: Alicia HaydenAge (Magical Girl)
: 15Age (Before Magical Girl)
FemaleGender (Before Magical Girl)
: Light - Alicia can fire beams of light to attack with modest attack power, single targeting, and long range. Can use a blazing sword of light in melee. Can use spells that see through deceptions like illusions, good at finding things, and capable of Purification (between Fire and reinforcement). At an advanced level she can force others to reveal secrets to her.
Out of costume she is always aware of when people lie to her, with the potential to become more powerful. Weapon:
Ranged, BowStar Seraph - An ornately decorated longbow with ammunition both magical and ordinary. It provides quit a bit of a wallop at full draw, to punch through armor and flesh. It makes up for the comparatively low speed of the weapon when it is being used, though she can augment that with magic to increase the firing speed of her weapon and even throw out multiple arrows at once. Power
- Specializes in suppression, casting a lot of small spells in a row, and she can add secondary explosions to her larger spells. Perks
: Enhanced Outfit
- An improved uniform that channels magic better, and provides serious protection to the point of shrugging off axes and heavy weapons fire. Sorcery
- Alicia has experience with the mystical art of Hoodoo, which she can even teach to normal people after some lessons. It also lets her use magic when untransformed. Interdimensional Tourist
- Alicia knows a traveler from another dimension who lends a hand when she needs it, giving her a place to crash, offering fake ID's, pretending to be her parents, etc. Get out of jail
- When imprisoned or trapped Alicia can rarely choose to teleport to a random safe location, which is guaranteed to have the supplies or facilities she needs to recover. Easy return and the area remaining safe past arrival are not guaranteed. Blood Magic
- Magic can be fueled with health rather than Mana, though obviously this can be dangerous to your general well beingWings
- Alicia's magical girl outfit has been graced with Wings, allowing her to glide from any height as well as fly (albeit with some difficulty)Patron
: BeaconPatron Benefits
- With a small exertion of will Alicia can resist attempts to alter her mind or bodyPerfect Life
-The Beacon gives you the Fake Parents perk, and will defend them from monsters.Gifted Item
- For her service to them in the Justine crisis, Beacon has given Alicia a Mystic Artifact in the form of an ornamental scythe that allows her to see glimpses of the past, present, or future related to whatever she wants to know. Patron Drawbacks
: Vow of Patience
- Alicia vows to show forgiveness and be merciful to those who do wrong, Build a sense of peaceful stability and harmony, resolve issues and arguments respectfully, and act with a forbearance that comes from moderationExcommunication
- Don't play by the Beacon's rules, get kicked out and killed on sight. No cooperating with Horrrors, dark magical girls, monsters, or the Ebon Mint, no using Black Coins, no killing other Beacon girls.Fighting Style:
Alicia is primarily a ranged fighter par excellence. She will hang back and provide support for melee fighters, taking out mobs and backing up her allies with powerful magic. If fighting solo she will do her best to keep her distance, hammering away at her opponent and wearing them down until she can shift to the offensive and deliver the coup de main with an overwhelming onslaught of magical force. This is augmented by her blood magic, allowing her to keep up the fight for far longer than your average magical girl and ensuring that the strategy is effective by maintaining a consistent power output for longer.
If she is pulled into melee she will use her magic to fight defensive and look for an opportunity to return to long range, or for her opponent to make a mistake so she can finish the fight right then and there.Stats (Untransformed)
: These start at 3. CYOA options indicate if they apply out of costume as well.
LCK: 3Stats (Transformed)
: These start at 4.
: Alicia does her best to live up to the virtue that she has taken on as part of Beacon, and she would consider herself a fairly patient person who does not relish the thought of violence. Nonetheless she will approach conflict with a firm conviction, even if she tries to look for alternative paths when possible. Putting civilians and the uninvolved in danger is a particularly good way to earn her immediate ire in that regard. Compared to her fellows she is not necessarily so immediately judgmental of monster girls and darker forces, though this does not apply to the Ebon Mint and those who serve Horrors.
In recent weeks she has begun to have doubts in her worldview, things she would never show to the world. She sometimes finds herself wondering if Beacon's mission itself is flawed, and that is a question she has not yet resolved.
As a normal girl Alicia works hard and has an upbeat attitude, always looking forward to whatever the day might bring, even if it's a challenge to look on the sunny side. She tends to be more charitable than is perhaps good for her, but doesn't mind helping those who ask for her aid even if they aren't affiliated with Beacon as she believes that the best way to carry forward the mission is to show their good side at any opportunity. She also has a soft spot for music, specifically soft rock and classical music, and cares a lot about her family. Fortunately being in Beacon means she doesn't have to worry about them, giving her a bit more peace of mind.
: Alicia grew up with a fairly normal life, the eldest of three siblings and the one who felt the weight of family expectation upon her. She did her best to live up to the family values, and to represent them well. She did not want to let her parents down after all. Yet she always had this nagging suspicion that there was something missing, that she could be something more. She just didn't know what it was. It would take her time to find out. She went to college, planning to become a teacher so she could give back to people much like she had been raised to. Yet she was not content simply giving up her life so easily. During break she went traveling, exploring the world a bit to try and find herself, and to resolve herself to what she was going to do in the future. A fact made all the more ironic when she was approached by a Puchuu from 'The Beacon' one day.
So she became a magical girl, learning how to fight, to harness her powers and use them in a manner that lived up to the ideals that Beacon upheld. She also chose her virtue as required by the Beacon, and settled into a new life with her family. She went out to fight, and soon got quite a bit of experience as a magical girl. Along the way she also met a strange traveler who claimed to be from another dimension. After buying them a meal they struck up a good friendship, and now work together when it is needed or convenient. Her friend doesn't go out and fight, but for more covert things it works out well.
Following the effort by Victoria Reales to unite the magical girls of Penrose, and her subsequent assassination, Alicia found herself increasingly drawn into the developing crisis that came from it. Playing an integral part in the establishment of cooperation between the Beacon and Penny Asimov, her investigation into what had happened did not turn up many results, even as she was involved in several fights across Penrose.
Eventually a lead was found, revealing the culprit to be one 'Justine von Visceral', worrying to the Beckoners. Forging a temporary compromise with Mariette Pedersen, who had found herself in opposition to Justine after being betrayed, a coalition was rallied and plunged into the Overcity. Fighting their way to Justine's castle, Alicia ended up not being present for the final battle that took place as she was elsewhere in Justine's castle. Nonetheless, she was able to help free some of Justine's servants from the control she held over them, before they escaped as Penny destroyed the castle.
Since then Alicia has found herself increasingly conflicted, torn between her own moral beliefs, those hardliners within Beacon, the external hostility towards the organization, and the events that took place during the assault on Justine's castle. Where it will go, only time will tell. Incantation
: "Chains of Darkness, break! Light, shine forth!"Additional Info
-Has a vial containing a potion that can be used to cleanse even the darkest corruption from a magical girl.
-Traded Platinum Coin for Wing Perk