First off, the customary rules/ expectations for someone I roleplay with.
1. Communication is key. I get that sometimes things happen in real life, something is unclear, interest is lost, etc, etc, which if fine, but don't just leave me hanging. So if something comes up, let me know, and I'll try to work around it with you!
2. Looking for a long term rp with. So if you're looking for something quick, maybe just an arc or two, then this isn't the place for you.
3. Planning. I'm perfectly capable of planning out arcs, but I think it would be better if me, and my partner took turns with leading various arcs. This way, we'll each be able to work on an upcoming arc without giving things a chance to slow down.
4. Posting-consistency. I tend to post 3-5 times a week and would like my partner to do the same. Though, I understand that isn't possible every week. I'm only talking about the average.
5. While I don't consider myself a grammar-Nazi, I do expect anyone I roleplay with to have a decent command over the English language. That is, if I'm reading your post, it shouldn't take me three tries or more to understand what it is you said. At the very most, I should be able to take everything you wrote in after a second attempt.
6. I'm a casual level roleplayer and expect for you to be the same. So no 'one-liners' at the very least, I expect two paragraphs of five sentences each from someone I'm rping with.
7. While we're on the subject of actual roleplaying, please, please, this is one of my bigges gripes when rping, don't just have your character make observations in a post, or show how they react to something! Have them move things along in some meaningful way! I get that their are occasions when it's not entirely clear what to do, but in those instances it's perfectly okay to ask!
8. Roleplaying on threads is preferred.
The Omegas-Okay, here's one I've been playing around with for awhile now. The story will start out on a planet called Eden, where twenty six individuals(one for each letter of the alphabet) call home. None of the individuals know how they got there, and most don't care, because all their needs, and desires are taken care of. They only need to think of something, and it'll appear.
Our characters will be exceptions to this rule, as they'll be constantly going out to explore the world, which is a technological wonderland of an abandoned ghost town. It is during one such outing that they'll discover a means to travel between dimensions. From there, it'll be our characters going from world to world, picking up various tools, skills, and abilities from the various plains they explore.
(Also, I'm not sure where to put this, but the Omegas ie people of Eden, have special devices in their hearts that allow them to sync up with various forms of energy. What this means is that they can use items or techniques from different worlds without having to change their power sources at each stop.)
Another idea I have for this rp is something I call The Divine fixer-uppers or DFU for short. Basically, these guys'll be a group of angels and demons left over from one of the dimensions where god lost to the tower of babel, and everything supernatural was kicked out. What they do is 'fix' worlds or areas by setting up special fields which alters the universal laws to a customer's liking. What this means, is that, with money, or something else worth trading, various individuals can hire the DFU to make it so reality in a certain spot follows whatever laws they want? Want magic to exist? Have a DFU field set up! Don't want magic to exist? DFU field! A limit on higher level technology? DFU field! Wanna tweak physics, or mess with the laws of space and time? DFU field! What to make sure absolutely everything has to follow the laws of universe? D...F...U... field!
They can also serve as bounty hunters or mercenaries.
Now I know that the DFU idea sounds a bit overly complicated but I think its a good mechanic to allow for our characters to gather a lot of potentially OP items and abilities, without limiting the risk for the adventures they go on. I mean, Zombies are always a good go to rp idea, but they don't really serve as much of a threat for someone whose eaten a devil fruit, or has the ability to use their kai.