Antonio De Luca
"If you live by the gun you'll die by the gun, I promise you that."
Antonio "Blue Bones" De LucaEthnicity
Italian American (Half Irish and Half Sicilian)Age
Antonio is tall and robust with an athletic build that shows he clearly takes care of himself. He's got jet black hair that is always kept short and a well trimmed beard that rarely grows beyond stubble. His tanned skin and brown eyes clearly distinguish his Sicilian descent, but not enough to convince someone he was entirely Sicilian. Antonio and his late father Giuseppe look a lot more alike however his Irish mother Mary's face shows some resemblance to Antonio's. Being an Associate to the Pescatore family makes Antonio a decent living but not quite as much as a soldier or capo would. With a good amount of his money being given to his mother and little sister, he dresses much more casually than a true member of the mafia would. Several tattoos can be found on Antonio's body including the phrase "morte prima di disonore". Personality Traits
- Reliable: Though Antonio has a life outside of crime and a family to take care of, he'll answer a call to duty 99% of the time. Whether you need him to clip someone or dispose of evidence he's your man.
- Family Man: There isn't a lot Antonio wouldn't do for his family, blood or not. If you decide to hurt someone dear to him you can expect some serious retaliation.
- Loyal: Loyalty is something Antonio holds above everything else. A man could hold the most sinister job in the world yet as long as he is loyal, they are a saint in his book.
- Charming: Antonio is and always has been a rather gregarious person. He can easily start conversations and keep them going for several hours while giving the impression that he actually cares about what's being said.
- Stubborn: Antonio's mind doesn't change easily and he is hardheaded to the bone. However hard heads make for soft asses in the criminal world.
- Racist: Antonio doesn't discriminate against many races, in fact he accepts blacks and whites as equals. The only people he does discriminate against are those from Asia which he typically refers to as slants. This hatred developed after being harassed in Chinatown as a child and after being stabbed by two Chinese men in Rikers Island.
- Impulsive: Much like his father Antonio has a tendency to jump to decisions without much forethought, especially when provoked.
- Impatient: Antonio's mother describes him as "impatient as a hungry infant" because of his short temper and desire to get everything done now.Skills & Talents
- Proficient Boxer/Brawler: Antonio has been getting into scraps since early childhood however he began to take things more seriously when he was 15. Since he'd started making a little money running errands he spent the excess on boxing lessons that he'd later put to good use while in prison.
- Experienced Mechanic: Since a boy Antonio liked to tinker with things ranging from toys to his father's guns stashed throughout the apartment. Self taught for the most part Antonio has become a rather decent handyman.
- Resilience (Psychological and Physical): Growing up in a rough neighborhood and going to prison at a young age has toughened Antonio up. He's no badass superhero but he can certainly hold his own and seeing some nasty shit in the past has molded the softness of a boy into the hardened scales of a man.
- Shooter (Most experienced with handguns and shotguns): Growing up around guns has made Antonio quite familiar with them and how they work. Shotguns and handguns are what he's most accustomed to due to their ease of access compared to something like a fully automatic military grade BAR or M1 Garand.Weaknesses
- Very Bold: Sometimes courageous to a fault, Antonio has been known to do risky things just because he can. A dangerous flaw in a shark eat shark world.
- Overly Proud: Though he didn't get to know his father too well before his death he holds him in very high regards. Antonio is very proud to be a member of the De Luca bloodline because it's a family of (mostly) self made men.
- Ignorant: Lacking a father most of his life, Antonio relied on other father figures to teach him to be a man. The majority of these "father figures" were either washed up bootleggers or dirty cops which lead to some misinformation that is still around today.
- Dyslexic: Unfortunately dyslexia made school hard for Antonio and still makes everyday life somewhat challenging, he's learned to accept and cope with his disorder. Background Information
- Born to Giuseppe De Luca and Mary De Luca
in Allerton, Bronx, in 1921
- Little sister Alice De Luca
born in 1923
- Giuseppe De Luca
killed in a shootout with police in 1927
- Moves to Mott Haven, Bronx, in 1929
- Begins working as an errand boy for the Pescatore Family in 1935
- Gets arrested and takes the fall for the Pescatore Family in 1938
- Released from Rikers Island Prison in 1941 and continues to work under the Pescatore Family as an Associate
- Dodges draft due to priors and being falsely diagnosed with diabetes
- More opportunities emerge as an Associate thanks to Antonio's unwavering loyalty
- Moves to Williamsbridge, Bronx, in 1942
- Begins moving his own Heroin in Williamsbridge and Allerton with the aid of the Pescatore Family shortly after moving
- Friends from childhood and prison are invited to become business partners in 1942