The World of Aeos is one of astounding beauty, and yet, deep sorrow. It is an ancient world where even the elves, who can trace back their people's history several millennia in the past, have but a small inkling of the world's mysteries. One thing is for sure, Aeos has had a long and varied history. It has had its tragedies and its heroes with many a civilization ripening to perfection before slowly declining into nothing as history takes its course. The world isn't perfect, of course. There had been war, famine, and injustice in the past and many a tragedy making its way into song, but for the most part, people lived happily and at peace with their neighbors, at least, as peacefully as mortal beings can. It is a wonderful world of mystery and magic.
Previously, the last great conflict had ended 1000 years ago when the Seven Demon Lords were defeated by the legendary human hero, Miernes, who disappeared soon afterwards, leaving only the tales of his heroism and deeds behind. For 1000 years, the World of Aeos knew peace. Then the Dark Lord came and everything changed.
No one knew his history or even his name, but they soon learned to fear him for his great physical strength and nigh-impossible Mastery of Sorcery. When he made the call to submit, the Wise were taken aback by how quickly his ranks were filled. Creatures such as Vampires, Dark Elves, Goblins, Trolls and Orcs soon fell under his sway. These races had long been persecuted as "Evil" and were quick to heed the new Dark Lord's call. Many humans too allied or swore their allegiance to the Dark Lord for various reasons, a fact the High Elves are slow to forget. In his onslaught, the Dark Lord gave his enemies a simple choice: submit or die. Many fought valiantly against the Dark Lord, but his armies soon outnumbered the few that opposed him and his Dark Sorcery overpowered and corrupted or destroyed many a promising Mage. The Dark Lord showed no mercy and the tales of his cruelties are the stuff of legend Kingdoms fell and the Dark Lord pressed on relentlessly for a time, bringing the sword and deadly fire upon his enemies. At last, however, he set about consolidating his power for his realm was now vast.
In the center of his domain, the Dark Lord raised the Dark Citadel of Halleoth, an impenetrable fortress built from black stone and filled with everything the Dark Lord and his most trusted servants could desire and guarded by over a thousand of the Dark Lord's elite guard. It became the symbol of the Dark Lord's power and wealth as well as a symbol of fear for no one ever escaped its dungeons alive. From this might fortress, the Overlord set about bringing "order" to his domain, rewarding those that served him in his war with everything they were promised. Apparently, he could be trusted to keep his word. Those under his rule soon adapted to their lord's new order: obey or facet the consequences. If they obeyed, they were left alone. If they did not, they faced consequences. Deadly consequences.
Over 100 years has passed since the Dark Lord appeared. Slowly, his armies march to expand his empire while his enemies ponder on what to do.There are few kingdoms and strongholds remaining who have not already been conquered by the Dark Lord or have sworn allegiance to him. The Dark Lord appears to be immortal and all-powerful with his servants enjoying great rewards. Meanwhile, the Dark Lord turns his mind to hunting down his last descendant and the heroes of this age begin to realize that if they do not do something, no one will.
1. All character applications are posted in this thread unless you are uncomfortable with such. If that is the case, please message me the CS.
2. No godmodding. Don’t go around and controlling other people’s characters without permission and all that stuff.
3. No instant death. Actually links to the previous rule, since it requires that you control another character to kill it. Another player-controlled character can only die if the RPer agrees beforehand.
4. Kissing, hugging and such is allowed, and so is mating to a certain extent. By that, I mean you are to take it to PMs if you really feel like typing out that entire thing. If not, go ahead and pull a timeskip on us.
5. Once it is your turn to post, please at least give a situation and/or progress-report if you are delayed from posting by a week, and another periodically at least once a week from then, if the delay becomes extreme. If you expect to be unable to post for two weeks or more, please tell us in advance.
6. If you find yourself unable to post for a long period of time (a month or more), please consider allowing for your character to be carried during your incapacitation, preferably while giving relatively brief and manageable instructions on how to handle this OOC.
7. Communicate. If there is any doubt as to which player is the next to post, please address this doubt OOC as soon as possible; ask if the other player intends to post rather than waiting to see if they will. In fact if you have questions in general, don't hold back: a question asked is potentially a mistake avoided.
8. Do not argue in the OOC thread. If you really must argue, please take it to private messages.
9. Make as many characters as you want!
Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read all of this.