"Soooo.... What are you wearing?"
Black Cat sat with his back against cover, his entire body veiled from the boss. He was currently staying in a bombed out postal office that was shy most of its walls. It was just at the edge of the park, literally as far you could be from the combat zone and still be allowed to use your AR gear in the fight. He kicked his feet idly as he asked a question."Level 2 Tactical Armor. Why is this important right now?"
The sniper beside him had some sort of voice mod on making his voice growl out all serious like. He was a fellow member of the Cobalt Crusaders, and he let off another blast of energy out of his rifle, eyes still glued to his scope. If the shot's contact with the enemy resulted in damage, it was impossible to tell from how tiny a chip of it it must have done."Nah, not important. Just bored. Say, why is the postal office the best place for romance?"
Black Cat rolled his head up to gaze at the sky for a moments, before starting a joke."I don't think this is the time."
The sniper grimaced."Because of all the shipping!"
Black Cat smiled widely."Dude maybe you should be paying attention to the fight."
The sniper glanced down from his sights at Black Cat, the grimace growing ever grimmer."No need, my drone's got this handled."
Black Cat shoved a thumb over the corner, pointing at his drone which was moving from squad to squad, at least the few that were still alive, during breaks in the fire, and charging everyone's weapons up."Don't you have to like guide it or something?"
The sniper started looking back at the fight, picking off a drone that was straying a little too close for comfort."It's just programmed to bounce between the squads, and stay in cover unless there's a break in the enemy firing pattern. I'd just introduce human error.""You've developed an algorithm that can detect the patterns in the enemy's attacks and you haven't shared it? You're a fucking asshole."
The sniper's brow was fully furrowed at this point."Of course my asshole is for fucking. Surely you didn't think I dressed this way out of innocent naivety or a misguided attempt to distract my foes?"
Black Cat nodded assertively, before cocking his head slightly and glancing meaningfully down below with exaggerated eyebrow gesturing. Then he stopped and shrugged, before admitting, "Buuuut also it works like, 40% of the time and the other 60% relies on him being a tiny target. You wouldn't want to stake your life on it. It basically boils down to 'If enemy do big parkwide attack pattern, he probably won't do it again in the next three seconds'."
As he explained the algorithm, he animatedly demonstrated explosion and three second countdown with his hands, before tapping his head."Even if it's not that amazing you should still coopera-" *KAZORCH*
The sniper's lifeless headless body tumbled to the ground, having spent just a bit too long with his head out of cover."Heh. Dude maybe you should have been paying attention to the fight."
Black Cat couldn't help but snicker and mock the perished sniper, mimicking the earlier tone of the man.
"Jerk." Even muffled due to the AR interference, Black Cat could still sense and hear the real world sniper getting up and telling him off now that he was out of the fight."Don't lose your head- Ow!"
One last parting gift earned the Black Cat a smack in the face before the dearly departed sniper did physically depart.
After a little bit of kicking his feet and keeping his butt planted firmly in cover, Black Cat was bored again, but luckily, he spotted someone. "Yoohoo! Fellow drone user eh? I've got a lovely piece of cover if you wanna talk while our drones do stuff."
Black Cat waved at the other person who he figured was a drone user, before kicking the smoldering corpse still sharing his spot away. Black Cat didn't seem to have any reservations about the person being from a different Faction.@Gardevoiran