Hidden 3 yrs ago 3 yrs ago Post by Thinker
Raw
GM

Thinker

Member Seen 3 yrs ago

All the humans, except for the ones that had sided with the Na'vi, were forced to return to Earth.

The air was hot and humid and thick clouds heavy with rain gathered as the last ship disappears into the clouds. The armed crowd slowly dispersed, the Na'vi gladly returning borrowed equipment to the remaining humans. It won't be long before the jungle would once again heal and reclaim the machinery now sitting idle beyond the fence.

Rae was another matter entirely. Hurt and mistrust ran deep which was fueled by hatred and grief. So many were lost in the attack, they needed to be found and buried. Especially, her childhood friend. The image of his impaled body still fresh in her mind. She turned and walked away not liking the unnatural feel of the blackness under her feet.

Once she was pass the fence line, she ran, tears blurred her vision as she worked her way out of the human's zone. She brushed them away with the back of her hand and vaulted into the air, she grabbed the thick limbs of a tree and hauled herself up. She climbed with ease until she was in the lower canopy, she paused and took a deep breath and slowly let it out. She was done crying, it was time to find her friend and give him the proper burial she could.

Rae looked toward the fallen Hometree and the horrific memories she had to face there. She felt as ready as she could ever be. She silently prayed for strength before running along the thick branch and leaping to the next three. Every third tree, she would stop and take in the surroundings. Just like old times, only there was no goofy laughter or smart comment. She frowned and shook her head, looking to the future was all she had right now.

Travis questioned his existence on Pandora. Many of the scientists, including him, worried about food and other resources that generally came with the transport ships on a yearly bases. He figured they would have to pull their heads out of their specializations to figure out how to run headquarters. Despite living on a different world, he wasn't exactly good with computer interfaces beyond his own programs.

He stood in the now empty control room, most of the programs were more or less on autopilot. Something blinking on the edge of the larger display caught his eye, he squinted as he moved toward the flashing light. It meant nothing to him, shook his head.

His name was called and he left the control room toward the meeting of those who remain. Assignments were given to shut down unnecessary rooms, gather property and return it to the storage units. A few were given inventory duty in the stuffy cargo rooms.

Travis was given the task of gathering information on the plants and expected harvest. That was easy for him, he had all that information on his section of the garden. He had only to find the other crew members notes. Once in the bio lab, he ran his fingers through his dark brown hair and rolled up his dirty sleeves as he wandered about until he found the tablet he was searching for.

After a few tries, he was able to log on. Focused on his typing, he leaned toward the counter, misjudging the distance. Travis yelped when his hip and elbow made contact with the floor, the tablet bounced from his hand. He groaned and rose to his feet, glancing around to make sure no one saw him. He scooped up the tablet and frowned at the broken screen. "Blasted thing," he growled, dropping it on the counter. "We can fly millions of miles through space but can't have shattered proof screens."

Travis rubbed his palms over his face and let out a breath. He rubbed the back of his neck for a few moments as he hunted down another tablet. He decided to go with a computer top sitting at a desk. The chair creaked as he eased his fatigued body into it. His fingers danced over the keys and soon he had the information he sought. He rubbed his chin as he leaned back in the chair, deep in thought.

Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by OliviaV
Raw
Avatar of OliviaV

OliviaV The Princess

Member Seen 2 yrs ago

Olivia sighed as she watched the last ship leave Pandora from inside headquarters. So much had happened, so much destruction, so much pain. As V was about to turn and head toward the mass meeting, she watched as Rae disappeared into the woods. I'll check on her later. She needs the alone time right now. After deciding to talk to Rae later, V headed to the meeting. She knew she had been spared because she had fought to keep the humans from attacking, but she wasn't sure what she was going to do on this planet that was not made to support human life. Olivia also knew she couldn't return to Earth with those that hated the Na'vi. She wouldn't have made it back to Earth alive. There was also no reason for her to return. All of her family and friends were dead and she would have to build whole new life with nothing. No. It was best she stay here.

She got assigned to help with harvest. She shrugged. Her purpose before the war had been to befriend the Na'vi, learn about them, study their culture. Of course that had been under false pretense. They had been told the harvest of the rocks they were looking for would be be humane. It had all been a lie. Her knowledge of their culture was no longer needed. A lot of them were dead and the ones that remind were skeptical of humans at best. Now, all she could do was help in anyway she could.

V left the mass meeting to find the other man that was in charge of harvest. She wondered into the bio lab and watched as the man fell to the floor, along with the tablet he had been using to find information. She smirked at his private joke then walked across to him as he sat a computer.

"Hey... Travis right? I've been assigned to help you. Afraid I can't do much as my specialty is just the study of culture, but I will do what I can." V smiled weakly and sat beside him waiting for his response.
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by Thinker
Raw
GM

Thinker

Member Seen 3 yrs ago

Travis jumped, shifted in his seat and blinked at the youth before him. He remembered the face, the name escaped him. He ran a hand through his hair and straightened in his seat. "Yes," he said with a nod. He was indeed Travis, that much he was certain of at the moment. "Culture," he rubbed his fingers over the stubble over his chin. Then it hit. "Oliva," he snapped his fingers and pointed to her like she had been keeping her identity a secret. "Yes, I remember now. I believe I saw you when you first arrived."

Travis leaned back in his chair, that seemed to be a lifetime ago. Twenty years he had been on Pandora, both as himself and his Avatar. "There is not much to do at the moment. Some of the plants will be needing to be harvest soon. You are the one with the avatar, correct?" He nodded and eased his body off the chair. "Yes you are, that other joker had one, too. I think he had flushed his brain down the toilet before arriving here." He shook his head, staring at the counter, getting lost in the fake granite design.

He turned to Olivia once more. "Forgive me, I do ramble on. I think we will take the avatars out tomorrow morning," he stretched his arms above his head and stood on his toes, a few faint pops resulted. "If that is alright? We can go over some of the plants." He folded his arms in front of him and leaned on the counter beside him. "You know eating and food is always a huge part of culture. I am curious if you had any luck finding out what sort of things the Na'vi eat or how they are prepared." He chuckled again, adjusting his glasses. "I mean I know they eat what they can scavenge or hunt."

Travis wondered why he was so fidgety. Was it this young girl that made him so? He took a breath and let it out, putting his emotional weirdness in check. People around here had been so busy up to this point to give him much mind.
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by OliviaV
Raw
Avatar of OliviaV

OliviaV The Princess

Member Seen 2 yrs ago

V jumped back a bit when he snapped his fingers but settled down again once he started talking about what needed to be done. She nodded and almost answered when he asked about her avatar, but he continued talking so she remind silent.

V scoffed a little at the mention of the man that had arrived the same time as herself. She remembered him. He had been part of the attack on Hometree. He had not returned and she was glad. At the mention of taking out their avatars, Olivia perked up a bit. "Yeah that sounds good. As for what they eat, they mostly hunt. They prepare the shared meat over a large fire and everyone gets a bit of it. Some of the skilled climbers can reach the fruit in the top of the trees and that is also prepared. Some of the fruit is laid over burning wood to give it a smoky taste and draw out some of the flavor. I think there are a few fruits that are edible for humans, but we would have to run some tests before we trying eating them."

Olivia stood and paced the room, unable to meet the mans eyes. She wasn't sure how they were going to survive on this planet. Anything on this planet at the potential to poison them. They barely had enough human food to last them another year. In that time, they would have to learn how to survive.
Hidden 3 yrs ago 3 yrs ago Post by Thinker
Raw
GM

Thinker

Member Seen 3 yrs ago

Travis nodded, his mind turning with the information. His body finally stilling. He slowly a finger on his chin as she spoke.

The mention of cooking overa fire always interested him, Earth had no pleasure camping he had heard in history classes. If a person wanted to do those types of things, they join the military.

Coming to Pandora made those types of thoughts come to mind. Fear of creatures hidden in the vegetation was dug deep into his soul.

When Olivia began pacing, he frowned catching her last words. The scope of their particular problem loomed in his mind. Food and water were the source of his worries. If they were not able to find something soon for the few that remains, they will be eating rations before starvation.

He really didn't want that sort of blood on his hands.

"The fruits you mention do not grow all season and we are not the only ones who favor them." He pointed sky ward. "A whole flock of mean birds knows we plant them and always eats them before they are fully ripe. Now, without security we can kiss those plants goodbye."

He rubbed his hands over his face and sighed. "I think a good sleep is called for. How about we meet up in the garden after breakfast?"

After a lousy eight hours in his bunk, Travis bypassed breakfast and readied the link machine. Once it was primed he rolled into the bed and closed the coffin.

A few moments he opened his eyes in the Avatar bunk house. Slowly he rose from the bed running the back of his neck out of habit.

Taking a deep breath he walked to the garden. He grown at the hole in the fence and half eaten plants. He knelt beside it and attempted to close the gap.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet