Damien’s someone that once you’ve met, is pretty unforgettable. He likes to live it up and enjoys nothing more than crazy schemes at 2:30am with a group of accomplices, making impromptu trips to the mall, or going to the casino on the weekends to gamble away his last paycheck. He thinks he’s witty and there might be partial truth to that. However, he isn’t someone for the weak of heart or the sensitive, he finds fun getting other’s skin and even most of his friends have found themselves being driven up a wall by him at one time or another. Even more perplexing, is that despite how he might treat others on occasion, he thrives off attention and companionship. Gregarious to a fault, he would rather hang out with his worst enemy than spend ten minutes alone.
Damien finds humor even in the bleakest moments and refuses to be brought down by others pessimism. He will adapt, that is certain. He can put up a facade of confidence, even when he’s scared or uncertain. He can be quite shallow and judgemental, however, and more serious individuals may find his carefree behaviors exasperating.
That’s not to say that he’s always spontaneous and full of energy, however. There are periods where he feels like doing absolutely nothing. Like all the zest he showed before has suddenly been zapped from him and you’re left with a shell. He lets relationships and plans fall apart, he doesn’t want to do more than lay in bed and sleep. He still wants to hang out with others, but tends to be quieter and more like a shadow than a man. His apathy can be infuriating to those depending on him to get things done, and mind-boggling for his friends. He tends to spring back up from these periods quickly, but it can make living with him difficult. Likes and Dislikes: Likes:
- Rain on a clear day: There’s something magical about it being a crystal clear day, and then those few little drops of water come falling out of the sky and splatter onto the ground. It’s not exactly raining though, at least not a whole lot. It’s really just a sprinkle and Damien doesn’t know why he appreciates that so much, but he really does.
- Opinionated people: These kinds of people are fun to talk to. Some people might avoid confrontation, but those people are bland. Damien likes to hang around people he could have fun with, and someone with bold opinions is sure to be entertaining.
- Wearing bold makeup: If he’s going out, he’s going all out.
- Parties and other large social gatherings: If you couldn’t tell already, Damien’s extraverted and loves having company. The more, the merrier.
Reason for sharing the duplex?:
- Snow: Okay, Damien can't stand the snow. First off, nothing ruins a day faster when you get snow in your shoe and then your sOCK IS WET FOR THE REST OF THE DAY. Then you have to wear a coat over that cute outfit you spent so much time putting together and waddle your ass through the snow. Even worse, traffic is all backed up and no one’s getting anywhere.
- Being alone: Being alone is Damien’s kryptonite. He can’t stand it. He has to find someone to go bother. There’s nothing worse than being alone in Damien’s mind. You’re stuck there, alone, with no company other than yourself. Damien doesn’t know how some people can voluntarily shut themselves away like that. He tries to avoid this whenever possible.
- People who are passive and afraid to voice their own opinions: These people are generally boring in Damien’s opinion and not fun to talk to. Basically they’ll just agree with whatever you say and there’s no real conversation going on. Also they’re most likely going to spoil your fun every now and then because they’re usually responsible as well. Double yikes.
- Schedules: Actually coming up with a routine sounds like something a responsible adult would do; Damien is not a responsible adult.
First of all, Damien doesn't ever want to live alone, he's gonna drive himself crazy being cooped up without anyone else there to talk to. Yeah, no thanks.
Secondly, Damien is a broke college student who really didn't consider the tuition and costs of moving from Missouri all the way to California. He can't afford much right now, let alone a house.Room Aesthetic:
Damien’s room is tailored for comfort. We got the bean bag chairs, the fuzzy area rug, some of those plush throw blankets that are sliding off of the bed and onto the floor, we have some incense burning on the small wooden dresser. Three lava lamps all going at once because one wasn’t enough. It’s usually dark on his side of the room and you’re liable to trip on whatever crap he’s got laying on the floor because he’s too lazy to pick it up. His bed is actually one of those couches that folds out into a bed and while usually those beds are really uncomfortable to sleep on, he has so many blankets and pillows that he could probably sink into them and no one would know where he was. Backstory:
Damien had a relatively normal childhood: he never knew his father, but doesn't really have an itching to seek him out, he had a stable, if slightly distant relationship with his mom, and an older half-brother who Damien still isn't sure he understands completely, despite growing up with him all his life.
Growing up in downtown Kansas City, there was a lot of crime and it wasn’t really the ideal place to raise two young boys. Damien admires his mother for raising them all by herself, but growing up, he certainly didn’t make it easy for her. He fell in with a rough crowd of kids during his teenage years; vandalizing people’s sheds, sneaking into bars, and more was the order for the night. Fights weren’t unusual back then and neither was bringing a boy home for the night while his mother was working overtime. As he reflects on it, a lot of dumb mistakes were made that he wishes he could erase now. As he grew older he realized that he was making some bad choices that could very possibly ruin the rest of his life. He wanted to turn his life around, but felt as though it was too late. It wasn’t until he had a heart-to-heart conversation with his brother (Who up until this point was embarrassed and disappointed in Damien) that he felt the courage to make change in his life and make amends. Leaving his old friends was hard for him to do, as cutting people out of your life can often be, but his brother had urged him that it was necessary. When he looks back at it now, being successfully enrolled at a nice 4-year college all the way across the nation, Damien can only fathom what would have happened if he never left.