Location: Somewhere in Canada
Time Frame: October 18, 1983
RP Tags: Casual, Large Group, Fantasy, Fandom, Slice of Life
Type: An action role-play that is character driven and takes place in the universe of the role-play Abandoned Hope. This RP is a prequel to X-Men: Darkness Rising
Goal: To put an end to the Weapon X program, and avoid getting caught and put into the program.
Age: Characters have to at least be 18 years old.
Mutation: it is the key to our evolution. It has enabled us to evolve from a single-celled organism into the dominant species on the planet. This process is slow, and normally taking thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward.
These are the words that Charles Xavier has said numerous times over the years, but there was a point in time, where most humans did not know of the existence of mutants, and they were able to coexist peacefully. Those days, are far behind us, for there were some members of the United States government who know of them, and wish to use these individuals with extraordinary abilities as weapons of war. They set up a program, specifically for this job, and put money towards it, funding it so they could try and find them, and see what they could learn.
These plans were discovered by two mutants, friends who wished to prevent mutants from being used like this. Their names? Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr. They found out about program, but only knew that it was somewhere in the Canadian wilderness, and not easy to find. With the help of a friend, they were able to create Cerebro, in order to amplify Charles' powers, to the point where he could find mutants before those who work with the program do.
They track down these individuals, and hope to turn this group of strangers into a team that can work together to shut the program down. If they fail, they risk exposing mutants to the world, and in a very harsh light, and success could mean the same thing if they aren't careful. There is more at stake, as the Weapon X program is looking for "volunteers" for its next project constantly. If the team isn't careful, they might end up as participants in the program themselves.
Weapon X was a code name for a secret U.S. Government project intended to deliberately induce superpowers for military purposes. It was the tenth installment of the Weapon Plus Program. In the case of Weapon X, the mechanism was genetic engineering, specifically, creating mutations in normal humans and enhancing existing mutations. The successive projects had Roman numerals, so Weapon X was the tenth such project. Some confusion has arisen because this same name has applied to several different projects as well as several of the project's "graduates."
The original Weapon X Program started in the United States during the 1960s by Professor Thorton under Romulus' influence. Sponsored by American Central Intelligence Agency, Weapon X recruited skilled intelligence operatives to form a squad named Team X, composed of Romulus' agents Logan, (codenamed Subject X) Victor Creed and Silver Fox, and C.I.A. operatives David North (codenamed Maverick), John Wraith (codenamed Kestrel) and Mastodon. During these years, Team X members received memory implants via several methods, including low-quality stage scenarios, machines provided by Romulus, and psychic manipulations by one of the Weapon X's allies, Aldo Ferro. In 1963 Silver Fox fled Weapon X for her own reasons during a mission in Cuba, allying with enemy soldiers.
In 1968 Romulus had Weapon X operatives in Dallas, Texas, experimenting on Logan with Carbonadium pills; Team X later had a mission in Berlin, where they obtained the Carbonadium Synthesizer and C.I.A. double agent Janice Hollenbeck; they were opposed by Omega Red, but they successfully escaped while Wraith distracted him. Team X later disbanded after that mission, with Logan and Creed returning working for Romulus while Maverick, Mastodon and Wraith remained under C.I.A.'s authority. The Weapon X Program then continued operating under the cover of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
In the 1970s former Team X member Logan briefly joined Canadian's Department K as an intelligence member, also working with C.I.A. agents Richard and Mary Parker. During this time, Department K found a way to replicate Logan's healing factor and implement it into other subjects; one of such subjects was Wade Wilson, a man who suffered from cancer who had enlisted in Department K searching for a cure. Weapon X implemented healing factor in Wilson's body, temporarily regressing his cancer. Department K then formed an early installment of Weapon P.R.I.M.E. squad composed by Wilson, Sluggo, Kane and Slayback; they were later joined by Wade's girlfriend Vanessa Carlysle, codenamed Copycat. Under unknown circumstances, Wilson killed Slayback during a mission; his health then got worse and worse, so he was taken to the Hospice, a Weapon X Facility directed by Dr. Emrys Killebrew and his assistant Francis Fanny, codenamed Ajax. There, Killebrew and Ajax made terrible experiments on Wilson, who was also tortured by Ajax. Adopted the name Deadpool, Wade led a massive breakout from the Hospice, and the Canadian branch of Weapon X was shut down afterwards.
Meanwhile, criminal mastermind Romulus eventually decided to revamp a new iteration of Weapon X, again formed by Truett Hudson, a.k.a. Professor Thorton, F.B.I. scientist Dr. Abraham Cornelius and former N.A.S.A. operative Carol Hines. This installment, codenamed Experiment X, operated in a Department K Facility located near Roanoke in Alberta, Canada.
In the Abandoned Hope Universe, we have known that we were not alone in the world since 2012, due to the Incident. Aliens are real, powered individuals are possible, and anything else? It is the stuff of fiction, of Harry Potter novels and horror flicks. But of course, that is the public perception, largely due to the efforts of MI13, O.M.E.N., and S.H.I.E.L.D. The world just isn't ready to know about what else is real, causing the Altsoba Massacre to be deemed an event driven by religious paranoia and hallucinogenics. Nothing abnormal at all. Had the Incident been less public, it would have been covered up and hidden as well.
According to O.M.E.N. (the Organization for the Methodical Eradication of Necromantics), a being with supernatural and inhuman capabilities is called a necromantic. This can range from enhanced humans, such as Steve Rogers, all the way to the most darkest and complex of creatures, such as Azrael, the Angel of Death. And while this term is used in most government documents, there are other terms that are more specific and demonstrate improved understanding of the situation. The universe is a strange one, one that we can hardly understand.
Previously, any and all powers and abilities were simply referred to as deviances. If someone was perhaps a little odd, in that they could see things that others could not, perhaps that they could heal with a single touch, or that they were immune to flames, they were said to have a deviance. Years after the Altsoba Massacre, this definition was revoked and revised, as we realized that it is simply more complicated than that.
Deviances, as they are now understood, refer to (often) extraordinary abilities that distinguish someone from the average human. However, these are not differences on a biological or genetic level. While these can be small things, such as a sixth sense when it comes to healing and knowing what is wrong with the patient, it can be as dramatic as pyrokinesis. Deviances are a result of the shattering of the Cursed Flask in 1719, the shards which were recovered in 2018 by MI13. The flask's contents were said to grant immeasurable power, and with the contents mixing into the air in trace amounts, individuals can sometimes acquire slight abilities from exposure. There is currently no method of explaining why some people gain a deviance and others do not, however. This area of research is still relatively new.
Mutants, also called homo superior, are powered individuals who gain their abilities due to an X-gene. This gene is something that is simply part of their genetic makeup from birth. It can be activated when the individual is subjected to great stress, often during puberty or traumatic moments. It's important to understand that while a mutant's powers can be called a mutation, they were born mutants. They did not mutate throughout the course of their lifetime.
Mutates are those who, as the name implied, mutated to gain powers. This is often due to the presence of electromagnetic radiation outside of the visible spectrum. Encounters with radioactive waste would certainly qualify. It is possible for those with an X-gene to mutate when exposed to radiation or other materials, but it is uncommon and also effectively 'neutralizes' the X-gene.
Inhumans, also called inhomo supremis, are individuals who are descended by unfortunate souls who were experimented on and had their genetic code modified. This unorthodoxy in genetics can be activated through a process called terringenesis, in which the inhuman emerges from something akin to a cocoon with newfound abilities and powers.
- Gm Is Goddess
- Gm has final say on all matters
- Gm does check on posting and log in habits
- If you are holding up the RP and joining other Rp's you will be called on it
- CS Sheet Provided Must Be Used
- Use code provided below
- Do not submit WIP's - Final CS's only
- Post CS for approval in OOC
- Only GM approved CS's allowed in CS Tab
- Change color code to one not in use
- If you have problems with changing out the color code or any of the coding, just pm it to me and I will take care of it for you.
- May not use default CS color, any colors currently in use by active characters or that are close to another characters color
- This is a slice of life rp
- Real Life cause and effect will be in place
- Realistic Character Sheets Only
- Things like jobs and skills must fit with characters back story
- Don't go overboard - seriously, enjoy not knowing things and learning as you go.
- Language - No Filters
- Gore - No Filters - This will get gross
- Taboo subjects will be crossed but will be maintained to fade to black if needed
- Romance is allowed but this is NOT a Romance RP - Pg-13, then fade to black
- Follow All Forum Rules
- Communication is Key
- The world is controlled by the GM - All NPC's, weather, what you see, what you find, what happens, everything. So if it isn't in my post, it didn't happens
- If you wish your character to have "connections" please run it by the GM first to ensure it is acceptable and isn't already being done by another.
- Randomization and LLA are used in this RP - Please refer to Lady Amalthea's tutorial for a description if you are new to this concept
- Posting Habits
- Minimal of 2 well developed paragraphs per post
- Must IC post once every 7 days (It is your job to keep up with when you need to post. Your last post hits Day 8 and I remove you from the RP.)
- Under Extras put who your favorite Marvel character is.
- I do not accept no inspiration as a reason not to post
- Keep up with all IC and OOC posts
- No word in IC or OOC after 7 days is grounds for removal from the RP.
- If you need additional time to post you must notify the Gm by day 5 of your counter. Extensions will not be granted after that.
- No spamming OOC
- Minimal 2 posts between your last
- There is no additional time granted due to forum glitches unless the forum is fully down. A week to post is plenty of time even if the forum glitches a day or two
- Collabs may not be started after your day 5 counter
- If you are collabing and your partner vanishes or does not reply, you must finish the collab and post it before the timer runs out
- If your collab partner vanishes you are granted temporary minimal bunnying privileges to complete the collab
- If your collab partner vanishes, you need to make the Gm aware so it does not count against you
- Know your personal posting limitations before applying to join
- If you cannot post, you must contact the GM and make me aware, you will be granted extra time to post (do not take advantage of this) - I realize real life comes first but you know your schedule better than anyone, if you join it is your responsibility to keep up and not hold up the rest of the Rpers. I will work with you, just let me know what's going on
- Spots are not first come first serve
- Gm will review completed CS first
- Gm will review previous Rp's and posting habits
- Gm will then notify you if you are approved
- Character deaths will happen, no one is safe - it will be randomized and you will be notified when your death approaches. (This does not mean you are out of the RP, it will mean however you need to make a new character should you wish to continue - I recommend having Back Up Characters Ready)
- I am looking for long term highly dedicated Rpers.
- Once Cs's are approved, relation sheet will go up and must be completed and added to CS
- Rules and Cs sheet will be added to and changed as need be depending on problems or points that come up.
- Under Extras in your CS please post a link to a post you have done in the past to show you have read the rules. If You submit a CS without this it may be declined.
- Special - To New Comers To The Guild - Pm The Gm for a tid bit to add under extras instead
Below is the character sheet required for the RP.
[hr.][hr.][h1][b][i][color=???][center]Character's First And Last Name[/center][/color][/i][/b][/h1]
[b][color=???]Name:[/color][/b] (Full Name)
[b][color=???]Aliases:[/color][/b] (Nicknames, previous names)
[b][color=???]Birthday:[/color][/b] Month-Day, Year
[i][color=6ecff6][center][color=00a651]Positive Trait[/color] * [color=ed1c24]Negative Trait[/color] * [color=00a651]Positive Trait[/color] * [color=ed1c24]Negative Trait[/color] * [color=00a651]Positive Trait[/color] * [color=ed1c24]Negative Trait[/color][/center][/color][/i]
[b][color=???]Sexuality:[/color][/b] (What your character's true sexuality is, even though they may not be aware of it. This is set in stone when submitted, and a character deemed 1 sexuality may not flip to be attracted to something else later on)
[b][color=???]Personality:[/color][/b] Minimal 2 paragraphs that tells us how the characters mind works
[b][color=???]Habits:[/color][/b] Minimal 2
[b][color=???]Hobbies:[/color][/b] At least 1
[b][color=???]Fears:[/color][/b] 3 real fears that make your character unhinged (You will be expected to play to these fears. They will be noted by the Gm and used against you ~grins~)
[b][color=???]Likes:[/color][/b] 6 minimal
[b][color=???]Dislikes:[/color][/b] 6 minimal
[hr.][center][img]Character Image[/img][/center][hr.][h3][b][i][color=???][center]Cards On The Table[/center][/color][/i][/b][/h3]
[b][color=???]General World Skills:[/color][/b] Max 6
[b][color=???]Combat Skills:[/color][/b] Max 4 - Keep things realistic! Keep in mind the age of your characters when filling this section. Most will probably still be learning how to use their powers in a fight.
This is generally the list of items that you own, just list your characters possessions.
[b][color=???]How did you discover your powers:[/color][/b] Minimal 1 well developed paragraph
[b][color=???]General History:[/color][/b] Minimal 4 well developed paragraphs. This is your life up until the point that the RP starts.
[b][color=???]Character Quote:[/color][/b] Something they say a lot or live by
[b][color=???]Theme Song:[/color][/b] What would be playing when they walk up if we were in a movie?
[b][color=???]Anything Else:[/color][/b] Read the rules to check for what you need to include here
[sub][color=ed1c24]*By submitting this CS in its completion I am stating I have read all the rules for this Rp and am agreeing to follow them to the fullest with respect and courtesy. I acknowledge that I can and will be removed from the RP without warning if I break a rule or cause problems with my fellow Rpers or the GM.[/color][/sub][/hider]