Singing in the Rain
"April showers bring May flowers", so the saying goes, but what the heck are you supposed to do before the flowers come? On a cold rainy day, you could huddle up inside, sleep it all away...or you could embrace it. Make the best of the day you are given, despite the weather. Don't cringe away from the clouds above, instead face them head-on, for each one has a silver lining!
1. A literal rainy day being the setting is not necessary; all that is required is that the character(s) find some way to make something good out of a bad situation.
2. Minimum wordcount is 1000; there is no maximum.
3. Please title your entries!
Grounds for disqualification
2. Your entry having no clear connection to the prompt.
3. Gratuitous violence or gore.
4. Explicit sex scenes. Fade to black is fine.
5. Word count being far(2-300 words) below the minimum.
Please submit your entry here in the Prompt and Entries thread by Tuesday, April 17th. Direct all questions and feedback to my PM box or the associated Discussion thread, and I will gladly answer them.
Please hold off all votes and critiques until the proper thread has been erected for this prompt.