Hidden 6 mos ago Post by Denny
Raw
GM
Avatar of Denny

Denny .honey

Member Seen 6 days ago




"That's all you got?" Abram said, spitting blood towards the man before him. "When I get these things off of me, I'm going to kill you, you know that right?"

Abe was never a man for threats, but being punched and kicked while being tied up kind of pissed him off. It pissed him off enough that he was threatening the men who stood around him. The easy route would have been to use spells on Abram, but luckily he had a magic charm on him that helped protect him from out-bound spells, for a the time being.

One of the men cracked his fists, grinning ear to ear, as he stepped up, lifting the young Auror to his feet as he began leading him back into the room that Claire was left. Abe was thankful that she wasn't hurt as he entered the room, his own face smiling as blood trickled down from his lip.

"I'm right here," he said, "Fine and dandy." Abram was then tossed beside Claire, with the man quickly leaving the room, locks and bolts sounding before his heavy footsteps faded behind the wooden barrier.

"Are you alright?" Abram said, wiping the blood with his shoulder. "These guys... They were expecting us to drink the alcohol. I think they work for Khan, but no one is saying anything. If I only had my damn wand."
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by headintheclouds
Raw
coGM
Avatar of headintheclouds

headintheclouds Pro Daydreamer

Member Online

Claire lifted her head as she saw Abram being brought into the room, relieved to see that he was mostly okay, but a little unnerved that he was smiling. She certainly wasn't smiling, and she was still trying to get herself out of the restraints on her wrists. Any non-verbal skill that she was trying to use did absolutely nothing, and she was slowly beginning to realize that this room had wards on it that prevented magic from being used. Even apparition was impossible after a brief attempt, though she didn't have enough energy to do it properly to begin with.

"I'm as okay as I can be at this point, they must have dragged you out before me." She said, coughing in an attempt to clear her throat. It felt like somebody had filled her cheeks with cotton balls, and she craved some sort of moisture desperately. "I don't have my wand either, I don't think. They've got my hands tied up pretty tight though, and I haven't managed to undo them."

Continuing to struggle with the bindings, she looked over him, worried at how much he was bleeding. "This is the worst hangover ever." She said dryly, standing up and walking over to him as she wiggled her hands around. "There are wards on this room; we can't get out by magic no matter how hard we try."
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Denny
Raw
GM
Avatar of Denny

Denny .honey

Member Seen 6 days ago




"Well then I guess we have to do it the old fashioned way and just start kickin' and punchin'." Abe chuckled, doing his best to ease the tension alongside his partner. Their hands were bound tight, so there wasn't an option to start throwing around real punches, but they had to do something if they wanted to get out of the room and from wherever they were being held.

The wizard hadn't made a move before because he didn't know where Claire was or if she was okay, but now being in the room with her and a conscious one at that, he was ready to do whatever it would take. "We don't have much choice in what we can do." Abram sighed, shaking his head in heartache. "I know we've been trained for this, but we're going to have to try and rush out or something."

Abram wasn't much of a thinker, he went with his gut and would usually follow through on it. He honestly was hoping that his partner had a better idea for their current situation of getting out of the room. He figured they had at least thirty minutes to an hour until one of the men would rotate back into the room to check if the two were still alive. That would have been enough time for them to strategize and come up with a plan of action.

"I know my plan kind of sucks, so I'm all ears if you have one." The handsome man said, licking his lips.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by headintheclouds
Raw
coGM
Avatar of headintheclouds

headintheclouds Pro Daydreamer

Member Online

"The first thing is to get our hands free." Claire murmured, pacing around the room and trying to survey the room as well as her partner, looking for a plan of escape as well as doing some sort on injury assessment. Auror training wasn't exactly the best when it came to situations like this; everything they were trained to do assumed that they had some sort of magical help when fighting or interrogating, but in this situation, they had nothing. It was a room with a light hanging from the ceiling, and two wooden chairs that looked like they would splinter if someone even looked at them too hard. The door was locked with a pretty decent lock, and the walls were solid enough that there was no way to push through them.

Biting her lip, she walked behind him and realized that the knot on his tied hands was in a position that she could get to. She also realized that there was a very big chance somebody was listening to them, and blowing their plan out loud would be the final nail in the coffin. Walking up next to Abram, she got close enough to rest her head on his shoulder, the picture of stressed defeat to anybody that could be watching, but close enough for her to be able to whisper to him. "I think I can undo the knot on your hands, and then you can undo mine." She murmured. "I think we can at least get our hands undone, so our wrists don't rip into pieces. Mine are already shredding."

Waiting for a little while, the leaning position easing the throbbing in her headache surprisingly well, Claire straightened up once more and pulled him down to sit next to her at a bit of a slant, his shoulder against the wall and her opposite shoulder against the wall, her head back on his shoulder. [color] "Just don't look like I'm untying your hands? If we can get this done, then getting mine done should be easy."[/color] She started to fiddle with the knot on his rope, finding a place that would cause it to loosen up if she had something like a bobby pin or a sewing needle to wiggle the rope apart. She could feel the rope digging into her wrists further, making them bleed as she tried to get him untied, and she had to stop for a minute, closing her eyes.

"This works far better in Muggle movies." Claire muttered under her breath, frustrated. In movies it looked like the agents were able to just untie ropes quickly and move on, but in reality, the ropes were chewing into her skin and making it bleed, the knot was too tight for her to untie without looking and with the tips of her fingers, and she didn't have the convenience of being a character in a movie that always won in the end.

She sat for a minute or two, trying to ease the pain in her wrists, before she realized how much of an idiot she was. [color]" I am an actual idiot. I can have any hands I want."[/color] Claire said, falling silent for a moment and concentrating through her headache, putting the energy into her hands and wrists. She may not have had magic, but she did have the ability to make her hands and wrists smaller by changing them into the hands of a child, and within thirty seconds her hands were free from the rope and back to normal size.

With the rope gone from her wrists, and a bobby pin from her hair, she made quick work of the rope on his hands, untying the knot and loosening the bind before pulling the rope away. "We're both free, but I don't know if they'll be watching and able to see that we don't have the rope on." She whispered, biting her lip and leaning back against the wall.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Denny
Raw
GM
Avatar of Denny

Denny .honey

Member Seen 6 days ago




Abram sat in awe as he watched Claire work her own little magic. He was astounded by the sight of her changing the biology of her hands into smaller, child-like ones to slip out of the ropes, something that was strangely cool yet also a bit odd to see. He knew she said to play it off like he wasn't being untied, but Abe couldn't help but show a bit of surprise at the quick thinking of the auror.

"I don't think they're watching," Abram finally said. "When I was being taken out, it didn't seem like they were. They dragged me to a room pretty far. I think we're in some kind of warehouse."

Feeling the freedom of the ropes being off, Abram flashed a smile and another playful wink, with his spirits on the rise thanks to Claire's amazing efforts. Next would be his turn in whatever plan they were concocting, but he needed new players in before he could actually start.

"Claire," Abram said with a grin. "When the next guy comes in the room, I'm going to try and get their wand. You'll need it when you get out of this room since there's wards in here. Just keep running and I'll be right behind you, okay?" His plan was fairly simple, he would take on whatever guard was coming in the room to take Claire and wrestle for his wand, handing it to Claire so she would be armed when she got out of the room. He would trail behind her, in hopes that they would find an exit or at least a place to hide that didn't have wards placed in them.

Not a moment after Abe explained his plan to his partner, the locks at the door clicked. He glanced over at Claire one last time, nodding in preparation of his plan he conjured up.

As the man entered the room and neared the two who were seated up against the wall, Abram began counting down in his head, "Three, two... one." Once the man was in front of Claire, reaching his hand out to her, Abram lunged, tackling him down to the ground. The man was a lot bigger than Abram, but with the surprise attack, the young auror was able to get him on his back. With his hands free, Abram began swinging punches at the man's head. He got two solid hits in, but was soon caught by the rock solid fists of the guard, sending him into a bit of shock.

Recovering quickly from the adrenaline, Abram ricocheted back into action sending an elbow down towards the man, who caught it with his meaty hands. Abram noticed that he was about to shout something, so quickly thinking he slipped his left arm and managed another punch, only allowing the man to gasp out a grunt. Red anger began radiating from the guards eyes as he swiftly and smoothly flipped them, causing Abram to be the one now on his back.

The large man chuckled, knowing he had full control now as he raged one powerful punch downwards at Abram. The blood quickly pour out from the blow but Abram was doing his best to provide time for Claire to get out, but he knew she was still probably waiting on one thing, the wand. That's when he saw it as he laid underneath the gigantic wizard, it was holstered in his belt. Blocking his face as another punch came flying down, he quickly lifted and bent his legs as far up as he could, wrapping them around the guard's arms. His arms were larger than expected as Abe's legs weren't even able to warp around them for too long, but he managed to give himself an opening as he reached for the wand, quickly tossing it over to Claire.

"Go!" He roared as he was preparing himself for another blow.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by headintheclouds
Raw
coGM
Avatar of headintheclouds

headintheclouds Pro Daydreamer

Member Online

Claire nodded in his agreement with his plan, looking up in surprise as the door clicked open before they had a chance to say anything more. A half formed plan was in her mind off the back of his plan, but there were so many variables that could go wrong that there was no way to tell what would work and what would go horribly wrong. Grabbing a length of rope and shoving it in her pocket, just in case her half formed plan worked, she stood with a fairly neutral look on her face as the guard approached her.

Not reaching towards him so he had no reason to sound any sort of alarm, she backed up to just near the door as Abram launched into action, taking advantage of the element of surprise and distraction to gain the upper hand. She hesitated at the door, not wanting to leave Abram behind, but as he tossed the wand directly into her hands and she grabbed it, she knew she could do better getting out of there and trying to find a way out. There wasn't much she could do in a room covered by wards anyways.

"Eyes and throat!" She yelled back, examining the guard fully before taking off down the hallway and praising her small size for allowing her to move fairly noise free, or at least more noise free than most would be. The wand in her hands wasn't hers and therefore wouldn't work as well, but it would work, and combined with non verbal spells, she was back to nearly a full bag of tricks.

For somewhere with two kidnapped hostages, the warehouse was surprisingly bare, and she slipped into a side room, trying to catch her breath and stay out of the way of other guards. She briefly contemplated sending a message back to headquarters, a distress signal, but she wasn't sure that would be possible given that she didn't have her own wand, and she doubted it would be smart given the fact that someone at headquarters could have given them up. Backing against a wall, she hit something soft, realizing that she had found some sort of closet or wardrobe of guard uniforms, identical to the one the guard in the room had been wearing.

The only option she could think of at the moment was risky at best, and depended on whether Abram was able to get past the guard.She wasn't sure how far the wards went and she didn't want to set off any alarms in an attempt to get Abram, she just had to pray that he incapacitated the guard, and soon.

Still groggy from whatever had been in the alcohol, head still pounding, it took a lot of energy to enact her idea. With the wand and rope on the floor, she tugged her own clothes off and pulled a guard uniform on that she thought would be close enough to the right size of the new man, the clothes draping off of her and dragging on the floor. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and focused as intently on the guard's image as she could, grimacing at hoe much concentration it took. A minute later, she no longer looked like Claire; she looked like a large and intimidating guard, and she bent over, lacing boots on and putting the wand in its holster, the rope coiled on her new belt.

Kicking her clothes into the corner to either hide them permanently or come back and retrieve later, she emerged from the closet and shut the door behind her, beginning to patrol the hall in an attempt to blend in.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Denny
Raw
GM
Avatar of Denny

Denny .honey

Member Seen 6 days ago




As quick as he had tossed the wand to Claire, she sprinted out of the room, his own spirit lifting as at least one of them would got out. The tossing of the wand also distracted the guard as he lifted his body up to intercept it, giving Abram a chance to slip out from underneath the large, behemoth of a man. "You should be paying attention to me," Abram said as he sent a barrage of punches to the man's face and chest. He was about five punches in with the man's large sausage finger's overlapped Abe's fists, stopping his furry of blows, before sending one to the auror's gut.

A cough of blood and saliva was spat out by Abram as he gasped for air. Not wanting to die in whatever hell hole they were in, Abram pushed on. He wasn't about to let Claire down by sending her into the rest of the warehouse alone, he needed to pick up his feet and do whatever he could to follow her. Another punch was sent his way but this time Abram stepped back away from the reach of the guard's fists, quickly retaliating with his own lunged punch. He struck the man in the cheek, leaving an imprint, before slinging a powerful sledgehammer punch down to his forehead.

The hit was effective as the man's eyes rolled back as he fell backwards. Abram puffed heavily, knowing full well that luck was on his side. If the man was on his feet instead of still fighting on his knees the young auror would have been dead. Spitting out a bit of blood, he felt the pain in his chest finally throbbing as well as his fists from the blows he gave and received. He was an auror for a reason, magic meant that he wouldn't have to physically do anything, but not having his wand and with the wards made it impossible.

"Claire!" He said as his head snapped back to his partner. Abe sped out of the room, out to a hallway. Puzzled and dazed from the fight, he blinked furiously as he just continued on with following his gut. He wanted to call out to Claire, but he also didn't want to alarm the others that they escaped, if they hadn't already. Abram bit his lips as he peeked in room after room, holding his stomach with one hand, slugging himself along, pain throbbing all over his body.

His spirit evaporated in an instant as his body went cold. Abram stood in the doorway to one of the smaller rooms and was greeted by what looked like the man he had barely knocked out in the room they had been kept in. "What the hell." The auror said with a deep sigh. His knees were about to give up as he felt the energy lift off of his shoulders.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by headintheclouds
Raw
coGM
Avatar of headintheclouds

headintheclouds Pro Daydreamer

Member Online

Claire couldn’t see Abram, but she also couldn’t see or hear any sort of panic or guards rustling around as they realized that the cell had no prisoners and one guard. She was praying that he was able to get out okay, trying to keep an eye out for him while also blending in. She paused in the doorway of a small room and heard rustling from around the corner, causing her to whirl towards the noise, momentarily forgetting that she was meant to be a guard rather than an Auror.

When she saw that the noise was from Abram, who looked as if the guard had used him a weapon instead of an opponent. The nerves lifted slightly out of her stomach, then dropped back down when she saw his knees buckle under him. With no explanation, she reached forwards and grabbed him around the waist, picking him up and taking him into the small room, shutting the door behind them and setting him down on the floor.

“Abram, it’s me.” She whispered, taking the opportunity to maintain energy by using her own voice rather than that of the guard’s. ”We’ve got a trick they don’t know, but we don’t have long before they figure it out.”

Her partner looked like hell, and she attempted to keep the worry off of her face. He needed help soon, and she wasn’t sure how much she could give, or how far the wards on this place extended. The only thing that made sense to her was to have wards on the cell itself, and maybe on the immediate hallway outside. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be able to use magic in case of an escaped captive.

“I cant do anything big now, but I’m going to heal as much as I can in as little time possible so you can at least walk out of here. I have the rope in my pocket; once you’re healed a little I’ll tie you, and I’ll escort you out of here. I don’t know if it will work, but I have a wand and a disguise, so it’s the best plan we have right now.”

Praying this worked, she put a hand on him and mumbled, “Episkey.” she could have done it without speaking, but it was stronger with the wand at her side and took less energy. It wasn’t a strong spell by any means, but it would heal any small cuts and scrapes and broken bones, like noses or fingers.

”Can you walk?” She asked, offering him a hand. He needed a wand at the very least, and at best they would find their own wands and her bag, which were likely locked up somewhere with her bag being gone through.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Denny
Raw
GM
Avatar of Denny

Denny .honey

Member Seen 6 days ago




A mixture of confusion and relief fell over his body as the person before him wasn't actually the same man he had been brawling with in the room they were locked up in, but instead it was Claire in disguise. She quickly chanted a minor healing spell over him, which eased the pain of his bruised and battered body, and helping him stand to his feet.

"I should," he muttered. "We need to find our wands and get out of here fast." Wincing as he moved, the auror bit his lips, peeking out the door behind him. There wasn't really much of an option other than checking every single room until they found their gear, but again, it was a dangerous game they would be playing.

Claire's plan of walking Abe out like a prisoner seemed like the best plan of action. So he agreed, letting her bound his hands together as they returned out into the hall, trying to play the role of prisoner and guard as best as they could.

"The guy should be out for awhile longer, but I don't know when they'll notice he's been gone too long." Abram said as they neared the corner. That's when another two guards appeared on the other end, with the two of them actually having to now figure out how to avoid being caught out as frauds.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by headintheclouds
Raw
coGM
Avatar of headintheclouds

headintheclouds Pro Daydreamer

Member Online

Claire made sure to tie his hands well enough to be convincing, but loose enough for his to be able to slip his hand out and fight if it came to that. She had no actual plan for what was going to happen, and she was hoping that every movie she had ever watched worked out in her favor with what she was trying to pull of. Having a wand was helpful, but she wouldn't mind if they got out of there without ever using it.

"The only way I can see to get out of this is to tell the truth most of the time, make major assumptions, and lie the rest of the time. I can do this for about an hour, I'm guessing. Just go along with it." She said quietly, just loud enough for him to hear. Pulling Abram up a bit roughly, to keep up the image, she stared down the guards, squaring her shoulders.

"Little bitch in the room pulled some bullshit trick; nobody thought to warn us she was a metamorphmagus. Went in there to pull her out for questioning and the minute I touched her, she turned into me, and he started to beat the shit out of me. Knocked her out, but she hasn't turned back yet. I'm separating the two of them so they can't pull a stunt like this again."

She was using the guard's voice, a rough barking noise, and holding Abram firmly. "She'll wake up soon I'm guessing; still have my wand, and she's not that big, so just don't let her change into one of you. I'm taking him to storage first, see if we can get him to give us the laptop password. It's got some sort of encryption on it."

She started down a hallway, not giving the guards time to react, when one called, "Storage is the other way, dumbass. Reverse trace his wand too, see if he can explain the last stuff he has on there."

Claire turned and led Abram in the direction the guards had indicated, shaking him slightly as they walked towards the other guards to keep up the image, praying they didn't see past the scam.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Denny
Raw
GM
Avatar of Denny

Denny .honey

Member Seen 6 days ago




Abram kept silent as he watched Claire in action. She was good, really good. Her morphing and acting abilities were on point, and she played the guard pretty well for having only touched him just once. Once the two guards were out of distance and corners away, Abram grinned widely. "I think letting you lead is better for the both of us."

He chuckled playfully as they neared a single door at the end of a hallway. Going with his gut, Abram assumed it was to the storage as he slipped his hands out of the loosely tied ropes. Once inside he was relieved that there were no other guards around, meaning that whoever took them didn't have too many henchmen as he thought lying around. "Let's see if we can find our wands."

Rushing to a table on his left, he looked around the messy table filled with tools and knickknacks, along with plans and blueprints of the hotel they were staying in. "You were right... Someone knew we were going to be there."

A mixture of fear and anxiety began creeping from his toes as he looked at the things on the table, almost forgetting about finding his wand. "We might be in over our heads."
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by headintheclouds
Raw
coGM
Avatar of headintheclouds

headintheclouds Pro Daydreamer

Member Online

“We are absolutely in over our heads.” Claire said in her own voice, finding it was becoming harder and harder to fully be the guard. Her hands and voice were hers now, allowing her to conserve some of that energy but stay in a state that would allow her to quickly shift back should other guards enter.

Surveying the room, she ran a hand through her—or rstaher the guard’s—hair, seeing just how carefully planned everything was but also how much of a mess the place was. They wouldn’t have time to sift through everything to find their wands; she would kill for a camera and her computer st the moment. Her wand and her bag were all she wanted at the moment, and she had no idea where to find them in this clusterfuck of a room.

Looking around the mess, pacing a little bit, her eyes lit up and she looked at Abram. ”We are idiots.” She whispered, a look of glee in the guard’s expression. “we’ve spent so long learning complicated things, non-verbal defense spells.....we’re forgetting the first things we learned. We can summon something we don’t know the location of—we should be able to summon our wands and the rest of our stuff from in here! Do you have the energy to get yours? You try first, and if it works, you can watch my back while I get my stuff, and we can figure out a plan to get out of here. We may have to cause some serious damage, take out a lot of people at once.”

She spoke in a low, quick whisper, shifting her weight from foot to foot. Accio was something she had completely forgotten about, sonsidering she really only used it when she was lazy, but in this case, it was completely plausible. They’d have to do it one at a time, but if it worked, and they didn’t have to search for everything, then they could buy themselves a lot of time and save a lot of energy. There was no way to know whether they would have any backup coming, whether their bosses knew what was going on and had been involved or whether there was a mole in the departments. Their best nest was to just escape with a trail of destruction in their wake, though if they could get out underected, that would be he best option.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Denny
Raw
GM
Avatar of Denny

Denny .honey

Member Seen 6 days ago




Abram shurgged his shoulders, he had the energy, and Claire was right that a spell would simply find their belongings for them, but that would raise a lot more alarms than they needed. The auror trusted his gut though, that Claire was right, it was the only way and no matter what they were going to be in trouble, having their things with them while in trouble would be better than not. "Yeah, I can."

After a deep breath, Abram chanted the summoning charm as he rose his hand into the air, picturing his wand in his hand. "Accio." A bright light began shining from the back corners of the room as it shaped into a small, golden orb, shooting straight at Abe's hand. That's when a loud alarm began piercing the air. His eyes widened as he glanced over at Claire, knowing what he had to do.

"Accio!" He roared again, this time envisioning Claire's wand as another orb flew to his left hand, forming the shape of another wand. He quickly tossed it over to Claire as he heard heavy footsteps behind the door behind them. "Get cover!"

Abram shifted his body towards the door as he extended his arm out, roaring out another spell with whatever energy he had left. "Aqua Eructo!" A forceful jet of water shot from the tip of his wand at the door that was instantly opened as forceful orbs and beams of light began shooting in.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by headintheclouds
Raw
coGM
Avatar of headintheclouds

headintheclouds Pro Daydreamer

Member Online

Claire grimaced as the alarms went off as soon as he summoned his wand; there were clearly wards on this place. The only persons meant to be in there were the ones that knew where everything was, and any sort of magic was forbidden. He summoned her wand before she even had a chance, and she grabbed it from the air, already feeling reassured once the familiar piece was back in her hands.

She knew she was expending way too much energy in keeping up the guard's form, and at this point, it was kind of irrelevant, so she ducked behind a table and shifted back to herself. The guard's pants fell off almost immediately, considering how small she was in comparison, but she kicked his boots and pants off, using the uniform shirt as a dress and just going barefoot. She still had the guard's wand, but she snapped it in half and threw it behind her, figuring any weapon down they could make the enemies would make an advantage.

Abram cast the first spell, repelling the attacks, but she knew that was a hard spell to keep up, and not effective if they were in here for a while. "On the count of three, drop it." She hissed, hoping the attackers couldn't see.

Quietly counting to three, she cast Protego as soon as she hit one, putting up a strong shield between the two parties. "You figure we could get a Patronus out of here? Somebody somewhere has got to be looking for us. She asked, not looking over as she focused all of her attention on the shielding spell while also trying to figure out what in the hell they were going to do.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet