This RP comes from two main sources - one being my own ADHD-like imagination, and two, which was in turn stimulated by the Night Lords
Omnibus by Aaaron Demski-Bowden; anyone who has read this brilliant trilogy will likely know why I decided to start this RP (except on a whim...like most every RP I ever begin), and very possibly know what sort of thing to expect. It was wise of him to choose the Night Lords Legion, a legion not known for massive corruption by Chaos, like the Alpha Legion in that respect, but also one that could
include corrupted Astartes and does. His 'straight man', the protagonist Talos, also helped to show the entire thing in a more humane light...at least for a book based on a Chaos Legion.
Alas, this is not a book review but an RP, so I should get on with it.
This RP could well be considered a reverse-Deathwatch RP, or anti-Deathwatch if you prefer, and the opening IC post will show and explain why.
Some base information would probably help, so here it is;
- This RP takes place after the most recent 'Fall of Cadia' setting, Chaos forces and Warbands entering real-space in their thousands due to the 13th Black Crusade, but now without a static gate back into the Eye of Terror. Imperial forces are all over the place, as are Chaos forces to be honest, things are chaotic (no pun intended!) for both factions and in-between the black and white areas anything could happen.
- Characters will be Traitor or Renegade Astartes.
- Your character need not be corrupted by the Chaos Gods, but must have been part of the 13th Black Crusade in one way or another - we're going to begin on a planet and in the thick of it. No, not Cadia.
- You don't need to PM me your character sheet, but if you'd like me to give it a once-over/discuss it, then please do; the template is in the Character Tab.
- I hope for this to be a more 'realistic' look at the Chaos Legions; how a lack of resources and cohesion effects them, how coming from differing legions changes their mindset, what being eaten away by supernatural powers might do to them and so on. 'Realism' as far as a sci-fi Grimdark setting can go anyway.
If you've any questions then please ask them, I abhor people who don't bother asking and then get annoyed when I ask them to change something.