Whappachang! A WIP gotta flesh out her background
Jessica van der Linde
31 | ♀
Height: 1.73m (5'7")
Weight: 73kg (156lbs)
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Brown
Jessica is a fit woman with a slightly darker complexion. Standing at 5'7", she's slightly taller than average and even at a first glance is in good shape. She keeps her hair short to ensure it never gets in the way. She's not the type of girl that would admit to wearing make-up, as she views it as being too girly, but she does apply some eye shadow.
As far as clothing goes, Jessica prefers practicality over fashion. You'll often see her wearing simple shirts and comfy hoodies.
Growing up as the youngest in a family with 5 brothers, Jessica never really had the opportunity to grow up as a girl. Competition was the name of the game. It should come as no one's surprise that this led her to grow up as more of a tomboy. It sure didnt help that she grew up in an army family. Her grandfather served, her mother served and at least 3 of her brothers serve now as well. The sense of competition and proving herself is still deeply ingrained inside her, making her boastful and at times a bit hotheaded and reckless.
She can come off as a bit coarse at first, especially against those she considers a worthy challenge (which, considering we're in the army, consists of just about everybody). That said, she's highly loyal to hierarchies. A sense of duty was instilled in the girl from a young age by both her mother and father, which has led her to somewhat revere those in stations above hers.
When she has free time, you'll mostly find her in the gym working out or in the hangars, annoying the engineers working on her HELIX.
✔ Big guns
✔ Showing proper decorum
✔ Inu Shiba's
✘ The typical alpha male
Jessica is the youngest of 6 siblings and the only girl in the family, combine this with a family dynamic that centered around the army and you had the recipe for a tough upbringing. Her great grandfather had served, so had her grandfather and her mother as well. Military life was instilled within Jessica from a young age.
Height: 18m (59') Standing straight, 14m (45') in siege mode
Weight: 1.780kg (3.924lbs)
Role: Heavy Fire Support, Electronic Warfare, Direct Artillery
Speed: 45 kph
Maximum speed: 120 kph
Power Plant: FusionWorks M4 "Phaeton"
Power Output: 582 kw/h
Armor Type: Chemical Reactive (spacing)
Armor thickness: 1500mm (59")
Manufacturer: Awallah Heavy Industries©
- Twin 30mm Gatling Guns situated in the head compartment. These are linked up directly to the pilot's head gear, allowing them to simply look at wherever they want to shoot. Primarily designed as a force multiplier and counter against ground vehicles and infantry.
- A high-powered prototype railgun bunker buster. Accurate fire does require a firing solution from a spotter, these can come from three sources: teammates, satellite imagery or the Hunter-Killer drones. The HELIX requires special anchoring into the ground in order to fire the railgun effectively, otherwise the sheer recoil would knock the frame over. Requires the magnets to charge before a shot can be fire, however a shot can be fired prematurely at less power.
- Cockpit buster pneumatic drill. A specialized tool that fire a close range pneumatic drill intended to pierce a HELIX's armor and crush the pilot within.
- A specialized radar dome that has vastly superior radar capabilities compared to most conventional radars. This radar also provides more accurate information on targets, such as speed, weight and within visual range, identification of the model HELIX. This dome also provides ECM (Electronic Counter Measures), jamming the radar of nearby hostile frames and run interference on their targeting sensors.
- Each leg is equipped with a 6 pod missile launcher, capable of firing 12 missiles per volley. Missiles can be changed depending on mission parameters:
GTAM - Ground-To-Air-Missiles: special anti-air missiles developed to counter fighter jets.
LRM - Long Range Missiles: missiles with a high fuel count, capable of being launched across several kilometers. Uses the HELIX's radar dome for a more accurate targeting solution.
SRM - Short Range Missiles: the short range cousin of the LRM, these missiles feature a lower fuel count but higher explosive yield. Uses the HELIX's radar dome for a more accurate targeting solution.
DFM - Dumbfire Missiles: fire and forget missiles that have no targeting guidance and require manual aiming. Feature the highest explosive yield.
Other Armaments (loose items)
- Nano-fiber blade. A blade using flexible nano-fiber, allowing for easy storage within the hilt itself while still maintaining devastating sharpness. Cuts through metal like a hot knife through butter, but can only be used for a few minutes before the nano-fiber requires recharging. Can be employed as a whip as well.
- Nanobot smoke grenade. A specialized smoke grenade filled with nanobots that eat away at metal. While not too effective against HELIX frames, given that their speed can easily outmaneuver the cloud, these grenades are devastating against slower or immobile targets. Doesnt affect biological material.
- Hunter-Killer Drones. Autonomous drones that provides additional fire support, as well as a targeting solution for the railgun. They are equipped with either 20mm gatling guns or missile launchers, depending on pilot preference.