Post-op, cybernetic implant surgery...
- Using the provided template, please create a character sheet and post it here.
- All other posts to the OOC tab. Thanks.
Possible Character Concepts
- Talent - At least one human with paranormal abilities; telekinesis, pyrokinesis, telepathy...something of that nature. We're talking about a one in a thousand. This person probably won't be as heavily augmented as some of the others, but the augs they do possess will be the kind that boost their abilities...and probably turn them somewhat twitchy and unstable.
- Warden - A former law enforcement officer (preferably a detective/federal law enforcement type) that was scapegoated for a scandal that involved some sort of coverup of what was actually responsible. This dishonored individual was, perhaps, maimed in the process. They might well be working as a consultant or private investigator. They understand how government works; perhaps part of a DOJ task force investigating corruption that went awry of the vampires.
- Fixer - An ex-criminal of some sort, working for a cartel or organization as a specialist, perhaps as a high tech burglar or smuggler. This person knows the streets, the corruption of people, how to grease palms and get things through security. They know how people are connected in the underworld and where to put the pressure on. These sorts of organizations are often used as fronts for the vampires and their more unsavory activities, such as feeding. Perhaps this character got in too deep, objected and was left for dead. The Vigil is not an organization concerned with legality -- it is at war, and a soldier that knows the enemy is valuable.
- Face - someone, probably a woman, that caught the attentions of a vampire that prized her looks and social grace, but was overcome by his urges and left her bleeding somewhere, clinging barely to life when the Vigil found her. She had a high flying social life and a respected career, perhaps as a lawyer or a corporate executive or even an actress or known personality before the event. Her skills, her ability to control herself and put on a persona allows her to smooth her way into places where a hundred men with guns would be foiled. Her ability to manipulate people with the pheromone and emotional manipulation implants she has received have taken her natural talents at persuasion and turned her irresistible.
- Come up with something and make it yours -- that's always a good sign. ;)
Also, here is a list of sample mods and equipment (feel free to invent stuff):
- Cybermod: Communications suite, HUD and neural-computer, all standard issue – Vigil agents are able to text by thinking it among each other on a heavily encrypted wireless network. In fact, the computer works off brain impulses and is easily one of the most sophisticated and useful implants they have; what's more, its capabilities have yet to be fully exploited. The downside of this implant is that it includes a cortex bomb with an anti-tampering device. A captured agent can set it off, destroying the hardware inside, or a signal from control can do the same. This is to prevent the enemy from learning the capabilities of implanted agents.
- Cybermod: Internal air supply and aerial toxin filter -- this also has the added advantage of making the agent immune to vampire pheromones, as some types of vampires are known to use this to seduce their prey.
- Cybermod: Blood/liquid toxin filter -- the obvious is at work here -- vampires use their blood as a means of controlling mortals, and this system (and everyone, even non field agents, in the Vigil organization have this implant) screens out one of most subtle weapons a vampire has, rendering them functionally immune to being controlled through ingested blood the way mortal thralls of a vampire might be.
- Cybermod: Eye augmentation; a HUD showing all sorts of system data, such as the status of implants, as well as allowing for low-light and ultra-sound modes of vision, the latter being thought to be more effective than thermographics when dealing with vampires, who tend to run cold if they haven't fed lately.
- Equipment: Mimetic Camouflage (Predator) coat, though this is designed to look more like a trenchcoat -- no doubt some project engineer with a penchant for the dramatic, or an interest in fashion design. The coat is actually stylish, which serves a dual purpose as vampires tend to dress stylishly and surround themselves with the stylishly dressed. This allows Vigil agents one more edge. Of course, they call it the Predator Coat. Because the engineers are geeks. (This is a standard issue Vigil item)
- Equipment: Modular, caseless assault rifle/carbine. Bullpup, caseless ammunition, synched with existing implants and capable of mounting a variety of accessories including a 25mm grenade launcher whose munitions range from conventional high explosive to nano-guided scattered mines. It also syncs with HUD implants for improved accuracy in a mechanism similar to a bluetooth link. The trigger is electric and the weapon includes a biometric security system; anyone but someone authorized to handle it and it will blow; that is a standard feature on most any weapon the Vigil has in service with its teams. (This is a standard issue Vigil item)
- Equipment: A number of electronic accessories, including a PDA tablet and other items to assist in making physical connection with computer equipment. (This is a standard issue Vigil item)
- Equipment: Grenades, mostly white phosphorus. The organization has designed a 'grenade' that involves a strobing UV light that damages vampires -- it is known as 'the disco ball'.
You can be as lengthy or succinct as you want, but the character info we need is the character's history of vampire encounters, a brief description of their abilities and role and any additional biographic details you want to add. This can be done in a single paragraph. Should include an overview of cybernetic modifications that support their role on the kill-team.