Monalisa Alyssandria WindriderDarke Name:
Just outside of Die Baie RingstadResidence:
Wherever her horse isGender:
Mediteranian Sea BlieHair:
Dark BrownSkin Tone:
Ears pierced multiple timesPersonal Style:
Her hair is a wild mess of curls that usually defies taming. She keeps the mess from her face with some sort of scarf or headband. While she wears dresses, usually of a moss green, bark brown, or lilac color, she prefers garments that are easy to move in. So she tends to wear boy's tunics (of similar colors to her dresses) belted at the waist and leggings of a dark color. Her boots are well worn leather that come up to the knee and with a slight heel on them. She is also quite fond of jewelery, often wearing earrings, rings, bracelets and necklaces which compliment her outfit.
Amiacable * Rash * Supportive * Scatterbrained * Spendthrift * NosySexuality:
She is an optimistic and outgoing being. Love, sunshine, rainbows and all that happy sappy stuff. She can be a bit naive about people in that she always gives them the benefit of the doubt, despite perhaps evidence otherwise. And even when cheated, as long as an apology is given she is likely to forgive and forget. However, this can only happen so many times before she becomes cold and sharp with the person. Having grown up constantly traveling she is always looking out for a good deal and is fantastic at haggling. She can discern the value of an item quite easily and isn't afraid to say if she is feeling cheated.
Most other times she is a bit of an airhead. She can forget things easily and often daydreams about grand adventures. This can get her in trouble when she has paused far too long at the washing or cooking. The tribe has had to eat a partially burnt meal due to this carelessness here and there. Because she dreams so often, when someone shares their hopes and desires with her she is instantly ready to help them along their way to greatness. Even if this is not the best thing for the person. She is unlikely to ever talk a person down from a bad idea if it is something they want to do. Mona is a bit of a gossip as well. If there is something to be heard or known she is all ears. She tends to eavesdrop as well, not with any malice, but because such juicy stories add to her repertoire of daydreams.Habits:
Stopping at corners to see if she can hear some delicious something or another, singing or humming while working (she happens to have a lovely voice), and joining in kids games if she should see them playing - even despite being in a current conversation with someone else.Hobbies:
Spinning thread, knitting, sewing, jewelry making, dancing, and singingFears:
- Wind in her hair
- New Adventures
- Working with stones
- A good stew filled with meats and vegetables
- Any sort of weather... well, except the most severe such as tornados
- Undercooked food
- Getting stuck in the mud - though, she loves playing in the mud!
- Rodents or insects getting into food stores
- Forests - not enough room to maneuver
- Performance (Singing) - Ability to perform using their voice, can be used to make money, or to just entertain others.
- Knots - The knowledge of a great variety of knots, such as survival knots and knots used for rigging on vessels.
- Riding - The ability to ride a horse at twice the speed of an unskilled rider. This includes trick riding and basic care for the horse.
- Jewels - The ability to identify the type of jewel by using one's five senses, including determining if it is genuine or not. This also includes the ability to create crafts with them, such as jewelry.
- Haggling - The ability to dispute or bargain persistently, especially over the cost of something.
- Public Speaking - The ability to communicate with others without losing one's cool.
- Alcohol Tolerance - The ability to hold one's liquor when others fail to do so.
- Country Knowledge (the Big Wild Land Over the Ocean) - The knowledge of the general geography of the Big Wild Land Over the Ocean. This includes the ability to find a path from one location to another, as well as a knowledge of the culture and customs of that country.
- Moedertaal - The user has complete fluency, able to read, write, and communicate in the language of the Big Wild Land Over the Ocean.
- Basic Creature Handling - The ability to keep creatures at bay without drawing blood and to intuitively understand a creature's intentions.
What Is On Your Person:
- Lyte Witch Magyk - The ability to use Magyk in harmony with nature and the universal forces. This form of Magyk does not allow for harm to be caused or the performance of other malevolent acts.
- Divination - The ability to predict the future through the use of specially carved runes. This includes a Three Rune Cast and a Nine Rune Cast, as well as the ability to read runic writings.
- Astronomy - The knowledge of the movements of celestial bodies and their impact on Magyk.
- Potions - The ability to turn Magyk into a liquid form by mixing together various ingredients.
- Scream - A weapon used in harmony and disharmony by at least two or more witches, causing the victim to become still and compliant.
- FootFollowing - The ability to perfectly retrace a target's steps, as long as they can find three footprints. The downside is that they cannot stop until they reach their target, no matter what.
- Grasp - The ability to plunge someone into a trance through touch.
- Clothes including work and formal wear
- Jewelers Kit - Pliers, Wire Cutters, Needle and Thread, Clasp, Ruler, Wire, Ball Pein Hammer, File, Loupe, and Scale
- Necklace giving her some charm through her own Magykal ability - Helps in haggling and persuasion
- A tome depicting all sort of stones, including rare gems
- Her "Belgian" horse, Constance
- Flint and steel
- Thick wool, waxed cloak
- A Bag of money equivalent to $50 American dollars
- 10 days rations - jerky, cheese, bread, and some apples
- Waxed tarping
- A small tent
- Maps of the regions
- Skinning knife
In her tribe of Windriders, there is a family of White Witches. Their abilities tending toward the more natural side of things - plants, herbalism, potions. However, Mona's abilities tended to connect more with rock and stone. She could breathe spells, charms really, into whatever piece of jewelry she created. This did not mean she did not understand or have these abilities, just that her specialty was with stone, as her family's was with plant. General History:
She was born to a tribe of nomads, the Windwalkers. The moved as the breeze and the greenery demanded. In her first few year, she had never seen the snow. Because her family was communal she had no specific mother or father nor any sense of true brother or sister. Eceryone was together as a whole. While, for most, this may seem confusing but it was al she had known growing up. Adults decided on which youngsters would marry whom. In her teenage year, she was briefly engaged to a young man who was, just half a year later, gored by a buffalo like a creature upon the plains. Since then she has advocated for herself, saying that if she is to marry it will be to bring fresh blood into the tribe. After her to be husbands death no one objected. In their minds, she was a widower.
Her first true connection with stones happened at the age of four. She had found a smooth opal in a market and the pair conversed for a few minutes in front of a man's stall before he shooed her away. Talking to rocks was not about to bring the wealthy who could afford his wares about. She went back with coin and bought the opal. It was a couple of years before she sold the stone. She had spent time learning the wireworking and threading that went into making jewelry. The necklace she had made was extravagant and it was bought quickly by a young man wishing to gain a woman's favor. From that moment onwards she knew that she would forever be a jeweler.
Upon attaining her twentieth year she has decided to travel about, on her own. She wishes to gain experiences and learn new things to bring back to the tribe. She has declared she is a Windwalker through and through. She has no plans to leave them permanantely. But Mona feels, in order to find her true place n life she must do as nomads often do, and wander. On her own, she works with jewels and sells the subsequent jewelry which grants the wearer some bit of Magyk. A necklace to allow you to speak to others better, a ring that makes you more beautiful, or a bracelet to enhance your creative skills. Her abilities bring out the best in people through her craft.Thoughts on the Sickenesse:
"The Sickness? Well, I couldn't be sure. I ain't no doctor or nothin. I imagine its something like the difference between the poor and the rich. One is more likey to get sick due to some reason or another. I work with metal and gems. Not people. That question be best axed of a doctor."
In regards to the world: "Look honey, I just live in it."Theme Song:Anything Else: roleplayerguild.com/posts/4856476
Morwen*By submitting this CS in its completion I am stating I have read all the rules for this Rp and am agreeing to follow them to the fullest with respect and courtesy. I acknowledge that I can and will be removed from the RP without warning if I break a rule or cause problems with my fellow Rpers or the GM.