Angel of Sacrifice, Lone WandererTitles:
29Place of Origin:
The Deserts of JatoGender:
Muscular & LeanEyes:
Deep BrunetteSkin Tone:
His left wrist has a shackle attached that has left a permanent red mark.Day To Day Attire:
Stamina (Both in mind and body) & Physical ExcellenceWeaknesses:
Single-Minded & Hot-Headed
Selfless * Haunted * Silent * JustSexuality:
To the people he saves, Azazael is a silent figure, helping people without asking for thanks. To the people who get to know him a bit more, he’s a haunted, brooding character, unable to shake off the horrors of the past. To the people he sleeps with, he’s a tough lover, but not an abusive one.
Azazael is careful in every single one of his movements and actions. He has learnt through previous mistakes that recklessness can mean you lose everything, and he’s already done that once, he doesn’t plan on doing it a second time.
Even though he has learnt many lessons from the past, one that he didn’t manage to adopt was realising that he’s incredibly stubborn. His views, beliefs, and wants are stuck, and no one has ever succeeded in changing them, or even making them waver slightly.
Azazael doesn’t want to get close at all to people; he doesn’t want to feel the pain of leaving them. Comfortable in isolation, Azazael moves through the world like the sands of Jato, always there but never understood.Habits:
Rolling his right shoulder when restless; Shifting the shackle on his wrist when nervous; Grasping to a piece of fabric he keeps in his pocket when scared.Hobbies:
Armoursmithing, Weaponsmithing & Woodcarving Fears:
Love (Philophobia) & Sleep (Hypnophobia)Likes:
Heat, Breeze, Sex, Goats, Pain, Goats, StargazingDislikes:
Alcohol, Darkness, Pride, Birds, Wealth, Noise, Things That Aren’t Goats
A listing of skills, such as horseback riding or cooking. Levels include novice (1 pt), apprentice (2 pt), journeyman (3 pt), expert (4 pt), master (5 pt). Each character can spend 21 points & only two skills can be mastered.
- Swordsmanship (Apprentice): More often than not, when helping people, a sword hand has been more than necessary, the repeated use of his sabre has made it a part of him. It helps that he crafted and enchanted it himself, but he’s still not used to having the feeling of a weapon in his hand.
- Smithing (Expert): In part of his journey to retribution, Azazael gives to the people what he can, now that most of his powers are gone. He has trained with smiths all over Jato, and knows the ins and outs of the trade. (Known Weapons: Swords (Any Kind), Daggers/Knives (Any Kind) – Known Armours: Plate (Full), Chain (Full), Scale (Full), Hide (Full))
- Tailoring (Master): Similar to his Smithing skill, he is also a trained tailor, making clothes for those who need them. He uses both of these skills, when needed, to earn some money. He knows how to make pretty much any piece of clothing imaginable, from boots to coats to hats, from any viable material.
- Enchanting (Journeyman): This skill was gained along with the tailoring and smithing skills, as many tradesmen utilise enchantments in order to increase the value of their works. While smithing or tailoring, he can enchant his work with an enchantment he knows, through the use of runic inscriptions or patterns, but he is only at the skill level to place one enchantment per item. (Known Enchantments: Cooling, Invisibility, Levitation, Anaesthesia, Speed, Holding – More information on these enchantments in the ‘Anything Else’ section)
- Cartography (Expert): During his travels, Azazael has dedicated a lot of his time to mapping as much of Jato as he can, and due to his experience in the creation of maps, map-reading is also rather natural to him. As long as he has something to write on, he could get a good gauge of how his environment would all fit on a map. As he has only had to map desert, however, it’s not certain how well he’d deal with mapping forests, big cities, etc.
- Prayer (Novice): Azazael has recently taken up praying to the God that cast him out for forgiveness, and occasionally for assistance. While his God does not always listen, it tends to be the smaller, benevolent things that will be provided. His God, for example, will not revive someone from the dead for him, but will, perhaps, provide a healing balm somewhere nearby when needed.
- Escape Artist (Journeyman): After his years of punishment, Azazael decided to never allow himself to be chained up again, and so has been training in the art of escaping from numerous different restraints. Being a difficult art to master, he has only managed to succeed in escaping from rope ties.
A listing of unique powers, magic, artifacts, and techniques. A maximum of four only.
- Flight: One of the only Angelic powers Azazael has retained after The Fall, he has wings that appear only when needed and allow Azazael to fly at speeds of up to 30mph (Approximately 50kmh).
- Blade of Justice: A blade forged by Azazael’s own hand. He has enchanted it with Anaesthesia, so that his enemies die a painless death, and smithed it himself, so that it perfectly fits his grip.
- Feather Armour: Azazael’s ‘humorous’ name for his armour, which is not, in fact made out of feathers, but due to it being weightless and him having wings and all, he thought it would be funny. He has enchanted every piece with Holding, which means that it weighs nothing, and any form of container within the armour can hold unlimited amounts of goods. His pockets are often filled with a desert’s worth of sand. He crafted every piece himself, and made sure it fits him perfectly.
- Tradesman’s Tools: For all his different professions, (Smithing, Tailoring, Enchanting, Cartography) Azazael has all the tools stored in one of his Time Lord Pockets of Holding, they are all also enchanted with Holding, to make them easier to use.
His God? I suppose? Angels don’t really have parents.Siblings:
Other Angels? If you were to assume His God as his parent.Childhood:
Angels don’t really have Childhoods, they are born into existence at what would be the human age of 18. For Azazael, this section will be devoted to his time in Heaven, pre-fall. Azazael was one of three Angels tasked by God with looking over the lands of Jato. Azazael was the Angel of Jato’s resources, this included the water, metals, food, minerals that the people of Jato needed to survive. The other two Angels were Shemhazai and Ouza, tasked with Jato’s creatures and environment respectively. On a day where sandstorms raged throughout Jato, killing hundreds of people who lived there, Azazael noticed boats off the shore, and went down to investigate. He saw the might of nations unknown sailing to Jato, and knew he had to defend them. Against the very nature of the Angels, Azazael was to directly interfere with the lives of the humans below. He taught them how to make weapons, he taught them how to fight and defend their country, along the way he committed the worst act an Angel could, copulation with a human. No doubt, His God found out about it, and was furious. He banished Azazael from Heaven, and chained him to a rock in the desert, shrouded in darkness. This was the fall of Azazael.Adulthood:
Azazael’s punishment was cruel and would have lasted for eternity, if it were not for the kindness of humans. Five years after the punishment’s beginning, a travelling caravan came upon Azazael, and gazed upon his Angelic form. It was a beauty like none they had ever seen, and so, they cut him from his chains. Azazael’s head rose, and he smiled at them, before revealing his wings and soaring into the air. He was surprised that God had left him with the power of flight, and allowed humans to find him, but he knew it was God’s design, so he set out to make a life of himself as a fallen angel. Ironically, Azazael found himself doing what he had done that had caused God to cast him out, for he worked under smiths, tailors, enchanters, and cartographers, to learn their trade, making weapons, armour, clothes, magical items, and maps. All these items, however, were made for those who needed them most. He saw it as a path to redemption. He had already blighted the earth with the power to kill, now he shall defend those who are most endangered by it. His lust was eternal, something Azazael could not get rid of. Whether it was in his nature or due to the causation of His God, he did not know, but he struggled to control it at times. He spends his days crafting, making love, travelling, and helping those in need, still frightened and disappointed by his own actions that cause him to become this way. Special Moments:
His ‘birth’ was surrounded by light and beauty, and remains in his head to this day. While not ‘special’ but more memorable, when he was cast out was the atrocity that has made his life what it is today, and he must never forget that.Current Events:
Nothing in particular, Azazael was just soaring through the air towards the nearest town, looking for jobs as usual, might be a bit interesting to suddenly discover himself surrounded by ruins.Climate:
The Deserts of Jato’s climate is pretty much in the name. But, for more explanation, the near-endless deserts are peppered with rivers and oases, but, as you’d expect, water, and nutrients are hard to come by. Towns tend to be focused around these bodies of water, and those that aren’t dredge it up from deep underground, and they all hunt whatever they can find. The deserts are all surrounded by sea, and it’s unknown to the people of Jato as to whether anything lies over the water. (There is, if you want more information on the areas outside Jato I’d be happy to oblige.)Ruling(s):
Jato is not really a kingdom, each town tends to be independently run, there’s more just a law of the land which is pretty non-existent anyways, just, if you do something bad to someone, expect it to come back to you one day.History:
Humans on Jato were there as humans become anywhere. Evolution. Their history is relatively simple, towns were formed, pacts made and broken, wars broke out between different towns, religions formed, but nothing of any significance has really ever changed how the people of Jato live. Notes:
Magic: Magic is rare on Jato, only tending to be granted by figures of power. It’s unknown how much magic actually exists on Jato.
Creatures: Goats, birds, animals you’d expect in a desert, huge sand worms, giant beetles, dinosaur-like reptilians, krakens in the sea, fish, sea scorpions, angels and demons.
Religion: There are many religions peppered all over Jato, and they all fight for who is right, but in actuality they all believe in the same ideology, angels and demons, some just believe they’re the other way around. Angels and Demons on Jato are incredibly powerful humanoid figures, argued to be the originators of all magic on Jato, but no one truly knows anything about them, as they can disappear and appear at the blink of an eye.
* ☠ Enemy * ⚜ Unfriendly * ☯ Neutral * ☮ Friends * ღ Ally * ♥ Crush/Significant Other *
- Name: Description
- Name: Description
- Name: Description
- Name: Description
- Name: Description
- Name: Description
Tonight we pour the water from our bowls,
the warmth from our hearths,
and the breath from our flock.
We bring an end to these necessities,
not for their destruction,
but in their honour.
For in their absence,
we can truly see their glory.Theme Song: Carissimi's JephteAura Color:
A soft white aura that contains within a much more violent, fiery red.Scent:
Sand, mostly. And sweat, lots of sweat. The smell of fire and chemicals often grace his musk when he’s been working at one of his crafts.Anything Else:
The piece of fabric he keeps with him at all times is the last remnant of a Heaven he holds, he had it in his hand during his entire punishment on earth, but it is not known where it came from.
Information on Enchantments:
All enchantments work differently depending on the type of item they are enchanted onto, but all effects are very similar.
Cooling: Any piece of clothing enchanted with this item keeps the wearer cold in the harsh climate of Jato. Weapons enchanted with this magic lower any victims body temperature by a considerable amount, reducing their efficiency in battle. All items enchanted with cooling are cold to the touch.
Invisibility: Pieces of clothing enchanted with this render the clothing and the wearer’s body where it is worn invisible, but only when on a person’s body. Other items, when held, may become invisible at the user’s will.
Levitation: Clothing enchanted with levitation allows the user to levitate a meter or so above the ground. Other items enchanted with levitation, when dropped, will not hit the ground, but instead hover above it.
Anaesthesia: Wearing clothing enchanted with Anaesthesia means that the wearer feels no pain. Weapons enchanted cause no pain to be felt by the recipient. Holding an item enchanted with this temporarily relieves pain.
Speed: Speed enchanted clothing allows a user to run at up to twice their usual speed, but still feel the effects of exhaustion. Weapons enchanted with this strike twice as fast. Other items enchanted with Speed, when thrown, will fly at twice their normal velocity.
Holding: All items enchanted with Holding are weightless, and any form of storage the item has can hold unlimited amounts of other items, as long as each could originally fit through the container’s opening.