raw
Avatar of rivaan

rivaan

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



Lisa Mason

Location:Camp Mexico Beach:L11 (Beach, Bar)
Skills: N/A




Lisa had a wide grin at what Ada had told her. Sure enough, she got the drift alright. She had stolen a glance at the couple with a smile before focusing on her beer and decided to enjoy it while the party was starting properly. Music soon joined as well with some pretty nice renditions of classical songs. She liked what she was hearing. Always enjoyed a party more or less. It allowed for a nice change of pace in the slow and somewhat samey life here. Granted she enjoyed the lifestyle, but a change of pace never hurt anyone.

Soon enough the music changed to something slower. Something good for a dance. Good old Elvis, always a nice one to hear. It was already called for people to pair up for dancing. Lisa considered it for a moment, seeing some people already setting up for it. She herself wasn't really having a partner right now to dance with. Well it was fine, she just decided to enjoy it for the moment. Watch the dancers from the side and enjoy the view was a valid way to take in the party as well. She just stretched her arms and leaned on the bar with her elbow, looking at the people. After looking at people gathering for a bit, she pondered, maybe she should actually see if someone was looking for a dancing partner after all... However she didn't really have anyone in mind specifically. Hmmm... Hard problem to solve.



Amelia Payne

Location:Camp Mexico Beach: I11(Beach)
Skills: N/A




„Yes, thank you.” Was Amelia's brief reply to Shears. She was never a big talker to begin with and him being someone they barely met not too long ago didn't help much, but in any case progress appeared to be made. She had promised to not allow herself to give in to her stupid baseless prejudices. They had to get along even if they may never become friends. Living in the same settlement now meant they will meet a lot, maybe even work together in the future. If they didn't get along and were unable to at least work well enough, things would go bad quickly.

It wasn't long till the stage was alive and the music started up. Amelia felt like she was watching an illusion. Hearing the music aloud like this. Earlier she had thought this didn't seem real, having gotten too used to the state of the world, the constant living on the run from the walkers, always being alert and ready to bail or fight, keeping quiet as much as possible. Now in this public noise of the living she just felt in a completely alien world after all this time. She couldn't help, but constantly have her eyes dart about the edges of the area. Well at least the edges of her vision, looking for possible signs of danger.

Eventually they were approached by others. The first to speak was the an older man.” Yes. Nice to meet you. Ehmm... Alexander, right? I remembered right?” Amelia asked. It was his name if she remembered right. In any case he had greeted and talked to them, she had to at least return in kind. He then proceeded to talk to Shears. Then older man number two showed up and greeted them. The ever classic 'ladies' made her blink for a moment before nodding.” Hello.” She greeted him as well, before he also started speaking to Shears.

Amelia snapped out of looking about as she heard Shears say that she and Riley should go and dance. She blinked and heard the slower and more melodic song, suited for a dance. With a slight blush on her cheeks she looked at Riley.” Sh..ould we dance?” She asked, she didn't mind it too much. How long has it been since she had ever the chance to dance? It felt like eternity.” Let's go dance...?”
2x Like Like
Hidden 1 day ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Ash Holloway

Location: L11 (Beach, Bar -> Area in front of Stage)
Skills: N/A




Such as anyone could enjoy a piece of the world that used to be, Ash was letting himself live in the moment. The tiny voice in the back of his head (metaphorically this time) that told him to remain vigilant, that no one was safe, ever, was still present; it was muffled enough for Ash to enjoy himself. Everything could come to a crashing, screaming halt any minute now, but that was highly unlikely. And honestly, the opportunity for some actual R&R was worth the risk. It had been a while. A long while.

Ash thanked Alexander and Manny for stopping by, even though they very likely just came over to give Thana a touch of accolade and he stepped into it with his own agenda, benign as it was. He needed to try to branch out and get to know people as more than personnel assets. For instance, the old guy was also an Alice Cooper fan. This was progress. They could talk music later. It wasn't his responsibility to tally assets, personnel or otherwise, anymore. Hell, all he had now was the responsibility of keeping Thana happy. No problem. As best he could, anyway.

Speaking to Thana's claim that she had done a cover of "Paint it, Black", Ash gave her a studious look, a nod, and then said, "That's something I would like to hear sometime, Thana." The thought kept with him for a moment as his mind drifted back to the video of her from Quarantine. "Live, I mean." Did she know that video was in there? He raised his glass and smiled behind it. The smile retreated a little bit when she changed the subject over to Riley. It had been another long while since he had heard her sing, too. "She's the real deal, all right. Never really listened to her stuff back Before, but the girl's got talent. Maybe I ought to leave something in a suggestion box about it." He shrugged uncertainly. Doubt lingered as to whether there was something along the lines of a suggestion box, but that was hardly the point. "Still want to catch you belting out 'Stones." He smiled. Some might find it roguishly charming, others might believe that he was trying to dislodge something from his teeth, unaccustomed to smiling as he had become up until very recently. He did somber up a little at the toast, downing his second with the intonation of, "Absent friends." They probably deserved more than a shot, but Ash wasn't out to get sloppy drunk this evening.

The sudden shift to a slow song had Ash looking to Thana with renewed interest in dancing, a sentiment that she beat him to verbally. At her insistence that he sweep her off her feet, Ash dropped an arm behind her and, with stalwart, confident grin, whisked her from the ground entirely to hold her in the traditional "crossing the threshold" position. As he stepped nearer to the area in front of the stage, Ash answered her question about dancing. "Learned a little at VMI, formal ball stuff. I was okay, but I'm a little out of practice, so..." It wasn't highly encouraging, but for Thana, he was going to give it a good attempt, so long as it didn't put her in any danger. She was still healing, and was supposed to be taking it easy. "I'll know enough," he assured her, carefully lowering her feet to the sand. He maintained a simple, appreciative look as he stared into her eyes, and began moving in a passable slow dance, supporting her as best he could. "Offer to carry is still on the table," he whispered in reminder. It had been a long time since he had danced, and was glad it was with her again.



Thalia Carmichael

Location: L11 (Beach, Fire Pits -> Bar)
Skills: N/A



Thalia regarded Mizrahi silently as he cryptically answered her question. The training began whenever she asked. Okay. It seemed a little free and loose for a Marine training regimen, but if they already had a system for it then great, she was game. The thoughts of how to stage it around Tatiana's routines dancing gave her a piece of consideration; she did not want to drop the ballet lessons. It would mean layering two physical disciplines on top of one another, in addition to her work duties, whatever they might be. She would be forcing herself to exhaustion just to get through the day, and her recovery periods would be hell. Oh, and lest she forget her physical therapy for the use of a prosthetic limb. If she didn't break herself first, she was going to walk out of this beast. Ok, a beast who knew how to pirouette.

The food preparation around her seemed to snatch away her quiet time with the fire. While they had made no indication that she should move on, and in fact quite the opposite as conversation was broached, Thalia knew that the relative quiet of her fire-staring experience was done. The first part of that occurred when Morales, whom she was actually glad did not use her fashion advice from earlier, made a crack about her brother Joaquin. Thalia observed the man for a second, the thought "...no speedo..." escaping her mouth at a whisper, mostly covered by the crackle of the fire. She nodded satisfactorily at the thought, just as the guy received a whack from the back of a spoon. In an odd way, the exchange reminded her of some of the big gatherings back home, where the abuelitas got everything together and ran the kitchens like a boss, while you either helped out while holding on for dear life or, more wisely, got the hell out of the way.

In this instance, she stayed out of the way. Being that as it may, Thalia attempted to employ something akin to manners, looking around at those immediately present and saying flatly, "Save my spot, please. I'll be right back." Actually saving a spot standing around a firepit was kind of ludicrous; it was more an indicator that she wasn't leaving because she was being rude nor that they were annoying her. She still felt like she needed to stay on guard a little, but logically understood that it was because she didn't know these people. Thalia was a roughhewn as of recent years, not intentionally rude. Usually. In any case, she was trying to open herself up to the idea that this was a party. Glancing over to the bar, she noticed that Thash had left the area, with only a couple of preexisting locals remaining.

Thalia sighed, mumbling, "Interacting with people. Nnn..." while walking over. She didn't bother making small talk, instead resting her arms, metal and flesh both, upon the bar and looking over the options available. Losing her senses was not the goal. She wasn't so comfortable here that she wanted to dull her ability to think or fight, if need be. At the same time, she really was trying to be a part of the festivities. "Hey, um," she began, a little unsure of herself, "Can I um, ...hmm. Beer?" She noted the people present around her. At this second, aside from Adelaide, another local woman she hadn't met yet was leaning against the bar. She took note of the woman's posture and demeanor, a habit birthed from earlier days of threat assessment. Satisfied, Thalia's overt attention returned to the objective.
1x Like Like
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet