Aliases:'The Wall' 'The Paladin'
Race/Ethnicty: High Elf
Continent of Origin: Valenndale
Class/Subclass: Magick Knight
Appearance Description: When one thinks of the nobility of Elves, the appearance of a tall, thin creature comes into mind, physically frail but visually stunning. Amathel very much shows much of this. With her being so tall with such fair unblemished skin, her long ginger hair straight and oft pulled out of her way into a loose ponytail to rest along her back she is the very definition of an elf, though one would be sorely mistaken to assume that she is frail in any regard.
Though her youth was spent studying Constitution magic she eventually found happiness with the warriors, and years of physical training and battle has given Amathel lean muscle to rival any warrior or athlete, muscle easily hidden beneath flowing cloth and well placed steel armor.
Day To Day Attire: Her armor is her default attire, green cloth and Elvish steel covering her from the neck down, though it is not unheard of to see her wearing just a set of simple trousers and a shirt, or at least as simple as simple can be where Elves are concerned.
Strengths: Max of 3
- Physical Combat
- Constitution Magic
- Cultivation Magic
Weaknesses: Minimal of 3
- Anger Issues
- Ranged Combat
Courageous * Honorable * Aggressive * Abrasive
Relationship Status: Married
Personality: To say Amathel is abrasive is an understatement. Outwardly she cares little for the feelings of others, only for their safety. If saving somebody from danger means harming their feelings and possibly making them hate her, so be it. She does have her weak spots though, she is a very lightweight drunk, always becoming emotional or quiet. She openly displays her affection for Lhaewnis, her wife, as well as her love of birds.
In combat, this quiet and harsh elf becomes a terror for her foes, a true wall between death itself and her allies. She can become near suicidal at times, forcing her way through her foes with her shield readied, all but daring her foes to strike her, to focus on her and her alone. She brings all the attention to herself and herself alone. Anybody who can consider themselves her ally can expect her to be their shield.
- Tea Drinker
Fears: 3 real fears that make your character unhinged
- Death of Family
Likes: 6 minimal
- Clear starry nights
- ( A potent alcahol that tastes more like thick fruit juice than alcahol )
Dislikes: 6 minimal
- Overly optimistic people
- Dark Elves
- Animal Hunters
A listing of skills, such as horseback riding, and natural abilities, such as night vision.
- Climber An explorative girl in her youth, she has retained an ability to climb near sheer objects with no trouble, no matter her armor or weapons.
- Great-shield Combat: The Great-shield is no simple shield, to the uninitiated it is a heavy, unweily hunk of metal and wood unfit for anything more than immobile cover, but to Amathel it is so much more. She has learned to quickly and efficiently move while behind the cover of her massive shield, as well as use it as as much of a weapon as her blade, striking and pushing her foes just as much as she cuts them.
- Minor Alchemy: Her official training in Constitution magic and what she has learned from her love Lhaewnis has given her a knowlege of basic alchemy. While experimentation is beyond her, she has a knowledge of recipes for basic potions and salves that cure many an ailment that she may encounter on her travels.
- Skill: Description
- Mending Flesh - A well known healing spell, Mending flesh heals those other than the caster at the cost of both physical and magical energy, drawing on the natural energy of the caster as well as magic to help aid in the recovery of a target's wounds. This means it is not uncommon for a healer to pass out while casting this spell if they are not careful.
Deeper and more life threatening wounds cannot be properly healed by this spell, and take much longer for the magic to take effect. Scars and even loss of life is not uncommon if the caster is unable to enact the spell fast enough, or long enough for the magic to take hold.
- Reactive Mending - A spell that self targets a caster, reactive Mending is a spell requiring at least 5 minutes to cast, and must be activated within 3-4 hours after casting else the spell is wasted. Reactive Mending is only able to be cast once at a time per mage, and is activated upon receiving a grievous wound, a blade to the gut, a broken bone, spellfire upon bare flesh. A very potent spell if used properly.
Possessions Generally On Person: Clothing, coin purse, money, etc
Weapons: Personal weapons, no magically enhanced items
- Steel Sword: The blade slightly curved, this sword is her go-to weapon and a wedding gift from her father.
- Great-shield: Another wedding gift from her father, this massive wall of steel is surprisingly light for it's size, but nonetheless heavy and sturdy.
- Diary: The massive book at her hip details much, from her thoughts on those she meets, to academical recipes and the travels she goes on as well as faux letters she has no intention of sending, many of the things Amathel does not say outwardly can be found here.
Armor: Base armor only, no magically enhanced items
- Steel Armor: Like most other elvish armor, the steel that Amathel wears is sturdy and lightweight, fitting for a knight on the move. The cloth she wears is part of the armor as well, thick and warm, it aids in the stopping of arrows and spell-fire as the steel aids in the stopping of blades.
Pack Contents: What do you carry in you pack when traveling
- Stuffed Toy Rabbit: Stuffed away in her bag, the rabbit was a gift from her love when they were both very young, and as a result she never goes anywhere without it. It's a ratty thing, old but clearly well loved.
- Dried Fruits: Never one for meat, Amathel always has a large amount of these snack-like dried fruits.
- Item: Description
- Item: Description
Potions: Premade or prepurchased potions
- ' Mana ' Potion: Rarely used but nonetheless important, Amathel only purchases these potions when there is a certainty that she will have need of her healing magic.
Creation Materials: Anything used to brew potions or for alchemy
- Luna Moth Wing: A bug that quite obviously, only shows itself during the appearance of the moon, the wings are often used to create potions that restore one's magical energy.
- Namira's Rot: A fungus that is often found growing near the dead, be it plant or beast. Often used to create potions that restore magical energy.
- Bleeding Crown: A fungus known for it's abnormal resistance to magic, it is used to create potions that negate magical effects on the user, by either helping them resist outside spells or purging the body of harmful magic.
- Lavender: A surprising ingredient, like Bleeding Crown, this plant has an abnormal resistance to magic, making it a main ingredient of many potions that resist or dispel magic.
- Fly Amantia: Yet another mushroom used in alchemy, this fungus is used in potions that aid in the restoration of physical energy. Potions of this kind are not replacements for food or sleep, instead used as a supplement to both, or during an emergency to help one stay in a fight.
- Mora Tapinella: Surprise, it's another fungus. LikeFly Amantia it is a main ingredient in potions that help restore one's physical energy, one must be sure to treat potions of this kind with respect, as overuse can send the body into shock.
History: Born in Ellvanaan, more specifically the capital Mathhalon, Amathel spent much of her youth in the same way many other young elves did, studying magic. Though her focus of study was Constitution magic, she found a friend in her youth named Lhaewnis. Lhaewnis was an exceptionally quiet girl with a love of wildlife, and as such it was not surprising to find that she was studying to be a cultivation mage.
Now, when two mages become as close as Amathel and Lhaewnis had become, it is not uncommon for spells to rub off on one another, be it through actual teaching or an intelligent and observant nature. The two girls met one another at no older than seven and became near inseparable afterwards, bringing together their families and growing closer every day.
As time went on, Amathel abandoned her studies in favor of the life of a warrior, choosing the Great-Shield of all things as her favored weapon. Though Amathel was often gone, either on her own adventures or on duties given by those above her, she always found time to return home to Lhaewnis. The two, now young women of 25 and 24, had now spent years together. Lhaewnis had been in and then quickly out of the dating scene, and Amathel had found no time for anybody else save Lhaewnis. The words were unspoken, it was as if they both already knew what they both felt.
They were only truly married years later after Amathel had returned home from her travels. Amathel had heard many things about the fog, but was not yet ready to leave her love alone. The ceremony was a quiet one, consisting on only close family. Amathel's father, the blacksmith, had spent years forging gifts alongside the rings he had helped his daughter create, and it seemed that now was appropriate of all times for him to present his daughter with the weapons and armor that she would wear on her journey to join The Order against the fog.
Character Quote: Something they say a lot or live by