Hidden 1 yr ago Post by LeeRoy
Raw
GM
Avatar of LeeRoy

LeeRoy LeeRoy Brightmane

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

These dusty vistas were all to familiar, the bullet holes in the walls and his acid marks trailed everywhere. He'd been here twice before, why does he keep getting brought back to this same location? Abe howled in his frustration, almost like he was stuck in a loop. This place kept calling back to him, and every time he came here he was disemboweled or blown apart by some lunatic with a rod that spit thunder.

This time he would not be caught off guard, Abe ran quickly into the nearest building and took cover behind a stack of wooden palettes. He kept his head upturned so his nostrils could catch the first whiff of that damnable thunder rod. Or worse, that blade that singed the air and his very flesh.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by ImportantNobody
Raw
Avatar of ImportantNobody

ImportantNobody

Member Online

The half dragon girl Evvie was soaring over, to her at least, unfamiliar grounds. She enjoyed exploration and was curious by nature, so it was only natural that this supposed ghost town caught her eye. So far there was nothing but dust, so it was a nice change of scenery. Well, the town was still quite dusty, but…

What are these weird markings? She lowered her altitude, gently touching down on the main street with a light jog before coming to a stop in front of what turned out to be acid marks splattered around the area, although she wasn’t entirely sure that’s what they were at the time. She was unaware of the nearby presence as she rubbed the stain curiously. Maybe someone just spilled juice or whatever and she was getting excited over nothing?
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by LeeRoy
Raw
GM
Avatar of LeeRoy

LeeRoy LeeRoy Brightmane

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

@ImportantNobody
Abe's nose was still upturned when the sound of footfalls on sand hit his rotted ears, the smell of an unwashed creature touched his nostrils shortly afterwards. The smell of flesh that he recognized, it was a distant stink that he'd smelled before. Back when the Lightning wielder roasted him alive in the desert, back when he first met the man with the Thunder rod that spit metal. Those days of horror and anguish, this smell comforted him in his moments of desperation.

How he loved this smell, and now it was here, it was within his grasp. It was oh so distant back then, back in those distant days. Finally he'd lay eyes on them, the one whose smell had kept him going.

Abe lunged out from the hole in the wall and stared down the alley towards the dragoness, she had laid her hand on the marks left behind by his acid. It seemed that she was curious, or at least confused, by the source of the scar. This woman was a vision of everything beauty, at least, as beautiful as a meal can conceivably be. She had just enough meat to be appealing, but not too much. A taste, a morsel, she was a meal but not an over-indulgence.

In silence he glared at her, his teeth grinding against eachother. Saliva pooling around the corners of his mouth and dribbling dangerously to the ground, liquefying the sand around his feet. The Ghul said nothing, there were no words that he could say to describe the feeling that he had. After a very long pause and dead silence, he took a few staggered steps towards her from the end of the road.
Hidden 1 yr ago 1 yr ago Post by ImportantNobody
Raw
Avatar of ImportantNobody

ImportantNobody

Member Online

Evvie didn’t have the longest of attention spans, so once she didn’t get any closer to figuring out this minor mystery she came out of her squat and dusted her hands off against each other a couple of times. This endeavor was more or less successful. Some of the dust and grim still clinged to her palms and would likely have to be washed off. Out of curiosity she examined the soles of her bare feet, which were coated. Okay, even she had to admit that she could use a good washing. Perhaps later.

“Now what to do?” she asked herself, sounding as if she was starting to get bored again.

She suddenly got the feeling like she was being watched all this time despite this place seemingly being abandoned. Was that the sound of footsteps? She twisted her upper body around to look over her left shoulder. Sure enough someone was there. Or perhaps something. He almost looked like the zombies that she has fought in the past, only he had a certain look in his eye that showed a wicked consciousness that zombies didn’t possess. She didn’t fear easily but a chill did run along her spine down to the tip of her tail, which went rigid. She brushed off the feeling once this initial moment passed. Evil or not, this guy didn’t seem like he could be a match for her judging by how frail he was. She could fight bulky monsters four times his size with ease.

She spun her left foot around so that she now turned to face him with feet shoulder length apart and hands firmly at her side. As she did so her wings raised up from a resting position so that they could give a good flap at a moment’s notice. She didn’t have any weapons on her but did have her specially made gauntlet that would activate upon contact with her fire, encasing her in a suit of armor. She didn’t activate it yet, instead eyeing him down as he did the same to her.

“You need help?” She questioned.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by LeeRoy
Raw
GM
Avatar of LeeRoy

LeeRoy LeeRoy Brightmane

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

@ImportantNobody (I thought I had posted, but I did not. Sorry for the wait.)

Drudging his partizan from his waist and planting the butt firmly into the sandy road, Abe propped himself semi-upright against the length of wood. It would be a second before he spoke, but Evvie would hear something terrible before Abe's mouth even opened. The ghul's jaw would rock back and forth for a few moments and his face would crinkle and stretch unnaturally as it did so.

Crunch, crackle.

Grind, squish.

Crunch.


SNAP!

Abe's jaw broke with a terrible noise, his mouth dropped open and his tongue lolled outwards. The two superfluous connections that held his mouth closed were removed and he could finally speak without hissing through his teeth. Hesitantly he spoke, the words foggy in his mind. More instinct than competent thought, like a hangover from his days as a conscious entity. "H-hh- Hey baby. You smell so-o-o. . ."

He paused, almost as though he were contemplating the next word. "Good~" The words was punctuated with a choking laughter that sprayed his toxic saliva and little chunks of already digesting bone. Left over from his broken jaw. The laughter nearly toppled him, but this stumble led into a couple of steps closer to the dragoness. Almost as though his movement was accidental, but it was an intelligent plan. Get closer and closer to her before she can even notice her danger. "C-c-c Can I take a sniff, baby?" Again he spoke, but no following cough.

There was a bit of distance between them, but not very much. If he could get within spraying range he could surprise her and turn the very evident disadvantage of strength on its head.
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by ImportantNobody
Raw
Avatar of ImportantNobody

ImportantNobody

Member Online

Nobody with even half a brain would trust this monstrous newcomer. Whatever sniffing he was wanting to do, she could tell that it would be bad news. She shook her head violently to decline his offer. Otherwise she remained relatively motionless, not sure what she should do in this circumstance. He hadn’t technically done anything that would cause her to resort to violence. Unfortunately for her, his plan was working, so she didn’t make any motions to flee either. Like a frog bathing in boiling water, the subtle changes over time slipped past her notice, causing her deadly inaction. Her expression clearly showed disgust, hesitation, and doubt, but what should be evident to Abe, no worry or focus on his movements on her face or body.

She decided that she should be sassy to try to make him give up and leave. She needed a comeback. She took on a more cocky look now.

“How about you…smell my feet then!” She shouted. “Like…when I kick you!”

Nobody said she was very good at comebacks.
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by LeeRoy
Raw
GM
Avatar of LeeRoy

LeeRoy LeeRoy Brightmane

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

@ImportantNobody
Laughter seemed to emanate from him, though it was totally unconscious. Abe glared at her, subtle thoughts of distance and flavor danced fleetingly through his mind. Though he could think it was almost as tiring as physical exertion, though he wasn't exerting himself very much.

Evvie had let him in striking distance, and his body moved in the memory of the warrior he once was. With a quick jabbing movement he threw his right arm forward. Partizan extending forward, its flat leaf blade running parallel to the wall nearby. It shot towards his foe's chest, he stepped in quickly and placed his left hand on the handle. Adding more force behind the blow as he threw himself upon her.

The dragoness' lack of intelligence would ultimately be her downfall, if it were up to him he would love to end this in one single jab. The one movement and she dies, and that would be that. No struggle, no pain, only his next meal.

Abe's lipless face almost sneered as he made his move.
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by ImportantNobody
Raw
Avatar of ImportantNobody

ImportantNobody

Member Online

@LeeRoy

As his weapon moved threateningly towards her she realized her mistake. Her tail perked up in distress. It was too late to activate her armor to protect herself or fly out of range. Instead she lunged to the left side of the road, twisting her body sideways in the direction facing the weapon in order to better let it slip past her. Thanks to her modestly sized bust it only managed to glance across the tip of her underarmor, creating a spark as metal slid on metal with a screeching sound. Her dodge caused her to backpedal a bit further than desired due to her momentum, slamming her back against the wall and throwing up dust around her. In an effort for her to buy herself some time to put up a more proper defense she opened her mouth towards him and let out a torrent of fire.

As she did this it hit her that she still would be unable to fly with her wings pressed firmly against the wall. She'd have to come up with something fast. What she'd really want to do was go on the offensive if she could help it, but she was in too bad of a position at the moment. If this fire breath was effective than she was positive the situation would quickly turn to her favor.
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by LeeRoy
Raw
GM
Avatar of LeeRoy

LeeRoy LeeRoy Brightmane

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

@ImportantNobody
If the demoniac thing's eyes could widen in fear, they would have in that moment thrown themselves to their widest. Just as he threw himself away from the flame with a violent start. Throwing himself bodily against the nearest wall with a loud thump as the wind was pushed from his rotted lungs. A puff of poisonous gasses escaped and was immediately followed by a torrent of fluids from his throat.

Towards the oncoming threat of flame he turned his head as the fluid toxin began to spew from his gaping mouth, his jaw was forced open by the strength of the blast. Sickly green-brown spray blasted from his lipless mouth and into the flame with a bubbling hiss. As it was boiled by the flame it stopped the tide of the burning wave. As the two collided a noxious smell polluted the area.

All the while as the flame met poison, Abe had been frantically scrambling along the wall. Scraping his elbows and palms against the brick and concrete. Desperately trying to flee the flame even as he had stopped its advance. One of them would have to stop their attack first, and the other would pay the price, and Abe had started second.
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by ImportantNobody
Raw
Avatar of ImportantNobody

ImportantNobody

Member Online

Evvie was taken off guard when her flames suddenly stopped short of her target. He had no room to properly evade so she thought that she had him once he was pushed up against the wall, but this random villain appears to have a trick up his sleeve to get himself out of this very situation. At first whatever he was doing was completely obscured from her vision, but as the attack was prolonged she could see noxious bubbling liquid spilling out the sides of the fire as it was pushed back. Through all of this mess she had no visual confirmation of whatever he himself was doing, or how he was sending out this liquid. All she could do right now was keep sending fire back his way to push against this mysterious liquid. It was splattering out the sides so made maneuvering off this wall difficult. The ground hissed as the droplets made contact near her feet. Her nose scrunched up as the odor reached her.

She had enough oxygen to keep this attack going for a little while, but knew that she was expending it at a quick pace so would surely have to take a breath at some point in the near future. She wondered if his attack was some sort of magic that would run out of juice quickly. If that was the case then she could certainly win once it ran out and he found himself trapped between a fire and a hard place. As her lungs began to feel the burn she knew that he would have to fall pretty quickly or things might turn against her. However, for the moment she didn’t show any distress that her opponent was. Perhaps she should.
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by LeeRoy
Raw
GM
Avatar of LeeRoy

LeeRoy LeeRoy Brightmane

Member Seen 5 hrs ago



This was not a good place to be, one of them would falter soon and Abe couldn't stand the thought of dying again. Flicking in and out of hell is not pleasant, and even to his shadowed mind he feared the idea of dying once more. If he moved left or right he'd catch the fire straight, and that would be no good. Once he'd catch fire, he wouldn't be able to stop it. So now what?

Abe's athleticism is remarkable, despite his gaunt and deathly form, as he's demonstrated many times in the past. Right now he was against a wall, and all he needed was a second to escape.

Lifting his hand from his waist and over his head he gripped into the stone wall. His ghul's fist cracking the stone and allowing his fingers province within the wall. With a quick jerk he yanked himself up and over the wall, closing his mouth as he rose towards the rooftop. The smoke from the burning acid and extinguished fire might shield his ascent from view, but whether or not he'd escaped vision didn't exactly matter. Right now he'd just escaped the narrow clutches of death, and that's all that he was focused on.
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by ImportantNobody
Raw
Avatar of ImportantNobody

ImportantNobody

Member Online

@LeeRoy

Evvie didn’t realize that her opponent had vanished until her fire splashed without resistance against the wall. After a brief couple of seconds she released the flame, breathing in deep pants to restore lost oxygen back into her lungs while she waited for the smoke to clear. Indeed, it was revealed that her opponent was now gone rather than loosing the power to resist and falling dead. Her fire was by no means hot enough to disintegrate him that quickly, even if his body did appear half decayed already.

She used this opportunity to breathe fire onto her specially made gauntlet, causing flickers of light and embers to spread rapidly across her form to encase herself in a glittering suit of purple and silver colored armor. He tail, wings, and upper back were bare to allow better maneuverability and the armor was much thinner around her joints, as was typical with armor. Her helmet only covered the top of her head, with holes for her horns, leaving her face bare as well.

Her wings raised and pushed down mightily, allowing her to lift even with this increase in weight. With that she began to raise up past the wall with the intention to get at least twice the height of the buildings in order to begin circling around to survey her surroundings in search of him. She wouldn’t let him get off so easily. She wasn’t angry at him, exactly, but he was clearly a threat that she should eliminate one way or another.
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by LeeRoy
Raw
GM
Avatar of LeeRoy

LeeRoy LeeRoy Brightmane

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

@ImportantNobody
From the rooftop he watched over the settling flame and smoke, the visage of the dragoness rising quickly overtop. Matching the height of the roof very quickly, her movements were swift and deadly. An inspiring and apetizing prey, regardless of the danger.

And still, beyond the stink of burning bile was that apetizing stink of dragon flesh. He wanted, nay, needed it more than anything he's ever needed. So much so that he was willing to throw himself into danger just to get closer to that smell.

That's just what he did too!

Abe darted towards the edge of the rooftop and took a running leap. Gripping his partizan harshly in his right hand, raised over his head as he leaped toward the rising Dragoness. His eyes burned wild with that spark of red, his mouth hung open. Spittle and acid dripped and trailed behind his movement.

Throwing himself bodily towards Evvie, he'd catch her mid flight whether or not he struck her. If he missed he'd fall to the ground, if not he'd begin a midair grapple with the woman.
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by ImportantNobody
Raw
Avatar of ImportantNobody

ImportantNobody

Member Online

Evvie realized her deadly mistake of elevating too closely to the rooftop when she saw a blur of motion lunging off of it towards her out of the corner of her eye. She twisted her body to face him, her first instinct to grasp onto the partisan with her left hand above his grip and below the blade, stopping the weapon dead in it’s tracks, at least for now. Her right hand moved out towards his torso in a shoving motion to try and force him away from her and onto the hard ground below. However, he had the momentum of all his body weight on his side crashing into her, stopping her from putting up enough resistance against him while she was in midair. Not only did her arm crumple backwards but her entire body was jolted downwards as well, spinning once in a clockwise motion before she could correct herself, her wings pumping furiously to try and compensate for the extra struggling weight that she now found herself unwillingly carrying. The altitude that she managed to gain now was negligible overall, having highs and lows as the two bobbed together in the air.

As Evvie held onto his shirt with her right hand, a droplet of acid fell onto her gauntlet, narrowly missing the jewel that powered the transformation of her armor. She let out a look of panic at this near miss, the metal melting away. She withdrew her hand and closed the fist, moving it back in to try and punch him as best she could in the nose.
Hidden 9 mos ago Post by LeeRoy
Raw
GM
Avatar of LeeRoy

LeeRoy LeeRoy Brightmane

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

@ImportantNobody
His body swung helpless in the air as he was caught bodily by the dragoness, saliva and acid dribbling from the corners of his mouth. Running down his body and to the ground. His legs dangled worthless in this situation, his eyeless sockets glared menacingly towards Evvie's eyes. In the air isn't exactly the premier place for someone like Abe to be, he has no control over his movements, and right now he's not exactly on the offensive. Considering the fact that Evvie now has his spear arm held aloft, all he has free is his left arm, and his legs of course.

After being caught and assessing the situation, or rather, coming to terms with the fact that he was now airborn. Abe screeched, unhinging his jaw as he did so. A thin speckling of saliva and acid threw itself from his lips and he jerked himself upwards by his own arm, throwing a haphazard punch towards the side of Evvie's face. Not as much force as would be possible with a standing blow, but as much as he could muster in this uncomfortable positioning.
Hidden 9 mos ago Post by ImportantNobody
Raw
Avatar of ImportantNobody

ImportantNobody

Member Online

@LeeRoy

Evvie grimaced, right eye instinctively closing shut as the fist made contact with that side of her head. Although her head jerked awkwardly, it wasn’t by any means strong enough to be a game changing blow. On the other hand, getting punched in the head didn’t help one concentrate any better on flying. That and his horrific screeching. She was plotting her revenge when she smacked her back hard onto a rooftop, cracking all of the tiles beneath them.

Laying beneath her foe for very long was not going to end well for her, she realized. She curled her legs up, planting both feet onto his torso so that she could deliver a powerful shove against him. With any luck she could knock him not only off of herself, but off of the roof as well into the dirt below.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet