Zephyra (zeff - ear - uh) Southworth
Avariel (winged elf)
- Flying: Being of the Avariel race, Zephyra was born with a pair of wings that allow her to fly in the sky. She has years of experience under her belt that allows her to pull off stunning ariel tricks.
- Good shot: Zephyra has become known for her use of bow to hit targets, even from far away or moving.
- Speed: Wheather it's in the sky or on the ground, Zephyra has ways to get around quickly.
- Little protection: Zephyra can't fly fast or well if she's too weighed down. Because of that, she's not very well armored and thus more susceptible to attacks.
- Plays it safe: While Zephyra will go into battle, after some events that have transpired in her life combined with how little armor she can wear, she fears getting hurt again. She most likely won't take a risk that will get her hurt, even if that means losing a strategic advantage or letting an ally get hurt.
- Useless when wet: Zephyra can't fly well in storms as rain and snow weigh her down and make it difficult to move. She'll refuse to fly in thunderstorms as the risk of getting struck by lightning is too great.
Zephyra has always lived a rather nomadic life. When she was young, she traveled with her parents around the lands as they taught her how to fly and how to hunt and live off the land. Later when she became an adult she traveled on her own, preferring to make her own way in life. When the monsters appeared, she fought to protect herself and those that happened to be around her. That slowly turned into mercenary for hire as things calmed down. Zephyra was happy with that life for a while, ready to show off her skills with flying and a bow as she took monsters out as they descended, even being hailed as something of a hero by those that she protected. But eventually, she tried to take on something that she couldn't quite handle.
She was at a small village at the time, she was the only one there that was hired to fight, not that they needed a lot of people as there were only a small amount of monster sightings in the area. But on that day, the sky opened up and several monsters came out. More monsters then Zephyra knew she could take on her own. But she still flew up to meet them. She managed to take down quite a few before something happened. A monster had managed to reach her and attack, hitting her left wing. The attack sent her plummeting out of the air and to the ground. The only things that saved her life were that she wasn't too high up at the time, she was able to somewhat slow her descent with her wings, and the trees.
When Zephyra came to, the battle was over. The village was in shambles but the villagers had managed to run the rest of the monsters off with only a few casualties. The villagers had done their best to tend to Zephyra's injuries, but even their best hadn't been enough to save Zephyra's left wing and the best they could do for her was amputate it. While eventually, Zephyra's other injuries healed, she was never quite able to get over the shock that not only one of her wings were gone, but her ability to fly was as well. But not long after she recovered enough to be able to travel on foot again, she received an invitation from a man that might be able to help her fly once more.
Usually has a dagger hidden in one of her boots in case she needs some up close protection.