Mixed Heritage (One half genie, one quarter human, one quarter dream creature made real)
Slave Warrior/Mobile Fighter/Disciple of Air
Age - 91
Height - 6'3"
Weight - 110lbs (Solid Muscle but the Genie in him makes him strangely light)
Eyes - Emerald Green
Hair - Pitch Black
Skin - Light Dusty Blue
Expert Level Skills -
Anthropology, Archaeology, Astronomy & Navigation, Biology, Botany, Mathematics, Art, Breed Animals, Gemology, General Repair, History, Languages, Literacy, Lore: Demons & Monsters, Lore: Faerie Folk, Lore: Geomancy & Ley Lines, Lore: Magic, Lore: Religion, Masonry, Rope Works, Sailing, Sculpting & Whittling, Writing, Animal Husbandry, Brewing, First Aid, Holistic Medicine, Surgeon/Medical Doctor, All Weapons not Mastered
Master Level Skills -
Acrobatics, Athletics (general), Body Building & Weight Lifting, Boxing, Climb/Scale Walls, Forced March, Gymnastics, Juggling, Prowl, Running, Swimming, Wrestling, Weapon Use - Blunt, Weapon Use - Crossbow
Racial Magic & Abilities -
Supernatural Strength -
Carry 5x body weight while maintaining vigorous activity
Carry 10x body weight while walking
Lift 20x body weight
Walks on Clouds (can manipulate clouds like they were solid)
He can leap up to 20' up and 40' across with a running start. Half with a dead start of encumbered.
Powerful Lungs - Can blow a person over with a breath (Strong Push)SPECIAL Inactive - Flight, change size at will, turn into smoke, create food & drink, granting wishes.
Disciple of Air Magic -Breathe Without Air
-This spell enables the person affected to function totally without air, whether it be underwater, in a vacuum, or in an area with little or no oxygen. This spell does not protect the person from magic toxins and gases (miasma, cloud of slumber, dragon's breath, etc.) or any other type of magic, but it does protect against natural and man-made gas, smoke, foul odors and pollution.Cloud of Slumber
- This spell creates a 20x20x20 foot (6x6x6 m) cloud which instantly induce magical sleep on all who pass through it. They cannot be roused until the cloud vanishes or they are dragged from it, in which case they will wake in a minute.Cloud of Steam
- This spell creates a cloud of steam that covers a 30 foot area (9 m) up to 90 feet (27.4 m) away. Anyone caught in the cloud, or passing through it, will take heat damage. The steam also temporarily blinds anyone within.Create Light
- The caster is able to magically create a light that is equivalent to a good lantern. The intensity of the light can be changed by a thought. The light can remain stationary or follow the caster. It will not affect vampires.Create Mild Wind (2 mph/3.2 km)
- This spell conjures up a mild wind about two mph (3.2 km). The caster can control the wind's direction and can direct it up to 400 feet (122m) away.Shocking Grasp
- The spell gives the caster an electrical field around their hands. Touching a person will cause that person to be harmed with a powerful shock. This can kill weak individuals but a stun is more likely.Stop Wind
- The caster is able to completely still the wind for a 100 foot (30.5m) radius. No breeze or wind can penetrate this area; all is still. This spell only affects non magical winds gusting under 25 mph (40 km).Thunder Clap
- The caster is able to create a booming clap of thunder that is so loud that it seems to make the air vibrate. This is can be an effective method of intimidation, showing one's anger, power, or simple theatrics. The boom can cause fright in people who aren't hardened or weren't expecting it.Change Wind Direction
- This spell enables the caster to change the wind to blow in any direction he wants. Such a change can be made as often as three times per melee round, within the spell's duration period.Create Air
- The caster creates breathable air in a six foot (1.8 m) area. This is not an air "bubble" so it must be done in an enclosed area, otherwise it will just dissipate. This spell does not work under water.Heavy Breathing
- The caster is able to conjure a mysterious, menacing sound of heavy, labored breathing as if something invisible was lurking about. The caster can mentally manipulate the sound, increasing or decreasing the breathing rhythm and move the sound around up to 60 feet (18.3m) away. The breathing can be heard in a six foot (1.8 m) radius. Those hearing the breathing are likely to become fearful and panicky. Howling Wind
- The caster is able to create a mild wind which creates an ominous, ghostly howling, reminiscent of a banshee's low moaning when death is near. All who hear the wind will become nervous and/or fearful. Levitate
- The caster can lift himself, another person, or object straight up into the air. Maximum weight is 1000 pounds. The maximum height is 150 feet. Levitation is the ability to rise straight up into the air, horizontal movement is impossible without outside help or spells.Mesmerism
- The caster conjures a nearly invisible mist that swirls around as many as two people or animals. The magic induce a hypnotic state that dulls the wits. Victims lose all sense of time and distance, and are slow to react.Miasma
- This spell creates a poisonous vapor that can be cast up to 100 feet (30.5 m) away and affects a 20 foot (6 m) area. Those affected will instantly fall ill, struck with fever and vomiting. Northwind
- The warlock is able to create a biting cold wind gusting up to 15mph (24 km). This wind will chill everyone to the bone unless they seek shelter or bundle up; drops temperature to about 10 degrees below freezing.Silence
- Creates an atmospheric condition that enables the warlock to control the air vibrations and muffle any sound.Air Bubble
- The caster is able to create a durable 15 foot (4.6 m) diameter air bubble. The air bubble will contain breathable air for its duration and can be used underwater or in a vacuum. The bubble can be easily pierced and popped.Lightning
- This spell creates a lightning bolt which can be directed at any specific target. The lightning bolt shoots from the casters fingertips.Float in Air
- This spell creates air currents which hold a person or object aloft hovering about one foot above the ground. It can be used to slow someone's descent from a fall or used to float on top of water. Movement is
awkward and slow. Darkness
- This is an unnatural darkness which cannot be dispelled by normal fires. Nightvision and other means of enhanced vision are cut to half by the enchanted darkness. Only the caster is unaffected. Fingers of the Wind
- The caster can conjure a wind and manipulate it to touch, tap, bump, or press against a person or object. It can also put out candles, open and close windows and doors, or move or knock over small items weighing less than 10 pounds (4.5 kg)Northern Lights
- This spell conjures forth a kaleidoscope of swirling, changing colors that dazzle and entrance ALL who behold it. Victims will gaze helplessly into the beautiful dancing colors, not speaking, moving, attacking, etc., for the duration of the light show. All senses return at the spells end. However, the magic is broken if any of the entranced people are attacked!Resist Cold
- The caster is able to resist/ignore the effects of cold functioning without discomfort or ill effects in temperatures as low as zero.Walk the Wind
- This is a sort of limited fly spell enabling those enchanted person to hover up to 20 feet (6 m) above the ground and glide along the wind currents. Air Disciples love to impress people by casting this spell and
walking into the sky as if climbing a staircase. The caster can glide on the wind at speeds of up to 20 mph (32 km).Wind Rush (60 mph)
- This spell creates a short, powerful wind gust at 60 mph (96.5 km) that is capable of knocking people down, knocking riders off their mounts, blowing small objects about 100 feet (30.5 m) away, or creating dust storms. The wind can be directed by the caster at one specific target or a general sweep (maximum wind width 20 feet/6 m). Any character caught by the wind blast is helpless and unable to attack or move forward. It may take additional time to gather up all the items blown away.
When Mardach was created, he knew he was a clone of a man by the name of Jarym. He was even given a fragment of his soul encased in flesh made from dreams and visions. In his first moments of life, he only knew the genie and the very sick looking man. Mardach didn’t know who Jarym was or why he came only that somehow he could help him through his master. Master was the genie who created him. He didn’t know much, he knew the languages of the original Jarym and he knew his heart was broken… in complete pain… but he didn’t know why. He knew his palms contained strange tattoos that moved. He would die for master or do anything for master. His entire purpose was known and he knew he didn’t expect to live very long. He didn’t fight it or argue it. He always, always did what was told of him from master. Master took him away from Jarym to a wonderful world in the clouds and then experiments began. Most were painful as though his heart was being broken into smaller pieces and then being put back together. There were many moments when Mardach wished that the experiments would end and that master would let him sleep… but that day never came.
One day after the pain vanished… Mardach noticed that his skin had turned blue. Master was very upset. It was a very bad day. It was then that the experiments ended. Master told him that a part of his own essence was mixed now with him. That he the clone was now a living soul. That he couldn’t be experimented on anymore and that he’d have to find a life. He gave Mardach his name and put him in a school in the Genie city of Ulniz. Leaving Mardach alone, Mardach was asked if he wanted to learn fast by a genie with a sly smile. Mardach agreed and was transported off dimension to a new world controlled by the genies which held a library. In time Mardach found the needs to sleep and eat and love and live. He also developed a strange interest in learning everything and he spent countless days in the library reading anything that they would let him. Still as the custodians of the library knew he wasn’t a true genie they wouldn’t allow him to read many books. A section of the library was created that he wasn’t allowed to read. At first this didn’t bother him, because there were so many other things to read. And every week, he attended the Air Temple which helped him to learn of the ways of Air. It seemed that he had the affinity to learn the ways of Air. At first the instructor didn’t want him as he wasn’t a true genie. But with time he was accepted. Learning how to bend the winds to his will was fun and natural. He had learned so much at school that he was eager to put his knowledge into practice. Having graduated, he went home to find that his years were his master’s day. His master was again very displeased. Apparently using the temporal distortion to study was a very, very expensive way to learn. And Mardach had spent more than 80 years learning every topic there was to learn. All the subjects were added and tallied and multiplied by the time distortion surcharge. His master was charged the entire debt which was payable immediately. Upset by this, the genie sold Mardach into slavery, but still was out of pocket for the rest. Mardach accepted his fate at the time as genies viewed periods of slavery as natural. He would never say an unkind word about his master.
For many years he worked in the courts of a king in a far off dimension. He learned many life lessons and things about the ways of humans there. He had many days of back breaking labor. He learned to fight and kill another living creature. He was working his way up in the world and the king was pleased with him. Until one fateful night he vanished.
Three Guild students in Mannaz, who had heard of the tales of the genie went into the summoning chambers. They had a deal. Each one would get one of the wishes. Their teachers didn’t know what they were doing. They had searched every Air dimension… and it seemed like there was literally nothing that they could get their hands on in the Air worlds. So one night Jazmin told the others that maybe the genies were protected in their home realm… that maybe they should search parallel worlds to find a genie… not under the same protection, but trapped in a bottle waiting to be summoned. The three were very excited that night and pooled all their money for amplification crystals.
They were very surprised when Marbach appeared in the circle. They all rushed to make their wishes. Marbach didn’t want to leave the world he was just in. He turned to escape the open portal but the greedy students closed it first for fear he would escape. He just stared at them for a while, before finally telling them that he didn’t have the power to grant wishes. The students were close to sending him back when a teacher arrived and told to leave the chambers at once. The teacher tried to banish Marbach but it didn’t work. He told the students that if the blue skinned man wasn’t dangerous, they would have to take me home with them and book more time to banish the blue man then.
The students left upset and not sure about what happened. Marbach didn’t like what happened and didn’t like the students and their greed. As they were discussing what to do with him and what a strange thing it was that the teacher couldn’t banish him… he mentioned that he was a living soul and student immediately clammed up and a plan was made and Marbach was smuggled out of the guild halls.