Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Sazama
Raw
GM
Avatar of Sazama

Sazama Soft Apocalypse

Member Seen 1 mo ago

Standing at the doorway, Gosia looked something that walked out of Woodstock. As she looks around Mirela's room, there wasn't much to look at.
Since she's been on the run she only was able to bring few possessions with her. Clothes, necessities, anything minimal and can fit into two bags at the most.
The only things beside that were her favorite books that she had brought from The Commons and a small magic charm disguised as a small fortune cat.
"Hi there I'm Mirela. I'm from... the U.S."

Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Blue2
Raw
Avatar of Blue2

Blue2

Member Seen 6 mos ago

"oh, American?" Her voice was quite soft, but she was clearly not afraid to use ut. "Most here are European, it's so good to have someone from oversees!." She then spotted the fortune cat and walked straight to it.

"Oh, you have a lucky cat!" She said. "Did you know, if you pet it in the morning you'll be lucky that day?" My cousin had one once, but she forgot to pet it one morning. That day, she broke her leg!" Gosia really sounded like she genuine believed in Mirela's fortune cat to be lucky.
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Sazama
Raw
GM
Avatar of Sazama

Sazama Soft Apocalypse

Member Seen 1 mo ago

Mirela held back a smile as Gosia approached the fortune cat. It was interesting to see a non-magic human being superstitious.
The magic charm that took form in the fortune cat was actually a signal barrier that when is set up in a room, will let the owner know if that being had ties to magic. It's only a low-level charm, so an extremely highly skilled magic user can still hide their presence. So when Gosia had stepped into the room, Mirela had already known that Gosia was just a normal human.

"Oh... do you normally believe in those types of things?" Mirela asked, just to get a feel on what type of person Gosia might be (aka how superstitious she is).
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Blue2
Raw
Avatar of Blue2

Blue2

Member Seen 6 mos ago

"Oh yes!" Said Gosia enthousiastically. "I'm wiccan. Well, sort of, not exactly. The regular wiccan do some things very wrong, but it's similar. In Poland, you see, 99% of people is Catholic. Really, 99%. So I come here because here it's okay if you're not. Here maybe 30% is Christian, The rest is a mixture, like Muslim, Atheist, many, many others. Here it's okay, I can be a witch."

Apparently she truly believed herself to be involved in some sort of wiccan culture. But indeed, the charm had given no indication whatsoever of any magical power. And a real witch wouldn't come out an say it like that.

She pulled out a pendant with a white stone inside. "This white agate, for example, it gives protection. I can be quite clumsy. But I haven't had major accidents sice I started wearing this. Of course, one time I was hurrying, I forgot it and I hurt my ankle. Now I never forget."
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Sazama
Raw
GM
Avatar of Sazama

Sazama Soft Apocalypse

Member Seen 1 mo ago

Wiccan culture... it's basically the mortal's pipedream of harvesting any form of magic or being connected to it. Some aspects of it, they're not too far off. But unless you're a magic user, being a Wiccan would just be shooting blanks.
And out of all the possibilities of what Mirela would have to deal with in a roommate, wiccan was not on the list.
Now she would have to be extra careful around Gosia, as the tiniest magic related thing would probably set off her curiosity. Nevertheless, it wouldn't make Mirela any the more distant or hostile towards Gosia. After all, Mirela wanted to live alongside non-magic humans.

"Oh wow, I've never met someone who was a Wiccan. I honestly barely understand it. So my future apologies if I ever come off ignorant." Mirela takes a closer look at Gosia's pendant. Nothing about it seemed at all magical. Though it would make sense for Gosia to have more faith in it protecting her. When one puts a strong attachment towards an object, their view on life while with their "lucky" possession would fare much better than without it.
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Blue2
Raw
Avatar of Blue2

Blue2

Member Seen 6 mos ago

And that was exactly what was going on here. If she had worn that pendant that day, she would probably not have felt in danger of bad luck and thus would have been more relaxed, perhaps not even have hurt her ankle. Or if she had hurt it, she would have called it lucky she didn't break it. That was how faith and superstition worked, after all.

Gosia obviously didn't realise that, though. "No problem." She said, smiling. "It's okay to be wiccan here, but it's not very widespread. Not like in America. People often don't know much about it. But I tell you, that cat, whoever gave it to you wished you well, or they would not have chosen it."

Yeah, you would have an interesting time with this girl. Good thing you had the option of closing the door to keep people out.

((I feel like we should skip some time here, now that Gosia has been introduced. Unless you want to go on meeting others? Se OOC))
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Sazama
Raw
GM
Avatar of Sazama

Sazama Soft Apocalypse

Member Seen 1 mo ago

A good portion of the day was spent just unpacking her bags and setting up her room. Before she knew it, the afternoon had already arrived. As for herself, she hadn't eaten a thing since she got here. Her student card was eligible for unlimited meal swipes at any dining hall on campus. The nearest dining hall was about a 5-minute walk from the apartments.

With all of her energy drained from unpacking and running from the clutches of a demon, Mirela heads over to the dining hall. She was about to invite Gosia along with her, but the door to her room was closed and she could hear what sounded like rocks being clicked together in rhythm. So Mirela decided best to head off on her own.
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Blue2
Raw
Avatar of Blue2

Blue2

Member Seen 6 mos ago

It was quite awkward standing there with the cassiere, swiping your card and getting a red light. There was a line of students behind her, waiting to pay for their meal and unfortunately in this dining area you could only pay with student card. Swiping the card again, however, gave another red light.

"New student?" The woman behind the counter said in a not unfriendly, though businessy voice. "I'm sorry, but I fear you'll have to pass by the IT department to get that activated before you can eat here. Do you know where that is?"

You had received amap of the school campus, which, of course, indicated that IT was on the other side. And campus was big.
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Sazama
Raw
GM
Avatar of Sazama

Sazama Soft Apocalypse

Member Seen 1 mo ago

Mirela started to get more flustered as her card kept swiping red lights. When the woman informed her that she'll have to make a trip to the IT department, Mirela could hear her stomach shout in protest.

She better make good pace toward the other side of campus, hopefully, she could make it to the building before she dies of starvation.
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Blue2
Raw
Avatar of Blue2

Blue2

Member Seen 6 mos ago

Surely that was possible. The IT office ended up having only a small IT sign next to the door, but once you'd found it, you'd see there weren't many people there. In fact, it seemed to be empty. The door was open, though and the sign said that the department would be open for another half hour so you had made it in time. There was only one light on, though.
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by Sazama
Raw
GM
Avatar of Sazama

Sazama Soft Apocalypse

Member Seen 1 mo ago

Mirela caught her breath right as she reached the front of the building. Thankfully she made it just in time. Although there seems to be only one person working in the IT office, she crept towards the door. She knocks on the side of the door frame to let the IT guy know of her presence,
"Hi there, I'm Mirela and I'm new. I was told to come here to get my student card activated?"
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by Blue2
Raw
Avatar of Blue2

Blue2

Member Seen 6 mos ago

"Hello!" A voice called from the back of the room. There was some rummaging and then from.inder a desk appeared the IT guy man. He had blond har, which was shaven short, he wore subtle glasses and a black, faded t-shirt from some metal band or other and as he got up, you could see he was wearing jeans. "Hold on." He said "Let me turn this on." He pushed a button and the computer on the desk he was just beneath whirred to life. He looked at the screen for a few seconds, then turned to you and glanced at your pass.

"Inactive, huh?" He came to you and held his hand out for the pass. "You're the third one today, seventeenth this week! I don't know what they were doing when they activated the batch, but someone clearly didn't know what they were doing." He mumbked somethingbin Dutch as he took your card to a computer and swiped it. He punched in something you couldn't see, then swiped it again. "There." He said, handing you the pass back. "Would you like a... Thingy, to put it in?" He held up a card holder which you could attach to your clothing. The pass was credit-card size and could fit in your wallet as well if you oreferred.

But as he showed you the holder, behind hin the air shimmered an a figure appeared. The demon was tall, dressed in black and had red markings painted over his face. He held out a hand with bony fingers as he glared at the IT guy and a black ball of smoke appeared in his hand, which he seemed to be aiming for the IT guy, who had not yet noticed the silent visitor.
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by Sazama
Raw
GM
Avatar of Sazama

Sazama Soft Apocalypse

Member Seen 1 mo ago

"Thanks and uh.." Mirela stared wide-eyed behind the IT employee as a demon figure suddenly appears out of nowhere. When the demon was ready to assault the poor guy, she quickly pushed him to the side.
"Quick, run!" Mirela yelled, as she now stood between him and the demon.
So much for being secretive... She thought to herself as she placed a hand on the nearby desk which was made of some sort of metal. After a second, a chunk of the desk had been taken out and in her hands were gripped two swords.
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by Blue2
Raw
Avatar of Blue2

Blue2

Member Seen 6 mos ago

The IT guy turned around and saw the demon. "Wow." He ducked just in time to avoid the ball of blackness, which hit the computer instead, swzllowing it whole. The demon growled and turned his attention to you. "Stay out of it, witch!" He snarled and looked again at the IT guy who was now scurrying behind a desk for cover. It was still a few meters (10 feet) towards the exit but the demon had a clear view of the door. If he tried to go for that he would be an easy target. Meanwhile the demon readied another ball of black smoke and started to make his way towards the IT guy, who was getting his phone.
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by Sazama
Raw
GM
Avatar of Sazama

Sazama Soft Apocalypse

Member Seen 1 mo ago

"Nope, not going to happen." Mirela shouts at the demon who was starting to ready another attack on the IT guy. She hurls one sword toward the demon, successfully stabbing it through its left leg.
The demon growled in pain but still ignored her.
Mirela placed her hand on one of the nearby computers. After immense concentration, she makes a device that can emit a blinding light.
"Look away!" Mirela shouts as she tosses it between the demon and his victim.
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by Blue2
Raw
Avatar of Blue2

Blue2

Member Seen 6 mos ago

When the swords hit, the demon's black ball of oblivion came down on a chair nect to him, removing it from existence completely. When the light appeared, hi screamed in anger or pain or both, covering his eyes. The demon snarled and, still blinded, turned to you, obviously realising you were not moving aside. He seemed to be pretty sturdy. It would take some effort to vanquish him.

Meanwhile the IT guy had got whoever he wanted to call on the phone and was whispering furiously about a demon and where he was.
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by Sazama
Raw
GM
Avatar of Sazama

Sazama Soft Apocalypse

Member Seen 1 mo ago

Mirela stumbled back forth as the light was too bright even when you turned away from it. She faced the demon in a defensive stance, both hands gripping the sword. She glances at the IT guy who was still surprisingly in the room but was on the phone. She assumes that he's calling the police which would spell even more trouble for her if more non-magics got involved.
But for now her main focus would be getting rid of the demon in the room. Luckily his attention was now focused onto her. She has never faced a demon head-on before, and she was pretty sure it would take more than a sword to win this fight.
Hidden 11 mos ago 11 mos ago Post by Blue2
Raw
Avatar of Blue2

Blue2

Member Seen 6 mos ago

If the IT guy tried to get out of there, he would be in the line of fire. Perhaps he would try to run when the demon was distracted enough. He hung up the phone an peered over the desk to look at the demon, then ducked again and looked at you. The demon created another one of those black balls and threw it at you, but the IT guy kicked a chair in his direction, making the demon stumble. The ball missed you by a hair. As it flew by you, for a moment you could feel the darkness of oblivion inside it. If that hit, you wouldsimply cease to exist.

Now the demon was really pissed. He disappeared and in the same shimmering fashion he appeared behind you. He held up both hands and in each a ball of darkness began to form. From this position he could throw one at each of you.



↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet