Snake's Gambit Real Name:
Norinaga Sawada was born into the prominent Oedo Clan, one of the top Yakuza families native to Shinjuku. His father, Noriaki Sawada was the leader, or Kumicho of the clan during his early childhood. However, after an accident led to Noriaki becoming a paraplegic, it was decided that Norinaga was to begin being groomed to become the next Kumicho.
The boy was against it at first due to the bullying he endured for having connections to the yakuza, though after a heart to heart with his father he agreed to take up the mantle. His training was extensive, from martial arts to manipulation but the subject he excelled in was gambling. He was a natural at reading body language and could often find someone's tell in the first round of play. However it wasn't until he entered high school that he really got a taste for it.
During his last few years of manditory education, Norinaga had all but taken over his high school. Known as the Pit Viper to the small gangs within its walls, he was known to show no mercy to those who angered him. Instead he let "Fate" decide. Those he punished would be forced to play a game of his choosing. It could have been anything from blackjack to an altered version of russian roulete, it didn't matter to him. Some believed he was nothing but a cheater but, those who actually played against him said he had the devil's own luck with what he got away with.
His desire for gambling grew immesily, always risking higher and higher stakes. It wasn't until he challenged Saiko Nakamura, the grand-daughter of the Nekomatta group's Kumicho that he discovered the true thrill of risk. They had decided upon a simple game of poker, loser had to fulfill one request from the winner. Whatever request. He legitimately believed that he had her. A Straight Flush in his hands, the chances of her hand being better were practically zero so he went all in. Only to be crushed by her Royal Flush. Caught completely off guard, he didn't know what to do. All he could do was gape at the brunette before him.
As for Saiko's request. She told him to take a razor to one of his eyes. He wanted to deny such an outragous request but as the reality began to sink in, he grew excited. Saiko was sure he had cracked under the pressure, especially with the hysterical laughter that was coming from him. Still laughing, Norinaga took his house keys from his pocket and slashed the right side of his own face, carving a jagged line across his eye and and eyebrow.
After the incident, Noriaki all but forced his son into the arms of a Psychiatrist, Dr. Naomasa. The doctor encouraged Norinaga to find new ways to feed his addiction that weren't likely to physically affect him. So the young man turned toward online gaming, it held a controlled risk that helped but did not truly sate his desire. It wasn't until Talrae was announced, with its high level of realism and specific subclass of the gambler that he found something that he was sure would feed the fire. He was soon proven right.Class:
(Gambler later on)Health:
50 + 5Intelligence:
Exotic (Melee) Weaponry Wielding: 20 (+ 20%)Actions:
Light Step: 20
Bounty (1/Universal) - User gains D10 extra Renn whenever they receive Renn from GM. Passive.Equipment:Steel Kusarigama (Common)
Greater Bounty (5/Universal) - User gains D10 extra Renn whenever they receive Renn from GM. Stacks with Bounty. Passive.
Grand Bounty (10/Universal) - User gains D10 extra Renn whenever they receive Renn from GM. Stacks with Bounty and Greater Bounty. Passive.
Ultimate Bounty (15/Universal) - User gains D10 extra Renn whenever they receive Renn from GM. Stacks with Bounty and Greater Bounty. Passive
Unseen Threat (1/Rogue) - User gains +10% overall damage bonus whenever they deal damage while being unseen by the target. Passive.
Crippling Strike (10/Rogue) - User slashes at target's legs, dealing moderate bladed damage and disabling their movement for 30 seconds. 300MP.
Coup De Grace (15/Rogue) - Can only be used on targets that have been disabled, stunned or rooted. User immediately teleports next to the target to deliver a fatal strike. 1% chance to instant-kill target, 99% chance to deal 1/3rd of target's current HP. 400MP.
Action Cost: 6 - Cool Down: 6 minutes
Exsanguinate (15/Rogue) - Melee weapon Users only. User deals low bladed damage to a target and causes target to take medium damage over two minutes. If target has already been affected by Exsanguinate, regain full MP cost and refresh duration. 200MP.
Action Cost: 4 - Cool Down: 2 minutes
Affinity to Exotic Weapons (15/Rogue) - User gains +20% Exotic Weapon Wielding Skill. Passive.
- ThrowableSturdy Clothes (Common)Light's Bane Cloak (Uncommon)
- Hide + 5Warrior's Foot Wraps (Uncommon)
- Unarmed Attacks +10%Cutthroat's Gloves (Uncommon)
- Agi + 5Sharpshooter's Hat (Uncommon)
- Accuracy +3%Wilding Earcuff (Uncommon)
- Accuracy +7%Bonus:
- +3,000 Renn