Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



Guin Stark


Guin nodded, putting on Wreck-It Ralph. She then pressed a button and Lance's chair collapsed down into a little bed for him. She let go of his hand, got up, and grabbed a pillow and a blanket from storage. It paid to be rich. Tossing them at him, Guin smirked slightly. "Get some rest, Sleeping Beauty," she teased him. She then went and sat down a few seats away from him, hugging her knees to her chest. Her long hair flowed out in front of her as she looked out the window, barely even watching the movie as it started to play silently.

They had a long flight ahead of them to England. She figured Pepper would notice they had left within the next hour or so and that she'd call Tony. Maybe it would take them a little longer to realize that they'd gotten onto a jet. She pulled her phone out and shut it off. She then took the watch off of her hand with her digital assistant, P.H.I.L. - and she crushed the A.I. under her foot. She didn't want Tony to be able to track her.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Lance Banner





Lance, not being entirely used to the whole, being rich with a private jet thing, was a little surprised when the chair flipped to a small bed all of a sudden. He hadn't been lying though, he was really tired, not to mention there was a chance that they'd be jet lagged by the time they reached England, so that was something too. Catching the blanket and pillow that she tossed at him, he rolled his eyes slightly at what she had called him.

"Whatever Guin... Wake me up or something when we get there," he responded, before he followed Guin's lead and pulled out his phone, turning it off. Hopefully that would buy them some time for people trying to find them, but likely not much. An hour or so tops before they were discovered as missing, and he was pretty sure Pepper wouldn't hesitate to call Tony and let him know, which then would likely result in his dad knowing... And things would get really messy.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



Guin Stark


Guin woke up Lance when they landed in Greenwich. She took care of things with the pilot, instructing him to have the jet ready to go in the next two hours. She figured that was about how long it would take for them to find their parents and for Tony and Banner to send them home - alongside the Avengers. There was about a half hour in there for some epic fighting with Sterns as well. Once they were off of the jet, Guin glanced at Lance. She then pulled something from her bag, showing what she had grabbed from the house. "Got my skates," she told him.

She knelt down onto the ground and put them on. She was decent enough at skating that she figured she could just roll around England with them on. "...I wish I could do more to help - have powers like you do," Guin admitted, glancing up at the sky for a moment. It was overcast and getting late in the evening here in Greenwich. "The pilot didn't seem to get any messages...So I'm guessing Pepper must have been a bit slower than we expected on calling our parents." It had been about halfway through the flight that Pepper had called Tony.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Lance Banner





Lance had managed to get a little bit of sleep, but it had been not the best. For the past few days, his dreams had the occasional nightmare, and recently those nightmares involved Sterns and what had happened the few days before. It shouldn't worry him too much, he knew that, but still... Everything that had happened played out through his head, no matter how much he wanted to forget it, to ignore it. The more he tried, the more the memory stuck out. It was getting to be a bit on the annoying side.

"...Honestly, I'd rather not have my powers... Be normal like everyone else... Not having to deal with stuff like this... Anyway... Any idea where we're going or how we get there? We can't just wander around England aimlessly... We have to do something... Got a plan Guin? Going here was kind of your idea..." he said, looking over at her, nodding slightly as he recognized the skates that she had.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



Guin Stark


"We're in Greenwich - that's where the center of this convergence thing should be," Guin informed Lance first. They were still at the airport so she half walked, half skated away from the private airport and to the sidewalk. Glancing around as she spun in a slight circle, she was busy looking for something obviously horrible. "At least it's dark - I swear everything our parents deal with end up having some huge crazy light show," she mused.

Eventually, she spotted what looked like red lightning coming down from the sky. It vanished a moment later but Guin pointed at it. "That way, I bet. All else fails, we get a compass or something from a convenience store and see which way it points. With all of the disturbances, I bet it'll go haywire and point in the direction of the convergence rather than magnetic north...Or we could turn on our phones and call them, but that's not nearly as much fun."
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Lance Banner





"...Not to mention pretty sure if we called and asked we'd get chewed out for following them to England, not to mention they likely would then not tell us where to go... That would just be a waste of time," Lance said with a slight smile, glancing around the area. He'd never been there, so he had no idea what was so special about Greenwich, or anything like that. The Convergence definitely sounded like a bad thing to have to deal with or something.

When he saw the light flash, he looked over at Guin and nodded. Nothing like that generally happened when it came to things in areas like this. "Wish I had skates like you since it would likely be easier and quicker to get there then running," he said, before he took off running in that direction, wondering slightly where their parents probably were at that moment.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



Guin Stark


Guin smiled slightly as Lance said he wished that he had skates like her. She skated alongside him, not activating the jets yet. "Maybe when we get back to our normal lives...if that ever happens...you can come over and I'll teach you how to make them," she suggested. The wind was blowing her hair back and they were lucky they didn't have to travel far, as Lance would've quickly run out of steam trying to run. The center of the disturbances looked like it was in some sort of old library building - and Guin could see their parents outside of it.

"So - should we shout out to them or just surprise them by saving their asses at the last second?" Guin asked Lance, skating to a halt. Some of the passerby were giving her weird looks but she was a New Yorker: she didn't care. Thor had a pretty woman with him that Guin recognized as his ex, Dr. Jane Foster. Guin had seen her dad watch the live stream of a few of her talks before.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Lance Banner





"I'd be perfectly fine with that as long as our parents don't decide to try and ground us for all eternity in following them here," Lance said with a slight smile. He'd never been one to build machinery like that, aside from maybe working on the occasional robot when he was bored, so it would be a fun project. He also expected his dad to be freaking out when he found out that they weren't in California. That likely would make for an interesting conversation to say the least.

He glanced down at where Thor was, and he thought about what Guin said for a moment. "Your call, I don't care either way since I know for a fact we are already in big trouble, why not go all the way with it? But seriously, your idea to come to England, you get to come up with the plan, not me," he said, still looking more of at Thor, a little curious as to what they were doing.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



Guin Stark


She paused for a moment, thinking it over. "They'd probably send us back to some hotel if we showed ourselves to them. So we have to wait until they can't waste time to do that - so it's going to have to be a swoop in at the last second and save their asses type of thing," Guin reasoned. She didn't want to be watching her father and his friends save the world from some hotel room. If that was going to happen, then they would have come all of this way for nothing.

"How about we try and get to the roof? We can get a better view of everything going on - or maybe you can like...be a radiation detector? And sniff out where Sterns is?" Guin suggested, looking at her friend. They hadn't ever really tested the extent of his powers, beyond the one all night training session they had done together on a roof in New York.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Lance Banner





"Yeah, they probably would... To keep us out of trouble or something... Even though trouble tends to find us no matter what it seems like... I mean really..." Lance said, looking over at Guin now. This wasn't exactly the ideal situation for them to be in, just sitting around, waiting for something to happen. They didn't even know if they could actually do something to help stop Sterns.

"Uh... Guin? Pretty sure my powers don't work like that... Almost positive I can't be some radiation detector or something, so guess we need to see about getting on a rooftop or something close by so we can keep an eye on things..." he said, shaking his head at the suggestion that he could sniff out radiation or anything like that. If that was the case he likely would be virtually useless all the time since it'd be going off when his dad was around constantly.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



Guin Stark


"Have you ever tried? No. So that's a quitter talking," Guin told Lance, until she stopped for a moment and felt her blood chill. Her father used to say that to her when she was little - and she had hated it. Even if she had tried, he'd give her that same little speech. Her expression darkened slightly. There were times when she had to wonder if her father even liked having a kid. She knew that he didn't want her, that much was clear - painfully clear. "Come on, let's go to the fucking roof," she muttered.

She kicked off on her skates, activating the thrusters ever so slightly and in just a few seconds, she had made it over to the building. There was an external ladder and she knew it was dangerous to climb in skates, but Guin didn't care. Luckily, it seemed that Lady Luck smiled on her. She went carefully, going rung by rung, and she made sure to put the base of the shoe and not the wheels on the bars. Eventually, she had made her way to the top of the building and once up there, Guin gulped, realizing that they weren't alone.

And there was a reason that none of the Avengers were on this roof yet.

Philip Sterns was there.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Lance Banner





"...Seriously Guin? Taking off without me?" Lance mumbled when he saw her kind of zip off away from him. That was a little bit annoying in his mind, as it meant he'd have to run to play catch up. Why couldn't his life be easier? Or his powers might have been something better, like the ability to fly? That would have made things so much easier in the long run, but no, his powers made him turn into a laser light show.

He took a deep breath before racing after Guin, not too sure what to do at the moment, but he started to climb up to the ladder to the roof. Lance wondered why Guin had stopped, hesitating, and he didn't notice it until he was on the roof as well, and that was when he noticed Sterns there. "...Hell..." Lance couldn't help but say out loud. Sterns proceeded to turn and look over at them, noticing that they were there now.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



Guin Stark


"Great, are we in time for the monologue?" Guin asked, her heart sinking slightly. Sterns was dangerous - yes, physically so but also biologically. He was crawling with radiation and although she was certain it was all in her mind, it felt like her entire body was tingling while she was near him. She wished that she hadn't destroyed her device and would have been able to give an emergency alert to her father that they were in danger. Yet come to think about it, facing Sterns was less scary than dealing with a lecture from her father about sneaking off to Europe.

She then took a mental inventory. She was on the roof with Lance, who had ill defined powers over light. She had her rocket skates - not that she really wanted to use them up here. If she drove off the roof, she doubted she'd stick that landing without shattering every bone in her legs beyond repair. And of course, there was the homicidal maniac. She then looked up at the sky. From what she could tell, they had less than five minutes until the convergence - until Sterns could harness all of the cosmic radiation from the Nine Realms and turn himself into a creature more powerful than the immortal Hulk.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Lance Banner





"Now Ms. Stark, why on Earth would you think so little of me? That is a bit of a cliche, the whole villain monologuing thing, it does give people like me a bit of a bad name wouldn't you think?" Sterns said with a slight laugh, looking at the two of them. Lance could feel the radiation from Sterns as well, but he was glad that he had somewhat of an immunity.

"...Pretty sure you all being crazy bastards is what gives you a bad name..." Lance said, shaking his head. It made him wonder just what the hell Sterns was going to do now that he had seen them. Lance was going through the different things that they could do, but he was not seeing, or thinking, of anyway that they could easily get out of this situation without getting seriously injured.

Almost as if instinctively, Lance's hands started to glow with a faint light, and he was glaring right at Sterns. "I hate you, and you need to leave, now."

"Oh? And what exactly are a pair of kids like you two going to do if I don't turn back from this plan you likely have labelled as crazy?"
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



Guin Stark


Guin's heart was pounding and she was trying not to think about how critical radiation exposure was linked to cancer. No - she was definitely not thinking about that. Her skates gave her an idea, but it was risky. She didn't know if it was physically safe for her to make contact with that much radiation - but it would save the world. Their parents seemed to be off getting set up and from what she could tell, Sterns was just warming up. If they hit him now, they'd save their parents and the world. Maybe it was impulsive - maybe it was just the adrenaline pumping, but she couldn't get the idea out of her head.



"You know what's another cliché? These stupid ass questions!" Guin pointed out, taking a breath before she crouched down slightly and then, as if jolted with realization, she took off her skates and set them to max acceleration. The skates launched from her hands and hit Sterns in the chest, sending the man stumbling backwards until he fell from the roof. "Lando, can you go fight him? He won't be done," Guin said, looking at the contraption. "I can shut whatever this thing is off." She then quickly gave her best friend a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Good luck. Don't die on me, Pikachu."
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Lance Banner





"Guin? How exactly am I supposed to fight him when he's down there? I can't fly! Guess off I go to climb the ladder down..." Lance said, but before he was able to walk too far away, there was a roar of sorts, and the next thing he new, there was a loud crash as Sterns had shifted into the being known as Madman. He stared at Sterns, wondering what the hell were they going to do? This guy literally just shifted, and now they were likely totally screwed! They couldn't exactly stand up to the guy now, but Lance knew that they had to do something.

"...Well we are totally screwed..." he said before he sent a blast of light at Sterns, but the light didn't seem to effect him at all, much like how Lance wasn't able to effect the Hulk too much unless he was right next to him. This was definitely not a good thing, not good at all! He edged backwards as Madman looked at Lance, and then at Guin, before laughing slightly at the two of them.

"You two have no idea what you are doing do you?"
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



Guin Stark


"...Crap. Too late," Guin muttered. He must have already collected enough cosmic radiation from the Convergence to shift into a Hulk like being. She bit her lip slightly, though she knew that the more cosmic radiation he took in, the stronger this creature was likely to become. Hopefully, though, the Avengers were notice and get their act together. "Actually...You're right. We have no idea what we're doing," Guin said cautiously, walking backwards towards the contraption.

She then spotted something out of the corner of her eye. "But they do - AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!" she shouted, having always wanted to say that. "Well said, Guinevere!" Thor praised, carrying Hawkeye in one hand and his hammer in the other. He deposited Hawkeye and Guin then saw the Hulk jump onto the roof with a roar, staring down Madman.

"HULK SMASH!" he screamed, before going on the attack. Guin then ran over to the contraption and luckily, she recognized the program that it was designed in and she got to work on dismantling it, in order to stop Sterns from using the cosmic radiation to feed his power.

"You kids shouldn't be here," Widow warned.
Hidden 29 days ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Lance Banner





"Yeah I know we shouldn't be here, and we'll likely be getting a bit of a lecture about this whole situation later, but don't you think there are more important things to deal with?" Lance pointed out to Black Widow. Tony came flying up onto the rooftop as well, and he sent a blast at Madman, who just sort of seemed to shrug it off as if it was nothing. Lance went racing over to where Guin was, "So, we are definitely going to get chewed out after this, so what are you doing exactly?"

"You two need to get out of here!" Tony yelled at the pair, and Steve managed to make it up onto the rooftop as well, though he wasn't too sure how much help he'd be against someone even remotely like the Hulk.

Madman just laughed at the group, "Do you really think you'll be able to stop me?" he scoffed, holding his own surprisingly easily against the Hulk at the moment.

"Also Guin, really with that somewhat cheesy line?" Lance muttered, trying to stay relatively calm.
Hidden 28 days ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Seen 3 hrs ago



Guin Stark


"Would you rather I shout something horribly depressing?" Guin asked Lance, a bit miffed that he had been annoyed with her cheesy line. She had always wanted to say it and it wasn't like Cap was saying it a lot these days. However, she was focusing on working with the contraption at the moment. It was a program that she had seen at least twice before and that was enough for the Stark heiress to figure out what to do. "It'll take too long to explain but basically, I'm doing the equivalent of opening up task manager and shutting this thing down," Guin told Lance. Her mind was racing and she didn't want to go through the slight time delay it would take to explain her thoughts. She typed in a final line of code and hit enter, her left toes wiggling rapidly with nerves - and then the device shut down. "There. Now he can't take in any more cosmic radiation," she told Lance. "But for safety.... Mind blasting this thing with a laser light show?"

"Allow me," Thor said with a smile, throwing his hammer up into the air and collecting a lightning strike. He then threw the lightning at the machine and fried its components beyond use. "You can get the next one," he told Lance with a chuckle.

"YOU WANT THE HULK?" the Hulk shouted at Madman, becoming angrier and angrier. Thor was throwing his hammer into the melee, making sure to target Madman and not his ally. Black Widow, meanwhile, motioned for Steve to come over with her. Hawkeye did as well.

"We need to get the kids out of here," she told her human companions, knowing that they wouldn't be much use in a battle of Hulks. Tony was the only one with the equipment needed to take on one of the monsters and Thor had the raw strength and endurance needed for it as well.
Hidden 28 days ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Seen 2 hrs ago



Lance Banner





"By all means, smash the thing, I'd prefer not to blast things if I can't help it," he said with a shrug towards Thor, before looking over at Guin. "So, how about we get out of here before something bad happens?" he said to her. Cap had walked over to where Black Widow and Hawkeye were, nodding his head in agreement. They needed to get the kids out and away as quickly as possible, he glanced around the area, trying to see a quick way to get them down.

"Quickest way down is the way the two came up onto the roof. There isn't any quick way down, especially considering that none of the rest of us can actually fly or even come close to it. The ladder might not hold too much longer with the fighting going on up here, but we might not have much of a choice but to use it," he said, glancing over at the ladder now.

"...What are the odds of that actually being stable?" Lance muttered. Part of him was just wondering if it would just be quicker to jump off the side of the building, since from what he knew that likely was going to have the same result, except they wouldn't have to deal with a ladder falling on top of them that way.

Sterns roared at the attacks, and he ripped up a portion of the roof and threw it at Thor. Tony was trying to damage him, but wasn't seemingly doing too much, the guy had a lot of raw strength, just like the Hulk, and this was not going too well for them or something.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet