Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Ezmeralda
Raw
Avatar of Ezmeralda

Ezmeralda

Member Seen 10 hrs ago

Katherine lifted her dress with one hand as she ran behind him now, the other still holding his, "Well, he was pretty far away, and I doubt he's used to running. And maybe? I can't imagine anyone working under him is happy with him besides maybe his personal retinue...." she took a break from speaking for a second to breath as she ran, "....or he knows this place better than we do and can easily cut us off before we get out...."
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Blaze Gamma
Raw
GM
Avatar of Blaze Gamma

Blaze Gamma Who's This / Douchebag?

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

"Hopefully not... And... Even if they do, well..." Felix gripped his sword in his free hand. "I have a really terrible idea." He stopped running, then looked to a giant window. "Do you trust me on this?" He asked as he started to step towards the great visage.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Ezmeralda
Raw
Avatar of Ezmeralda

Ezmeralda

Member Seen 10 hrs ago

"I mean, of course I do, but-" Kathy looked where he did, "-Oh. Yes, that is terrible... I'd feel a little better about that if we could look before we leap so we could plan a place to land... Anything to get out of here though, I suppose. Are you sure you wanna risk our lives on jumping out a window?"
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Blaze Gamma
Raw
GM
Avatar of Blaze Gamma

Blaze Gamma Who's This / Douchebag?

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

"It's really your call. But either way, I think considering everything this guy has put us through today, a little bit of broken glass is at the very least deserved," Felix smashed the hilt of his sword hard into the glass. With a deafening crash, several shards flew out, landing on the ground below. Felix looked out. "... Maybe 15 feet... Yeah, we can survive this... I'll do what I can to catch you, so just... Trust me." The young man stepped back, then charged at the remains of the window, using his arms as a ram to force his way through.

The ground quickly caught up, and Felix quickly moved his shoulder forward. He hit the ground with a hard thud, rolling off much of the impact, but it was not the greatest feeling in the world, to say the least. Still, he dusted himself off, stood shakily, then turned, giving a tired looking thumbs up.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Ezmeralda
Raw
Avatar of Ezmeralda

Ezmeralda

Member Seen 10 hrs ago

Katherine laughed a little nervously, "It's not the glass I'm worried about. It's the possible death...And yeah, you better catch me cuz I don't know how I should--and there he goes-- land..." she sighed. She tried to do some calculations to how she should jump to Felix, but in the end she was never all that great at math anyway and just ended up with more questions.

She took a deep breath, and leapt out the window, hoping she jumped right so Felix could catch her. Her dress flying up like a broken umbrella in a powerful wind and exposing her legs. "I KNEW I SHOULD'VE TOOK THIS OOoooFFFFFffff!" she shouted as she fell.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Blaze Gamma
Raw
GM
Avatar of Blaze Gamma

Blaze Gamma Who's This / Douchebag?

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Felix darted forward, rather foolishly shutting his eyes as he moved, arms outstretched. Though it was clumsy, he caught her....

And her momentum caught him, sending the young militiaman tumbling to the ground once more. The two rolled a ways, thankfully clearing the glass, though the strain of it all definitely left Felix winded.

"Alrigh... I think... We just gotta..." He released his grip on his friend, and tried, almost comically, to get back to his feet. "L'il farther..."
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Ezmeralda
Raw
Avatar of Ezmeralda

Ezmeralda

Member Seen 10 hrs ago

Katherine let out a sigh of relief after....basically landing on Felix. She took a second to gauge her own condition finding herself with only some bruises, then checked Felix as he tried getting up. He seemed to be pretty beat up, but was mostly just out of wind, "I can heal you when we're safe." she said, helping him up and wrapping his arm around her shoulders and helping to hold him up. "I think we can stop for a moment once we reach the forest. Also, you have no idea how much I want to hug you right now..." He was like a hurt puppy. A hurt puppy that just saved her life.
Hidden 2 mos ago 1 mo ago Post by Blaze Gamma
Raw
GM
Avatar of Blaze Gamma

Blaze Gamma Who's This / Douchebag?

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

"Y-yeah," Felix shook his head in agreement. "Later... Gotta get to safety first." He shook himself off to the best of his ability, moving for the gates of the castle. "Don't think he'll be willing to chase us down this way... Should be clear, I hope."

With some time and staggering later, the two had clearly made it into the relative safety of the woods nearby. By this point, everything was draped in moonlight, which painted the scene with an almost ethereal glow. "Are you alright?" Felix asked, sitting down and breathing heavily. His head had been cleared of the earlier trauma, but at the moment, he was still winded.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Ezmeralda
Raw
Avatar of Ezmeralda

Ezmeralda

Member Seen 10 hrs ago

Slightly winded herself from basically carrying him, Katherine helped him sit down against a large tree trunk, and immediately started looking him over. She looked him in the eyes and smiled. She spoke softly, "I'm fine, Felix. Thanks to you." she said, and went about healing his wounds. He didn't seem to be too terribly injured, just out of breath and tired. Which he just needed a rest for.

Once she was satisfied, she threw her arms around his shoulders and hugged him tight. "Seriously, I don't know what would've happened to me had you not came as soon as you did. Probably dead at best...." she lightened her hug so she cold back away and look him in the eyes again, "...That said, you're crazy, you know that? Just how many windows have you jumped out of that you were so comfortable with it?" she giggled.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Blaze Gamma
Raw
GM
Avatar of Blaze Gamma

Blaze Gamma Who's This / Douchebag?

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

"Well," Felix scratched the back of his head. "I haven't... Well, except for the one time, remember when I broke into the bakery when we were kids? I guess that counts... But then again, I think I cried for like... 10 minutes because I cut my forehead on the glass." He laughed to himself. "Honestly, though, I think it was just desperation. I don't think anyone would have ended up well off from a confrontation... We could have been marked as criminals... Mind... We may end up that way anyway... Guess we'll just have to keep moving... Apoligise to Emmerich once we get back."
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Ezmeralda
Raw
Avatar of Ezmeralda

Ezmeralda

Member Seen 10 hrs ago

Katherine laughed, "I do. I remember having to hold you after I healed you cuz you just wouldn't stop crying even though there was no reason to be anymore.... And I mean, I'd hope there'd be no other reason than desperation for breaking through a glass window. And yes, we probably will be. As if we needed this to be harder, right?"

She paused and gave him a look, "As for Emmerich... I don't know, Felix. For all we know his idea WAS to marry me off to Stefan and this whole legendary weapon thing was just a ruse to get us to go." She sighed, and looked down at her hands, "And if it's going to put us both in this much danger ALL the time, maybe....maybe it's best to just hide. Disappear and let the world work itself out. Maybe... I just don't know what to do now, Felix..."
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Blaze Gamma
Raw
GM
Avatar of Blaze Gamma

Blaze Gamma Who's This / Douchebag?

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

"..." Felix fell quiet for a moment. "Kathy... The Old Man didn't know anything about this. The letter that creep gave me, it was a fake." He told her. "I don't know if it's safe to go back though... And besides, you wanted to do this, right? We don't do anything, and a nasty war's going to start... Isn't that what they said? Besides... Least we can do is get to the mountains... There's supposed to be another village on the way I think... We could make it there in three days and then... And then... I don't know, but..."
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Ezmeralda
Raw
Avatar of Ezmeralda

Ezmeralda

Member Seen 10 hrs ago

Katherine shook her head, "I don't know. He would've known the kind of man Stefan is. At the very least he would've heard rumors." she gave him a half smile, "I don't want to do this, no. It's more that I don't want a war to happen either, so I don't have a choice. Then again, my existence could also start a war. This way though, there's something I can do about it..."

Her smiled faded, "Yes, and then what? Leave that village in flames because some assassins or something tried to kill me? Or better yet, let's say I am successful in becoming...Queen. Or whatever. What then? I don't know anything about ruling a country. Or even uniting a it! Even if I had some advisors wouldn't it just be them leading anyway through me?" she sighed, "I'd just be a puppet. A trophy for the masses to adore or despise as they please. Which I suppose comes with the territory, but if I am to rule I don't want to be just a figurehead or a trophy wife. I want to listen to my people and help them. I want my country to grow and flourish in ways it never has before."

She paused and took a deep breath, "But...how do I do that?" Kathy looked around, "...Anyway, are you feeling up to moving? We should probably try to make some ground before we hit the hay."
Hidden 17 days ago Post by Blaze Gamma
Raw
GM
Avatar of Blaze Gamma

Blaze Gamma Who's This / Douchebag?

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Felix frowned. "I mean... I'm more worried about that ass back at the manor following us back to the village and then... Well, he is in charge there, even if he doesn't come around..." He stood and brushed himself off. "Far as I know, he doesn't have governance over at that next town, right? Besides, I don't think we're a danger to anyone else... I mean... Who knows about you at this point? Him, Emmerich, your parents, and me, right? We have time to figure this out."
Hidden 17 days ago 17 days ago Post by Ezmeralda
Raw
Avatar of Ezmeralda

Ezmeralda

Member Seen 10 hrs ago

Katherine sighed, "I suppose you're right... well, half right. Stefan is our immediate concern, but I'm not talking about just me. The longer we take the more damage this chaos can cause. The bandits running rampant, the power grabbing, the suffering, the death of the King, all that stuff. I know the militia is trying it's best, but they are a relatively small group. They can't keep this controlled by themselves like a ruler leading a country can. They don't have the manpower or the resources...The longer we take the worse it will get."

She looked back in the direction of Stefan's manor, then took Felix's hand and headed towards their next destination. Then remembered what she was wearing. "Oh...uh, would you mind if I changed real quick? I'd also like to burn the bloody thing as soon as possible. I would just leave it, but I don't think that's wise." She walked a bit away from Felix until she was behind some brush, practically ripping the dress off and put on her normal cleric robes. She rolled up the dress into a ball as best she could, and returned to Felix. "Much better. Let's go."

As they walked, Kathy frowned, "Speaking of...do you think my parents are safe at the farm? You don't think Stefan would try to harm them, do you?"
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet