: Kuboneko OkayuTitles
: Designation #27616: ■■■■■■■■ of GodTeam
: Red TeamHeight & Weight
: you ever taken your cat to the vet before?Sex
: Nya-utral Meow-adHistory
: The Kubonekos were once a family of Shinto priests who watched over an ancient piece of spiritual land in the remote regions of Japan, a land rich with the souls of stray cats free to frolic, and "ruled" by the family's guardian spirit, a nekomata that served as the family's primary foundation into magecraft. Due to the nature of the Kubonekos' magecraft, they were forced to stay in the wilds as their minds had far regressed closer to that of animals. However, during the end of the Meiji era, their spiritual land was conquered and taken by a bloodsucker foreigner, one the family was too weak to defend against. With their spiritual land pillaged and their incapability to fully adapt into human society, the Kubonekos would have been doomed to extinction if not for the intervention of the Holy Church, who sought out Eastern agents to root out the Dead Apostles of these foreign lands. Throughout the years, the Kuboneko family was moulded to serve one of the arms of the Holy Church, wild beasts of the Eastern lands trained to the service of God. And of course, it goes without saying, but being away from their spiritual home caused the Kuboneko magecraft to deteriorate as each new heir devoted their life in service to the church, their attribute of "regression" shifting to that of "purification." It was a consequence that would have continued if it wasn't for a miracle.
Okayu, the current Kuboneko heir, was something of a prodigy in his family, being the first in a long time to successfully "reach an understanding" with the family's benefactor. While he did not possess any spectacular number of circuits or strange affinities that set him apart from other magi, his talents at performing the family's magecraft were surely the work of a prodigy, demonstrating the skills and talents of the Kuboneko in their glory days. His talents also extended to battling against mankind's threats, naturally excelling in training as a professional killer sworn only to the Eighth Sacrament, a heathen that served the Holy Church. After all, what is truly lost if it were the sinner who sinned?
Not too long ago, Okayu had successfully purged the Kuboneko's spiritual land of the Dead Apostle interloper with the help of a certain stranger from China. However, before he could fully reclaim his land, the very same stranger made his claim on the stray souls roaming the Kuboneko's "cat heaven," proclaiming that such a land is a perfect spot for a new "hell." And just as quickly, the man absconded as soon as he took his tribute. Now, Okayu still continues to serve the church, more as a debt to the organization than out of any true faith, for much of it has deteriorated. It wasn't something that Okayu's superiors even minded, as much more frightening beasts have served the institution before him. Ever since that day, his humanity has regressed even farther than before, the hatred from his family's guardian and the stray cats of cat heaven seeping into his very soul. Okayu lives for vengeance, but not against all of humanity. Instead, he craves for revenge against that one man... that egg-shaped man, foiling his plans forevermore.Personality
: A curious being far removed from humanity, closer to a house cat in terms of mentality. At the same time, a devout fighter of the enemies of humanity. A playful kitten who will also bare its claws at an instant. A free spirit who enjoys foods with high protein, such as chili dogs. Reasoning is possible, although speech is difficult due to the nature of his magecraftt.
Magic Circuit Switch
: The sensation of scraping meat off of bone with his tongue.Quality of Circuits
: CQuantity of Circuits
: CElemental Affinity
: Regression & Purification. By purifying the humanity away from his existence, Okayu is able to regress easily.Magecraft
- Houjutsu: The bare basics, essentially what is covered by General Magecraft. Of note, Okayu is talented in bounded fields meant to contain or purify spirits, the creation of feline familiars, and the knowledge of Japanese cremation ceremonies.
- High-Speed Sutra Incantation (Rings): Due to a speech impediment, spell incantations are difficult to perform. However, by utilizing the rhythmic movements and ringing of a khakkhara, Okayu is capable of performing houjutsu incantations at three-fourths of the speed.
- Beast Magecraft (Cat): One of the two primary components of the Kuboneko line of magecraft. Utilizing the mysteries surrounding the animal kingdom in order to adopt their traits, and an offshoot of the original Shinto method of channeling animal spirits into one's body. However, such magecraft is frowned upon as their users are likely to lose their minds and become like the animals they seek to emulate. More specifically, the Kuboneko adapt the features of a "cat" into their bodies, enhancing their abilities far above normal strengthening magecraft. While he has not reached the same level of a certain dog, Okayu is still capable of enhancing his capabilities to surpass those of humans, from heightening his senses to track down heretical magecraft, to even his speed and agility. At this level, it could be said that Okayu resembles a ■■■■■■■■, or a "phantasmal cat," at the extent of a fraction of his reasoning deteriorating. Despite this, the main reason why the Kubonekos use such a risky magecraft is not for its immediate benefits, but rather what comes from it. Losing their minds is the least of the Kuboneko's worries, as such a loss is required to take advantage of the rest of their magecraft.
- Nekomata: The guardian spirit that the Kubonekos had worshipped in the past, and the second of the two primary components of the family's foundation. The nekomata is a yokai, one formed from a particularly aged cat, bearing two tails to signify their power and a contempt for humankind. It is because of this hatred for humans that the Kuboneko have adopted Beast Magecraft, utilizing it as a means to more properly communicate with the object of their worship, the kami of their spiritual land. By channeling the nekomata, they are able to borrow their concepts and utilize them in their magecraft, while the spirit itself serves a similar function to a western magi's magic crest. In Okayu's case, he specializes in using the Nekomata's blue flames as a weapon, cursed fire that is extremely effective against humankind, as well as further strengthening his Beast Magecraft. Other abilities belonging to the nekomata, such as possessing and controlling the dead, are beyond Okayu's abilities due to degradation and general distaste for the art. T-there's no "r" in "nekomancy!"
- Sorcery Trait: Mystic Eyes of Dilation: The inherent trait of the Kuboneko, a "bronze"-ranked pair of mystic eyes, single action spells that are contained within the user's eyes that interfere with anything within the user's field of view. These eyes have the effect of dilating the time of everything within the user's line of slight, slowing time down when channeled. While these effects aren't especially powerful, they do aid in having the user appear to "go fast." Okayu normally uses it to aid against fighting Dead Apostles, existences above humanity where even his enhanced speed and senses aren't enough to keep up with. Based off of the mystery surrounding the nature of a cat's eyes, which dilate depending on the time of day. It should be noted that as inherent traits to the Kuboneko, these eyes are closer to psychic channels than they are to those formed using magecraft.
- Baptism Sacrament: The sole miracle members of the Holy Church are permitted to acquire. However, due to its incompatibility with Okayu's circuits and his speech impediment, he is incapable of truly performing the ritual. The knowledge of the miracle, rather than any application.
- Taigasuzu Shakujo: A khakkhara with seven jingly jangly golden rings, a sharpened pointed tip, and a prismatic gemstone resembling an emerald crafted in the late 1500s. This staff serves as the pseudo magic crest to the Kuboneko, as it is a conceptual weapon containing the guardian spirit designated as the "Nekomata", bound with a particularly aged cat animal spirit and the clan's ancestor, consuming the souls of each family head at the time of their passing. The spirit itself, who is referred to fondly by Okayu as "Kameko-San", holds a hatred for human beings like others of its kind, and has also developed a hatred against Dead Apostles due to one being responsible for the pillaging and degradation of their spiritual land, their domain as kami. As a conceptual weapon, it merely bestows the nekomata's burning effect against those it strikes, cursed flames that are particularly effective against both humans and bloodsuckers alike, the objects of Kameko-san's ire. It is also utilized as a medium for the Kuboneko's magecraft, as well as a medium to draw forth the grudges of both stray and domestic cats in a given area. It should be noted, however, that Okayu is not strong enough on his own for Kameko-san to maintain its own physical body outside of the Kuboneko spiritual land.
- Shroud of St. Christopher: Holy shroud bestowed by the church to the Kuboneko to aid the clan from succumbing to madness due to the nature of their magecraft. A shroud meant to contain the bestial nature of whatever is held within, suppresses one's "monstrous" and "animal" attributes when worn. Primarily serving as an extra step to avoid the mental degradation that comes from the usage of Beast Magecraft, allows Okayu to retain the reason that he lost to a degree in exchange for significantly dampening the capabilities of his Beast Magecraft when worn. However, Okayu still conducts himself as one far removed from humankind. One could only imagine what sort of monster Okayu might regress to if the shroud is removed for a prolonged period of time...
- Other mystic codes of note include a priest's frock made with a composite weave and strengthened by protective spells, a pair of mystic eye killers, and two or three hairballs of unknown origin holding a significant amount of magical energy.
- Okayu has brought with him a floofy and insulated coat for cold weather, enough change of clothes to last the whole war plus a few more weeks in case he gets lost going back home, eighty (80) sheets of talisman paper, six (6) cans of tuna, a slightly magical ball of yarn, a scratched up King James version of the Bible, a tour guide to Turkey, and a book entitled "Homer for Dummies."
- Okayu is trained in the martial techniques of the Holy Church, namely in the use of spears and staves as weapons, with enough training to properly fight against vampires. This training is eclipsed by Okayu's frightening mastery of sumo, sporting an abnormal muscle and bone density that allows him to out-perform those above his weight class.
- Okayu can recite the Old Testament almost verbatim, however his speech impediment makes it difficult. This does not stop his superiors from asking him to recite it nonetheless.
- As expected of a cat, Okayu hates water and cannot swim. By all accounts, it is assured that water is his weakness.
- Contrary to popular belief, Okayu loves dogs.
- Voice Actor: Antonio Banderas