Ragna AlvisdattirDarke Name:
Palace of the Land of Long NightsResidence:
Ramblings Room 6184Gender:
Land of Long NightsEducation:
Bard Training and Court EtiquettePosition:
5 feet, 4 inchesWeight:
Ears pierced Personal Style:
She generally wears dresses or nicer clothing of any color. Sometimes she wears tunics and pants, but more often than not she wears a dress of some variety. Sometimes she'll wear a dark colored cloak to go along with her outfits, but she tries to dress for comfort, while still being able to move around in order to be able to perform. Sylvi avoids any sort of outfit that might hinder her musical abilities in any way.
Hard-Working * Deceitful * Kind * Impulsive * Imaginative * ArrogantSexuality:
Sylvi is a hard working person, there is no way you can easily deny that. She doesn't let her past or her family decide what she is capable of, she does what she wants, and works to accomplish her goals. She can be deceitful, lying about things no matter what it was , but most importantly, she tends to lie about her family, and her connections back home in the Land of Long Nights. Sylvi is kind, she will be nice to whoever she meets, giving them a smile and helping them out if they need it.
The problem is, she can seem a bit impulsive, especially when it comes to the different decisions that she makes, like on a whim, she left her life behind, so this sort of showed that she tends to do things on impulse without thinking them through. She has always been imaginative, writing music and performing, she generally uses her imagination in anyway she can, if possible. Sylvi is also a bit arrogant, especially when it comes to her music. She thinks that she can perform better than others, and this arrogance of hers could prove problematic, but not too bad for whoever she's around.Habits:
Humming, tapping her fingersHobbies:
Singing, song writingFears:
- Losing her voice
- Song Writing
- Watching other musicians perform
- Being told that she is a horrible performer
- Being told what to do
- Court Etiquette - The knowledge of how to act with regards to the Castle's Royal Family and other visiting nobles. This includes awareness of proper manners of address and customs.
- Foreign Customs - the ability to adapt to the mannerisms of cultures and customs of other lands without causing offense.
- Running - The ability to run long distances at speeds greater than those unskilled.
- Persuasion - The ability to convince someone of something, whether it is true or false.
- Spirit-Seer - The power to see a ghost, even if they do not choose to Appear to you. This ability cannot be turned off - it is involuntary. Ghosts will not realize that you can see them unless you tell them so.
- Snow Survival Skills - the knowledge of how to survive in a frigid and freezing climate, including construction of makeshift shelter and the ability to survive in life threatening temperatures.
- Cultural Knowledge (Land of Long Nights) - the knowledge of the practices and customs of the Land of Long Nights, as well as the general structure of its society. The user is more skilled and verse in culture through this skill than they would be in the generic form, the Country Knowledge skill. However, this skill cannot be used in order to navigate between different locations of that country.
What Is On Your Person:
- Sword Fighting - Proficiency with a blade longer than 14 inches in combat, including the general rules of etiquette for dueling.
- Bardic Music - The ability to enhance others abilities through performance.
- Bardic Magyk - the ability to use a unique Magyk, connected to music and sound, with strength in illusions and healing
- Jack of All Trades - Ability to pick up minor skills in just about anything.
- Bardic Knowledge - Ability to pick up random bits and pieces of knowledge about myths, legends, and important figures from their travels.
- Performance (Singing) - Ability to perform using their voice, can be used to make money, or to just entertain others.
- Clothing - Blue dress with a black cloak that both appear to be travel worn, as well as travelling shoes.
- Papers with song lyrics in them in a bag she tends to carry around.
- Spare Clothing
- More papers with song lyrics
- Spare Rapier
- Books about myths and history
Originally, Sylvi had a different path, one that was a lot less fun and exploration ridden. The path of a Crown Princess, however, she felt deep in her heart that she could not follow that path, she wanted more out of her life, and she had always felt drawn to the ways of music. She went off to learn the ways of the bard, in order to find her true place in the world, as she had always felt like she never belonged.General History:
Sylvi was born with a different name, Ragna Alvisdattir, Crown Princess of the Land of Long Nights. That was the life that she was born into, and the life she was expected to have until she took over and became Queen. That sort of thing was not one that she could handle, but she had to deal with it, as it was what she was told was her true path, the ways she would always known. Her parents were generally calm, caring to her, but they never understood why she tended to avoid any sort of lessons she was given, except for one that is.
Music had always been a major draw for her, something she excelled at. Sylvi was known to have a beautiful singing voice, and she happily went to any musical instruction she was given. When she met a bard by the name of Galerus she knew that was her true calling. He taught her much about how a Bard's Song could be used to strengthen others. She was mystified by it but her parents wanted her to be the Queen. She was 15 years old at the time when she decided to pack up her things and runaway from home.
The world outside of her home was much different, but she eventually found Galerus again, as he had left the Kingdom a few months before hand, and she joined up with him. Eventually, he taught her everything she needed to know in order to master the Bardic Music, as he had started to teach her some while he was visiting her home. She enjoyed his company, but eventually, they parted ways, and Sylvi, know using the name Sylvi the Bard, decided to make her way to the Small Wet Country Across the Sea, as she had never really been there before.
Ever since leaving her home, she's been performing in order to make money, so she settled into the Ramblings when she arrived at the Castle. It was very different from where she grew up, but she was getting used to it, it was her home now, and she was curious about everything that was happening around the Castle.Thoughts on Queen Meliscente:
Sylvi knew of Queen Meliscente, and that the two nations were somewhat strong allies. She doesn't really know who killed her, but she doubts that the new Queen had anything to do with it. Just about anyone could have caused her death if it wasn't an illness, though Sylvi herself believed that it probably was a sickness or something that took her life. She was more of neutral towards the Queen, not thinking much about her.
"Music is the best, way better than the life I used to have."Theme Song: Zelda Medley- Lindsey StirlingAnything Else:
Dr. Strange; X-Men: Darkness Rising*By submitting this CS in its completion I am stating I have read all the rules for this Rp and am agreeing to follow them to the fullest with respect and courtesy. I acknowledge that I can and will be removed from the RP without warning if I break a rule or cause problems with my fellow Rpers or the GM.