Open: PM Hostess first!
Open: PM Hostess first!
Inspiration for the role play
- The inspiration for this role play is the motion picture "World War Z".
- The "infected" in our story -- called "Rabids" (and further explained elsewhere) -- will move, react, and attack in a similar behavior to the "infected" from the movie.
- However, the similarities may end there; I haven't decided every detail yet.
- Specifically, the Rabids don't avoid unhealthy people, as did the "infected" in the movie.
- Additionally, other alternative Rabid "behaviors" may be discovered as the game progresses.
- I am female, therefore, I use "her", "hers", and "she" in OOC explanations.
- That doesn't mean this game is only for females, though.
- Both genders are invited to play.
- And each gender is permitted -- even encouraged -- to play characters of both genders.
- The date: March 2024.
- The location: Springville, population 1 million.
- Over the past few days, mayhem has erupted across the globe.
- Last night, that mayhem reached Springville.
- The cause of this mayhem is now understood to be a virus.
- This virus causes people to act like wild animals: to act "rabid".
- They attack other people, killing and eating them.
- Because of the behavior of the infected, the virus has come to be called "Rabies 2.0"
- People attacked but not killed may become Rabids.
Your initial mission: survive!
- Each player begins with 1 character.
- You may create additional characters later.
- Your character's initial mission is simply to survive.
- She will need to establish a Safe Zone if she doesn't already have one.
- She will need to accumulate resources, called her Inventory.
- Resources run out, obviously; you will need to find more.
- Leaving your Safe Zone to find more resourses, however, can be dangerous, even deadly.
An optional mission: thrive!
- Surviving might not be enough for most characters; thriving might be more desirable.
- Your character could go beyond surviving and create a Safe Zone that is a flourishing home or even a community filled with other survivors.
- These survivors can be secondary characters played by you, primary characters played by other writers, or primary or secondary characters written by me.
- More characters means a need for accumulating more resources.
- Or it could mean creating more resources: power could be generated; crops could be grown; products could be fabricated; and children -- a resource to many -- could be conceived, born, raised, and nurtured.
- Again, leaving your Safe Zone to accomplish all of this can be dangerous, even deadly.
- Additionally, having such a Safe Zone or Community could draw unwanted attention from other survivors who will want what you have … and might just try to take it for themselves.
- But in the end, it will all be worth it … won't it?
Secondary Characters: Allies and Sacrificial Lambs
- There are some advantages to having others surrounding you.
- More eyes and ears means less surprises.
- Also, if danger should arise, your character is less likely to be the first one harmed.
- "Sacrificial lambs" will protect you from both Rabids and Invaders (survivors who want your stuff).
- These Lambs need resources of their own. Fortunately, they provide labor. Whether or not they are an asset or a liability will depend on many things yet to be explained.
Joining the game: on time or late, doesn't matter
- I will open the game to characters ASAP.
- The first couple of IC (role play) days will likely take many OOC (real world) days to complete.
- Because of this, "late" players won't hardly be late at all.
- A player joining during the game 2 or 3 OOC weeks after it's started might only be 2 or 3 IC days late.
- I can get your "late" character caught up with the IC time line in a flash.
- All characters initially begin in a neighborhood (or building) set apart from the other characters.
- Therefore, an "early" character and a "late" character can initially be in separate time lines without causing one another grief.
- Trust me, this'll work.
- Ultimately, all characters will be roughly in the same time line; different players' characters will be able to interact with characters from other players, if you want. (Interaction is NOT a must, only an option.)
If this still sounds interesting to you...
- Let's get you started.
- PM me so we can get to know one another. (Please title you PM "Joining Rabies 2.0" to make my management of my PM box easier.)
- After we have talked, we'll get you started.