Name: Jackson Andrews
Title(s): The Whole worth more than its Parts, America's Favourite Mage, Mosaic Eagle
Alignment: Lawful Good
Objective for the Grail: A united world government not controlled by agendas, where injustices against the whole of humanity are quickly dealt with and the world at large enjoys a relative peace.
Command Seal: It is a star flanked by a wings/tongues of flame.
Personality: Cool headed and well-mannered, he never denies anyone courtesy, even if they are his bitter enemies. He is resolute in his beliefs, but is willing to hear what other people have to say and is not above changing his mind when presented with new information. He is confident, polite and flexible.
Jackson Andrews is the affluent heir of the Andrews Estate, a wealthy American family who have a long history associated with the occult. They can trace their lineage all the way back the the Picts of Scotland where their ancestors practiced Runic Magic. Their family history is pockmarked with periods of strife and prosperity, having been forced to convert to Christianity by the Romans, exiled to America during the colonial period, their family coming under suspicion during the Witch Scare, and braving the Revolutionary, Civil and both World Wars. Their crest has deteriorated and be rebuilt so many times that it has effectively mutated but has otherwise persisted through its millenia of existence and their circuits show no signs of deterioration.
A family such as them would be readily accepted into the rest of Magus Society and even have clout had it not been for their detest of how 'Eurocentric' most Magus families are. This all stems from a blood feud that was founded during Revolutionary War where The Andrews were one of the few magical families to side with the Americans. A recuring theme of their family history seems to be a strong aversion to absolute authority. Having such a well-documented family history is due to their nature as mages; each generation taught the next what they learned and where they recieved that knowledge from, some disciplines were lost from the crest due to particular member's disinterest in a subject. However, the sheer variety of magic in the family's collective repertoire is staggering and touches virtually all-known magics and even ones that have yet to be incorporated into more traditional thaumaturgical schools.
Jackson himself is a philanthropist, using his family's wealth in-service to those who need it. He grew up sheltered and privileged and feels the need to repent for his easy life. Growing up in modern America granted him a more contemporary education, even attending an American High School for a number of years. His knowledge of science and technology is far beyond that of most other Maguses and is much more willing to adopt and use the conveniences brought about by modernity. Magic-wise it could be said he was 'homeschooled' and encouraged to explore other magical systems.
Unlike other True Masters in the True/False War he commends the False Masters for their willingness to go outside the system in pursuit of what they desire
Magic Circuit Switch: The distinct smell of burned gunpowder.
Number of Magic Circuits: C
Quality of Magic Circuits: B
Elemental Affinity: Earth and Fire. His Origin is Contracts.
- General Magecraft: Has a good understanding of the basics but is otherwise not formally trained in this particular style of magecraft.
- Runes: His family's oldest and signature magecraft. The inscription of Runes allows the immediate realisation of mysteries. Become less effective the further away they are inscribed and incredibly effective if inscribed directly on someones body. Runic Magic can also be used to create Bounded Fields.
- Elementalism: A specialised form that allows the manipulation of metallic substances and the generation of sparks.
- Witchcraft: An older form of Magecraft with origins in Europe that became popular in the United States during the 17th C and lead to the the infamous Salem Witch Trials. It is still practiced and taught in America today, it's modern incarnation focused on healing and protection from other magics. Curses, while frowned upon, are still taught and usually require a physical material object to channel.
- Navajo Spiritual Healing: A form of Shamanisn that is one of the few forms of Magecraft not brought over to the New World but is insteand holy native to the Americas. It was incorporated into the Crest during the rapid expansion into the West. It's main tenant is focused on reestablishing harmony within a body, as an imbalance or 'chaos' can manifest as illness or injury. It uses and requires knowledge in a vast array of plants, herbs, minerals and clays.
Crest: 1100 years olds
- Rune Bullet Molds: A series of custom, single cavity molds used for casting bullets shot from muzzle loaders. Each mold casts a bullet with the impression of a Rune on it. These molds were created by his ancestor who sided with the Americans during the Revolutionary War. These molds were a necessity in order to hide his ancestor's true nature from his comrades while still using his talents in service to the cause. He was met with resistance from the rest of his family, but in a time where the future of the country was unknown they understood his reasoning. These runes have effects that range from reinforcing the bullet to adding extra effects such as fire, ice, lightning, can cause structures to become destabilised and can even be used to establish Bounded Fields. They're typically fired from a "Safety Committee" Muzzle Loader long gun.
- The Cauldron of Ceridwen: An amplifier Mystic Code, it is an exceptionally old cauldron rumoured to have been used by the enchantress (later worshipped as a Goddess) Crediwen with the intention of giving her son omnipotence. It was brought to the New World and later confiscated by the Puritans during the Salem Witch Trials. Recovered by Jackson himself, the cauldron allows for longe-range scrying and bolsters the range and potency of his Witchcraft and potion brewing.
- Liberty: A familiar that dates back to his ancestors Celtic roots. It is a metal eagle that has been used for spying, surveying battlefields, and close-quarters combat. Originally bearing the image of a golden eagle, it's appearance was altered to that of a bald eagle when the family was exiled to the New World.
True/False Standing: True Master.