Hidden 12 mos ago
Zeroth Post
Raw
Zeroth


Name: Elande Slums

Size: Large tower(s) and surrounding area.

Description: An ancient city of slums that has been build and rebuilt over centuries. The houses stacked together so high that you can barely see the sky. Made of scrap metal, half rotten wood, and poor quality mortar and bricks this arena is actually quite destructible. However much is destroyed will simply be "repaired" in time by the countless slum dwellers. Many wires connect the multileveled buildings like zip lines, but it is anyone's guess as to if they will hold.

Few slum dwellers are in the arena scattered throughout the towers and area. They are a race of human like bipeds with little ability to speak. It is unlikely they will interfere in the fight, but might attack feebly if confronted.

Player Capacity: 2 to 6
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Dynamo Frokane
Raw
GM
Avatar of Dynamo Frokane

Dynamo Frokane Does whatever a writer can.

Member Seen 16 hrs ago



Zai-Matsu had found himself a rooftop on one of the higher level shanty apartments on the west side of town. The air was thick and sweaty even though the entire town was basically empty which would make a regular person nervous. But Zai was familiar with the Arena Multiverse and knew to expect the strange and explainable.

His target was said to be an operative, highly trained like himself but no other details. The Neo Tokyo guard were very lazy when it came to info outside of their mission targets, they had no interest in Zai-Matsu's random competitions with foreigners and didn't want to encourage it. With his head visor he began to scane for his opponent, hoping that he was able to locate the operative before the operative located him.
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Xandrya
Raw
Avatar of Xandrya

Xandrya

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

The audio coming in through her comms was incomprehensible, static breaking up the words of her handler. But, that was to be expected...she was in the slums after all.

...lue, d-...u cop...?

With an exasperated sigh, Rosalie disabled her comms device. "Run a scan based on body heat, 25 meters out." Rosalie ordered a second before the small screen showed her an she had negative results based on the radius she put out. Okay, I should be good for now...

The uncomfortable silence and stillness that surrounded her subconsciously led Rosalie to head for higher ground. She went inside one of the buildings to start making her way upstairs. Rosalie wouldn't be caught off guard, not if she could help it. She had her weapon in one hand and her pill in the other, making it to the second floor before deciding she had waited long enough. After taking off her helmet, Rosalie swallowed the pill. The effects were instant, making the young woman shudder as the changes slowly took over her.
1x Like Like
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Dynamo Frokane
Raw
GM
Avatar of Dynamo Frokane

Dynamo Frokane Does whatever a writer can.

Member Seen 16 hrs ago

Zai Matsu stayed perched up on the higher up rooftops occasionally leaping from one to another, he was keeping his visor to scan for any faint noise outside of the occasional stray dog or pigeon in the shanty town. After a few minutes he started to pick up a faint sound, he had his mask's tracking system zero in on the distant audio....it was rats squeaking. This was interesting as the rats were clearly disturbed by something, maybe by a living person stepping into their habitat!

Zai made his way over to an abandoned building complex carefully walking across a rooftop walkway on his way over. The sounds were now around 15 feet away and he started to pick up an accellerated heartbeat, something he would usually hear if a target of his took a stimulant, he didn't have enough time to wonder why this was the case for this individual but he was fairly certain this was his target.

Crouching low and quickly stepping towards the nearest balcony to the room of the noise, he leaped a little higher to hang on to the window of the above room, and quietly made his way in. He was now in the room above the heartbeat and the rats. Pulling out a special gadget for his next move...
Hidden 12 mos ago 11 mos ago Post by Xandrya
Raw
Avatar of Xandrya

Xandrya

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

"Entity detected, 15 feet out and closing."

And suddenly, Rosalie wasn't so alone anymore. The small dot on the screen was moving towards her location, and she readied herself. Bringing up her weapon to line up the sights, she backed up slowly as she kept her gun trained on the approximate location of her target according to the information she was being fed.

But then Rosalie decided that she should go on the offensive. Backing up a bit more, she stuck her head out through a window and saw an opening to the floor above. Seeing it as a perfect opportunity, Rosalie took one of the disabling explosives and flung it through the window, not wasting any time as she sprinted for the stairs, her gun at the ready once she slowed down to cut the corner.
1x Like Like
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by Dynamo Frokane
Raw
GM
Avatar of Dynamo Frokane

Dynamo Frokane Does whatever a writer can.

Member Seen 16 hrs ago

Just as he was planning his next step, his radar flared up and he heard the footsteps from below, she was obviously aware of his presence and not about to waste any time. He heard he first running to the far side of the room near the window, she was unnervingly fast and he was only able to get a few steps before a strange EMP device came hurtling through the opening from the lower floor. His scanners only had time to asses it as an explosive before he hastily dived behind an old fridge to shield himself from the blast. The impact caught him mid jump but luckily he avoided any actual damage.

The effect of the explosive had an added effect, it was scrambling some of his electronic devices including his scanner. He quickly shut down his scanner to reboot, and allowed himself to listen out for the foot steps that were now headed for the stairs approaching the room he was in.

Zai Matsu got behind a couch and drew his Sub-Machine gun, only to find out that the smart targeting systems were jammed and making the gun non functional. He desperately tried to reset the gun while steps of his opponent got close.
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by Xandrya
Raw
Avatar of Xandrya

Xandrya

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

Come out, come out, wherever you are...

Rosalie got to the last step and looked inside the room, the signal only getting stronger which indicated that her target was hiding behind the couch. But that didn't matter as she already knew they were there. Rosalie could hear their breathing as well as their fumbling around with various weaponry. Looks like their gear had glitched out just like she had planned after all. Oh well...

She slowly circled around the couch from a distance, her weapon aimed and ready to be fired the instant her opponent made a move if they were to be so foolish as to do anything but immediately surrender.

1x Like Like
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by Dynamo Frokane
Raw
GM
Avatar of Dynamo Frokane

Dynamo Frokane Does whatever a writer can.

Member Seen 16 hrs ago

It was crunchtime,while he was fumbling with his gear, he realised that the opponent had already advanced on his position, the light footsteps were audible through the cracking floorboards and he could hear breathing when she entered the room. Zai quickly grabbed a gadget that wasn't malfunctioning, his flashbang Immediately setting it off while tucking his head underneath the cover of the couch to avoid the flash. He wasted no time, hoping that the opponent was stunned he rushed out of cover and into his opponent hoping to tackle her to the floor and draw his Advanced Edge Blade.@Xandrya
Hidden 11 mos ago 11 mos ago Post by Xandrya
Raw
Avatar of Xandrya

Xandrya

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

The suddenness of her opponent's action managed to take Rosalie by surprise. One second she was slowly walking around the couch, and the next, she was temporarily blind. To make matters worse, her gear could only do so much. Rosalie's instinctual reaction was to look away and shut her eyes for a moment, and despite the fact that her visor self-adjusted by automatically dimming the screen, it was a bit too late. With her gun still aimed more or less towards the same spot, Rosalie pulled the trigger only a couple of times before she was knocked on her back. In the midst of such chaos, Rosalie's gun slipped out of her hand. She audible cursed, immediately reaching for her retractable staff to hopefully dig the blade into her opponent's neck.
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by Dynamo Frokane
Raw
GM
Avatar of Dynamo Frokane

Dynamo Frokane Does whatever a writer can.

Member Seen 16 hrs ago

Zai didn't realise until he heard the sharp clash of metal ring through the air but his sword attack was blocked by what appeared to be a staff. It seems as if his opponent, although seemingly blinded was still able to go on the attack, rattling off a few shots with her pistol which the ninja was able to hastily duck under the line of fire.

The agent seemed to be fighting from a seated position on the floor. Not wanting to get into ground fighting just yet. The skilled ninja aimed a heavy axe kick, fast and efficient hoping to drop his heel heavily into her skull before she was able to rise to her feet.
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by Xandrya
Raw
Avatar of Xandrya

Xandrya

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

The ringing in her ears was slowly fading, but getting her sight back was a longer process apparently. With no idea as to her opponent's exact location relative to hers, Rosalie started her attempt at another swing of her staff but something came down on her shoulder pretty heavily, the impact could have very well killed her had it made direct contact with her head and she didn't have her gear.

Fucking hell!

But there was no time to cry about the pain. Rosalie activated her armor to launch herself away from her opponent, quickly realizing that she needed to gain some distance or she could end up in bad shape. But as her back hit the wall, Rosalie launched herself in the general direction of her opponent, her staff pointing straight ahead as her sight produced somewhat of a silhouette of her opponent.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Dynamo Frokane
Raw
GM
Avatar of Dynamo Frokane

Dynamo Frokane Does whatever a writer can.

Member Seen 16 hrs ago

Zai couldn't tell if his opponent was fighting blind anymore, even after taking a heavy axe kick she seemed to still be relentlessly on the attack. Darting forward at him with a hard thrust of the staff, was to sudden to dodge, and the reach and weight of the weapon made it difficult to parry. Catching the inside of his forearm it glanced painfully against his elbow which caused him to momentarily drop his sword. This caused him to panic, and his stance was effected with him now on the backfoot defending.

The room was too small to back up anywhere so he stood his ground being unnarmed against an aggressive opponent with weapon was not ideal though. So he tried a quick front kick to the torso that would hopefully create some distance between the two of them and give him enough time to retrieve his sword.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Xandrya
Raw
Avatar of Xandrya

Xandrya

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

Rosalie was stopped dead in her tracks as something hit her chest. She wasn't exactly sure as to what it was given that her sight wasn't fully operational yet, but upon impact, she had the wind knocked out of her. The woman landed on her back, the shoulder that had been on the receiving end of an attack a few moments ago now throbbing in even more pain. Her staff landed within reaching distance, and when she desperately began to search for it, she was able to find it rather quickly.

With a good portion of her torso in pain, Rosalie tried to pull herself away from danger. She kept her eyes forward, and she used her good arm and legs to quickly push herself to the nearest wall. Whenever he went on the offensive, she would know about it and could react accordingly.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Dynamo Frokane
Raw
GM
Avatar of Dynamo Frokane

Dynamo Frokane Does whatever a writer can.

Member Seen 16 hrs ago

Despite the ringing pain in his arm, he noticed that she didn't immediately follow up her attack after disarming him and he used the opportunity to retrieve his weapons. Combat rolling backwards he was able to grab his advanced sword from the floor. And then dived back behind the desk near the window searching for his sub0machine gun. Luckily for his opponent he couldn't fire right away but had to take a second to reload. Not happy about the flimsy cover he found himself behind.

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Xandrya
Raw
Avatar of Xandrya

Xandrya

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

With her back pressed against the wall, Rosalie scrambled to get up, her foot accidentally kicking the weapon she had dropped not too long ago. She realized what was at her feet and reached for it. Noticing that her opponent had momentarily retrieved behind cover, Rosalie took the chance to reload a new cartridge into the gun, a poisonous projectile that would temporarily incapacitate him upon contact. Once that was in place, she activated the laser sight on the weapon and took aim, slowly arching around before she would see him and fire a couple of shots.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Dynamo Frokane
Raw
GM
Avatar of Dynamo Frokane

Dynamo Frokane Does whatever a writer can.

Member Seen 16 hrs ago

Zai had dodged bullets before, but never at this range. Despite the cover of the desk he was behind the opponent's bullets pierced through the cheap wood easily and slammed into his shoulder. His suit managed to stop the bullets from going in, but the impact was enough to knock him over. His arm was searing, he didn't know if it was swelling or some sort of fracture, but he gripped his teeth and scrambled to his feet.

Not wanting to risk a firefight when his opponent had a much more accurate firearm he launched himself out of the window and on to one of the lower roofs on the adjacent building, Landing was painful as he had to roll on the shoulder he was just shot in, but he finally had some space. Now he was looking up at the window wondering what his female nemesis would do next.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Xandrya
Raw
Avatar of Xandrya

Xandrya

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

"He's getting away," Rosalie reported after reactivating her comms, but this time it was set for one-way communication. Of course, what she had said that wasn't entirely true, but sometimes making the situation seem a tinge worse could play in her favor. Not that her handler was all that happy with her at the moment given the pop-up message that appeared on her visor, but he couldn't do much about it anyway.

After taking one quick glance around the room, Rosalie rushed towards the window. She noticed her target down below and made the jump without hesitation, her landing a bit rough but nothing serious enough to sacrifice her fighting abilities. Given their close proximity to one another, Rosalie exchanged her staff for the restraining device, her other hand still holding the gun but with no intention of shooting just yet. A dead opponent would be fine, but not great.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Dynamo Frokane
Raw
GM
Avatar of Dynamo Frokane

Dynamo Frokane Does whatever a writer can.

Member Seen 16 hrs ago

Zai braced himself as his opponent jumped after him, he was expecting her to fire her gun but instead she closed the distance. Suprisingly though she didn't attack him, she just got her weapons ready and started to inch towards him. Being a little caught off guard by that he hesitated, wondering if some sort of trap was ready, but no, this woman wasn't trying to kill him, but detain him.

Zai felt the tiniest hint of guilt for not engaging her in an honorable hand to hand combat but he was killer first and a marital artist second. He pulled out his submachine gun and sprayed a full burst of bullets at his opponents torso and face at close range.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Xandrya
Raw
Avatar of Xandrya

Xandrya

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

The sudden onslaught of bullets was unexpected, and to say Rosalie was caught off guard was a major understatement. Her armor did the best it could trying to keep the bullets from penetrating through, but in the end, it could only do so much. Her head gear, one which was equipped with a protective double layer for additional security, had stopped the bullets dead in their tracks, with a number of them sticking halfway out of her visor. But the same couldn't be said for her body below the neck. Two bullets had fully penetrated the armor, hitting her upper right arm. Another one hit her chest, opposite her heart. Rosalie also had another wound below the center of her chest, and the last bullet had lodged right below her neck, barely missing an artery.

The pain was so intense, she almost felt numb. Rosalie had fallen on her back from the impact alone, and her shallow breathing was the only sign she was alive. Regret immediately began to eat away at her, and with whatever ounce of energy she had left, she attempted to aim her weapon at her opponent to pull the trigger one last time.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Dynamo Frokane
Raw
GM
Avatar of Dynamo Frokane

Dynamo Frokane Does whatever a writer can.

Member Seen 16 hrs ago

Zai watched as his opponent crumpled on the floor, he was surprised her armor was able to keep her not only alive but conscious. He wanted to end this quickly so he reloaded his weapon, preparing to fire at her head on the floor. But just as he was about to pull the trigger, a final shot from his opponent's pistol blasted the submachine gun out of his hand. As if to defy a pitiful death.

Zai very slightly bowed his head in respect before leaping to fall on top of her, with his advanced edge sword driving downwards to pierce her heart.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet