Closed for now
- Female but equally comfortable playing male or female characters
- Violence: almost always - nonnegotiable
- Other mature themes: depends on your comfort level
- Interested in 1x1's and small groups.
- 2-4 paragraphs/reply is the sweet spot (imo) for progressing the narrative, maintaining interest, and allowing other characters a chance to react. (Willing to adjust)
- Your reply length is mostly up to you, but remember quality over quantity. Also, not seeking RPs with less than a paragraph/reply average.
- Uncomfortable playing with users under 18 IRL. Thanks for understanding
- If you feel I didn't provide enough for you to reply to, you were wondering if we could take the story in a different direction, etc., you won't hurt my feelings. We should both be having fun!
- I aim for at least one reply per day on average but I will let you know if I won't be able to reply for more than two or three days.
Plots and Pairings
- Conflict ==> uh, FUNflict.. I adore conflict, unequal power dynamics, violence, struggles and stubborn or psychopathic characters in role play.
- Typically play aggressive personality types. If I play a meeker character it will require learning-curve patience from you.
- Characters coming from different backgrounds provide enjoyable contrast
- I like to occasionally make use of NPCs depending on the plot and you are welcome to do the same. If they are adversaries, sometimes dice rolls can keep things fair.
- Just because we may not be a good fit doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with you or me - with your writing or my writing. We just don't fit and that's ok.
- Willing to do fandom role plays IF we use the universe with original characters, not the cannon characters.
- All the obvious things apply. Role play is give and take. No one has fun with overpowered characters.
- I like to tailor plots to fit both parties so below you'll find generalities but I'm of course willing to put in the work to help sculpt something more indepth and entertaining
Favorite Non-Fandom Genres:
- Dystopian Futures
Favorite Fandom Universes:
- Destiny (Video Game)
- Fallout (Video Game)
- Bioshock (Video Game)
- Lightbringer Series (Book)
- The Chronicles of the Unhewn Thrown (Book)
- Horizon: Zero Dawn (Video Game)
- Martian Chronicles-esque (Book)
Brief Synopses of Past Roleplays I've Enjoyed:
Over-protective AI makes human inhabitants' lives a living hell while doing whatever is required to 'keep them from harm'. This roleplay was done in space for extra isolation but it could also be done on earth in a subterranean setting. One person plays the AI/GM, while one or a few others work together playing the crew attempting to disable the AI or escape. Occasional dice rolls kept it unpredictable.
This was a 1x1 where I played a spoiled noble woman hiding intense cruelty hidden behind a polished exterior. Partner played a stubborn, hot-headed assassin who makes an attempt on her life but is caught by her guards. She chains him up in her chambers for her sick idea of fun trying to break his will.
Roles can easily be reversed. A curious human or fallen seeks to understand their enemy better - particularly confused and intrigued by the similarities shared between humanity and the Eliksni. The stalking character may form some sort of friendship with the other player - fighting through strained communication. Alternatively, the stalked party may capture the stalking party, adding extra difficulty to the interaction. The one time I ran this one, just as the human and fallen were reaching some sort of understanding, a roaming band of fallen found the two, thinking their fellow fallen's goal was to enslave and torture the guardian they 'helped' him restrain the human.
(to be developed if interest is expressed)
- Dealing with the psychological effects of isolation in space
- After being rejected, rejected kidnaps the rejecter, keeping them restrained in their basement as a last resort to have them or change their mind.
- For something more casual, it would be fun to roleplay as peasants/ordinary people complaining and having to recover from the collateral damage of some supposed 'hero'.
- Dystopian future with augmented humans
I'm primarily interested in non-fandom roleplays or video-game universe roleplays. I do most of my gaming on PS4 but I also play some PC so if you're looking for an in-game roleplay we can talk about that. I have Anime fandoms as well but I just don't see how these sorts of roleplays could be fun.
BUT, I'm always open to ideas. If you want to suggest something, hell, what's the worst that could happen. Of course, I wouldn't want you to do all the work alone so if I ask to modify your idea a little, it's only because I'm interested. Send me the genre you're interested in or a concept and we can work together until we agree on a plot.
I'm not a perfect writer. Quality will range but I always try my best to be dynamic. For your reference, here's an example post from a few days ago. I tried to find an average reply - not my best but not my worst - so you can have realistic expectations. It's a paragraph in length since I was attempting to maintain the pace of my partner:
A nerve on Mitra’s temple throbbed as she attempted to swallow down further infuriation elicited by the indifference from this stranger. However, her temper waned when the Hunter seemed to consider his own ghost. She mused over this, the cogs in her head slowly regaining speed. As she found herself beginning to grin it was instantaneously erased by a burst through her abdomen, the force knocking her back down. Though this time, she deliberately retained hold of her rifle as she fell – effective range be damned. Landing on her back, her eyes opened upon the sky above. No delay this time. There was no time for delay. She forced the grin to return as she used the last of her efforts to aim the rifle at Lighter, “is this your weak spot perhaps…” her words teased the air. Tasting the idea briefly though she would not feast upon it. She let go of a light chuckle which transformed into a cough of blood. It’s been a while she thought to herself, I hardly remember the feeling of dying. Though I’ll be back soon enough. Light be praised you had the brains to hide away for now Julius, lowering the unfired rifle, she allowed herself to lie down, embracing the faint feeling overwhelming her. Almost enjoying the pounding sting, she fought to resist the comfort of closing her eyes only as a formality.