Name: Urru'wargta of Two-Moon Clan. Typically goes by Ur
Age: 34, putting her at 17-18 since Orcs age at approximately half the pace of humans
Gender: Kavir, a third gender in Orc society that lies somewhere between men and women but with a much stronger tie to the spiritual world. Kavir are allowed to have relationships with any gender, but cannot be married and rarely have children. Ur doesn't have any strong pronoun preferences in other languages and is generally confused by the gender binary most of their fellow students seem to hold.
Appearance: At 6'6, Ur is average height for an Orc but tall enough to stand out among the general student body. They are thin and scrawny by Orc standards, with an androgynous build featuring narrow hips and shoulders, a trim waist, and long limbs. Their skin is deep green with several tattoos, most notably a serpent swallowing its own tail on their chest and several rings of geometric designs around their left upper arm. Their hair is black and straight, waist-length when unbound but currently worn in cornrow braids tipped in white and turquoise beads. Like most Orcs, they have thick lips, a low and flat nose, and prominent canine teeth that almost resemble tusks, however they have unusually thin and arched brows for their kind, giving them a slightly aloof appearance. Though intimidating in appearance, they are usually smiling and joking to appear more friendly to their peers.
Class: Shaman, a mage class that focuses on connection with nature and ancestor spirits. Among the nomadic Orc clans, Shamans also perform healing, purification, divination, and animal charming as needed.
Personality: Outgoing and goofy, Ur is very people-oriented and loves being around other interesting young adventurers. This is only their second semester and they already have a reputation as a party animal and class clown. Raised a nomad, they know a few words and a dirty drinking song in just about every common language. They're generally a very cheerful and upbeat person, always down for fun and usually down to help their fellows.
- Urru is charismatic and sensitive, a good leader when they need to be and an excellent follower the rest of the time.
- They are very in-touch with the spirit world while possessing the confidence and sense of self to deal with spirits without losing themself in the process.
- Their spiritual sensitivity also makes them unusually in-touch with nature, a skill honed by years of hunting, tracking, and trailblazing. They know animals and plants like the back of their hand, and it's difficult to put them in an environment they don't know how to thrive in.
- Despite their skinny physique they are still an Orc and exceptionally strong compared to other races, and an exceptionally fast runner due to their height.
- They have a beautiful singing voice and learn new songs and words easily.
- Ur is scared of being alone and gets anxious when there aren't other people around, to the point where they struggle to sleep or eat without someone else near them.
- Reading and writing have never come easily to them, and they aren't very book-smart. They have to work twice as hard as the average student to get below-average grades, only doing well in labs and practica.
- Though their temper is harder to rouse than most Orcs, it is explosive when triggered. Whilst in a rage, Ur becomes uncharacteristically, brutally violent and cares little about collateral damage in pursuit of their goals.
- Their proclivity towards jokes and lightheartedness doesn't have many limits, and they'll frequently joke about serious topics or mess around while doing important tasks, much to the irritation of their more serious companions. Though they rarely let frivolity get in the way of doing a good job, many people perceive their playful attitude as their failure to take a situation seriously.
- They firmly believe that everyone would like them if they just gave them a chance, which in theory means they don't have any enemies but in practice means that they will continually try to spend time or joke around with people who can't stand their guts, leading to a lot of friction. It's very difficult to convince Ur to leave someone alone, and it rarely lasts long. They see themself as completely innocent when their actions lead to conflict, and tend to play the victim rather than acknowledge the role their attitude plays in these disagreements.
Biography: Born and raised in the nomadic Two-Moon Clan, Urru's destiny to become a Shaman was decided when they were still a small child. As such, it was always expected that they would leave the clan for a time as a young adult to learn more about both the real and spirit worlds, which is seen as vital in order for one to have a wisdom to lead the tribe in spiritual matters. Shamans and Kavir are very respected among the Orc nomads, and it wasn't until Ur became old enough to interact with other societies that they realized their gender was unusual and not universally accepted - though there's a lot of overlap between those societies and those that distrust Orcs in the first place.
Though separated from their clan, they still see themself as a part of it, unable to entirely separate their personal identity from their tribal membership. Sharing a tent with their parents and six siblings in a group of several dozen other extended family members has given them a very communal mindset and they still get homesick frequently, though in their case home is wherever their mother sets up her camp.
They plan to stay out roaming the world for at least five years and perhaps as many as twenty, and though they are enjoying their newfound freedom their decision to join Hoseforn's was based entirely on gaining the knowledge and wisdom to be a better Shaman for the Two-Moons one day. Their name means "speaking wolf", and they want to be the best voice for their people that they possibly can be.
They left home with a small pack of personal items and their loyal Warg, Kelakan. Kelakan is a wolf the size of a draft horse, loyal and clever, who carries Ur's weight easily. She is dark grey with thick, soft fur and amber eyes, intimidating at first though her puppylike playfulness quickly win over most people. Like horses, most Wargs are not trained to be ridden into war and she is a gentle creature most of the time, though she would not hesitate to protect her master from a perceived threat. As Urru's closest connection to home and loyal friend, they spend a lot of time with her and can be found going for a walk around campus most every morning.