Here we are! Let me know what ya think - and if I missed any errors. :p
• Name: Samuel "Myriad-Affinity" Kissinger
• Age: 29
• Gender: Male
• Personality: Samuel is a very watchful individual. He is content to observe others rather than be the center of a crowd's attention - but this is not to say that he is shy. Socially, he is a very gentle and polite person - and has an air of knowing calm about him. He's one of those listener types who makes you feel like he is the host in your own home. Despite his very mellow demeanor, he is a very fun-loving individual who is not adverse to going on seemingly useless adventures, when he has the time. He is also known to shoot off some well-intentioned sarcasm every once in a while. However, there is another side to Samuel.
Samuel is vexed with a condition known as Dissociative Identity Disorder(DID). Luckily for the young man, it is a relatively mild case. This condition has formed an alternate personality in Samuel's mind, who he calls Luc. Being a mild case, there is minimal memory loss - but it is still there during times of stress. Luc is much more abrasive than Samuel, and generally does not care for the feelings of others much. This is due to the fact that Luc stems from the trauma and anger that Samuel held in the past for his 'father'. Fortunately, Luc is content to remain dormant when Samuel is interacting with others, and rarely takes face when in company. However, certain actions, memories, or feelings will stir Luc and may cause him to 'trigger', and he will surface for a time.
Affinity - Predation [Sub-branches: Consumption, Evolution] Samuel started properly honing his Magi blood later than one would comfortably want to - and as a result, the quality of his magic is average. However, he makes up for this with a massive capacity for mana. This mana-well craves to filled, and as such, his Affinity reflects this.
One of his affinities is that of consuming the magical attacks and effects of other beings. The most common usage of this affinity is to form a manaphage vortex of sorts, to absorb magical attacks. One must be careful, however, as creating one too large could seriously damage the user - so the expanse of the defense is limited to a few feet. Notably, mana consumption upon physical contact is very easy for Samuel.
Samuel uses the mana he absorbs to pour more resources into non-affinity magics he utilizes, compensating for the lack of proficiency. Additionally, he has become reliant on supplementary limb gestures to perform these magics - though this does ease the effort he requires by a small, yet respectable degree. These gestures are also used on his affinities, but they are not necessary - they just expedite the incantations.
As noted by his affinity, Samuel will sometimes alter his biology when he has to resort to it.
• Skills: Household chores - learned from his childhood. Etiquette & Espionage - it's in his nature to be polite and courteous, so he's hardly faking it. He is, ironically enough, capable of being two-faced if need be. Psychology - quite useful for every day interaction and the above-mentioned Espionage, Samuel has always been interested in psychology, for obvious reasons, and has studied it quite a bit. History/Historical Warfare - another subject he quite enjoys studying, he is knowledgeable in the customs, strategies, etc. of quite a few Eastern nations. Firearms - when he was younger he shot them for sport, but he would rather not use them for anything beyond that. He's a decent shot. Fencing - another sport he enjoyed in the past. He's a fine swordsman.
• Assets: Obviously, being part of one of the prominent Magi bloodlines, Samuel is entitled to quite a sum of inheritance/money.
• Brief Backstory: Samuel Lecrix Kissinger is the son of an affair between the former head of the Kissinger family* and his mistress. Sparing you the details, the Mistress - Samuel's mother, Sasha Kissinger - became pregnant. Without Sir Hyde Kissinger's* knowledge, Samuel was born and nurtured solely by his mother for some years. Eventually, the information came to be known, and his father suddenly cared for his presence - more specifically the rumored magical aptitude the child had potential for. He succeeded in separating the boy from his mother at the age of 15. The ensuing legal issues - the back and forth - were all very stressful. Not to mention all the magical energy Sir Hyde's tutors were trying to force the boy to evoke against his will. After a great deal of hassle for over a year, Sasha Kissinger earned custody of Samuel. Eventually, Sir Hyde Kissinger, who had been barring the duos inheritance funds, passed away from unknown causes. From then to the present, Samuel has reclaimed his spot near the pentacle of his family's head - alongside a good deal of inheritance money, which is far more than enough to give his caring mother a luxurious lifestyle. For twelve years now, he's lived a life some could only dream of - and has matured well, despite the previous grievances.
Samuel is a man who enjoys his secrets. As such, his mother is the only person who knows about his Dissociative Identity Disorder. Additionally, he does not share the nature of his affinity with anyone - hence the moniker "Myriad-Affinity", as it appears he is proficient in more than a couple types of spells. Those who are sensitive to mana flows will notice the high quantity of mana he puts into his non-affinity techniques.
Luc will sometimes be triggered by the use of 'Evolution' techniques. This can rarely extend to Incendiary and especially violent techniques as well.
I hope you don't mind my slight format alterations? I can easily change it if you like!
Height - 5'7", Weight - 145 lbs. Color Code: #9D0B0B
Name: Elvie Kissinger
Resonant is the primary form of Elvie's weapon. It is named after one of Elvie's favorite functions of the blade - a heart-wrenching grinding sound that resonates when an opponent's weapon is forcefully racked against the innards of the blade. It is minutely ridged in a way that easily catches and grips blades that slip between it, and snatches the weapon from the wielder's grasp as Elvie twists away her own sword. The weapon itself is an oddly shaped longsword - it is quite lengthy, but the hilt is just as long as the blade. Because of this, the balance of the blade makes it feel quite light, but it still delivers powerful attacks - and is better at defending than a wide-guarded if handled correctly.
Riddle is the secondary form of Elvie's weapon. It is named by Elvie for its ability to "riddle" the enemy's defenses with holes(humorously, its fire rate is a little too slow for "riddling"). This is a seemingly standard short-magazine .303 Lee-Enfield rifle with a dark finish. She can summon it with a Bayonet attached, or a Suppressor.
Noble Arm Abilities:
Myriad Self - Resonant and Riddle (often called R&R by Elvie) allow their Master to create clones of themselves. These clones are visually identical, aside from their eyes, which are completely black and emit a faint black smoke when exposed to light. They are different though, in that they cannot take as much abuse as the original; and will disperse after receiving anything more than a couple dozen unarmed attacks - so they usually can only take one hit in the terms of an Arms Master's battle. They may alternate between Resonant and Riddle independently of Elvie. The clones carry their own ammunition, which Elvie cannot use. Additionally, Elvie can, in a more social manner, control up to one clone at a time - meaning she can talk through it, among other things.
Personality: Elvie is, in her normal life, a very...intense person. Often brash and somewhat of a prankster to what few acquaintances she has, she's what a lot of people would call annoying. However, this side of her is often forced into remission - there's no room for games in her line of work. Well, there's not supposed to be. But Elvie changes that; every fight to her is a game. She savors every second of a good brawl. Despite her normal brash nature, she is actually quite inwardly methodical when it comes to approaching a duel or engagement with enemies. She uses her confident exterior to dispirit her enemies, attacking with a drawn ferocity that gives her an upper hand automatically in most fights.
Likes: People w/ Attitude, Fighting, Bad Weather.
Dislikes: The Hammer of Masters, Disablers, Cowardly "Bystanders".
Fears: Her state of semi-neutrality causing the loss of innocents; being a bystander; being the cause of innocent people's deaths.
Current Goal: End the majority of the factional conflict by assisting Operation Symbiosis. Cease violent efforts of The Hammer of Masters and The Disablers.
I was thinkin' of going for a pretty defensive Semblance. Which, brings me to ask a question - would a section of armor (from Pauldron, to vambrace, to greave - so, the whole arm) be able to go in the "weapon" slot? Of course it will likely be able to transform as most weapons do, but just wanted to ask to make sure.
And another question - is this going to be sandbox, or do you have a plot/plan laid out?