I always thought role-playing is about creating people you want to be, not people you are. I put a little bit of myself into my characters. But that's common. People like something they can relate to or want to relate to. Otherwise, I usually create them if they're the opposite of me. I can't really recall any specifics, though.
Hello! You can call me by my username, Rosebud. I'm looking for a one on one role-play. Not sure where I want it to be. Go ahead and ask where you prefer it. Though I should probably say I don't like to use email. In that case, I prefer gdocs. I have Discord too. But it has the tendency to eat our messages, so I'd prefer not to role-play over it and use it for plotting and chatting services instead.
However, before our collaboration begins, we need to go over a few simple rules. In fact, instead of seeing these as "rules," think of them as flexible guidelines.
Note: It's not my fault my rules are as long as they are. I've had to add things as I experience them.
• Please be courteous and patient. Let's keep drama within the role-play. I'd rather we create replies that make as naturally happy and eager to reply. If something comes up, please let me know. Sometimes I can give out daily replies. Sometimes I can't.
• I only role-play heterosexual female characters; the only exception to this rule are male NPCs. In fact, I'm looking for someone who can help me incorporate NPCs as both genders, into the role-play, whenever necessary.
• I'm also looking for someone who will help me create the plot and characters. In order to avoid ghosting, we need to create a strong enough conflict to hold both of our interests. Without conflict, there's no reason to continue. We have to give each other a strong enough reason to care about our characters. And that takes getting to know one another and the type of characters we want to play.
Life can't be easy on our characters. They must suffer, struggle, claw their way through escalating obstacles with escalating risks to attain their role-play goals. And there must be consequences. Sometimes, there should be unexpected consequences for our characters. Whatever the character must tackle should be what matters most, and must carry the highest possible risks, and the odds of attaining that goal have to be formidable and in doubt.
• If you want to avoid getting ghosted, please ask questions, and make sure you're answering all of mine, so that I know you're interested. If I'm the only one asking all of the questions, it not only feels like an interview instead of a natural conversation, I feel like I'm the only one getting the conversation to go anywhere. And this takes team-work. If I stop replying, it's probably because it felt like I was the only one trying to get the conversation to go anywhere.
If only some of my questions are getting answered, it makes me feel ignored, so I'll probably stop replying. I'm not going to ask people to ask me questions on a one on one basis. I just want to have a conversation to flow naturally.
• 18, preferably 21+ only. Let me know what age group you want our characters to be in. I'm akin to that of a YA novelist. But this isn't to say I don't have characters who are in their early 20's to mid-'30s.
However, I don't live in an adult-only world and I don't see why my characters need to as well. It doesn't mean there's going to be incest, sexual content with a minor (age of consent is 16 where I live), etc. nor does it mean we're going to repeat our own history within the role-play.
• I prefer to fade to black. But that doesn't mean I'm incapable of writing a role-play that's equally interesting. I want someone who's going to role-play with me because we're going to create an amazing role-play together, and possibly enjoy each other's company, not because someone wants me for sex. If stuff happens as the role-play unfolds, then so be it. I have the tendency to be vanilla if anything happens. Though I might be okay with certain fetishes.
• I prefer a male character who is dominant, maybe switch, which doesn't always mean that it has to be a sexual position. But a male character who's strong, exciting, bold. Someone who knows what he wants and does everything it takes to get it. Someone who has purpose in life.
- I'm also not pairing my character with someone who is abusive, a druggie, or an alcoholic. This isn't to say there can't be alcohol, sexual tension, or fanservice within our role-plays. Just not a fan of alcohol poisoning.
• I'm not a fan of the wordy 'horny.' I prefer the word 'turned on' or something of the sort. Be creative! We can elaborate in private. I do prefer to write a role-play in a way that respects any significant other. Heavy make-out sessions are okay as long there's a proper build-up.
• Romance is a must for me. I also don't work best with established relationships. I prefer two characters who just meet (or maybe they knew each other in their childhood, whether they remember it or not) and experience an encounter that's explosive emotionally. Maybe one that makes them become attracted and hate (the hatred part is not required though) each other at the same time.
• I adore slow-burns! Let me know however slow or fast you want it.
• However, I need more than romance or I am going to be bored. Let's turn it into an exciting adventure! I enjoy a touch of action, adventure, drama, comedy, mystery, and suspense. The last two don't always need to be related to crime. It's merely the ability to keep each other guessing what's going to happen next. Without them, there's no reason to continue. Cliffhangers throughout the post.
• I enjoy writing in either the First-Person or Third-Person, past-tense perspective, mostly using the active voice.
Note: This is more of an 'opinion' than it is a "rule." Role-playing in first-person doesn't always indicate it's a self-insertion like some assume it to be. I doubt books written in First-Person like Divergent and The Hunger Games were filled with self-insertions. I've seen more self-insertions with Third-Person than I have First. I simply want to master the art in writing different perspectives: First, Second, Third: whatever you prefer. Creative writing encompasses everything.
• The best way to avoid self-insertion is by creating a basic character profile. I also want to delve a little deeper into our characters other than knowing their name, age, and gender. What are their likes/dislikes, relationships, fears/phobias, hopes, and dreams? Let's go deeper than we've ever gone before.
• Role-playing isn't about post-length. If anything, it's literate for our post-length, sentences, and paragraphs to vary. Please give my character time to react to your character's words and actions. If you jump too far ahead, it not only causes me to stumble over your words, it causes me to change the way my character would have reacted. This is why 1-2 paragraphs is a sweet spot for me. But I am capable of writing more than required.
• The quality of writing is far more important than quantity - I like to see similes, metaphors, & imagery! Flesh out the character, the setting, their life; tell a story. Remember in rendering more complex scenes that realizations and discoveries happen after actions, not before them.
• Sometimes rabid fire (which doesn't always mean short posts) is necessary, while other times, we allow our characters to think longer, more leisurely, unhurried thoughts, and let them speak in flowing, sensory-oriented sentences that slowly drift down the page.
• No purple prose, god-modding, power-playing, meta-gaming, or perfect characters. Standard rules.
- Meta-gaming has been an issue: Please do not use your knowledge that's not yet known by our characters knowledge in order to determine their actions.
• I challenge you to have fun and take a look at TVtropes.org and let me know which ones you like. Have fun looking and choosing! Can't wait to see what you come up with! Here are some of my favorites below:
*Boy Meets Girl. Love at first note/sight/punch. Meet cute. Crash into hello! Falling into his arms. The Glomp. Will they or won't they? Almost holding hands. Almost kiss. Accidentally kiss. Forced kiss. Everyone can see it. Longing looks. Held gazes. Leave the two lovebirds alone! Moment killer. Operation: Jealousy. Romance ensues. Romantic False Lead. Ship tease. Declaration of love. Love confession. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Relationship sabotage. Relationship upgrade. "Shut up!" kiss. The sacred first kiss. True love's kiss. Holding hands. Secret relationship. The first cut is the deepest. Parental Marriage Veto. Moral Dilemma. Conflicting loyalty. Melodrama. Beauty x beast. Broading boy x gentle girl. Jerk with a heart of gold. Amusement parks. Romantic rides. Restaurants. Letters. Text messages. Opposites attract. The power of friendship. Friendship is Magic. Letters. Text messages. Parties. Beaches. Forests. Rain forests. Flowers. Song based role-plays. Protecting one another. Families working together. Forbidden love. Nature. Exotic places. Coming of age. Pets. Passionate kisses. Pictures of places. Romantic gestures.
- I'm mostly craving the following - But ask about other fandoms - Willing to do celebrity of our choice x oc pairings
Movies - Live Action Beauty & The Beast-esque - Disney Movies (Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, Meleficient, Hansel & Gretel-esque, etc. ask about others.) - The Princess & the Goblins-esque - Little Women-esque - Five Feet Apart-esque - After-esque
CardCaptors Sakura/Tsubasa/esque Syoaran x Sakura challenge Tomoyo x Eriol
Final Fantasy/esque - Denzel x Marlene challenge - Cloud x Tifa/OC
Frozen - Elsa x OC - Anna x Christoff
Fruits Basket Challenge - It'd be nice if we could play the entire cast - Yuki x Tohru x Kyo/Momiji - Yuki x OC - Momiji x OC
Harry Potter Harry x Hermione/OC Draco x OC
Ranma 1/2 Ranma x Akane/OC
Sailor Moon/esque - Pegasus x OC
Something Wicked This Way Comes Challenge - a very magical story for those who haven't seen it - Will x OC x Jim challenge - Will x OC
Stranger Things - really, really craving!! Or something like it. Note: craving, even if we create an original role-play inspired by this. - Ask about who plays - Mike x OC challenge - Will x OC
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms - I feel the four realms would be an awesome setting to use!
- Ask about others - Reverse Herem - can also be related to fandoms - Forbidden love - Hero x Heroine (main pairing in my role-plays) - Hero x Heroine x Villain - Introvert x Extrovert - Star x Fan - Married Man x Babysitter? - Single Parent x Babysitter - Babysitter x Kid (Kid must be at least 16/of age) - Japanese x Foreigner x Korean - Japanese/Korean x Foreigner
Hello! I'm going to cut to the chase. I'm looking to do a Star x Fan type of role-play at the moment. Maybe my female character finally gets to see a band she's always wanted to see. Then gets to meet them backstage and it goes from there.
There are really different ways to play this. I like to hear your ideas too.
I do prefer to "fade to black" because it gets to be repetitive. But this isn't to say they can't have fun.
Let me know what age group you're willing to work with. Are they famous teens or young adults?
Hello! As the title indicates, I'm looking for a Stranger Things one x one role-play. I'm specifically looking for someone to play Mike and maybe Will. I can play multiple characters. I'm probably most comfortable playing Steve if I'm doubling as a guy, as long as characters are given an equal amount of attention, so no one feels left out.
- Unless they're of age, let's keep this PG-13. Otherwise, I'm okay with semi-smut. But relationships need to build first.
- I'm not stingy when it comes to post-length. Write however much the situation requires is what I say. But if you're going to write a short post, please really give my character something to react to. Visa versa.
- To be honest, I don't really have many rules for this. But we need to role-play more than one character. Role-playing only romance is boring.
Revamping my bio and role-play search.
I literally only have a couple role-plays going with some awesome and amazingly talented role-players! I'd love to have more!
<div style="white-space:pre-wrap;">Revamping my bio and role-play search. <br><br>I literally only have a couple role-plays going with some awesome and amazingly talented role-players! I'd love to have more! </div>