Short description of the warrior.
Kass's armor is made in a lighter, more mobile style and sized for her roughly 165 cm tall frame, made of durasteel and blaster-resistant fibercloth. She's painted her armor in the gray of traditional Mandalorian mourning colors for her former family, but with blood-red highlights similar to her mother's to honor her parent. Underneath it she doesn't look very much like a hardened killer. She has a slight, almost delicate build, skin tanned from long hours in the sun, soft brown eyes, delicate features and most notably dark brown hair that she keeps in a single nearly waist-length braid. When out of her armor she often seems skittish and insecure, checking every corner and ready to bolt at any minute.
A closer examination reveals the iron underneath though. Her hands are calloused from long hours of practice with the kal
. Her frame is slight but wiry with muscle and she carries herself abnormally lightly and efficiently. When startled she's more likely to draw a blaster or a blade than run and when bored or anxious her fingers often drum against the sheathes and holsters of weapons that she keeps on her person even out of her armor. When she does go without armor, she favors more typical clothing than her mother's choice of training clothes, but always with an eye for maneuverability, practicality and ability to blend with the locals. In short, a pretty Alderaanian flower grafted together with strong, thorny Mandalorian roots.
Brief report on all relevant skills and talents, including level of skill.Non-Combat SkillsTracking
- Grasslands, Mountains, Urban (Basic)Survival
- Grasslands, Mountains, Urban (Basic)Gear maintenance and customization
(Basic): Like all Mandalorians, Kass is adept at maintaining and customizing a wide array of personal gear to her own specifications. She's even more dedicated to doing so than average and spends much of her free time modifying and tinkering with her equipment and has an interest in technology and engineering in general.Languages
(Basic): Kass is fluent in Galactic Standard Basic and Mando'a, but oddly enough has some knowledge of both written and spoken High Galactic, along with its derivative Old Alderaanian. Speeder/Swoop Bike Piloting and Engineering
(Basic): As a hobby, Kass enjoys racing swoop bikes through both rough terrain and urban environments and has built up her own bike over the course of the past year from nearly the ground up. She got her initial experiences with vehicles by sabotaging them during her days as a guerrilla and is still just as proficient at breaking as she is at using and fixing.Musical Ability
- Flute, Singing (Intermediate): Apparently a skill cultivated in her even during her pre-battlefield childhood on Alderaan, Kass can skillfully and soulfully play and sing a number of both Alderaanian and Mandalorian pieces and used songs to help her learn Mando'a quicker over the past two years of her life with Clan Ordo. Starship Piloting and Engineering
(Novice): As an extension of her love of technological tinkering and as a means to make herself more useful to her mother Kass has been learning how to pilot and maintain starships of various sizes. However, she has relatively little practice in high stress situations and the bulk of her experience is in simulators.Diplomacy
(Novice): Thanks to training and education from her mother, Kass has a much better grasp of diplomacy and the historical and political situation of the Galaxy than average for her age. She's been taught the basics of reading and negotiating with others and the histories of the Jedi, Sith and her own Mandalorian people. She also has a surprisingly solid grasp of courtly etiquette for her age. Her skills in actually navigating through serious negotiations of any kind are almost completely untested and she's still just as prone to mistakes, impulsiveness and poor decision making as any girl her age.Combat Skills
Blaster Pistol- Heavy, Holdout (Basic)
Unarmed Combat (Basic)
Quickdraw- Blades, Pistols (Basic)
Swordsmanship (Intermediate): Thanks to heavy emphasis on blade-work in her training from Ca'tra, Kass is skilled at using the traditional Mandalorian beskad
sword and kal
dagger in combat, both individually and together. Whether in or out of armor her blades are her weapon of choice if she's forced to confront an enemy at anything even resembling close range. However she will sometimes keep a pistol in one hand and her sword or dagger in the other to keep her ranges covered. She's grown so accustomed to the blades that she feels naked without them.
Armored Combat (Intermediate): For the past year and a half Kass has lived and fought almost constantly in her Mandalorian armor. Moving and fighting with the weight of her armor comes naturally to her now and especially given the lighter design favored by both her and her mother she can do so with deceptive agility, flexibility and speed. This also covers using her helmet's sensors and targeting equipment and fighting with her built-in vambrace weapons.Combat Talents
Sniping (Trained Talent): Kassiana is a prodigy with a sniper rifle and she claims that as long as she has time to line up her shot she'll never miss. A claim she's always backed up so far, often without a rangefinder or high tech targeting equipment. Even under high pressure conditions or when facing environmental or situational obstacles she's still a pretty good shot and she can occasionally pull off shots that seem ridiculous to others. She specializes in slugthrower rifles but is just as proficient with sniper-style blaster rifles.
Guerilla Warfare (Trained Talent): Kass has a natural understanding of the tactics used in unconventional warfare, assassinations and sabotage. As an 11-year-old child she was able to continuously damage and demoralize hostile forces in the war torn Glarus Valley on Alderaan while holding out for over a year on her own. She's experienced at hit-and-fade and hit-and-run tactics, locating ideal positions for sniping, laying traps and ambushes and sabotage operations.
Opinion on the Neo Crusader movement vs traditional Crusader?
Kass's opinion on the situation generally reflects her mother's, Mandalore should belong to the Mandalorians. She would rather crush the Empire than work with them, but cares even more for the well-being of her home and her people. Neither side is right, but if they have to work with either the Neo-Crusaders are slightly better.
Detailed notes on common/favored employers, noteworthy contacts and rivals.
Kassiana is young and still in training, so she has yet to build any noteworthy contacts outside of Clan Ordo or gain enough notoriety to attract rivals.
Psychological evaluation of warrior.
Hints of who Kassiana was before her current life show a refined, serious and sometimes pragmatic young woman with a surprising grasp of etiquette and politics for her age. This is even more noticeable on those occasions where she's 'working' as Cat'ra's aide and self-appointed bodyguard. Underneath that hardened shell, Ca'tra's influence becomes more clear. She relishes the opportunity to test herself and thrive, whether in combat, in racing and dueling swoop bikes, or by figuring out how to get some new gadget or vehicle mod to work. She's also fiercely proud of her family, her Mandalorian heritage and especially her mother.
Ca'tra has become central to Kass's life. She adores her mother and depends on her to balance out her own seriousness and give her life structure beyond just fighting and killing. Cat'ra brought her off the battlefield, gave her reasons to live again instead of just survive and treated her like child for possibly the first time in her life. She admires her mother's ambition and skill and tries hard to emulate her enthusiasm for life and more energetic nature. Her goal in life at the moment is to become the leader of Clan Ordo after her mother or even the Mandalore someday.
All that said, Kass still can't entirely leave the ghosts of her past behind. She clings to the Mandalorian ideal that her past life no longer matters, but finds herself brooding on and even reliving the darker moments of her childhood repeatedly and the loss of her old family and heritage on war-torn Alderaan. She occasionally yearns to go back and resume her one-girl-crusade against the Imperials, maybe find some vestige of closure, but is normally more than happy to acknowledge that her current life with Ca'tra and her Mandalorian family are better than anything she had on Alderaan.
List of known belongings, including but not limited to planetary surface property, civilian and military vessels, vehicles, weapons, tools.Slugthrower Rifle
- Kass's pride, joy and oldest 'companion' is her Czerka Adventurer model Slugthrower rifle. Heavily modified for optimal range, accuracy and power and able to accept a wide variety of slug-based ammo including explosive, incendiary, tracking beacon and mercy bullets. It can be silenced for extra discretion, broken down to more easily smuggle through security and is accurate out to 450 meters.Heavy Blaster Pistol
- Kass's customized blaster pistol is another one of her favorite possessions. It's compact but strong and able to overcharge in order to fire an even more powerful bolt at the cost of a brief cooldown. Extra modifications have made it accurate out to 150 meters.Beskad and Kal
- the weapons she feels most comfortable with after her rifle, her blades are high quality beskar steel and engraved with the symbol of Clan Ordo on the blade and pommel. The Beskad is heavy and very edge-forward in shape and balance, closer to a hammer or machete in use. The lighter and quicker Kal dagger pairs with it to match its flaws. She rarely feels comfortable without her Beskad by her side, but on any occasion where she might have to go without it, she almost always has her Kal dagger somewhere on her person.Bes'bev
- A gift from her mother after her first full year with Clan Ordo. This is a traditional Mandalorian flute that just happens to be made of Mandalorian Iron, weighted for combat and sharpened at the tip. It can function as a heavy club or a stabbing weapon at need, but retains all the function of an ordinary flute. Holdout Pistols
- a pair of customized blaster pistols small enough to fit in Kass's palms and used mainly as an emergency ranged weapon or when being visibly armed would be unacceptable. They pack a surprising punch and a stun setting but can only hold six shots each with a maximum range of 3 meters. In armor, one is usually concealed in her right boot, the other in a holster at the small of her back, under her cape. Out of armor she'll strap both in wherever will be best hidden.Armor
- Kass's Mandalorian Armor, forged together by herself and Ca'tra and made of a mix of durasteel plating and flexible armor mesh fabric. Apart from giving her extra protection, the armor can vacuum seal and pressurize itself to protect against biohazards, water or vacuum and has an hour-long reserve of breathable atmosphere. The boots can magnetize or deploy spikes for enhanced grip or a painful kick and the gloves include magna-glove functions that allow her to stick to metal surfaces, hold onto her weapons and even quickly call metal items to her hands at a short distance. Her helmet contains a variety of sensors and optics along with a retractable induction port for drinking in-armor.Mandalorian Vambraces
- Special vambraces worn by Mandalorian warriors to help counteract the powers of the Jedi. Kass's vambraces contain a flamethrower, an adjustable liquid grapple line, power-adjustable micro-repulsors, a weak blaster and power-adjustable miniaturized explosives.Swoop Bike
- Kass's custom made swoop bike. Built to have better handling and durability than most engine-on-a-seat racing swoops, it's still stripped down and has an engine modified to have acceleration, speed and height maximums that massively exceeds the safe limit for a speeder bike. It's been done up in the same red and gray of her armor.
List and description of known and suspected flaws. To be put into restricted database.Hypervigilance
- Kassiana has trouble turning off her survivor's mindset when out of combat or dangerous situations and her senses sometimes get overwhelmed as she tries to take in any and everything. Whenever she walks into a room, she has an almost unstoppable habit to look for avenues of escape, positions and situations that someone might use to attack and ways she can fight and disable anyone nearby even if they're friends or allies, which is naturally distressing. When highly stressed, loud noises and sudden movement can provoke a defensive or even hostile response from her without conscious thought, though Cat'ra is helping her overcome this.Cockiness
- Not her most prominent fault, but Kass has almost supreme confidence in her skills and abilities. Although some of this is justified because of her prodigy nature, it can lead her to overextend herself and get in trouble or insist that she's the only one who can do things right. Hotheadedness
- Kass has some anger issues and violent tendencies that become even more pronounced towards the Empire and Houses Rist and Thul of Alderaan. Along with her need for vengeance and her slow burning but violent temper, she's got her mother's love of combat and fights and will gladly scrap with anyone who gives her the opportunity.Vulnerable Unarmed
- Kassiana is primarily a long range fighter and swordswoman and until recently panicked if an opponent got inside her range without a weapon in hand. Ca'tra has made serious progress in changing this but she's still least comfortable with empty handed fighting. She's painfully aware of this weakness and due to both training and her own psychological traumas, becomes massively anxious whenever she doesn't have a weapon close at hand.
Major achievements on record.
At just age 11 Kass spent over a year as a solo guerrilla fighter in the war torn Glarus Valley Region of Alderaan. She disrupted attempts to resupply the Imperial Outposts in the area and performed sabotage and assassinations against Imperial personnel and their local House Thul allies. She did all of this with only her slugthrower sniper rifle and stolen equipment and supplies.
Kass earned her spot in Clan Ordo and successfully adapted to Mandalorian life, including becoming fluent in Mando'a and forging her own armor with Ca'tra's help.
Kass gained hard-earned proficiency in Ca'tra's style of swordplay with both Beskad
Convinced her mother to allow her to join her work in a formal capacity as an aide and informally as a bodyguard.
Survived for three minutes in a duel against the leader of Clan Ordo in order to gain permission to take her place by her mother's side.
Major failures on record.
Repeatedly failed in hand-to-hand combat training, initially straight up panicking whenever she took the first hit in a match. Progress has been made since but it's still her weakest area.
Failed at cooking for her mother several times, with the latest attempt actually setting a good portion of their apartment and kitchen on fire before emergency systems kicked in to put it out.
Missed her target during quickdraw practice aboard the ship and created a hole that Ca'tra needed to patch in flight.